Adblock breaks this site

Miniranks

Discussion in 'Denied Suggestions' started by Dobi, May 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sythe

    Sythe Join our discord

    test

    Administrator Village Drunk

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2005
    Posts:
    8,072
    Referrals:
    501
    Sythe Gold:
    5,456
    Discord Unique ID:
    742989175824842802
    Discord Username:
    Sythe
    Dolan Duck Dolan Trump Supporting Business ???
    Poképedia
    Clefairy Jigglypuff
    Who did this to my freakin' car!
    Hell yeah boooi
    Tier 3 Prizebox Toast Wallet User
    I'm LAAAAAAAME Rust Player Mewtwo Mew Live Free or Die Poké Prizebox (42) Dat Boi
    Miniranks

    Some people have been collecting miniranks for the sole purpose of making their post bit taller for advertising purposes.

    The xenforo postbit css needs recoding to allow for an expanding post bit to make this even posssible.

    However I'm increasingly of the opinion that postbit heights should be donation perks again. Essentially larger avatar + more minirank display space comes under the same perk of larger postbit...
     
  2. Pure

    Pure Legend

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2015
    Posts:
    12,212
    Referrals:
    105
    Sythe Gold:
    1,171
    Miniranks

    I definitely believe the max miniranks should be 1 row for everyone besides $300 or $500 donors, leaning more towards the $500 side because it has much less perks than any other rank.

    Could we simply make "larger postbit" a donor perk for $500+?
     
  3. Mootrucks

    Mootrucks Hero
    Mootrucks Donor Retired Sectional Moderator Legendary

    Joined:
    May 16, 2015
    Posts:
    6,958
    Referrals:
    38
    Sythe Gold:
    30
    Discord Unique ID:
    247992974141554708
    Discord Username:
    mootrucks mobile#8797
    In Memory of Jon Homosex (4) Embar League of Legends Tournament Winner <3 n4n0 (5) Extreme Homosex (7)
    Poképedia St. Patrick's Day 2013 St. Patrick's Day 2014 St. Patrick's Day 2017 St. Patrick's Day 2018 Gohan has AIDS (7) I saw Matthew Former OMM
    Miniranks

    $300 donor = one extra row
    $500 donor = another extra row
    $1000 donor = Unlimited?

    Let me know what u think plox
     
  4. Admires

    Admires Grand Master
    Retired Sectional Moderator

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2013
    Posts:
    3,301
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    827
    Two Factor Authentication User
    Miniranks

    How convenient...

    Thanks for the information. Didn't know that.
     
  5. Pure

    Pure Legend

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2015
    Posts:
    12,212
    Referrals:
    105
    Sythe Gold:
    1,171
    Miniranks

    $200 has UI
    $300 has custom donor ranks
    What does $500 have again? Thanks.
     
  6. Admires

    Admires Grand Master
    Retired Sectional Moderator

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2013
    Posts:
    3,301
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    827
    Two Factor Authentication User
    Miniranks

    People who have spent a good sum on miniranks shouldn't be shafted if it's possible to display all of them on the new software. How about we starting taking other basic utilities on the site and start giving them out as donation perks. Want to have a signature? 1000$ donor perk.

    edit: i agree 500$ donors should get perks, however, I'm against the idea of taking away utilities everyone had before and distributing them as donor perks.
     
    Last edited: May 26, 2016
  7. Wonderland

    Wonderland spokesman

    Joined:
    Oct 28, 2012
    Posts:
    10,442
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    1,154
    Miniranks

    Very nice addition. Could you add another option that makes it so only your own miniranks are condensed? I don't mind seeing miniranks, but it would be nice to have my own condensed without it affecting other users.

    You can have a 150x150 avatar and have a 3 row set of miniranks without the need to further expand the postbit manually.

    [​IMG]

    I don't think those who hoard miniranks to absurd amounts are doing so for advertising purposes. It's more of a want to complete the collection mentality similar to wanting to catch all pokemon or wanting to collect all baseball cards. Maybe pushing for a 4th line should be the limit if you're going to introduce that, but again there will always be a few people unsatisfied because they have miniranks that take up 5-7 lines, and with the introduction of more miniranks, the argument really never stops.

    That's excessive. Why should anyone have to donate $500 to want a bigger avatar? It should be a $25 req, it's really not that big of a deal and we shouldn't rip anyone off for such a trivial perk.
     
