[Summer Results] Sythe Summer Quarterly [SuF Interviewed][Sythe Q/A]

Discussion in 'Community General' started by Sonia, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Unread #1 - Sep 20, 2016 at 3:48 PM
  2. Sonia
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    <3 n4n0 Two Factor Authentication User Community Participant Support Center Participant Writing Competition Winner In Memory of Jon Valentine's Day 2017 (2) Valentine's Day 2016 Pokémon Trainer Togepi
    Penguin

Sonia A Beautiful Soul and a Heart of Gold. <3
    $200 USD Donor New

[​IMG]
    By the Community Development Team

Sythe.org News

We have had some very big changes at Sythe.org; from a Software transition, to moderator applications
    and everything in between! You can check a few main highlights of the Summer!

Sythe Gold!

It's been roughly two weeks since the release of Sythe Gold!
    Sythe Gold was added to encourage activity and to reward members for their community participation.

Some ways to earn Sythe Gold by doing multiple activities including posting & replying to threads,
    receiving likes in majority of the forum, referring users to Sythe.Org, and donating in the near future,
    as well as participating in events/servers. You will be able to spend Sythe Gold on various different perks.
    Feel free to suggest what you want Sythe Gold to offer as this major update is still a growing feature!

Read more here!
    Forum Software Changed!

The forum software was changed from VB3 to XenForo back in May.
    This switch was made due to the old software being less secure
    and the inability to move forward with adding new features to the site.
    The XenForo move has been an immense success with new additions and updates being added daily,
    see what the owner had to say about the move in the Q/A below!
    Sythe Verified User removed & Mobile Recovery!
    Sythe Verified User (SVU) was removed and any person who previously had SVU was given a Sythe PrizeBox,
    as compensation for the money they spent on the rank. SVU was removed,
    because it gave a false sense of trust, unfortunately by using fake phone numbers to obtain it,
    which did not verify an actual identity.

As for Mobile Recovery, you can now add a phone number to your profile that will be kept private,
    this makes recovering your account super easy and is very secure!

Read more here!
    Do Not Trade Rank
    DNT otherwise known as the Do Not Trade Rank was added as an alternative to permanent bans.
    Any users who have previously received a permanent ban as an offence on this site
    will receive a DNT rank on a case by case basis and temporary bans are in place,
    as well as a move forward with a change to the pardon system.

You shouldn't attempt to trade with any DNT user and vice versa,
    if someone with DNT attempts to trade you should report them.

Lastly, if you know any banned members that want to rejoin Sythe,
    make sure you let them know that they can request a DNT by following the instructions here!

You can read more on what DNT is, the logic behind DNT, and the reason for implementing DNT here!
    Moderator Applications
    Recently applications for Sythe.org staff were opened! Positions are not currently open,
    however applications are still being considered as long as you meet the requirements.

Requirements needed:
    • Two Factor Authentication enabled. Click here to set up 2FA. (This will also keep your account safe!)
    • Registered on Sythe.org for 2 years minimum.
    • Users with a TwC, DNT, or an outstanding debt are ineligible to apply.
    • Account must be in good standing with no outstanding scam accusations or open reports.
    Do you meet the requirements and think you have what it takes to become a Moderator?
    You can read all about the application process here!

Sythe.org Changes

Staff Changes:
    [​IMG]

Community Development Team Changes:

Welcoming Sonia, Yankiee, Shall Skill, Mootrucks & Island to the Community Dev Team!
    We'll be working on some new ideas for upcoming events that you wont want to miss! Roll on some festive events;
    Halloween and X-Mas! We can't wait!

Congratulations on Excelont & Time To Buy, who are taking over the Community Dev Team Leader roles.
    You are doing us proud!

New Sythe Public Relations team:

Welcoming Chloe, Aklan, Mage3158, iFreshMez & Really Swell to the PR team!
    PR have been working extremely hard, their dedication towards reaching out through Social media platforms is astonishing.
    They'll be working on amazing new explorations into the public relations scene, we can't wait for what it brings!

Congratulations to
    Buyacc & Tyler, who took the roles as Public Relation Team Leaders. Doing absolutely amazing!
    New Technical Core:

Welcoming blupig, n4n0, iJava, Darkgroove, Ritysayo & Grave to the Technical Core!
    Technical Core have been introducing a new element of gaming into the forums lately.
    With all new gaming events and technological advances that we have been loving.
    Developing into the new tech era, bring out the bots & safer systems!

Congratulations to SuF & Syed, who took the roles as Technical Core Leaders. Brilliant work!

Other Changes:

Gracious (Official Middleman)

Tyler (Official Middleman)

Chloe (Official Bond Holder)

Realist (Official Bond Holder)

T1N0 (Official Bond Holder)

Major Name Changes:

Analogue → Arcane

Bleuskittle → Tyler

Bogla_Man_Toilet → Bogla

Chloecat → Chloe

Eliite → BRyder

Euterpe → Eut

Ghast → Kiro → Wonderland

Gun is God → Gun

MrEvilPwns → Chris

moes6223 → Moes

pure_p10x → Dom

Rsgoldmarkt → Kaii

sellerofgolder → Switch

Scott xD → Scotty

Spear Dice → Spear

tukpride → No Lifer

xandrx → Andre

Gaming News

[World of Warcraft] WoW's Sixth Expansion: Legion!

WoW's newest expansion came out August 30th on Mac and PC, and "WoW" did it give people tons of reasons to play again.
    To name a few reasons why WoW is exciting right now; a level cap of 110 rather than 100,
    customizable class specific weapons called "artifacts", and a brand new continent known as Broken Isles ready to be explored!
    When you purchase the expansion you will be able to boost one of your existing characters to level 100 free of charge!

I'll definitely have to start playing again, great work Blizzard!

You can read more about Legion here!

[Pokémon GO] 1 year anniversary & Buddy System!

Buddy Pokémon, a feature that was announced fairly recently has now been added to the game.
    This feature allows you to choose any Pokémon to be your buddy and you can swap them at any time for another Pokemon that you own!
    In addition, players are also able to earn candy when they walk with their buddy Pokémon!

In other news it has been 1 year since Pokémon GO was first announced, happy birthday PoGo!

Read more here!

[RS3] September Behind The Scenes!

September is a big month for RuneScape 3 in 2016. There are two dates that every hardcore Scaper knows about,
    Rune Fest and Double XP Weekend.
    Watch Rune Fest on RuneScape's Official Twitch Channel this event happened on September 17th.
    Expect some awesome announcements for 2017, read up on all the goodies here!
    Double XP weekend will be starting on the 23rd and ending on the 26th.
    So make sure you stock up before it's too late!

On top of that RS3 has a few interesting updates coming out this month, as follows;

Bounty Hunter

Bounty Hunter is a PvP mini-game that assigns you another player as a target which you need to hunt down and kill!
    The best rewards come from killing your targets, although you can also go rogue and kill non-bounty targets.

This mini-game has rankings to ensure quality match making, therefore no need to worry if you are a noob!
    In addition to rankings you can expect some sweet rewards like kit upgrades for equipment including Statius and Vesta, as well as cool new weapons with special attacks!

In addition to bounty hunter, you will be able to participate in death matches in an arena that is not only safe, but also very rewarding.
    The obtainable rewards are upgraded Fremenik armour, ancient equipment drop enhancers, a Bounty Hunter Target Teleport spell, and ogre flasks.

On another note to September's updates, RuneScape has hit 250 Million accounts creations in total, woohoo!

Read more here!

[RS07] Wintertodt Skilling Boss!

Wintertodt, Oldschool Runescape's first ever Skilling Boss has finally been released!
    If you're interested in gaining quick and AFK fire-making experience while gaining money head north of Great Kourend in Zeah,
    alternatively you can use the games necklace and then talk to Ignisia.
    Fifty fire-making level, an axe, and a tinderbox will be required to fight this boss.
    You can also get cool rewards, check the spoiler out!

