Adblock breaks this site

Do I have a right to be mad?

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Sanctuary, Jul 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sanctuary

    Sanctuary Community Cuddle Puddle

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2007
    Posts:
    4,990
    Referrals:
    1
    Sythe Gold:
    13
    Do I have a right to be mad?

    Well, later today one of my good friends is leaving for Germany. Why, you say? Because his dad is the owner of a multi-million dollar company (I won't disclose the name), and he's doing a month long internship at their other location in Germany. Now, here's the catch: He was allowed to bring one person along!

    To give you a little filler, I'm extremely interested in business. I took all the business/economic classes at my school, and it's what I plan to major in. My friend's well aware of this. Now, again, you may be asking, "Why is he doing an internship there?" Well, his told him once he finishes college (He's going to be a freshman this fall), that he can run the company in Germany (Easily a 6 digit paycheck coming straight out of college).

    So basically my friend knows I'm the business type of guy, and I would absolutely love to be going to Germany... but I'm not. Instead, he invited one of our other friends, who has absofuckinlutely no interest in business whatsoever. He's a musician.

    Now, I know it's not really my place to tell him who he can and cannot invite, but really... Like, he knows it would've meant the world to me, why wouldn't he have invited me? I suppose I'm somewhat venting right now...

    Anyways, do I have the right to be pissed with him or not?
     
  2. Uborzz

    Uborzz Active Member

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2011
    Posts:
    231
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Do I have a right to be mad?

    Depend's have you asked him why he didn't take you?
     
  3. Sanctuary

    Sanctuary Community Cuddle Puddle

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2007
    Posts:
    4,990
    Referrals:
    1
    Sythe Gold:
    13
    Do I have a right to be mad?

    Not really, I feel like that'd make things awkward.
     
  4. Gurtaton

    Gurtaton Grand Master

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2010
    Posts:
    2,912
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Do I have a right to be mad?

    Understandable. But is your friend the business type as well? Maybe he just wanted to 'do it all by himself' and thus invited someone who couldn't help him even if he wanted to.

    Another question that comes to mind; does he trust you?

    You have a right to be pissed, but that does not mean you should let it swallow you over. Try and get your mind off it by doing something distracting. Once you've done that, get some sleep. You got work ahead.
     
  5. aus aaz

    aus aaz Grand Master
    $50 USD Donor New

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2010
    Posts:
    2,160
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    11
    Discord Username:
    ref #8161
    Do I have a right to be mad?

    I have heaps of friends, and if i was in his position i would take the friend that i could chill with for a month straight and not get the shits, no offense but i dont think he see's you in that category.
     
  6. Sanctuary

    Sanctuary Community Cuddle Puddle

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2007
    Posts:
    4,990
    Referrals:
    1
    Sythe Gold:
    13
    Do I have a right to be mad?

    He's not really the business type of guy... he's kind of the party guy... and I assume he trusts me, I haven't given him any reason not to.

    But yeah... fml. Less than 4 hours of sleep then off to work for 7 hours.
     
  7. malakadang

    malakadang Hero
    malakadang Donor Retired Global Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2011
    Posts:
    5,679
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    900
    Discord Unique ID:
    220842789083152384
    Discord Username:
    malakadang#3473
    Two Factor Authentication User Easter 2013 Doge Community Participant
    Do I have a right to be mad?

    You have a right to do anything, however I wouldn't really be that pissed in that situation.


    Personally, I'm not sure why people get offended, or caught up in a dilemma in these situations. You shouldn't live life thinking I'm better than him, or, I'd do a better job than him, or, why is he my boss, I'm better than that. You should aim to do your best and let the pieces fall themselves.

    Does it seem unfair that he's bringing your other friend instead of you, given that your as you say, more qualified. Sure it may, however, have you even considered that maybe he chose the other friend for different reasons?


    Don't dwell on it, just do your best and stop worrying too much on other peoples actions or non-actions.
     
  8. Sanctuary

    Sanctuary Community Cuddle Puddle

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2007
    Posts:
    4,990
    Referrals:
    1
    Sythe Gold:
    13
    Do I have a right to be mad?

    I know... I guess I'm being a tad selfish right now. I can't really help it. I could only dream of getting an opportunity like that, and the guy he's bringing won't even appreciate it. Arg.
     