  8. Pure

    Pure Legend

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2015
    Posts:
    12,212
    Referrals:
    105
    Sythe Gold:
    1,171
    Miniranks

    I didn't mean a bigger avatar for $500+, I meant a bigger postbit (how your postbit looked like in vB3 when you had a shit-ton of miniranks (Harleigh for example.))
     
  9. Wonderland

    Wonderland spokesman

    Joined:
    Oct 28, 2012
    Posts:
    10,442
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    1,154
    Miniranks

    5char
     
  10. Pure

    Pure Legend

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2015
    Posts:
    12,212
    Referrals:
    105
    Sythe Gold:
    1,171
    Miniranks

    I wasn't referring to that at all, I just think avatar = $25, 1->3 minirank rows = $100, Big postbit = $500
     
  11. Wonderland

    Wonderland spokesman

    Joined:
    Oct 28, 2012
    Posts:
    10,442
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    1,154
    Miniranks

    I don't think you're getting it. He essentially said larger avatar/postbit would fall under the same perk, meaning if you're going to unlock a larger avatar, you're also unlocking a larger postbit.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  12. Admires

    Admires Grand Master
    Retired Sectional Moderator

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2013
    Posts:
    3,301
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    827
    Two Factor Authentication User
    Miniranks

    I literally donated for the bigger avatar. Are we retracting perks now?
     
  13. Pure

    Pure Legend

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2015
    Posts:
    12,212
    Referrals:
    105
    Sythe Gold:
    1,171
    Miniranks

    Exactly. I don't want to retract perks, I just bigger postbits (harleigh's old profile) for higher donors. I didn't want them tied together.
     
  14. Wonderland

    Wonderland spokesman

    Joined:
    Oct 28, 2012
    Posts:
    10,442
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    1,154
    Miniranks

    It was just an idea thrown out for brainstorming.

    I remember $5 donors being able to upload 150x100 avatars manually (not gifs), and requesting 150x100-150x-150x/large file size avatars. We could retract the 150x100+ option for $5 donors. You would still be able to upload a bigger avatar, just not ones that would increase the postbit.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  15. Pure

    Pure Legend

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2015
    Posts:
    12,212
    Referrals:
    105
    Sythe Gold:
    1,171
    Miniranks

    That's what I wanted lol.

    $5 donor = 150x150

    $500? donor = 150x150 AND bigger postbit
     
  16. Wonderland

    Wonderland spokesman

    Joined:
    Oct 28, 2012
    Posts:
    10,442
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    1,154
    Miniranks

    The perk is trivial. It shouldn't be that much, it should be a level above $5, which would be $25. I can't fathom anyone else pushing for that perk to be $500.
     
  17. Dobi

    Dobi Buying&Selling&Swap RSPS/RS07/RS3 - Max Main Rentals - www.PieGp.com - 24/7 Online !

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2015
    Posts:
    5,091
    Referrals:
    19
    Sythe Gold:
    1,061
    Miniranks

    Make it fair to every donator not only to 500$

    100 donor : 1 row
    200 donor : 2 row
    300 donor : 3 row
    400 donor : 4 row
    500 donor : 5 row
    Till 1000 donor so that would be fair in my eyes then however i gotta donate 200$ more now to show them of
     
  18. Dobi

    Dobi Buying&Selling&Swap RSPS/RS07/RS3 - Max Main Rentals - www.PieGp.com - 24/7 Online !

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2015
    Posts:
    5,091
    Referrals:
    19
    Sythe Gold:
    1,061
    Miniranks


    Ps : i started it with 100 because you start getting prizebox at 100$ donor perk
     
  19. SuF

    SuF Legend
    Pirate Retired Global Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2007
    Posts:
    14,211
    Referrals:
    28
    Sythe Gold:
    1,234
    Discord Unique ID:
    203283096668340224
    <3 n4n0 Two Factor Authentication User Community Participant Spam Forum Participant Sythe's 10th Anniversary
    Miniranks

    I'm assuming most people with huge collections of mini ranks are likely already donors so this seems like the fairest solution (in addition to adding additional funding for the site). :+1:
     
    Dobi likes this.
  20. Laurie

    Laurie
    Retired Sectional Moderator Pirate $50 USD Donor

    Joined:
    Nov 26, 2007
    Posts:
    7,630
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    1,198
    M
    Two Factor Authentication User SytheSteamer
    Miniranks

    Nice one Matthew, I love you.
     
< Requiring ID to become verified | #ICQ:84488484 SELL CVV GOOD AND FRESH - WU TRANSFER - DUMPS TRACK 1&2 - RDP - FULLZ >
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.


 
 
Adblock breaks this site