Tome of Fire

The Tome of Fire acts as an infinite source of fire runes and also gives a 50% damage increase to elemental fire spells with a requirement of 50 magic to equip. If you have the Fire Tome, an occult necklace, and a Smoke Battle-staff equipped you'll be able to max a 36!
    Pyromancer Outfit

Each part of the the Pyromancer outfit provides a small increase to the amount of Fire-making experience you receive for each piece you have equipped, and when you have the full set equipped you can get an additional 0.5% exp boost when training Fire-making!

These aren't the only rewards, you can read more here!

[RS07 DMM] Major Seasonal Deadman Changes & Deadman Invitational 3!

Every Seasonal Deadman has changes to better the game based from feedback from Seasonal gamers.
    Some of the changes that will be coming to the next Seasonal include making swapping and teaming harder, zulrah disabled,
    and the season length being reduced to 1 month.

When the current Deadman season comes to an end within the next few weeks,
    the third tournament will be taking place where the top 2000 overall ranked players will be able to compete!
    Your chance to take home $10,000!

Although the date/time for the final hour of the tournament has yet to be released,
    but you can keep up with by checking the Oldschool & Runescape twitter feed for updates here!

Read more here!

In Memory of Jon 1993-2016 [​IMG]

The Sythe.org community endured a very emotional departure earlier in 2016;
    we lost a treasured member of CDT and of our community.
    Here at the CDT we're remembering Jon.
    We have a few memorable statements from his closest and dearest pals, Video & Time To Buy.
    As well as a remembrance of the communities get together at a time in need.

From Video:

I first met Jon in March of last year. We didn't talk much at the time but when we did it was because Jon wanted to be helpful. He offered technical advice on certain reports and volunteered to provide DDOS protection for a website I used to work for. These offers were made genuinely and without prompting and I quickly learned that that's just the kind of guy he was. Just a genuinely nice, good guy, which is especially rare in this kind of community. One day he requested that I change the title of his VPS thread. When I clicked the thread I immediately noticed all of the lengthy vouches and testimonials he had received from his customers. You can read them yourself here [$200 donator]20% OFF ~ Logical Node RS VPS' ~ www.logicalnode.com I had never seen such an outpour of support like this in someone's thread, it only further convinced me that Jon really was an exceptional man.

In the summer of 2015, Jon asked me to hold a donation drive for Chai Lifeline. This was an organization that had helped him out with an earlier fight he had with cancer and he credited them heavily with keeping him alive through the incredible support and services they provide. It was a no-brainer for me to help him out with this fundraiser and thanks to Grave, Bogla, and other sythe users and businesses, we were able to raise well over $3,000, which is truly incredible. The intent at the time was for Jon to run a half marathon or in his words and I paraphrase here "if I can't run it, they'll have to put me in a wheelchair and wheel me through it" Sadly he was hospitalized and had to miss the event altogether. Chai Lifeline of course gave him the ability to run at the next time that he could but as we unfortunately know, that didn't happen either. It's very tragic that Jon passed, but I do feel better knowing that we as a community were able to help raise a large amount of money for Chai Lifeline and later for Jon's family. I have to give special recognition to the CDT for helping to organize a fundraising effort for Jon's family that led to over $7,000 raised and of course to the countless users who have given to Chai Lifeline and Jon's family. Below you'll read some words from TTB who was a very close friend to Jon and personally attended his funeral.

From Time To Buy:

Jon was a gift to everyone that knew him. I, and all that knew him, will never forget how kind of a soul he was. Jon always put the needs of others before his own, no matter what he was going through. It’s no wonder that the majority of the community has been so deeply affected by his passing.

I’ve already written a great deal about how Jon has touched me and others online in different posts around the forum, so I won’t go into it again. Instead, I wanted to share what I learned from going to Jon’s funeral in Buffalo. When I went to Jon’s funeral, I was surprised by the number of people attending, especially considering this was his second one. People there were surprised I was attending, but at the same time, I could tell it made them happy. They were happy to know that Jon not only touched people that he knew in his real life, but also those that he met online. Similarly, I was happy to find out that he touched those in his real life just as he did all of us online. I listened to speech after speech from his friends and loved ones about how Jon never let anyone worry about his health, or how he always wanted to make sure that they were happy, or how he knew how to cheer anyone up no matter what was going on, or how he was the best brother or son or friend anyone could ask for. I realized that the Jon we knew was only a fraction of the entire story; the real Jon was so much more and helped so many others.

At the funeral, I gave Jon’s parents a copy of all of the responses from this thread (Jon 1993-2016). They were very happy that I had come, and after the funeral they drove me from the funeral to the airport in their limo. I spoke with them quite a while on the day of the funeral, and since then, I’ve been in contact with them several times to help them settle Jon’s affairs and keep them in the loop about the donation’s that members of our community were making. I’m so happy I got to meet his parents; now I know where Jon got his kindness from. His parents are some of the most welcoming and considerate people I’ve ever met. I’m so glad that we as a community have been able to show them how many people Jon affected. They are so thankful for all that the community has done to help them through this tough time, both financially and more importantly, emotionally.

The hardest part of this whole process for me was when my flight was nearing Buffalo on the day of his funeral. As I looked down onto the city, I smiled because I thought about how I couldn’t wait to talk to Jon about me finally visiting him and his family, just like he asked me to do countless times. It took a minute, but I of course remembered soon enough. I will never be able to tell Jon about how cool his parents are or how his friends from camp know people from my school or that he looks pretty snazzy in a suit. When I shoveled dirt into Jon’s grave, it hurt so unbelievably much to think that my friend was inside that coffin. But at the same time, I knew it was for the best. His suffering is finally over. The memory of him will stay in our hearts for years to come. His loved ones and our community is closer together now more than ever in remembrance of our friend. And I know that somewhere out there, Jon is smiling down at all of us, happy that he won’t be forgotten.
    On 20th of July 2016 our friend Jon past away, the community shared their condolences, respect,
    love and memories; see below.

Very, very sad to hear this :( ~ Yousuckv2

I just shed a tear and i barely knew the guy :( ~ JSand

Depressing news, Jon always helped me with my VPS when I asked despite his busy and stressful life. Thoughts are with his family and friends. ~ Basement

Jon, was one of the most respected Sythe members around. Everyone loved and respected him. He provided many with great services as well as great friendships. He may be gone, but he will stay forever in our hearts and never forgotten. Rest easy Jon. ~ Matt/Excelont

Jesus, this is terrible news. Jon was a very kind soul, keeping his family in my thoughts. ~ Farcast

Wow, this saddens me, I only knew the guy for a short period of time, but he's a real cool dude. I wish I could donate somehow but the Gofundme page doesn't accept PP anymore.. My heart goes out to him and his family. ~ JayiARTS

Well that's fucking depressing. ~ funbox

Didn't know you Jon but rest in peace I hope you and your family can find peace. ~ ryanm17

Truly sad to hear the news even though I barely knew him. My thoughts and prayers are with him, his family and his friends. May you rest in peace Jon. ~ Aklan

I'm a really sensitive person when it comes to death. I've lost a few family members to cancer and still have a few currently diagnosed (including my father). When I heard about this I was just pacing around my house. I can imagine what his family is going through and they could use all the support they can get. Ritchy if you are in touch with his family, let them know that the entirety of the Sythe community stands by him. Dozens of people were his friends here and hundreds more have communicated with him. He will not be forgotten. Rest easy, Jon. ~ Hamouze

He was so caring of other people and always offered to lend a helping hand and was so positive considering his situation and what life through him. Was definitely blessed to learn from Jon. ~ Entrr

Unfortunately I never spoke with him but from what I have read from other users on Sythe, he was a very kind man who had the up most respect from everyone in the community. Rest In Peace, Jon.
    My thoughts go out to all his friends and his family. ~ Decimate

I don't believe it.... Jon has been one of my favorite people I've known online the last couple of years. I'm at a loss of words at the moment. Jon I fucking love you and know you're in a better place. ~ JohnG