  9. Kabal

    Kabal Ex-Official Middleman ~ [email protected]
    $100 USD Donor New

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2007
    Posts:
    3,834
    Referrals:
    9
    Sythe Gold:
    4
    Discord Unique ID:
    217593317980897281
    Discord Username:
    Kabal #2377
    Potamus
    Do I have a right to be mad?

    Maybe he thinks he will have more fun with the party type friend
     
  10. Kapa

    Kapa Active Member
    $5 USD Donor New

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2011
    Posts:
    235
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Do I have a right to be mad?

    I agree with kabal. Maybe the only reason he invited the musician was because he just wanted to relax. Plus It's not like he's worried of losing his job.

    I would be a tad pissed, I'm not sure If I would confront him. Sorry.
     
  11. Sanctuary

    Sanctuary Community Cuddle Puddle

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2007
    Posts:
    4,990
    Referrals:
    1
    Sythe Gold:
    13
    Do I have a right to be mad?

    I suppose I should probably just let it go... It's still frustrating though.
     
  12. blindkilla

    blindkilla Guru
    $25 USD Donor New

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2005
    Posts:
    1,896
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    6
    Discord Unique ID:
    282000633404456960
    Discord Username:
    sogord
    Do I have a right to be mad?

    Yes, he doesn't sound like a good friend.
     
  13. zapped

    zapped Member
    Banned

    Joined:
    May 20, 2011
    Posts:
    53
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Do I have a right to be mad?

    No, you don't if he never told you about it you would of never known? Also, if it was me I rather bring a friend who's closer to me and doesn't give a fuck then a friend who gives a fuck about it, IMO your being selfish. it's like being mad you didn't with the lottery you put a dollar in get nothing out you put nothing in get nothing out.

    Give more get more, give nothing get nothing. Maybe one time you did something like this to him, You can be mad but not with good reason.
     
  14. the_dealer

    the_dealer Guru

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2007
    Posts:
    1,510
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    5
    Do I have a right to be mad?

    It's one of those times when you just have to swallow it down, and concentrate on something else.

    Obviously, it would be distressing, to know that you'd love to do something like that, but if he's the party-type, then he's probably not going to do any of that kind of stuff, and would assume you'd be a "spoil sport" to his fun.

    Are you his best friend, or just a friend in a group of friends?
     
  15. Sanctuary

    Sanctuary Community Cuddle Puddle

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2007
    Posts:
    4,990
    Referrals:
    1
    Sythe Gold:
    13
    Do I have a right to be mad?

    I wouldn't say I'm his best friend, no. I'm about equal on the friends list with the guy he took. He didn't take his best friend either... not sure why.

    Um... your metaphor sucks.
     
  16. Narcotlcs

    Narcotlcs Member

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2010
    Posts:
    79
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    6
    Do I have a right to be mad?

    Try not to worry about it too much, there will be other opportunities in the near future anyways. Not to mention business with friends doesn't work out as expected. Maybe faith had something to do with this, and how it's better that you weren't the one to be picked.
     
  17. Rawrasaurus

    Rawrasaurus Guru
    Do Not Trade

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2010
    Posts:
    1,900
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Do I have a right to be mad?

    I would say that you're right to be annoyed, and it's definitely worth talking to him about it. Just tell him how interested you are and how badly you want that opportunity, maybe he will come round.
     
  18. rs2sell

    rs2sell Apprentice
    $100 USD Donor

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2010
    Posts:
    644
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Tier 1 Prizebox
    Do I have a right to be mad?

    You considered him as your best friend, but he didnt think so . maybe he pefer stay with that fucking musican!
     
  19. Sanctuary

    Sanctuary Community Cuddle Puddle

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2007
    Posts:
    4,990
    Referrals:
    1
    Sythe Gold:
    13
    Do I have a right to be mad?

    He's not my best friend, just a good one.
     
  20. xxlr0ngelxx

    xxlr0ngelxx Active Member
    Banned

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2008
    Posts:
    177
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Do I have a right to be mad?

    i would be pretty pissed if i were you specially if you are interested in going , you should of just asked bro
     
< Lending out masks + santa | Neopets account for Runescpe gold >
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.


 
 
Adblock breaks this site