Dispute Forum Rules & FAQ [Updated 8/23/13]

Discussion in 'Outdated Stickies' started by SuF, Aug 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unread #1 - Aug 4, 2012 at 9:37 PM
  2. SuF
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    <3 n4n0 Two Factor Authentication User Community Participant Spam Forum Participant Sythe's 10th Anniversary

SuF Legend
    Pirate Retired Global Moderator

This forum is for disputes for Sythe.org. Please do not post your Runescape disputes here since we aren't affiliated with Jagex.

RULES

1. You are entitled to express your opinion about a ban and/or a decision made inside this forum; however, whether you express it in a mature, respectable fashion will determine if you get a respectable answer.
    2. You must dispute your ban within one month it was given. After one month, the ban will not be reversed, and the dispute will be denied.
    3. All decisions made by the staff are final.
    4. Do not try and use the excuse "it was not on the rules page," as the moderators have the right to ban you if they see fit. The rules list is not final. It can be edited, any time, without notice.
    5. Only post ONE dispute for your ban/infraction. If your dispute was denied, do not create another dispute. Your dispute will be deleted and archived if you create another dispute after it has already been denied.
    6. Post as a guest if your account is banned. If you are IP banned, please ask a friend to make a dispute for you. Only if you are recovering a hacked account should you create a new account. This is so an Administrator can send you your new password if your dispute is successful.
    7. You are responsible for your IP address, and if there's a banned account on your IP, you are liable to be banned for ban evading. We can't do anything about this.
    8. Please state your username WITHIN your dispute. If we don't know who the dispute is about, we'll just archive the dispute.
    9. 'I didn't know about the rule'' is not an appropriate response to a ban. As a member of Sythe.org, you are expected to have read the rules.
    10. Disputing infractions is not allowed in this section. Instead, PM the moderator that infracted you. A current list of all Moderators can be found here

Frequently Asked Questions

Why am I IP banned?
    If you get a message saying "Your IP has been banned by an administrator", use a proxy or get a friend to post a dispute for you.​
    Why am I banned?
    You should see the reason when you attempt to log in.​
    My dispute was accepted and a moderator said I was unbanned, but my account still has the banned rank. Am I still banned?
    If your username is not bolded, you are actually unbanned. The system will automatically remove your banned rank once you log in and post.​
    My sythe account got hacked. Can I get it back?
    If no one has been scammed by the hacker, you can get it back. Post in the Account Recovery section. If someone has been scammed, your account will be banned/DNT'd until you repay the amount scammed back. In order to be unbanned you must post a picture of a clean virus scan.​
    Why cant I dispute my infraction/ban after one month?
    It's hard to remember bans/infractions over one month ago. It's also hard to dig up proof after one month.​
    I'm not a scammer, why am I banned?
    If you think you've been banned wrongfully, try to disprove your scammer report.​
    Why was my dispute deleted?
    Your dispute may have been deleted if you already created a dispute previously. If it has already been denied, your second dispute will be deleted. Alternatively, your thread may still be waiting to be approved or have been moved to the archive once answered: www.sythe.org/dispute-forum-archive/
    My Runescape account got locked. Why?
    We aren't affiliated with Jagex.​
    According to my ban reason, I'm supposed to be unbanned. What's the problem?
    The site clock is off by a bit, but you will still be unbanned after exactly the length of time you were supposed to be banned for.​

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2017
< Dispute Forum Rules & FAQ & "I CANT SEE MY THREAD" | >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Adblock breaks this site