A sweeter guy I've yet to meet. I enjoyed sharing music, stories and jokes with Jon over the past year or so. A lovely guy with a heart of gold, taken far too soon. I will treasure our conversations. Love ya Jon, rest in peace. ~ Roary

Jon was one of the most memorable individuals i've met, from the years I've known him he always joked around and knew how to make anyone laugh, but at the same time was a dedicated hard worker. The way he conducted himself would never lead anyone to ever expect he was fighting something so brutal. Jon was a truly remarkable guy that will always forever be remembered in our hearts. May you rest in peace, and may peace be found within your loved ones. ~ Jrock

Someone give Jon the angelic rank. ~ JohnG

This hit me way harder than I expected. Jon and I talked on and off over the past couple years. He's always inspired me with his hard-working, upbeat attitude. Seemed like he was always trying to put a smile on my face, despite everything he had been struggling with. I wish I had spoken to him more.... You'll be sorely missed, Jon. ~ WhoNeedsAChaser

Though my interactions with Jon were limited, this is incredibly saddening news to hear. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends. ~ Meteor

Jon has taught me more than anyone else I've ever met. Be at peace Jon, your battles are won. We beat the reaper by living better, not by living longer. ~ Xier0

Extremely sad news. He was one of the best people I ever had the pleasure of talking to. You'll be missed Jon. ~ Dunworry

No way. Jon was a great guy, we didn't talk much recently but before we talked quite a bit. The last time we talked he wished me a happy birthday. Gonna miss him. ~ Add My Msn

Only talked with him once, but seemed like a nice guy. Sorry to hear this ~ PlanBUK

Very sad to hear. My thoughts are with his friends and family. :( ~ -Ryan

I probably wasn't close to Jon like a lot of you on Sythe, and didn't know the full extent to what he was dealing with besides it being a horrible case of cancer, but he was a really chill guy to talk to. Whenever he was in Bert's teamspeak I'd speak to him, and it pains me to know that I won't get that chance again since he was such an easy guy to get along with. ~ Dropperz

No wayyy :*( omg man. Very sad to hear this... Rest in paradise. ~ T1N0

Fucking wow. I didn't speak to Jon much, but he was one of the most patient and genuine people i've ever had the chance to talk to on this site. My heart sank when I read the title of this thread. My thoughts go out to his friends and family. =-/ ~ Joshuaag1234

As someone who has lost a few to cancer including my mum im sorry for his family and friends here. I know i didnt know him but it still saddens me :( ~ Pound

Rest in peace Jon, you were an amazing guy who I'm sure has touched many lives both on and off sythe. You'll be missed pal. ~ Jack Goff

This was so crushing to hear. Jon was a fantastic friend to me. He fought hard and he'll be greatly missed by many people. He talked a lot about his parents being supported when he passed, apparently they relied on him for some financial things. I hope that the go fund me will help out with that wish. Rest in peace Jon ~ Darkest Dream

Sad to hear. Never had any interaction with the guy, but it seems he was respected by many. Be at peace Jon ~ Mardoude

I'm at a loss for words, anyone who has ever spoken to Jon would know he never let his battles in real life affect his ability to communicate with customers and friends. We only ever talked a few times and it was usually when the server was acting up or when you ran some ideas past me for an upcoming revamp for logical node. I enjoyed how your mind always raced to think of new ideas and stay ahead of the competition like you had nothing else going on in life, you always seemed to look past it and continue on with day to day activities. I'm sorry we never got the chance to put some of your ideas into play. Rest in Peace. ~ iHateQuesting

Very very sad to hear. Jon was more than a good friend of mine.. he was one of the people that I respected the most here. He was someone that always stayed positive & friendly even in the most difficult times; someone that was able to leave a smile on our faces. I wish I talked to him more recently... but I know that he is in a better place now & that he can stop fighting. Jon, you made a difference here, & you will always stay in our hearts. We'll miss you, man <3. ~ THERSG0D(Matt)

Terribly sad. It's a cliche reminder that you can't take your loved ones or even friends for granted. Treat people well and appreciate them before they are gone. ~ Andy Samberg

I honestly don't know what to say. You were the first ever person on Sythe to believe in me, you were always helpful, honest and cheerful. You were like a big brother to me, I will never forget you. Goodbye Jon, I thank you for being a part of my life. ~ Gracious

Definitely a cool guy and definitely taken too soon. RIP buddy. ~ Blupig

I'm lost for words. Jon and I had our ups and downs, and after getting to know him better the past few years and after even having had really deep talks about life with Jon, I came to respect him, really more than any other Sythe member I know. He was an amazing person who would always take the time out to help or explain things to me when I needed. Rest in peace buddy, we'll all miss you. ~ R5V

I spoke to Jon for the first time on skype 6th May 2016. Looking through our conversation now I have so many regrets for not speaking with him more often. It's hard to explain, but the way he "spoke" (typed) was in the way of those rare people you instantly find likable. I cannot and will not pretend I knew him well, because unfortunately I didn't, but my thoughts go out to his closer friends and of course his family. This is a tragedy and I am proud of the sythe community for giving Jon support throughout all of this. ~ KingL1993

Jon: "Shit...I missed it... I would have lit a candle for her on the anniversary of it :(". As Jon offered to do for my grandma I will now do for him. RIP... "At least [he] isn't suffering anymore." ~ Factory New

I've known Jon since 2011, back when I was a DD host beside him. I won't pretend we were the closest of friends, because we were not, but we spoke at quite a length a couple months ago on discord for the first time in ages. We reminisced about old times, caught up and shot the shit for hours. It pains me to say that was the last conversation I ever had with him, but I'm glad it both started and ended on a positive note. Rest in peace Jon, and may your legacy live on. ~ n4n0

I'm honestly at a loss for words, first time losing someone I consider a friend and hopefully the last time for a very long time, although we didn't know each other in real life we may as well have. Rest in peace Jon, knowing you i'm sure that you stayed positive till the end. ~ Mootrucks

Rest in peace Sportjon22 :( <3 ~ AK 47

Crushed to hear the news, jon was a great friend and truly a strong soul. wishing the best for his family, friends, and loved ones. may jon persist in memory as a kind and thoughtful person taken far, far too soon. ~ Superfluous

I really don't know what to say. It was just this morning I was told he was in the ICU at Sloan Kettering fighting again. I didn't think I would see him passing so soon. We spoke on numerous occasions with one another and he tried to help out with all kinds of things. Jon had a really pure heart and a truly caring mind. I'm deeply saddened by the fact I'll never get to speak with you again in this life, but know you're in a better place now and there's no need to fight anymore. Thank you for being a kind soul and helping all the people you interacted with. Rest in peace Jon. ~ Shin

Rest in peace Jon. Hope you're staying high up there in the clouds puffin' with god. ~ Really Swell

I knew Jon very well. He was an amazing person and always willing to help me with anything regardless of how busy he was. Jon was always a positive person and was always a great friend. Around a month ago he stopped coming on ts and that's when I started to worry. Jon's always been a super positive person and an awesome guy. He'll be deeply missed. ~ Sept

Very saddened and shocked to hear this. He's always been one to help others from the time I met him, albeit not very long ago. We not only lose a great member, but also a great person with a big heart. RIP ~ Kiro(Wonderland)

Rest in Peace Jon, still remember when you helped me out with my Oakdice ban report, how you've been there for the whole community. Will be remembered. ~ Smoothx

Jon joined my teamspeak one time, we've done business before and have had complications. I hardly knew him, but I was fed information by friends about his medical status. When I first heard his voice you could hear the compassion in it - he was 100% fixated on working out the problems I was having with his server. I wish I had spoke to him more. I'm very sorry for Sythe as we have lost a great member, but my heart goes out to his family. No one should have to go through this - especially someone like Jon. May he rest easy. ~ King Krab

