[Resolved]

Discussion in 'Report A Scammer Archive' started by Sound, Feb 23, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
[Resolved]
  1. Unread #1 - Feb 23, 2022 at 2:37 PM
  2. Sound
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    sound9999
    Two Factor Authentication User Poker Chip Lawrence Extreme Homosex Gohan has AIDS <3 n4n0 (3) Potamus

Sound Safe & Sound ~ Discord: sound9999
    Sound Donor

[Resolved]

Scammer's profile link: @Corby
    Amount scammed: $250 USD
    Discord ID + Unique Discord ID: Corby#1570 + 393939659987615746
    Proof that it's their Discord: Screen capture - f5e96cb19b072021071140a1afb2897d - Gyazo
    Explanation of the trade: I purchased a premade ironman from @Corby on 01/07. On 02/14 the account was locked and I was unable to get it back with the information he provided me. He then asked his workers to unlock the account but they couldn't.
    He claims I agreed to some "30 day return policy" but at no point did we agree to any terms of service, and this is 5 weeks after the account sale and he's already unable to recover the account.
    As the OO/seller it's his responsibility to be able to unlock/recover the account for me. It's also his responsibility to notify me of any "30 day return policy" prior to me buying the account.
    How they scammed: Cannot unlock my account
    Other relevant trade screenshots:
    I will post a full unedited discord conversation log in the next post and delete it, as I don't want to be blamed for posting anything I shouldn't.

^ Worthy Services likes this.
  3. Unread #2 - Feb 23, 2022 at 2:45 PM
  4. Corby
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    _corby_
    Two Factor Authentication User Lawrence Wubba Lubba Dub Dub Hey... this isnt a fun rank Valentine's Day 2023 Summer 2022 Heidy (5) Wait, do you not have an Archer rank? Not sure if srs or just newfag... Gohan has AIDS (6)
    Homosex <3 n4n0 (2) Extreme Homosex (2) Potamus (2)

Corby Hardcore/Ironmen, Pures, Zerkers, Gold buy/sell

[Resolved]

The customer bought this account on 1/7/2022, on 2/14/2022 he messaged me saying the account was locked and he was unable to unlock it. This is outside of my 30 day policy stated on my selling threads, but there is more reason as to why I am choosing not to refund this customer

The customer was caught botting on their account, they reported the account as hacked to Jagex and jagex in return unbanned the account but locked it. They also removed the accounts registered e-mail. I am certain of this fact because I have had several other customers tell me this exact thing happened to them, and what they did to cause it. imgur.com Here is another customer who didnt fully admit to it, but it is obvious based on his responses thats what happened imgur.com

In fact, while arguing with the customer over discord, on 2 occasions they refused to deny that they botted, and instead worded their statements very interestingly. imgur.com

According to my customer, I should be able to unlock the account and because I cant they reserve a refund. Sadly, my history of unlocking accounts when they get banned, then unbanned but locked, has been all but pointless. On only 2 occasions out of dozens I have been able to unlock accounts for customers in scenarios such as this.

The customer broke in-game rules resulting in a permanent ban, they claimed they were hacked, and now the account is unbanned but also un-lockable. Between this and the account being past my 30 day warranty policy I do not want to honor the refund to this customer.

^ Bils likes this.
  5. Unread #3 - Feb 23, 2022 at 2:49 PM
  6. Corby
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    _corby_
    Two Factor Authentication User Lawrence Wubba Lubba Dub Dub Hey... this isnt a fun rank Valentine's Day 2023 Summer 2022 Heidy (5) Wait, do you not have an Archer rank? Not sure if srs or just newfag... Gohan has AIDS (6)

[Resolved]

I would like to further elaborate on a statement I made

"They also removed the accounts registered e-mail."

If the customer had followed my instructions on delivery, they should have set an email within minutes of owning the account. That was 1 month ago. There is no reason for Jagex to assume the e-mail set over a month ago belongs to the hacker. If Jagex really did think the account was compromised they would just lock it and let the registered e-mail be used to recover it. The only reason Jagex would remove a 1 month old registered email is because they think the account is hacked. Previous customers have shown me that due to the recent IP swap from my worker to the customer, Jagex will believe statements that the account was hacked, but they will go as far as to remove the e-mail that was set because the "Hacker" has been on the account for over a month now.

^ Bils likes this.
  7. Unread #4 - Feb 23, 2022 at 2:51 PM
  8. Sound
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    sound9999
    Two Factor Authentication User Poker Chip Lawrence Extreme Homosex Gohan has AIDS <3 n4n0 (3) Potamus

Sound Donor

[Resolved]

I chose to word things "interestingly" because at the end of the day, it doesn't matter the situation.
    It's my account that I purchased 5 weeks ago, you are the original owner/seller, and it's your responsibility to unlock it for me.
    As we didn't agree to any terms of service, your 30 day policy doesn't apply. You're liable for the account and it's integrity.

Unlock my account, or refund me.

9. Unread #5 - Feb 23, 2022 at 2:58 PM
  10. Corby
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    _corby_

[Resolved]

There is no reason for Jagex to randomly think after 1 month of ownership your account was compromised. I have had too many other custoemers admit to botting that I know what you did. I am not going to provide insurance so people can suicide bot and get a refund. These accounts cost me money to buy off my workers they arent here so you can try and fail to bot extra levels instead of paying me for services to advance them further safely. imgur.com I advertise my other services and their prices, you chose to bot and I am not going to pay for your mistakes.

I would also like to point out, that my worker has submitted several unlock appeals since 2/14. He has submitted them from the same IP address used to create the account, he is using the level-up voucher reference #, he is entering EVERYTHING as he is supposed to but as usual the account will not unlock. I have had other unlock attempts work perfectly fine but whenever accounts get unbanned but locked I cannot get them to unlock it.

