Where do you see Sythe.org in 6 months? 1 year?

Discussion in 'Community General' started by Wortel, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Unread #1 - Mar 12, 2019 at 2:37 PM
  2. Wortel
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Carrot Sythe's 15th Anniversary (2)
    Detective Two Factor Authentication User OG Club SytheSteamer WoW Classic Member of the Month Winner Photography Competition Winner I saw Matthew In Memory of Jon
    May the 4th Be With You Member of the Quarter Winner

Wortel Strive not to be a success, rather be of value.
    Wortel Donor Ghost Face Retired Global Moderator

As a sequel of this thread I'm curious where you all predict this website to be at within a time period of 6 months and/or 1 year. I get that this is a great thread to farm up your postcount, but please refrain from spamming and/or trolling in this thread. Your expectations can be based on anything really; the website's state, it's staff members, it's forum design, etc.

I'm expecting the website to be at the same place, with the same or a smaller userbase in 6 months and in 1 year. I'm expecting the same users I've ended up reporting for the past 2 years to keep on returning, I'm expecting no forum redesigns despite the website's desperate need for it, neither do I expect any shiftings in it's current admins. Globals and sectionals will most likely keep on changing.

^ RuneMarket and Beast like this.
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  3. Unread #2 - Mar 12, 2019 at 3:46 PM
  4. DuckM
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

DuckM Guru

I see the potential for many things, but for realistic future predictions I would say:

6 Months:
    • A much bigger problem with scammers, especially the ones targeting those unaware of best practices. I see people getting scammed, and It's hard to educate people that don't think they need teaching.
    • People are realising the true enterprise benefits of operating within the industry. There will be more competition resulting in a harder time for everyone.
    • Potentially more rules and guidelines to protect sellers and buyers, I expect another post outlining further policy clarifications like the one Champ published.
    1 Year:
    • Stricter regulations and higher barrier to entry, I predict Sythe will lay the hammer down on those taking advantage of users for example.
    • Sythe will have a more defined and available policy to any disputes that occur within all common areas, such as OSRS Services & Account sales.
    • Another 3 Wortel Clones doing gods work
    Also a few questions to you @Wortel

1. You mentioned about a forum redesign, do you mean cutting down on inactive sections?
    2. You predict a potential decline in users, what makes you think that will happen and what could be done to improve the situation from occuring?

^ Beast and Wortel like this.
  5. Unread #3 - Mar 12, 2019 at 4:18 PM
  6. Wortel
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Detective Two Factor Authentication User OG Club SytheSteamer WoW Classic Member of the Month Winner Photography Competition Winner I saw Matthew In Memory of Jon

I meant sections that properly reflect the changes happening online and on Sythe aswell, such as sections where you can dispute DNT's/infractions etc. Here's an approved suggestion about it that's gonna take ages till it's being reviewed: [APPROVED/REVIEW] Forum Redesign.

Perhaps me? I know for a fact that some the staff team don't like me reporting ban evaders. Aside of that I have a feeling even the scammers eventually get bored and only the rookie scammers will be left. And those who aren't scammers but manage to stay legitimate to the last minute will eventually lose interest and move on with their lives.

^ Beast and DuckM like this.
  7. Unread #4 - Mar 12, 2019 at 4:43 PM
  8. Program
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    FuukinAndy #6867

Program Formerly known as Andy Samberg
    Retired Sectional Moderator

In 6 months to a year nothing will change. Just like nothings changed in the last 6 months to a year. Little inconsequential things may change, stickies, rule clarifications, etc. But in the grand scheme of things clearly nothing is going to be different between now and then.

Not sure why you'd want things to change either. Things are good imo.

^ Frank, Beast, Wortel and 2 others like this.
  9. Unread #5 - Mar 12, 2019 at 6:16 PM
  10. Beast
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Nitro Booster (3) Live Streamer Member of the Month Winner Supporting Business Halloween 2020 Summer 2020 Sythe's 15th Anniversary Gohan has AIDS Pokémon Trainer

Beast Runestake.com - Crypto & Runescape Gambling
    Beast Donor

I disagree, the websites design is flawed & confusing. Every new person I’ve talked to / encountered on discord has expressed their confusion with the site.

The layout really needs to be redesigned. In my opinion there should be less sections and more broad directory’s. Example a simple front page that has Safety/ RuneScape/ other / scammers. Than from there each section will have its own sub category’s. Main page also have links to discord & maybe a fun interactive video or something.

I do see Sythe growing though. I’ve seen exponential growth in discord servers with newcomers just flooding in from all sorts of different markets in the past 6 months. I know these are trading discord’s, but the ones I’m in personally support , abide & encourage Sythe rules & promote signing up to Sythe.

11. Unread #6 - Mar 12, 2019 at 8:03 PM
  12. thisissparta1234
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

thisissparta1234 Active Member

If Sythe can truly wean itself off Runescape and establish itself as a significant thirdparty market for other online games then yes, I can see growth in Sythe. But at this current point, no. If Runescape continues to stagnate and deprove further, so will Sythe inevitably. This has nothing to do with how Sythe is run but just the nature of its dependence on Runescape's fortunes.