I had only just met Jon in March when buying a VPS for the first time. He was so kind and helpful when selling to me. He would take his time to answer everyone of my questions and never complain about providing support. He was very talented at what he did and spent hours helping me setup and assisting in every way possible. It's such a shame to see awful things like this happen to people who are so nice. The Sythe community will always remember you, as you were one of the few that would put the customer in front of the profit. I'll keep your family in my prayers and I'm sure you are in a better place now and the suffering you have been going through is over. You will be deeply missed by the community. Thanks for all that you have done for us. ~ Boney

I didn't talk to Jon much but when I did he was always extremely compassionate and ready to help no matter what he was going through. Jon was one of the nicest and most respectable sythe members I have ever talked to. Rest In Peace. ~ Noble

I'm incredibly saddened to hear this news. I never knew him personally, however he was somebody I noticed throughout the forum over the years and always thought he would be someone others would look up to. My thoughts and best wishes are with the family in this difficult time. ~ Ardy

Jon was the most helpful and selfless guy you'll ever meet. I'm pretty sure he was a tech support for nearly all websites on this forum. He was really positive and funny, even when he was going through things that would make the average person bitter and angry. The community has lost a great member. Hopefully we can all learn from you and put others first more often, just as you did with us. Rest in peace man :( ~ R2Pleasent

Damn, my cousin created avatar for him few weeks ago, he was so happy about it. Rest in peace ~ Zuzel111

Hearing this tragic news is really saddening. I didn't know Jon personally, but through how Bert spoke of him and through reading his Chai Lifeline campaign story and his effort to want to run a Marathon albeit in his condition, made him a wonderful, strong and inspirational lad. The last I saw of him was on Berts TeamSpeak, where I edited something stupidly and the server kicked him, I had been waiting for Jon to return to apologies, I'm sorry Jon, and I know from the love everyone has shared that you would of forgiven me. My only wish was if I could of been in the teamspeak more often to have known you. Make Heaven Proud. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, you no longer have to suffer and you're in a better place now. ♥ ~ Sonia

I only knew him briefly but what a good guy. As many others have said: he will be missed. I've added white ribbon posticon as a tribute to his memory. ~ Sythe

Gut wrenching news to come home to. One of the best guys i've ever met, always fighting because he knew he wasn't done with his dreams and aspirations. Had planned to bring Jon to a concert in August before these past two months transpired. Even though we weren't close until the beginning of 2016, felt like a brother i've known for my entire life. Deeply sickening that this outcome. Fly high Jon. ~ Gun Is God(Gun)

It's crazy to see the scale at which Jon effected each of our lives individually dedicating his own time helping us with our problems and supporting us in every way he could. He was someone who always put others above himself. He would often put all else aside to hear your problem or thought and provide any insight he had on the situation. The way he carried himself even with the burden of the terrible disease is a mentality I hope to carry for the rest of my life. I think those who had the opportunity to meet Jon were extremely lucky and I think as a community we were lucky to have him fight so hard for so long. I can't believe he's gone I'll miss him dearly but at least he isn't suffering. He was a mentor, a friend and an overall joy to everyone around him. RIP Jon. ~ Entrr

Unfortunately, I joined Sythe too late to meet Jon, so I never had the privilege to get to know him. I was saddened today to read about how this man so young was enduring so much. Despite those unimaginable hardships, he fought long and hard where most people would just give up. That sort of bravery is inspiring. After reading all of these kind posts, I will remember Jon as the friend you could rely on, somebody who puts others before themselves. It appears he was quite the intelligent and honest businessman too. My prayers are with Jon's family. Rest in Peace Warrior. ~ 2007GoldMan

Didnt have much interaction with him. My family has been hit by cancer years ago as well. We lost what seems to be a hell of a member. Added another donation to his gofundme account as well. ~ FireZ

Can we host a community event in the near future where all proceeds and sponsors go to Jon's family? I think it would be a good way to express to Jon's family just how important he was to everybody here on Sythe, too. ~ Farcast

To think I was just asking around barely 12 hours ago to see if you were okay and the next thing you're gone... My condolences go out to his family. Although I had never spoken to Jon directly I could just tell from the effect he had on other people that he was an amazing guy. Sad to hear that I'll never get to know him on a personal level. ~ TeamTofu

I took this harder than I thought I would, I've never had someone I know die, I knew jon for 1-2 years he helped me with everything we joked around a bit. Whenever I had a stupid question about a vps he would act like it wasn't stupid at all, he knew that not everyone had the knowledge he did and was extremely patient when helping out. Customer satisfaction was always #1 for jon if a vps went down for a day he would chuck in an extra day or two for the inconvenience, somehow he managed to balance every vps on sythe and cancer I have no clue how, he talked about it a lot, I never thought he would die. I wont claim we were best friends, we were not but we certainly got along, at least I thought so. I do not know what else to say, you will be missed, this has made me rethink a lot of things in my life. ~ RS Crown

This is really hard to read. Condolences to his family and those that were very close to Jon here at Sythe. Rest in piece to a true warrior. ~ Brendan

Sad to see someone pass so young. I work with a lot of the medical oncologists at the two cancer centers that he received treatment from (Roswell/MSKCC) and I have no doubt in my mind that he received top notch treatment. Rest in peace buddy. ~ Snow Patrol

I didn't know Jon but I know what it is like to lose someone to cancer. So my heart goes out to his family and it sounds like he fought until the end. That's all you can ask for. RIP. ~ McRevolation

Was talking about this in skype chat. I'm sure it's been a difficult road emotionally and financially for his parents, only to end in tragedy. I hope we can come up with some way to bring a bit of relief and support to them. Maybe a minirank "Never Forget" to everyone who donates $10+. Just a suggestion. Hoping we get a lot more ideas. ~ Andy Samberg

About 5-6 years ago, when Jon was a member/officer in Dragon Dyce - he put in a recommendation for me to become a host. I ended up messing up that chance and for years Jon would poke fun at me for somehow messing up such a simple opportunity. It always made me happy to know that someone who had been through such hell and made it as far as he did, hold onto such an incredible sense of humor and heart. Jon - you were an incredible friend. You were a man who cared so much for the world around him and the people you met. Your voice, smile, and character will forever be missed. This post hit me harder than I could have imagined, and I would give anything to get another 5 minutes of joking around with you. Rest easy in paradise my friend - we will all dearly miss you. ~ Dave

Rest in peace. ~ Hahanerd

For the brief time I knew Jon he was the nicest guy, he always went out of his way to help. No one should ever have to die so young, fuck cancer. Rest in peace mate. ~ Qazteck

I never knew jon, but i have heard about him. His story is really, really compelling. Really sad to hear this news, I wish his family the best and may he rest in peace... ~ getonmylvl

Rest in peace Jon, may we meet again in paradise. ~ Bogdan

I've know jon for many years, we spent many hours talking trolling and joking late into the night.We solved admin problems together and worked through issues running d.d (and later player swap, but I was not admin there).he always considered himself my apprentice, but he always knew so much more then I did with technical issues, he also taught me so much, when I was trying to teach him lol.I have seen this comment posted many times, and it is true that despite his own sickness he would always make time to help people through their issues. Let me put it as another friend (bet me) put it....when ever anyone in the last 4 years asked jon for help he was sick! he has been fighting cancer with surgery, chemo and radiation. sometimes he was bed ridden or at least house bound with concerns for infections. he spend his time doing what he loved, playing games and helping people online..."m.b.f.b." (inside joke some of you will get lol). I will miss jon,my heart is heavy. he fought a good fight for a long time. now you can rest easy my friend. ~ poppa

I always enjoyed talking with Jon on skype about random stuff. When he was having his chemo he still went into an insane amount of effort to help me get programmers to help me with my college assignment. I had to complete this assignment or I'd have to delay my studying for atleast 6 months which would cost me a lot of money. Thanks to his effort he helped me get the help I needed and I finished the course. This for me showed how good Jon's spirit was. He was a true inspiration for people who tried to do good in the world. Rest in Peace Jon ~ Snail

wow... he will truly be missed. Only talked to him a few times, but he was always helpful.. RIP Jon.. Too Young :( ~ Never Dice