^ Bils and owned like this.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2022
  11. Unread #6 - Feb 23, 2022 at 3:07 PM
  12. Sound
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    sound9999

Sound Donor

[Resolved]

You're making a lot of assumptions here. As I told you in our discord conversation, I had other people working on the account.
    Regardless, that's not the point. The account is not banned, the account is locked.
    You're the seller, you're responsible to unlock it.
    It's not like it's been 6 months since I bought it, it was 5 weeks ago. You should be able to unlock the account.

13. Unread #7 - Feb 23, 2022 at 3:10 PM
  14. Corby
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    _corby_

[Resolved]

> The account is not banned, the account is locked.

My worker has tried several times to unlock it and that is not the case, also as I have stated several times jagex unbans the account and THEN unlocks it.

>I had other people working on the account.
    If what you are telling me is true then your e-mail should not have been removed. You set your e-mail the same day you purchased the account. If a new worker logged into your account 1 month later why would Jagex assume the e-mail set from a different IP address would need to be removed? You botted, stop lying

> 5 weeks ago

This is less about the 30 days and more about the botting. If I genuinely thought something me or my workers did caused this I would refund or replace you in full. I only use my 30 day warranty as an extra measure to stop frivolous issues such as yours.

Also, again, its not like im intentionally not trying imgur.com

It just wont unlock.

^ Bils likes this.
  15. Unread #8 - Feb 23, 2022 at 3:23 PM
  16. Zora
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    _zora
    Shuppet Verified Ironman Tons of Damage Easter 2022 March Madness Member of the Month Winner Pidgeotto
    Nitro Booster (4) Homosex Easter 2023 (2) The Glizz Poképedia Pokémon Trainer Two Factor Authentication User

Zora Join the Official Zora Discord server!
    Global Moderator Nick Legendary Zora Donor

[Resolved]

@Corby I have read the entire chat logs and at no point did I see you present your Terms of Service. Your 30 day warranty does not hold if you don't let your customers know prior to their purchase.

You'll have to unlock the account for Sound. You'll be given some time to attempt further unlocks, but if you can't you'll have to fully refund him.

^ owned likes this.
  17. Unread #9 - Feb 23, 2022 at 3:24 PM
  18. Corby
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    _corby_

[Resolved]

imgur.com

My warranty is stated in the top of my Important Info tab on all of my sales threads. I was under the impression this was acceptable?

imgur.com

The 3rd item in my list is my warranty

The last item in my list states "Please copy-paste the account you want from this post into your initial message to me. Be sure to include the unique number."

imgur.com

As you can see, the first thing Sound did was copy-paste the ID tag of the account he wanted. It should be safe to assume he also read the 3rd item in the same list that clearly states my warranty policies.

^ Bils likes this.
  19. Unread #10 - Feb 23, 2022 at 3:29 PM
  20. Zora
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    _zora
    Shuppet Verified Ironman Tons of Damage Easter 2022 March Madness Member of the Month Winner Pidgeotto
    Nitro Booster (4) Homosex Easter 2023 (2) The Glizz Poképedia Pokémon Trainer Two Factor Authentication User

[Resolved]

Unfortunately that is insufficient.
    There are certain rules and guidelines for Terms of Service, see below:

^ owned likes this.
  21. Unread #11 - Feb 23, 2022 at 3:38 PM
  22. Zora
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    _zora

[Resolved]

Unfortunately we can not afford to make such assumptions.

At the beginning of the report I checked your thread in question. I just scrolled a bit to check it out and I did not read your important info, contact, payment methods etc at the top. I too noticed each account listed has a unique tag, so it's not unreasonable to believe Sound noticed this as well and used it to describe to you what account he was after.

23. Unread #12 - Feb 23, 2022 at 4:01 PM
  24. Corby
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    _corby_

[Resolved]

Its not like my worker stole the account back, its not like we arent trying to fix the situation, Sound broke in-game rules and got the account stuck into this state that has countless other times failed at being fixed. Now because of a technicality I am out $250....

I shouldnt have the face the repercussions of his actions that caused this issue. He shouldnt be botting on a $250 account.

I am still trying to recover with my workers and using the given time. Just expresing my displeasure -.-

I intentionally make accounts difficult to recover. Sound's e-mail was the first ever registered on the account, there isnt a previous one to use for reference. The password he was provided was the first ever original password. My worker is logging in and submitting appeals from the same IP address he played on the account. I used a level-up voucher so I could have a reference # which I am also using. I saved the date and time when it was applied. All of this is being sent to Jagex and it STILL fails to unlock. I swear to god Jagex does this on purpose because outright leaving it banned wouldnt cause as much of a headache for the account seller. I do not have recovery disputes even after I have a falling out with my workers but the downside is I cant really fix scenarios like this.

^ Mestrado, xWizardx, Divx and 2 others like this.
  25. Unread #13 - Feb 27, 2022 at 2:51 PM
  26. Sound
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    sound9999

Sound Donor

[Resolved]

This has been refunded and can be closed.

27. Unread #14 - Feb 27, 2022 at 3:19 PM
  28. Zora
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    _zora

[Resolved]

It's unfortunate the account could not get unlocked, but I'm glad you have at least been refunded for your purchase @Sound.

@Corby As discussed in PM and on this thread, it's very important you have your customers agree to your Terms of Service.

Even if your original Terms of Service were agreed upon, Sound was not informed that the account was not created by yourself. Your thread even stated you are the original owner of the accounts. I get that these aren't resold account, but having your workers create the accounts makes them the original owner, not you. Unfortunately, you will receive a DNT for Lying about being the original owner of the account. To get this removed, you will have to Request a Pardon.

< @thekickster | resolved >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Adblock breaks this site