There is a credibly large market for CS and Dota/League, so perhaps more focus can be funnelled there(?)

^ Gladiator and Beast like this.
  13. Unread #7 - Mar 12, 2019 at 11:35 PM
  14. gambling_babz
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Babz#0938
    Summer 2018 Dragon Claws

gambling_babz Cheap Fire Capes and Low Level Account Shop!
    $100 USD Donor New

Or how about the fact our staff makes joke servers on Discord for literally no reason other than to entertain people that already use it . . . . . . . . . not thinking about new users . . . it looks immature and dumb.

^ Beast likes this.
  15. Unread #8 - Mar 12, 2019 at 11:41 PM
  16. Beast
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Nitro Booster (3) Live Streamer Member of the Month Winner Supporting Business Halloween 2020 Summer 2020 Sythe's 15th Anniversary Gohan has AIDS Pokémon Trainer

Beast Donor

I was referring more towards 3rd party servers, like other trading discords. They are intimidated by the site, and how to navigate through it, that they don't even bother.

The Sythe discord as you can see is more of an exclusive discord, it has users that are from the site and have been from the site for a while. You really don't see new members hoping in and engaging, unless they are Qemo.

17. Unread #9 - Mar 12, 2019 at 11:44 PM
  18. gambling_babz
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Babz#0938
    Summer 2018 Dragon Claws

gambling_babz Cheap Fire Capes and Low Level Account Shop!
    $100 USD Donor New

The point I'm trying to make is we should go from
    to
    It's not as welcoming as it should be

^ Beast likes this.
  19. Unread #10 - Mar 12, 2019 at 11:48 PM
  20. Beast
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here

Beast Donor

sure I agree, but sythe discord is for fun, and for spam. There is a Help channel if you really have a question many people do actually help there.

21. Unread #11 - Mar 13, 2019 at 8:17 AM
  22. ll champion
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Ll champion
    Lumpy Space Princess

ll champion Grand Master
    $25 USD Donor Competition Winner

We have the same standpoint on most of the things you've said but I'm thinking a little different.

Considering you're one of the most influential users on this forum I have no doubt you can help with this website's desperate need for redesign as you say, although this is mostly up to the admins/owner of the website.

Also I expect the globals and sectionals to always stay shifting, but over the course of 6m-1y I can see some potential changes in the admins.

All in all Sythe will remain.

^ Wortel and Sunny like this.
  23. Unread #12 - Mar 13, 2019 at 2:45 PM
  24. Wortel
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here

Probably me being "one of the most influential users" is overrated. I just do my moderator duties and complain, but me actually making changes through by complaining isn't happening I'm afraid.

25. Unread #13 - Mar 14, 2019 at 11:26 PM
  26. Return Zez
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:

Return Zez Active Member

I'm not too sure about the future of Sythe, but one thing I'd like to see being implemented is related to the Runescape gold market. I think that it would be cool to have almost a Grand exchange setup on Sythe. Not so much moderating the prices, but more so listing the prices available on Sythe. For instance users selling or buying gold would enter the amount per mill they are buying or selling at, and then there would be a page where other users could filter through the highest and lowest rates. Then from there they could view profiles to see if they deem the trader trusted enough to make a trade with them. This would allow for new users to more easily navigate the site as many people come here just to buy/sell gold quickly, and with this they'd be able to find the option that best suits them!

27. Unread #14 - Mar 16, 2019 at 10:44 AM
  28. harrylolxd
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

harrylolxd Picture perfect, I paint a perfect picture

You can't predict the future
    A massive forum with 1,000,000 Daily users?

29. Unread #15 - Mar 16, 2019 at 11:43 AM
  30. Teqila
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    teqila#0001
    Extreme Homosex Heidy Halloween 2020 Lawrence Homosex

Teqila Grand Master
    myveris Donor

I do not think much things will change, maybe amount of people who are visiting the page

^ harrylolxd likes this.
  31. Unread #16 - Mar 16, 2019 at 6:26 PM
  32. Luke
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Luke#2345
    Two Factor Authentication User Lawrence <3 n4n0 Homosex (2) Potamus

Luke Cunning, Stunning, and just a lil bit Foxxy
    Luke Donor

I'm certainly not expecting some sort of Sythe rebrand or overhall over the next however long.

I do however hope that some time is invested into keeping up with today's communication methods and marketplaces.
    For example, discord is a thriving platform for all things gaming related, and currently Sythe's only use for it is a shitposting extension to the spam forum.

I'd like to see Sythe as a whole utilising future space and opportunity.
    The forum is iconic to Sythe, but that doesn't mean other platforms can't be used proficiently to flow members between the provisions to allow for greater growth and community creation.
    Whether that will happen is out of my hands, at this time. But who knows what the future holds!

< HELP L0L | Looking for Venezuelans to interview (eres venezolano?) >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest

Adblock breaks this site