Rest in peace, Jon. It's very sad to hear and my thoughts are with his family. ~ Swaze

I've never talked with John which I really would have loved to. I'm really sorry to hear this and my prayers will be with Jon's family, rest in peace. ~ Wortel

Rest in peace Jon, even tho i never had the pleasure to meet you, i know you were a great friend to many people on here. ~ Skorp2610

Rest in peace Jon, you'll be missed by all of us. ~ Cas_M

my buddy is gone =( Jon will be loved and always missed. Ive never met a more sincere man in my life. R.I.P Jon ~ hattez

i'm sorry to hear of this. Condolences to his friends/family here. I didn't get the honor to meet/talk to him, but the way you all speak so very highly of him i wish i had :( R.I.P ~ RiskofSTDs

Jon is one of the nicest, most considerate people I have ever met. I knew him for a few years, being a host in my clan to renting us a VPS, as well as being a good friend. Despite being in the condition he was in, he spent his time doing what he loved, and always went out of his way to help others. His all round positiveness would make you realise how much of an incredible person he was. He was always happy, he had a greater love for life and more fun than most of us combined. When I first learned about what he's been through and his current condition, I was so shocked of how a person can have such a good love for life, be so positive, and be a smart, business minded individual he was, to be able to set up a successful business and have ambitions that he told me about which left me with my jaw dropped. He took the extra mile to make sure he did everything to the best of his ability, regardless of the condition he was in, including running his VPS business. We would sometimes not be able to make the payment to renew our VPS on the day it is due, because of issues such as being away, but he would renew it himself for us without even telling us, and we'd pay him a few days later. We'd speak with him and be like 'Sorry I just got back from being away today, can i renew the VPS again?' - to find that he'd already done it for us on the exact day it was due, no questions asked, even if we tell him its our fault, and wouldn't take extra $$ for the hassle either. May he rest in peace, RIP to the kindest soul I've met. ~ Soul Rich

I'm lost for words; Around 2012-2013 when Dragon Dyce had its prime time, I had the privilege to get to know Jon as one of the most friendly people I've ever met. He wouldnt save on giving out a compliment or help someone out in need. He had a good idea on how to do business and was never hesitating to take other people on board of his ship. Jon, I hope your personality may be remembered for years to come, and that others may take it as an example to fulfill their own goals. I'll drink one to you tonight ~ Flame

I didn't know the guy but this hurt to read. Rest in peace my man ~ Godswift

This made me cry a bit, recently I lost a friend of mine due to similar circumstances, it hurts really bad, cause he was so young, and im still a kid too. Well I never had the pleasure to meet the guy JON, But I heard from a Clan I was in, that he was an awesome dude. Rest In Peace ~ Rael

This is very sad to hear, I've known Jon for 5 years and he was a great guy, he was always helpful in any situation as well as funny at times despite his condition and very trustworthy, he will be greatly missed by many `:'( ~ Chillzer

Sad,
    RIP Jon, He was kind hearted guy :'(.Joined and left Sythe almost the same time. He will be missed. Jun 12, 2011 - Jun 10, 2016 ~ RS3GoldMart

I never met Jon, but Wow this was very difficult to read. What a good guy he was... Rest Easy Jon. ~ Aspect

RIP Jon. We had brief encounters with one another and he was a really pleasant guy to talk with. Your legacy will continue to shine here Jon. ~ GodGenesis

Damn that sucks, he was a nice guy, always ready to help. ~ Chechen

Rest in peace, personally spoke with him a couple of times, such a nice and a genuine person. ~ Moetive

Really upset me this one... From reading the other thread was really happy to hear he was on the mend. Rest easy bro, you will be missed. ~ DesireX

RIP Jon. Fortunately I had the privilege of working with him in the security team. He was a great person and will be missed. ~ Moes

Rest in peace jon. I never had the chance to meet him. But from what i just read hes already a new example for me to be. May peace be found within your loved ones. ~ Slice

Rest in peace. Fly high Jon ~ BRyder

Jon is probably one of the most genuine and selfless people I ever knew although we did not talk that much. I remember hosting in DD back somewhere around 2012 (I forget exactly when). He was always the guy that made sure big bets were going around equally. Even when he wasn't hosting he would still be in the teamspeak making sure everything was running fairly (even though I don't believe he was any sort of shift leader at the time). I used to set up linux vps' for people and one day Jon added me on Skype (we had been out of touch for awhile) and offered to give me a script for free that would set up the vps'. That is the type of person he was. Someone that would selflessly help others (even if we weren't the closest). RIP Jon ~ kmjt

This is very sad.
    was always ready with good advice, and positive vibes.
    May he rest in peace ~ Lvl 75 Def

What's really inspiring for me is despite all of his medical complications Jon fought on and tried as hard as he could to keep living life the way he wanted. I'm absolutely devastated to here this news, as it seems just yesterday we were having a good time on Skype. Jon... you were an amazing person and a bright soul. Rest in peace. Every breath we take is a blessing from God, don't take it for granted. ~ MoonGlare

I never knew Jon in fact when I heart Jon passed away I didn't even know who he was, maybe it's because I really don't use sythe that much except for work related stuff. But when I asked my brother (he's an active sythe member) who Jon was he asked me if I remembered the guy that had cancer and it hit me, I immediately knew who he's talking about since he's told both me and my family about all the things that Jon did, so even tho i never knew him personally I've heard so many things about him, how he was planning to walk the marathon, how he always helped other members of our community and all kinds of stuff he did in his life, in fact he accomplished more then we ever will in our entire life. Even tho i never knew him personally I feel like I've lost a friend of mine that I've known for a long time so I just wanted to express my condolences and say thank you for everything you've done. ~ Vigank

i have heard this yesterday from a friend of mine and i am still in shock i was not waiting it and i wasn't ready for it my best thoughts to his family you will be always remembered by your dobi man we really shared good times with you. ~ Dobi

so sad, prayers for the family :( ~ gucci2525

I have never known him, but I can't describe the feeling it gives me to read all your experiences with such a humble person, knowing he left us way too early. I feel sad I didn't get to know him and my prayers are with his family. ~ hello its me

While I didn't know him personally, simply seeing the way he conducted himself and the positivity he spread to those around him on Sythe makes it clear to me that he was a very special person indeed. Going through what he was going through and still finding the strength to be the person he was is no easy feat. It saddens me to see him go so early, I truly hope that his family can recover from this.
    R.I.P. ~ KaysHD

This is a very sad day. Jon was one of the few altruistic people I knew, he was always willing to help someone in need. I wish his parents the best, and I thank them for sticking with Jon in his battle. ~ Bogla

The CDT held a 50/50 Raffle for Jon after his passing.
    All the winnings totaling over $7000 from donations went to Jon's family!
    Everyone who donated $10+ towards the appeal received the In Memory of Jon MiniRank ribbon;
    wear it with pride as Jon is smiling down on us.

The CDT would like to thank the community and Bogla for their generous donations,
    support and effort made during this event and towards Jon's GoFundMe appeal.
    You can see everything, as well as the YouTube clip revolving around the 50/50 raffle below.

Interview

This year we were able to interview SuF, Tech Core Leader and ex-moderator.
    You can listen to this interview done by our very own Time To Buy

SuF on Sythe Interviewed! <--Click Here!

SoTM End of the Year Result! [​IMG]

We had some amazing GFX skills for our Signature of The Month competition!
    Thank you to all those who participated, we enjoyed viewing your entries.

Both Matt and Swaze tied this year with four votes each. Congratulations to you both!
    [​IMG]
    Here are their winning entries;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We had a lot of fun hosting this competition! Thanks again to everyone for participating.
    Check some of the other monthly winners, well done!

