NFL Head Coach '09 Draft Tips! :D

Discussion in 'Archives' started by That One Guitar, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Unread #1 - Jan 10, 2009 at 2:25 AM
  2. That One Guitar
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

That One Guitar Active Member
    Banned

NFL Head Coach '09 Tips :D

If you're looking for a guide on the Head Coach '09, look no further!

Table of Contents:
    1) Overview/
    1a) Team Selection
    2) The Free Agency (FA)
    3) Individual Workout/Pro Day
    4) The Draft
    4a) Sleepers
    4b) Overrated
    5) Rookie Signing
    6) Depth Chart
    7) Recap

Ch. 1 - Overview/Team Selection

You can't find this guide anywhere else on the web. Today we will cover the basics of Head Coach (which I will refer as hc from now on) and some sleepers and players for the FA and the Draft.

1a) Team Selection

The team is the main thing that can let you recieve great draft picks from the trading block and the salary cap for the FA. For draft picks, I suggest getting the Giants or the Patriots (Heh. Kind of ironic, right?). For the Giants, if you put everyone on the block except Eli Manning, you can get some top quality draft picks. For the Pats, you do the same thing except Tom Brady. For salary cap, go for the Titans. The Titans usually go for the cheapest they can get, therefore you have about $40m to spend. Try to avoid low rated coaches as for they can get easily fired for getting sleepers.

2) The Free Agency

The Free Agency is like a gift from God to recieve great players that hate coaches that talk crap about them *cough* T.O. *cough*. Try to go for the following: Randy Moss, Lance Briggs (I'm pretty sure), Randall Gay, and Ty Law. If your in need of a WR that's actually cheap, go for Donte Stallworth.

3) Individual Workout/Pro Day

Individual workouts are what tell you who can do what. The coach gets to be 1 on 1 with someone.
    Always try to get people you don't know about or you think you need more on. I personally suggest Darren McFadden, Felix Jones, Chris Long, Vernon Gholston, and Richard Mendanhall.

4) The Draft

As it says before you start, "The Team's Future Is In Your Hands." Never waste your high draft picks and trade your low ones (except 6th and unless you want to 7th). Always trade up within the top 10. As I said before, put everyone on the trading block except your star players. The Dolphins never trade it away, so just Pick the Pick and move on to the Rams. Sometimes they will and just keep on until you got one. Trade it high and try to get McFadden first. He can play any position with at least 75 (besides a few). McFadden can be a great QB as well as HB so I'd put him at backup. A few more 1st round picks you should try to get would be Vernon Gholston, Chris Long, Felix Jones, Glenn Dorsey, Jerod Mayo, Matt Ryan (Only if you have NOOO QB), and if you need a great backup, Joe Flacco.

Second Round - Phillip Merling, Jason Jones, Chris Johnson, Devin Thomas, Jonathan Stewart, and Curtis Lofton.

Third Round - Ray Rice, Early Doucet

Day 2
    Fourth Round - Peyton Hillis, Jacob Hester

Fifth Round - Marcus Monk (BIIIG SLEEPER), John David Booty,

Sixth Round - Colt Brennan, Mike Hart

Seventh Round - Andre Woodson (OMG BIIGGGGGER SLEEPER!), Matt Flynn

4a) Sleepers

Felix Jones, Joe Flacco, Ray Rice, Peyton Hillis, Marcus Monk, Andre Woodson.

In my opinion, if you have a 10-20 1st round pick, get Felix. Great back with dominating speed. Can be transformed to a WR and great at special teams.

Joe Flacco is a good QB that has good accuracy and has an arm on him. If you have a spare 1st round pick, get him.

Peyton Hillis is a big sleeper. He has excellent drive and athleticism. His overall isn't very good but he can light someone up easily. Good for special teams as a returner.

Marcus Monk is a Very underrated reciever. Throw anything at him. I dare you. He can catch anything. His overall is 55 but play him. Great speed, great hands. The only reason he is so low is because of his QB in college.

Andre Woodson is the MOST UNDERRATED PLAYER IN THE DRAFT. I don't care what you say. His overall is 58. That's at QB though. When you move him around, this is what you get. FB - 84, WR - 72, FS - 84, SS - 87. If you need a really good and CHEAP defence secondary upgrade, DEFIANTLY get him.

4b) Overrated

Matt Ryan and Jake Long

Matt Ryan just doesn't put out the numbers a well rounded vertran QB would. Consider him as a backup QB.

Jake Long had bad pass blocking. Good for heavy run teams, but look what happens to the heavy run teams...

5) Rookie Signings

Always try to get the cheapest total, except for 1st rounds, just give them what they want.

6) Depth Chart

With the Giants, Here Is My Depth Chart. (R) = Rookie (FA) = Free Agent

QB - Eli Manning, Darren McFadden (R), Andre Woodson (R)
    HB - Darren McFadden(R), Felix Jones(R), Peyton Hillis(R)
    FB - Peyton Hillis(R), Andre Woodson(R)
    TE - Kevin Boss, Keith Zinger (R)
    LT - David Diehl, Guy Whimper (Lol)
    LG - Russ Hochstein, Kevin Boothe
    C - Shaun O'Hara, Grey Ruegamer
    RG - (1st Spot Looking For FA), Kevin Boothe
    RT - Kareem McKenzie, David Diehl
    LE - Justin Tuck, Chris Long (R)
    RE - Chris Long(R), Justin Tuck
    DT - William Joseph, Barry Cofield
    LOLB - Zak Deossie
    MLB - Antonio Pierce
    ROLB - Vernon Gholston(R)
    CB - Ty Law (FA), Sam Madison
    FS - Clinton Hart, Andre Woodson(R)
    SS - Andre Woodson(R), Clinton Hart
    K - Jason Elam (FA)
    P - Jason Elam (FA)
    KR - Felix Jones(R), Peyton Hillis(R)
    PR - Felix Jones(R), Peyton Hillis(R)
    KOS - Jason Elam (FA)
    LS - David Diehl
    3DRB - Darren McFadden(R), Felix Jones(R)

Just a glance at what to look for.

7) Recap

The preseason for this game is well thought out. Remember, McFadden is your best early bet in the draft. I'd say this is great game and should continue to be played.

This guide is written by That One Guitar/ojhsmcilroy08/Taylor McIlroy and anyone who takes this guide without including I wrote it will face legal charges.

< http://www.rs2geeks.com/ | Paypal -.- >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest

Adblock breaks this site