Driving Age

Discussion in 'Something For All' started by Felix, Feb 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Driving Age
  1. Unread #21 - Jun 17, 2017 at 11:15 AM
  2. Amazer
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Amazer Apprentice

Driving Age

That shit scared the crap out of me.

3. Unread #22 - Jun 17, 2017 at 1:20 PM
  4. Dragonic
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Dragonic Member
    Banned

Driving Age

I think the age 18 is perfect, many people mature after highschool and when they go into university.

5. Unread #23 - Jun 19, 2017 at 12:44 PM
  6. Chris Sioure
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Chris Sioure Member

Driving Age

in my island , i think u can start learning at 15 or 14 actually, but u need to be 21 to hire a car

7. Unread #24 - Jun 21, 2017 at 12:46 AM
  8. Rebirth RSPS
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Rebirth RSPS Active Member
    $5 USD Donor New

Driving Age

They should just up the requirements to obtain a drivers license.
    i.e...
    - Six months of driving school (classroom education)
    - 60 days of1 on 1 driving time with instructor

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  9. Unread #25 - Aug 2, 2017 at 9:13 AM
  10. Joplin
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Joplin Newcomer

Driving Age

Also related and relevant, if the brain is not fully developed until youre 25, should the drinking age/military age not be raised to 25? since you dont fully understand the consequences of what youre doing until you are 25?

This brang up the subject that If you are a young person aged 2-10 and you steal a cookie from the cookie jar, should you be charged with shoplifting? the answer, no because youre just young and don't know what youre really doing and that shouldnt be a permant charge on your record for life. BUT if you arent fully developed until age 25, why can 18 year olds be charged as an adult for things like shoplifting, i mean... You really dont know how much shoplifting can affect the rest of your life and how many jobs you can not get because of it until youre in your twenties going to college and starting a career, moving out, getting married and doing real shit with your life. someone at that age is way more afraid of what their parents are going to say when they get a call from the police than they are worried about the fine/sentence. So until you have a full understanding of consequences, why should these be life long threatening events?

BACK ON TOPIC-
    If youre 16, going 120mph swerving in and out of traffic, texting and driving at the same time, you HONESTLY do not know how bad the situation can be, you can be dead gone gooey blood and guts all over the pavement in an instant, your fault or not, it doesnt matter, you are DEAD. you think oh this is fun, i have adrenaline, im going to school tomorrow and telling ym friends, im taking a snapchat with my mph listed, "omg im so cool". When you are older, you start to realize that, "fuck i can die right now" and you gain maturity and drive at slower speeds and realize that if you get more speeding tickets your insurance is going to be out of the fucking roof and your parents arent going to paying it, and you have to start paying for rent and food and utilities.

I strongly agree the driving age should be lifted. atleast till 18. But i do also see the side (my younger self) being so excited to drive and get to school on my own, and be independant, a whole new life skill thats super awesome, you gain sex appeal, you get to go do shit without asking your parents, you can get a job anywhere you can afford gas to get to, its just overall an amazing experience.

But with saving lives of the youth (and their financial future) and the people the youth will endanger, it is a good idea to raise it.

tl;dr
    I agree it should be raised, we arent fully developed until age 25, we dont actually know the consequences of our actions being put into reality until its already happened and there is no going back, for the rest of your life. if youre 18 and want to join the military, what really says you are making the right decision? most havent really lived a day in our lives, how can we say we want to risk the rest of our lives right after highschool?

11. Unread #26 - Aug 6, 2017 at 2:37 AM
  12. Bruno Rs
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Bruno Rs Member
    Banned

Driving Age

Guy had his legs flying.

13. Unread #27 - Sep 1, 2017 at 1:38 PM
  14. SmokeHut
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Okesseril#7961
    Gohan has AIDS Sythe's 10th Anniversary

SmokeHut Great men grow tired of contentedness.
    $100 USD Donor New

Driving Age

I think it would be unfair to the teens that wouldn't act like total idiots behind the wheel. However, a good solution would be that insurance companies require between the age of 16-19 to have a mandatory black-box fitted in the cars and speed limiter. The black-box should be capable of sending data to the insurer if the driver is consistently speeding in residential areas. In turn, having their insurance black listed so they cannot drive.

It would force the hand of the idiots or people easily encouraged whilst not affecting the sensible drivers.

15. Unread #28 - Sep 1, 2017 at 4:53 PM
  16. Sypherz
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    M
    Sythe's 10th Anniversary

Sypherz Legend
    $5 USD Donor New Retired Sectional Moderator Competition Winner

Driving Age

We don't need more restrictive legislation

17. Unread #29 - Sep 10, 2017 at 12:10 AM
  18. Deceleration
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Deceleration Forum Addict

Driving Age

I personally feel that 16 is way too young. Your near enough still a child and don't have full maturity at that age.. too then put you behind the wheel of a moving vehicle is dangerous.

19. Unread #30 - Nov 26, 2017 at 10:26 PM
  20. K arm a
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

K arm a Apprentice

Driving Age

I remember when i got my licenese at 16 all i wanted to do is drive, all day all night, so yeah i can see these stats being very true.

21. Unread #31 - Dec 3, 2017 at 3:52 PM
  22. ultandtilt
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

ultandtilt Active Member
    Banned

Driving Age

why start so late? Teach early but teach them correctly and you should be fine. 15 is a good starting learning age, 16 is perfect for obtaining your licenses, I feel tho no one under the age of 18 should be able to drive by themselfs as they've only had a few months of experience.

< [NSFW]Ex-Arizona police officer acquitted of murder in shooting of unarmed man[Video shows shooting] | Maybe Extremism Is Necessary? >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Adblock breaks this site