JayiARTS
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Monthly Graphics Challenge! [​IMG]

The all new redesigned SoTM is officially set in motion. There's a whole new point and voting system.
    You can earn a new type of winners minirank and a lot of new prizes to win!

Challenge month #3 here
    is now in voting stages! This theme was all about SuperHeroes! The Poll is out and you can vote here!

Our 1st challenge theme was all about Computers.
    Congratulations to Sonia on winning month #1, with our first ever IRL submission!

[​IMG]

Our 2nd challenge theme was all about Summer!
    Congratulations to Swaze on winning month #2, with this island in the sky submission!

[​IMG]

Thank you everyone who participated!
    A new challenge is released every month; get your artistic skills showcased by heading down to the Graphics Section.
    We look forward to seeing all your entries in the coming months!
    Sythe Q/A on Sythe.org Changes!

Sythe gave us incites on a few of the changes occurring on Sythe.org and future plans.

Will there ever be an arcade on the site? Such as a section with playable games etc.

TC is working on play.sythe.org, which may have smaller games, as well as a listing of our large games.

Any insight on what type of smaller games?

Multiplayer games probably, also we're thinking of doing a discord poker game and kingdoms when it gets a revamped. Currently we have our own Flash game. img.sythe.org/dat-boi/

Are you thinking of making your own games in the future, what type of games?
    What interests you in the gaming and coding field?

I'm working on three projects at the moment, sythescape which is going to be similar to an RSPS, sythelib which is going to be a modern remake of SCAR built for compatibility with modern games (direct x games for example), and starstone which is an RPG-strategy I'm working on, as well as general programming for the site. Also kingdoms v2 but I'm not actively working on that at the moment. Technical core is working with me on these projects.

Tell us about the SytheRSPS and the future of it?

The community have asked for an RSPS, although we're not legally able to provide exactly that, but we're working on something people should like. The tech core is working on this.

What are your aims and expectations for Sythe.org?

I'd like to get as many old/ex members back into the community as possible. I'd like to see the community part of the site, being active and thriving.

What do you want to see changed? In terms of staff, dev teams?

Thing I most want to see change is attitudes regarding new members. I believe the PR and TC are doing well as far as the teams go, however CDT don't want my help, so I let them do what they do. Staff has gone through an overhaul internally, we're moving to a peer review system which has been successful so far. I'm trying to make the teams and staff less hierarchical because hierarchy leads to politics which leads to in-fighting and nothing gets done. I want people to regard each other as peers working to a common goal not rivals working to get a higher rank.

What are your plans for Sythe Gold, what do you expect the outcome of SG to be?

I hope it encourages people to post more in less used sections. We will adjust rewards to get the outcomes we want from it. It will also reduce MiniRank inflation, by using the MiniRank grinder which should already be out. This lets you grind up your unwanted MiniRanks for Sythe Gold and the amount you get is based on the rarity of the MiniRank.

Are we having a bump button and how are you restricting none community participation posts from receiving Sythe Gold?

We most likely are having a bump button. Market bumps wont receive sythe gold, we'll probably score posts on entropy, that means a simple one or two word post wont receive anything and longer more unique posts receive something. Entropy is a technical / mathematical term for the amount of new / novel information in something.

Why do you feel the Spam Forum and Discord play a major role in the community voice?

We have an adult user base who like to unwind while playing games, a very controlled environment is not conducive to unwinding. Spam Forum and the unofficial discord provide an uncontrolled environment.

Some may say these voices are a negative stance, why do you use this in your judgement calls?

They are users with valid concerns. I take everyone's feedback seriously even if it is negative and presented in an offensive way.

How do you feel the transition to Xen has been? Do you have any regrets?

I think its gone was well as it could have. If I had to do it over I would probably go with NDB cluster over percona. The cluster crashes have been extremely stressful. We have a working solution at the moment but my general feeling is we could have done a lot better. NDB has its downsides as well such as very high bandwidth consumption. Other than that I think its gone quite well.

User Achievements!

[​IMG]

CDT Summer Results & MiniRank! [​IMG]

All new Summer events this year took our Summer to blazing new heights!
    We celebrated the Rio 2016 Olympics, tested your stock trading skills, showcased your Summer spirit through pictures,
    as well as having the community vote for the Summer MiniRank of 2016!

Congratulations to Matt with his Palm Tree submission. Winning a Prize box & a Summer Minirank!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Participants had to collect points throughout the CDT Summer events in order to cash in for the Summer Minirank!

**Any participant winning cash prizes from the Summer Spirit & Olympic events can directly contact Bogla for their rewards!**

Here are the results!

[​IMG]
    Summer Spirit Competition! [​IMG]

We've had an extra special Summery fun fiesta this year! All these amazing Summer spirited pictures,
    we can see you guys had a blast!

The CDT had such a hard time choosing the winners. All participants received a Summer prize point,
    however only the top three received cash prizes.
    Here's our top three winning photos!

1st place Boney with this Summer sunset by the pool side view!
    Congratulations on winning $100 & 3 extra Summer prize points!
    [​IMG]

2nd place Ritysayo with this inspiring fishing trip full of memories!
    Congratulations on winning $60 & 2 extra Summer prize points!
    [​IMG]

3rd place Rael with this spur of the moment excitement & love for cows!
    Congratulations on winning $40 & 1 extra Summer prize point!
    [​IMG]
    A special thanks to Bogla for generously sponsoring $200 for this event!

We had an amazing time viewing all your pictures and had such fun hosting this competition!
    Thanks again to everyone participating and hopefully you all cashed in your Summer Prize points for the Summer minirank. [​IMG]

Here are all the other entries!

Went on a sailing tour in Dubai at around 40°C. Great wind and awesome people (maybe a little hot ;))!
    [​IMG]

Family Day Out to Southend-On-Sea Beach/Pier..Tide was out and this is the longest pier attraction in the world.[​IMG]

picture of the entire city
    [​IMG]

After finals at college , i am chilling..
    [​IMG]

I took a picture of the golden clouds after a summer rain.
    [​IMG]

Here is a picture during my travels in India:[​IMG]

pictures of my adventures as the Summer winds down
    [​IMG]

Beautiful pics of the lake in ouray Co [​IMG]

Went to Seafair Fleet Week in Seattle with my friends and toured the U.S. Navy: USS Gridley (DDG 101) Guided-Missile Destroyer -I'm the one taking the pic-
    [​IMG]

I took this picture of a beautiful row of flowery tree type things on an olive farm in Provence, France:
    [​IMG]

been hanging out with old friends from high school this summer, bonfires in mission beach and whatnot :p[​IMG]

Best place in the world to spend a summer night.[​IMG]

Palace Of Versailles Garden - France.[​IMG]

i went to italy -[​IMG]

On holiday in Puerto Rico I saw this dragon-like creature chilling on top of the old San Juan Fort. Thought it looked awesome, his head slightly bend with the Fort in the background.[​IMG]

Stayed at my parent's farm in rural areas for 2 days.. got burned really badly [Sun]..
    [​IMG]

this is how i spent my summer :D brought new life to the worth and a potentially new sythe member in the future :D[​IMG]

Rode a boat and did some sightseeing in Yeosu, South Korea.[​IMG]

I look so shit here, sorry.[​IMG]

heres me at some sort of memorial that was right next to the ship that led me to the statue of liberty. yes the mirrors were weird like that.[​IMG]

Motorcycle Ride up the Canyon on a Cool Summer Night[​IMG]

One of the many pictures I took on holidays this summer in Italy.[​IMG]

This picture was taken of me on the Island of Burano in the Venetian Lagoon, Italy. The houses are painted different colors to artistically represent the different families property lines. Between the travelers on our bus trip, a competition was made to see who could match the best with the houses. I'm pretty sure I came in second.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Met Harambe's family at the zoo. Last minute submission, so many pictures to choose from. `:confused: Edit: Not really Harambe obviously lol. Not sure how to verify I took this pic, but was at the San Diego Zoo. Got a bunch of pics.[​IMG]

