Username change request suggestion [1 year wait]

Discussion in 'Denied Suggestions' started by Zero, Apr 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unread #1 - Apr 9, 2017 at 10:12 PM
  2. Zero
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Zero#1475
    I'm LAAAAAAAME Member of the Month Winner Valentine's Day 2018 Poképedia Doge Halloween 2018 (2) Dragon Claws Christmas 2018 (2)
    Valentine's Day 2019 Tier 3 Prizebox Mudkip Summer 2019 Rakashrug Baby Yoda St. Patrick's Day 2019 Easter 2019 Nitro Booster

Zero May we meet again
    Retired Sectional Moderator Monster g0nezero Donor

So I'm not sure if this has been suggested over the years, but this is something that would really help and ease a fair amount of players, myself included.

After talking with @Shin , he told me that I absolutely needed to wait the 1 year birthday date of my current Sythe account in order for me to request a name change, but he told me I could suggest something about that feature.

So this is about this :
    • Have a join date which dates to at least a year prior to their name change request
    I will explain the situation I'm in and I will let you judge if that's enough to change that feature. I understand that what I'm about to word out is based on my personal opinion/situation, but like stated above I'm sure some other players might be in that situation.

In order to request a minor or a major name change, you have to meet some standards. I, personally, meet them all except the 1 year wait. Again, I, personally, have used another account way before my actual one, and we are talking about atleast a year back. So technically, I, myself, the person behind this account, have been on Sythe for atleast 1 year. I find it sad that we have to wait a whole year in order to request a name change, especially when the person behind the computer is a 1 year old Sythe user but the account is not. Plus, when we create a Sythe account for the first time, we never know how long we will be on this site or if we plan on staying.

In my case, I created an account back in 2015 because I was looking for something specifically, and I was not planning on staying here. This was a "one time thing" as some might say. Now, back in the end of august 2016, I decided to get back on Sythe as I had some things to do, and I could not find the informations on my last account, so I had to create another one in order to enter Sythe. So I did my things, here and there and fell in love with this platform. Now, as of 2017, I established myself on Sythe under the name of "g0nezero" because I take pleasure of using this site and I plan on staying with that account for the rest of the time.

Finally, here is my suggestion : If we can somehow prove to an admin or, whoever we have to talk, that we have had another account here on Sythe that is atleast 1 year old AND also connect it to our current Sythe account, can that be enough to grant us the chance of requesting a name change, if of course we also meet the other standards?

I thank you in advance for the time you will spend on reading my suggestion and in the end, I will respect the decision made. Just figured it was worth a try.

*Edited typos*

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  3. Unread #2 - Apr 9, 2017 at 11:28 PM
  4. Wonderland
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Wonderland spokesman

If anything should change it should be the wording of the requirement to deter further confusion.

5. Unread #3 - Apr 10, 2017 at 1:19 AM
  6. Tony
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Tony#9688
    M
    SytheSteamer Live Streamer Rio 2016 Community Participant Twitter Facebook Promoter Rust Player Photography Competition Winner

Tony Formerly known as Island
    Retired Sectional Moderator $200 USD Donor New

you can actually merge accounts together, or you can request it somewhere. i vaguely remember a few people doing that some time ago. im fairly sure that option could benefit you.

The accounts that you share must have common ip addresses and other stipulations i believe

^ Rael and Zero like this.
  7. Unread #4 - Apr 11, 2017 at 10:10 AM
  8. Rael
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    ghashrael
    Two Factor Authentication User Summer 2016 Gracious St. Patrick's Day 2017 (2) Valentine's Singing Competition Winner In Memory of Jon Easter 2016 Gohan has AIDS (2) Why is there BACON in the SOAP!?
    Valentine's Day 2015 Valentine's Day 2016 Potamus (2)

Rael Cheapest gold from the nicest chap
    Rael Donor

I'm with Island, you should actually, if there's the option, merge your old account with your new one, to meet the requirement of 1 year. It would be non sense to waste mods time, by checking every person asks for a name change under the conditions you describe, because some of them could be fake. rather to merge everything at once.

^ Zero, Young_Sinatra and Tony like this.
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  9. Unread #5 - Apr 21, 2017 at 8:59 AM
  10. Zero
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Zero#1475
    I'm LAAAAAAAME Member of the Month Winner Valentine's Day 2018 Poképedia Doge Halloween 2018 (2) Dragon Claws Christmas 2018 (2)
    Valentine's Day 2019 Tier 3 Prizebox Mudkip Summer 2019 Rakashrug Baby Yoda St. Patrick's Day 2019 Easter 2019 Nitro Booster

Zero May we meet again
    Retired Sectional Moderator Monster g0nezero Donor

May I get a moderator's opinion on that please?

11. Unread #6 - Apr 21, 2017 at 10:51 AM
  12. Meteor
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    born 2late 2 explore the earth b0rn 2soon 2 explore the galaxy born just in time 2 browse sith d0t org Toast Wallet User Lanturn

Meteor Grand Master
    Retired Global Moderator

I agree that proving ownership of an older Sythe account should count towards the join date requirement. IIRC, this has already been the case in at least one name change request that was granted.

^ Zero likes this.
  13. Unread #7 - Apr 21, 2017 at 1:57 PM
  14. tMoon
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    <3 n4n0 STEVE Former OMM

tMoon FoRmErLy KnOwN aS Tmoe
    Crabby Retired Administrator Monster $5 USD Donor

I would like to see the requirement significantly shortened if not outright removed.

It doesn't make sense to me to require a join date as it just further links you to your account of which name you would like to change in the first place

As for your specific suggestion, I believe the entirety of the rule is for the account in question, not overall Sythe longevity so I cannot say I'm inclined to support; albeit, I'd like the rule gone in the first place.

^ Sunny, Zero, the slayyers and 1 other person like this.
  15. Unread #8 - Apr 21, 2017 at 7:53 PM
  16. Pikachu
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    __pikachu
    Verified Ironman I saw Matthew Member of the Month Winner Detective Toast Wallet User
    Sythe's 15th Anniversary Nitro Booster (2) Two Factor Authentication User Christmas 2023 Poképedia Valentine's Day 2021 Valentine's Day 2020 Valentine's Day 2019 Torchbearer 2016 Pokémon Trainer
    Easter 2017 Easter 2016 Christmas 2022 Christmas 2021 Halloween 2022 St. Patrick's Day 2017 Christmas 2016 MushyMuncher Summer 2022 (2) The Glizz

Pikachu Runewager.com - Osrs Gambling
    Market Moderators Bond Holder CDT Member Our Community Moderators

I actually support automating the process,
    I feel as if doing mannually makes this a real issue,
    One name change every 3 years for donors over (current number) and as long a member for however long,
    I know this is abit off-topic, but hey no better place to suggest it than place were people will be talking about.

17. Unread #9 - Apr 26, 2017 at 2:09 AM
  18. tMoon
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    <3 n4n0 STEVE Former OMM

tMoon FoRmErLy KnOwN aS Tmoe
    Crabby Retired Administrator Monster $5 USD Donor

We have put a suggestion to a vote in staff lounge. Closed/will update in the coming days with results.

^ Zero likes this.
< Mods cracking down on account selling rules | Account selling >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Adblock breaks this site