Why?

Discussion in 'Graphics Resources and Discussion' started by kovan, May 14, 2010.

Why?
  1. Unread #1 - May 14, 2010 at 5:40 AM
  2. kovan
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

kovan Forum Addict

Why?

why is it that people say they are the best on the site on their GFX shop ?? and when i go inside i see they are still beginners with photoshop ..

I'm not saying this because i think I'm the best or anything like that,cause I'm not xD
    but this is causing me getting less people asking for sigs on my shop..

i don't know if this is the right place to post this, but people gotta stop giving others wrong informations... seriously

3. Unread #2 - May 14, 2010 at 5:43 AM
  4. Necromancer24
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Necromancer24 Grand Master
    Do Not Trade

Why?

I suppose that by saying they're the best, they think they're the best and they generally make better artwork.

But that is just my opinion ;)

5. Unread #3 - May 14, 2010 at 5:45 AM
  6. kovan
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

kovan Forum Addict

Why?

that's what i mean "they think" .. how can know they are the best by thinking they are ?? ..

7. Unread #4 - May 14, 2010 at 5:53 AM
  8. Necromancer24
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Necromancer24 Grand Master
    Do Not Trade

Why?

Thinking you're the best gives you the mindset that you ARE the best. Let's put it this way: If I think I can do it, I probably will be able to do it. If I think I am something, I probably am something.

9. Unread #5 - May 14, 2010 at 6:18 AM
  10. kovan
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

kovan Forum Addict

Why?

yea you can probably do it, but it doesn't make you the best in what you do ..
    in my opinion, if you don't know you're the best at something you don't have the right to say you are,

11. Unread #6 - May 14, 2010 at 6:59 AM
  12. Alteranz
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Alteranz Hero
    Zombie Angelic Retired Global Moderator

Why?

What annoys me even further is people labeling themselves as "Professional Graphic Artists", where in reality their GFX skills are primitive and rudimentary.
    Unless you make a SOLID LIVING off creating and designing graphic material, then you are not professional.

13. Unread #7 - May 14, 2010 at 7:27 AM
  14. kovan
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

kovan Forum Addict

Why?

Also true,

15. Unread #8 - May 14, 2010 at 3:30 PM
  16. Draucia
    Referrals:

Draucia Guest

Why?

Exactly. People are selling signatures for $5-10 (note: mine used to be $1-2 when my shop was open), and claiming it's "professional". This says "I'm possibly the best GFX artist on the site". His name is like phenoMM or something. No offence to him, but his are no way near the best. I want to edit their thread and remove that, but I think that wouldn't be fair.

17. Unread #9 - May 14, 2010 at 3:41 PM
  18. Lukef555
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Lukef555 Grand Master
    Banned

Why?

It is quite annoying, that grammar nazi kid just makes me wanna hit somone, oh and kovan, you are the best here. haha.

19. Unread #10 - May 16, 2010 at 6:02 PM
  20. phenoMMM
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

phenoMMM Active Member
    Banned

Why?

No that wouldn't be fair.
    I actually do make somewhat of a living making graphics. I've taken graphics classes and make designs at 99designs.com. The Logos there sell for 200+ and are in contest fashion, I've won about 10 contests now and I'm making good money. Making Sigs on this site is just an offthing for me, you know, giving back to the community.
    And there is no way to determine who's sigs are "THE BEST LOL" because people look at art differently and all have different viewpoints. The only reason I say I'm professional and the best is for advertisement and trying to get customers to choose me over others. Its simple marketing.

And grats on GFX mod.

21. Unread #11 - May 19, 2010 at 2:09 PM
  22. T R 1 B A L
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

T R 1 B A L Grand Master
    Retired Sectional Moderator

Why?

I've been commissioned for book covers, posters, websites, photography and i've made probably something near $1500 (the majority of which was for photography in remote areas of central asia which was paid for by an embassy in my country) and i'm not nearly even moderate by near-objective classing.

Just because you're able to get your skills out there makes you just about as professional as the next person, who knows how but does nothing.

So you're right, it's nothing more than simple marketing.

23. Unread #12 - May 19, 2010 at 2:57 PM
  24. phenoMMM
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

phenoMMM Active Member
    Banned

Why?

Trust me, sigs are no way of an indicator of skill, its just a manipulation of various effects to create a "COOL" look. The real skill comes from creativity in logos, website design, and other things that companies pay for. The only way a sig can maybe help you is helping with depth of field, placement, and random cool things you can do in PS.
    I too have also had jobs for posters, websites and photography. This month I made $300+ from all those together, mostly all from independent companies in Charlotte, NC.

25. Unread #13 - May 20, 2010 at 9:37 AM
  26. TDD
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

TDD Web Design Expert
    Do Not Trade

Why?

I'm the best on the site.

27. Unread #14 - May 20, 2010 at 11:10 AM
  28. T R 1 B A L
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

T R 1 B A L Grand Master

Why?

QFT.

TDD i remember you raging at me on IRC a few years ago for saying WoW is gay :3

29. Unread #15 - May 21, 2010 at 10:14 PM
  30. TDD
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

TDD Web Design Expert
    Do Not Trade

Why?

No? I don't like world of warcraft in any way shape or form nor ever have...

31. Unread #16 - May 22, 2010 at 4:17 AM
  32. Verts
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    verts#0001
    Lumpy Space Princess Le Pokémon Trainer Two Factor Authentication User

Verts bleep bloop
    Crabby Retired Administrator

Why?

No me I am the best.

No I kid, I suck now. I used to be alright when I was a GFX mod but now I suck again.

33. Unread #17 - May 22, 2010 at 1:29 PM
  34. Kiabin
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Kiabin Brick By Boring Brick.
    Banned

Why?

When it comes to sig making, I suck. Literally. Go to planet renders if you want to find a professional. It's simple.

35. Unread #18 - May 22, 2010 at 4:55 PM
  36. T R 1 B A L
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

T R 1 B A L Grand Master

Why?

It was for my lack of appreciation of the time and effort that went into making the game, or something of the sort,

OR i got trolled,

OR it was Faskist/Unknown.

37. Unread #19 - May 24, 2010 at 5:15 AM
  38. Spraynwipe
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Spraynwipe How soon is now?
    $5 USD Donor Retired Sectional Moderator

Why?

Because most here are kids with less than a year's worth of experience. Anyone who is attracted by "PROFESSIONAL WORK" needs a mental check, turns out 95% of the time that thread is full of novice work.
    Agreed with statement above, you are only "professional" if you are actually doing paid work frequently.

39. Unread #20 - Jun 18, 2010 at 2:33 PM
  40. MohtasaUnique
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Tony#2235

MohtasaUnique Grand Master
    Retired Global Moderator

Why?

Although the professional artwork point in this thread IS really annoying to me as well, I think people put "the best" because it's nothing more than good business. Just like a real life company would put "the closest shave you'll ever have" or "the more refreshing drink EVAAAAAA", it's just how people draw others in. When people see "THE BEST SIGS EVER" they're drawn in, but when they see that they aren't the best, often times people want to throw out an order just to see what they can really do... or they just don't care enough that they aren't really the greatest.

Either way, unlike labeling yourself as professional, saying "I'm the best" is subjective, and most may be convinced that they are the best graphics artist on this site. Just like some think they're the smartest, the most gangster, or the fattest troll.

< Where can I get stocks like this? | Adobe Creative Suite 5 >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest

Adblock breaks this site