Me and my dog at the lake :)
    [​IMG]

drove 25 hours from virginia to colorado heres a view from me driving through the mountains of colorado [​IMG]

Took this at Long Beach Island New Jersey when i was on vacation. A dope ass Sandcastle
    [​IMG]

My submission. The name looks a bit blurry but if you want further proof, just pm me and I'll send in more pictures.
    [​IMG]

Pretty sure this was everyone's summer. I'm entering to get the rank I was cheated out of, I hope it works idk.
    Those balls were a pokestop FYI in another city.[​IMG]

Hi, this a bit of an odd entry but I'm making it for a reason. I have plenty of other more spectacular photos from my summer but this spider has been more involved than anything else. Since I moved from my mom's house I've had no pets to speak off and since I can't own pets here so I've been kind of depressed not having anything to call my own, especially since I left my dog with my mom.
    it may be an odd companionship, but throughout this summer I've been taking good care of this Tarantula who has yet to be named (don't know the gender yet!) and I've been watching it grow from it's infancy to where it is now, and it has a lot longer to go.
    [​IMG]
    Sythe Paper Trading Competition! [​IMG]

With an all new event, we tested your skills in stock trading.
    Thank you to everyone who participated and made this unique event a major success!

In 1st place winning ($40 & a prizebox) we have Spyhunter!

Our runner up winning (a prizebox) we have TheMrMan!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

A special thank you to Shall Skill for the generous $40 sponsor!

**All active participants were rewarded with the Stock Markert Minirank!
    As well as a point towards the Summer Minirank!

Thanks again to all the participants of this stock emulating event!
    Sythe Olympic Competition! [​IMG] [​IMG]

With a new event celebrating the Olympics during its once every four years journey,
    we tested your Olympic guessing, long jump dicing and running gaming skills.
    A BIG thank you too all participants of this event, making this an extra special once in a blue moon event a great hit!

1st place we have Guyfrank! Congratulations on winning $50!

2nd place we have Variously! Congratulations on winning $30!

3rd place we have Maximow! Congratulations on winning $20!
    **All winners also received a Flame Bearer 2016 Minirank!**[​IMG]

A special thank you to Bogla for the generous $100 sponsor for this event!

Here are the Olympic event results!

Google Form 1:
    [​IMG]
    Google Form 2:
    [​IMG]
    Google Form 3:
    [​IMG]
    Dicing Thread event 2 Rolls:
    [​IMG]
    QWOP event 3 scores:
    [​IMG]
    All Participants:
    [​IMG]
    Total Score/ Prize Winners:
    [​IMG]
    **All active participants were rewarded with the Rio 2016 Minirank as well as a point towards Summer minirank! [​IMG]
    Thanks again to everyone participating, hopefully we'll have another in four years!

PR Mudkip FunRank Giveaway & Create a Meme Event!

With an all new development team focusing on Public Relations; and introducing new members to Sythe.org,
    we have all new promotional fun events!

Gotta Catch 'Em All Mudkip Funrank Event; by participating via Sythe social media,
    you had the chance to win a rare Mudkip Funrank!

Congratulations to Factory New on winning this rare FunRank!
    [​IMG]

Create a Meme - Sythe Meme Thread #2; you can post your memes here!
    And win a chance at receiving new exclusive miniranks,
    as well as a chance at having your memes posted on Sythe social media!
    Thank you everyone for participating in these events, we can't wait to see your memes!

You can join in with all the fun here! Make sure you like, follow, subscribe.
    Keep up to date with all events, videos and goodies ongoing in Sythe.org!

Unofficial Sythe Discord | SytheMarket Reddit | YouTube | Twitter | FaceBook

Technical Core Gaming Servers, NEW features & Events!

Technical Core are working hard on releasing content, features, and new projects for our community,
    there is lots to get happy about!

The forum is edging into a gaming era of development; there has been a MineCraft Creative and a Pixelmon server,
    with amazing events! As well as a CS:GO server set up and ready to play here!
    Also discussions, polls and results for a SytheRSPS.
    Expect many more game servers and events from TC in the near future!

Gotta Catch 'Em All Pixelmon event! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Participants had to catch rare Pokemon on the Pixelmon Server in order to win rare MiniRanks!

Congratulations on winning some special rare MiniRanks! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Jackthehackm8, Buyacc, Gracious, KillSwitch, iFreshMez, and Superfluous!

Jackthehackm8 won the Pokepedia, Pokeball, Lugia, Pikachu and Ho-Oh miniranks.

Buyacc won the Pokepedia, Mew, Ho-Oh, Pikachu, Pokeball, Lugia, Charizard, Blastoise and Venusaur miniranks.

Gracious won the Pokepedia minirank.

KillSwitch won the Lugia, Pokepedia, Pokeball and Ho-Oh miniranks.

iFreshMez won the Pokepedia and Pokeball miniranks.

Superfluous won the Pokepedia and Pokeball miniranks
    Thank you for participating in this event, hard work truly pays off!
    We hope you had a blast!
    Creative MineCraft Event! [​IMG]

This summer the TC also hosted a Creative Minecraft Event!
    You had to make something creative in order to be in chance of winning.
    After community voting we had a tie!

Congratulations to Buyacc on joint 1st Place winning $50 & a Diamond MiniRank!
    Check out this rendition of the Sythe Logo!

[​IMG]
    Congratulations to KillSwitch on joint 1st Place winning $50 & a Diamond Minirank!
    This amazing clip showcases a remake of Edgeville from RuneScape!

Check out a few other entrants with their amazing building skills!

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for participating everyone, look forward to some new MineCraft servers in the future and all new events!

You can learn how to play the Pokemon or Creative Minecraft Servers here!
    CS:GO 1v1 Server!

Recently the TC released a CS:GO 1v1 Arena! Learn how to play or suggest new ideas here!
    In the future you can look forward to possible events, and tournaments.
    TC & CDT would love your input to make this a possibility.
    You could be in chance of winning and being crowned the best at CS:GO 1v1! Do you think you have what it takes?
    Get practicing, events with sweet rewards will be coming your way soon!

[​IMG]
    SytheRSPS!

Are you as eager as we are for the RSPS? TC is working diligently with updating and creating this game server.
    Currently the RSPS is under development and bug fixing; in future the TC will utilise the RSPS Survey Results found here,
    to create a community inspired server!
    We can look forward to a 317 client, with loads of special features all community initiated!
    SytheLib!

SytheLib is software that will let you bot in any game! It's called "lib",
    because it doubles as a function library so programmers can use its functions in their own programs.

There's lots to understand about SytheLib, keep reading!

SytheLib is a set of functions that are useful for automation of tasks in games and general use on the PC.
    We are developing the functions themselves as well as a script editor to develop script that will run on the platform, like a bot.
    Programmers will also be able to develop their own standalone bots by referencing SytheLib's functions.

The goal is to appeal to both programmers and scripters alike.
    While SytheLib will be capable of developing fully autonomous bots for almost any game, it will shine most as an assistant.
    For example, it could help you keep track of your raid's health if you're healer and help you heal quickly and effectively.
    Additionally, depending on the developer's skill, a complete healing bot could also be made.
    We really want SytheLib to operate with the absolute maximum amount of flexibility possible.
    Features & the Future!

Technical Core is developing a gaming portal for Sythe.org that will display featured Twitch streamers with their chat!
    A Discord widget, Techincal Core game server statuses, competitions, leader-boards, and a news feed.
    You can also use the 'Sythe Token' which can be found by clicking your name.
    This can be used to authenticate yourself on third-party websites, be weary when using this!
    Look forward to a lot more features, events (including collaborations with the CDT), servers, bots and games!

We hope you enjoyed this Summer Quarterly 2016;
    you can post your feedback here:
    Community Development Team Suggestions & Feedback!
    Tell the CDT What To Do!

