My friend needs help!

Discussion in 'Personal Support' started by Valkirk, Jun 30, 2019.

My friend needs help!
  1. Unread #1 - Jun 30, 2019 at 8:24 PM
  2. Valkirk
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Valkirk Member

My friend needs help!

I've received a question from a older friend of mine, and he wants to go to college to become a software developer. He's got 2 felonies on his record, and he's 35 years old. He's an awesome programmer, but he wants to get a degree in the field. Do you think its really worth the effort for him to do this? I don't necessarily think its a problem for him, BUT what do I know? He's worried about his age, and that people would give him a hard time. But I mentioned to him about online courses. Do you guys think he would have a chance at making a career with this? He's currently on parole for a drug charge, and has a Robbery charge on his record. He's really working to change his life, and is trying to find a career that gives him a chance to move forward. I told him I would post this on here to get some other opinions as well. Thank you guys

What do you guys think? Please only serious replies.

3. Unread #2 - Jun 30, 2019 at 8:48 PM
  4. Ryder
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    STEVE Easter 2015 <3 n4n0

Ryder Apprentice
    $200 USD Donor New

My friend needs help!

I think it would be 100% worth it, if he does get into college and graduates, it shows his future employer that he wants to change how he was. I think it could be beneficial to him in the long run, and yeah college might be hard but professors don't know the records of students, and I've had classes with some guys older than 45, and it goes over extremely well. I'm also a CS:Software Development major.

^ Valkirk likes this.
  5. Unread #3 - Jun 30, 2019 at 9:00 PM
  6. Admires
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Two Factor Authentication User

Admires Grand Master
    Retired Sectional Moderator

My friend needs help!

Definitely possible. Have him volunteer with a drug rehab center or a correctional facility to show he has changed and wants to help others change through service while he’s in school. He’ll be good to go after he graduates. :)

^ Valkirk likes this.
  7. Unread #4 - Jun 30, 2019 at 9:29 PM
  8. Valkirk
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Valkirk Member

My friend needs help!

Ok cool. Thank you guys.

9. Unread #5 - Jul 1, 2019 at 4:51 AM
  10. Dbuffed
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Two Factor Authentication User Heidy Easter 2023 (2) Christmas 2023 Secret Santa 2023 Hey... this isnt a fun rank Tier 1 Prizebox Poképedia <3 n4n0
    WoW Classic

Dbuffed Buffy Playground - The Real #1 OSRS Service!
    $200 USD Donor New Angelic

My friend needs help!

It's never too late to re-invent yourself.

If your friend is confident in his abilities, tell him he should allow himself to do what HE wants not what OTHERS want as this is where the conflict of interest comes into play.

You shouldn't worry about other people's opinions, different people like different things. Let's say you like family guy but I like American dad, am I allowed to slander you or belittle you or look at you a funny way because of that? Of course not, personal preference.

< Interview tomorrow | forgot email login/sythe login password >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest

Adblock breaks this site