A Special Thank You to Matt, Video, Time To Buy, SuF, Richard, PR & TC for making this Summer Quarterly possible.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  3. Unread #2 - Sep 20, 2016 at 3:50 PM
  4. Astro
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Former OMM Gracious (3) Detective In Memory of Jon Official LoL Rank Verifier Verified Diamond STEVE (3) Poképedia
    Steam Account Verifier Sythe RSPS Player DIAF Twitter Paper Trading Competition Participant Facebook Promoter Two Factor Authentication User SytheSteamer

Astro Legend
    Retired Administrator Cool Cat Gracious Donor

Well done Development Teams. Congratulations to all the winners!

5. Unread #3 - Sep 20, 2016 at 3:51 PM
  6. Tyler
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Tyler#2286
    Two Factor Authentication User SytheSteamer Signature of the Month Participant Sythe's 10th Anniversary Toast Wallet User Verified Overwatch Diamond St. Patrick's Day 2018 Christmas 2019 Christmas 2016 (2) Former OMM
    Summer 2019 In Memory of Jon Member of the Month Winner Easter 2016 Pokémon Trainer Poképedia

Tyler Infraction king.
    Tyler Donor Prince Yobabo Retired Sectional Moderator

Nice thread

7. Unread #4 - Sep 20, 2016 at 3:54 PM
  8. Felix
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Felix RIP to Lame, Jon, and n4n0. You will be missed <3
    Banned

nice one dude

9. Unread #5 - Sep 20, 2016 at 3:56 PM
  10. Scotty
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Gracious Le Kingdoms Player Sythe's 10th Anniversary Signature of the Month Winner In Memory of Jon

Scotty Guru
    Scotty Donor

Well done everyone, appreciate the effort you put into these.

11. Unread #6 - Sep 20, 2016 at 3:57 PM
  12. Mootrucks
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    mootrucks mobile#8797
    In Memory of Jon Homosex (4) Embar League of Legends Tournament Winner <3 n4n0 (5) Extreme Homosex (7)
    Poképedia St. Patrick's Day 2013 St. Patrick's Day 2014 St. Patrick's Day 2017 St. Patrick's Day 2018 Gohan has AIDS (7) I saw Matthew Former OMM

Mootrucks Hero
    Mootrucks Donor Retired Sectional Moderator Legendary

This thread is a masterpiece.

13. Unread #7 - Sep 20, 2016 at 3:59 PM
  14. Wortel
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Carrot Sythe's 15th Anniversary (2)
    Detective Two Factor Authentication User OG Club SytheSteamer WoW Classic Member of the Month Winner Photography Competition Winner I saw Matthew In Memory of Jon
    May the 4th Be With You Member of the Quarter Winner

Wortel Strive not to be a success, rather be of value.
    Wortel Donor Ghost Face Retired Global Moderator

15. Unread #8 - Sep 20, 2016 at 4:16 PM
  16. iFreshMez
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Dolan Trump ??? Creeper Poképedia Facebook Promoter Twitter Community Participant Spam Forum Participant St. Patrick's Day 2017 I'm LAAAAAAAME
    Doge

iFreshMez Apprentice
    $25 USD Donor New

Great job with the thread, enjoyed reading it.

^ Rael likes this.
  17. Unread #9 - Sep 20, 2016 at 4:23 PM
  18. PlanBUK
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Pizza Muncher Christmas 2016 (2)

PlanBUK ADT Director
    PlanBUK Donor

@Rael ay you almost made back the scam

Good job putting this together

^ Rael and Sonia like this.
  19. Unread #10 - Sep 20, 2016 at 4:38 PM
  20. Aklan
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Two Factor Authentication User Summer 2016

Aklan Yeah, I'm good.
    $100 USD Donor New

Ayy love it

21. Unread #11 - Sep 20, 2016 at 4:44 PM
  22. jackthehackm8
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    jackthehackm8
    Creeper Diamond Diamond Pickaxe Runescape Participant Spam Forum Participant Community Participant Donor Lounge Participant Writing Competition Winner Rio 2016
    March Madness (2) Poképedia Paper Trading Competition Participant SytheSteamer Sythe's 15th Anniversary (2) Dragon Claws May the 4th Be With You Pokémon Trainer (2) Easter 2021 Christmas 2023

jackthehackm8 Grand Master
    $5 USD Donor New

hey i was on there sweet

Also seeing me lose the olympics by 1 point is tilt worthy

also when are the ho oh, and lugia miniranks coming in

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  23. Unread #12 - Sep 20, 2016 at 4:45 PM
  24. Darkest Dream
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Sythe RSPS Player Two Factor Authentication User In Memory of Jon Christmas 2015 Doge Halloween 2013 Sythe's 10th Anniversary Off Topic Participant Gohan has AIDS
    Heidy Lawrence

Darkest Dream I prefer to have my nightmares with open eyes.
    Darkest Dream Donor

Great job with this CDT!

^ Tony likes this.
  25. Unread #13 - Sep 20, 2016 at 5:40 PM
  26. Hahanerd
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Hahanerd
    Former OMM Pool Shark (2) Detective Two Factor Authentication User Nitro Booster In Memory of Jon Rio 2016 Community Participant

Hahanerd sportsisland.org - RSGP & Crypto Betting
    Market Moderators Our Community Moderators Support Center Moderators Off Topic Moderators

Don't understand the Olympic results. Great read though.

27. Unread #14 - Sep 20, 2016 at 5:45 PM
  28. jackthehackm8
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    jackthehackm8
    Creeper Diamond Diamond Pickaxe Runescape Participant Spam Forum Participant Community Participant Donor Lounge Participant Writing Competition Winner Rio 2016
    March Madness (2) Poképedia Paper Trading Competition Participant SytheSteamer Sythe's 15th Anniversary (2) Dragon Claws May the 4th Be With You Pokémon Trainer (2) Easter 2021 Christmas 2023

jackthehackm8 Grand Master
    $5 USD Donor New

you pretty much could win just by guessing correctly on the first event, thats where like 90% of the points came from.

29. Unread #15 - Sep 20, 2016 at 5:58 PM
  30. Pure
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Pure Legend

A really well put together thread, good job guys!

31. Unread #16 - Sep 20, 2016 at 6:52 PM
  32. Dave
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Sythe Awards 2013 Winner Former OMM Detective STEVE In Memory of Jon Poker Chip Pokémon Trainer (2)
    Some like it hot

Dave Legend
    Legendary Steve Retired Administrator

Awesome

33. Unread #17 - Sep 20, 2016 at 7:35 PM
  34. John
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Username:
    john
    I'm LAAAAAAAME Potamus In Memory of Jon Community Development Team Member Sythe Awards 2013 Winner OG Club

John .
    Cool Cat

All the effort put into this really shows. Great work CDT!

35. Unread #18 - Sep 20, 2016 at 8:34 PM
  36. Matt
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    SOTMx5 In Memory of Jon

Matt Don't be afraid to fail... Be afraid not to try.
    Retired Sectional Moderator Ninja Graphics Artist Competition Winner THERSG0D Donor

Thread is impressive. Awesome work, CDT/TC/PR

A special thanks to Sonia. She really worked hard on all of this, and showed a lot of leadership.

^ Sonia, Astro, Scotty and 1 other person like this.
  37. Unread #19 - Sep 20, 2016 at 8:58 PM
  38. Meteor
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    born 2late 2 explore the earth b0rn 2soon 2 explore the galaxy born just in time 2 browse sith d0t org Toast Wallet User Lanturn

Meteor Grand Master
    Retired Global Moderator

Great read, thanks for putting this together :)

39. Unread #20 - Sep 20, 2016 at 10:07 PM
  40. Tony
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Tony#9688
    M
    SytheSteamer Live Streamer Rio 2016 Community Participant Twitter Facebook Promoter Rust Player Photography Competition Winner

Tony Formerly known as Island
    Retired Sectional Moderator $200 USD Donor New

Great quarter! Awesome job to all the staff that worked on making this balling quarterly a success!

< What was your first ever post on Sythe? | Check this out ! >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest

Adblock breaks this site