Xbox360 or PS3?

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Dustein, Dec 11, 2008.

?

Which one?

  1. Xbox360

    24 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. PS3

    12 vote(s)
    33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Xbox360 or PS3?
  1. Unread #1 - Dec 11, 2008 at 4:14 PM
  2. Dustein
    Referrals:
    0

    Dustein Guest

    Xbox360 or PS3?

    Well, my parents want to get me a new game system for Christmas, and I have the choice of which one to get, and then they get a couple games. I am leaning towards the Xbox360, but I have been hearing that it breaks easily, there aren't many good games for it, etc, but I haven't heard anything good about the PS3 besides "it sucks, don't get it". Which one do you think is better and why?
     
  3. Unread #2 - Dec 11, 2008 at 4:19 PM
  4. Sithling
    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2007
    Posts:
    419
    Referrals:
    1
    Sythe Gold:
    0

    Sithling Forum Addict
    Banned

    Xbox360 or PS3?

    I believe the Playstation 3 is the most powerful and future proof of the two.

    The Xbox 360 is getting older now, and with it's HD drive it cannot beat the Playstation 3's bluray drive.

    If you want a system which allows great graphics and gameplay, I would go for the Playstation 3.

    But if you want great online play, the Xbox 360 is a good way to go.

    If cost is an issue, the cheapest would be the Playstation 3. This is because with the Xbox 360, you must buy a wireless adapter to connect to the internet and you must pay a sum of money for the online play. With the Playstation 3, it's all built in and you get free online play.

    Overall, if you want a system which will be future proof for another 5+ years, you should get the Playstation 3. If you just want a quick play and mess around with some friends for a year, get the Xbox 360.

    I hope this helped.
     
  5. Unread #3 - Dec 11, 2008 at 5:04 PM
  6. Tw1sted
    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    Posts:
    82
    Referrals:
    1
    Sythe Gold:
    0

    Tw1sted Member
    Banned

    Xbox360 or PS3?

    Dust, I can't tell you which one to get, but I can tell you my personal experiences with the X Box 360.

    I believe it's got some amazing FPS games such as Halo and COD, I've had it for over a year now and haven't had one problem with it, they just updated their entire online interaction program, and it's fun & easy to use

    Given the choice I'd pick the 360 over the PS3 10 out of 10 times =P
     
  7. Unread #4 - Dec 11, 2008 at 5:18 PM
  8. Ja Mon
    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    Posts:
    31
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0

    Ja Mon Member

    Xbox360 or PS3?

    You don't need a wireless adapter to play on live with it. Sure, you might need a router, but the wireless adapter is an option. You can just hardwire(connect an Ethernet cable to it) directly from your router or modem.


    As for my thoughts on the issue... I enjoy the Xbox 360 more than a PS3, but the PS3 has a greater future. As Sithling stated, sure, the 360 has a HD drive, but nothing at this current time can beat a blu-ray drive. Much better graphics, and it results in smoother gameplay. As for online capabilities, yes, you need to pay for Xbox Live, while the PSN is free, but almost every game for the 360 has some sort of online play. I'm not sure you can say the same for the PS3. I'll just leave this here - How To Kill A Brand
     
  9. Unread #5 - Dec 11, 2008 at 5:34 PM
  10. Range Me
    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2008
    Posts:
    1,924
    Referrals:
    1
    Sythe Gold:
    0

    Range Me Guru
    Banned

    Xbox360 or PS3?

    I voted for 360 mainly because the online community is so much bigger! More people owns 360's and i don't really care about blueray etc. So 360 ftw!@!@..

    ..but ps3 gets sick wireless headset + internet + free live hmmm =[
     
  11. Unread #6 - Dec 11, 2008 at 5:48 PM
  12. Skele
    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2007
    Posts:
    12,216
    Referrals:
    12
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Tier 1 Prizebox

    Skele ღ Heartbreak Kid ღ
    $100 USD Donor Crabby Retired Global Moderator

    Xbox360 or PS3?

    I would get the PS3, my cousin has it and so far has no problems.

    My friend on the other hand, bought a 360 and it broke atleast 4 times so far. The customer support is horrible and he hates it now :p

    PS3 has free live and also a blue ray player which is like $100 by itself.
     
  13. Unread #7 - Dec 11, 2008 at 5:59 PM
  14. Apostasy
    Referrals:
    0

    Apostasy Guest

    Xbox360 or PS3?

    Go for the Xbox. Sony has seriously regressed with the PS3. Unless you want a glorified bluray player, the PS3 doesn't have all that much going for it.
     
  15. Unread #8 - Dec 11, 2008 at 6:02 PM
  16. jassa32
    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2007
    Posts:
    320
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    6

    jassa32 Forum Addict
    Banned

    Xbox360 or PS3?

    I'd get a 360 because it has a lot more games to play and the online is really reliable my friends PS3 online is always dropping out for a while because they dont charge for it they cant afford to update the servers. 360 is also cheaper and although people say it breaks a lot i know more than 20 people with it and only 2 have broken in a year and a half. PS3 is more for just watching movies and stuff there no interactive play with the games they just feel bad but on 360 all the games just seem so fun and can be really competitive online which is great fun.
     
  17. Unread #9 - Dec 11, 2008 at 6:12 PM
  18. I 134/2/24G3 I
    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2008
    Posts:
    1,332
    Referrals:
    1
    Sythe Gold:
    0

    I 134/2/24G3 I Guru
    Banned

    Xbox360 or PS3?

    go wth the 360, from experience they are way better :)
     
  19. Unread #10 - Dec 11, 2008 at 6:16 PM
  20. Panzer
    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2007
    Posts:
    263
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0

    Panzer Forum Addict
    Banned

    Xbox360 or PS3?

    ps3

    I've had both, and I can for sure say that the amount of possibilities on ps3 dwarf that of what is on the xbox

    In terms of games, ps3 doesn't have as many, but it has a ton of great ones

    In any case, ps3 owns 360
     
  21. Unread #11 - Dec 11, 2008 at 6:27 PM
  22. terrif
    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2008
    Posts:
    1,451
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0

    terrif Guru
    Banned

    Xbox360 or PS3?

    360 all the way,online play is great and GEARS
     
  23. Unread #12 - Dec 11, 2008 at 6:27 PM
  24. €pounded€
    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2007
    Posts:
    269
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0

    €pounded€ Forum Addict

    Xbox360 or PS3?

    I can most defiantly say go for the Xbox360 if you like FPS games.
    Me myself owns an xbox360 so I am probably biost.
     
  25. Unread #13 - Dec 11, 2008 at 6:40 PM
  26. ch3ssy
    Joined:
    Dec 11, 2008
    Posts:
    45
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0

    ch3ssy Member

    Xbox360 or PS3?

    ps3 by far
     
  27. Unread #14 - Dec 11, 2008 at 6:41 PM
  28. Tgump
    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2007
    Posts:
    6,541
    Referrals:
    8
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Two Factor Authentication User

    Tgump Hero
    Retired Global Moderator Zombie

    Xbox360 or PS3?

    Xbox 360: Broader variety of FPS games, better for the FPS type and/or doesn't like a PS3grill

    PS3: Has less games overall, but has a lot of great ones that are side scrollers / RTS. Also has free live play while the 360 is $3 a month.

    Your choice.
     
  29. Unread #15 - Dec 11, 2008 at 6:42 PM
  30. nuite0
    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2005
    Posts:
    179
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    17
    Discord Unique ID:
    206721842495488001

    nuite0 Active Member
    Banned

    Xbox360 or PS3?

    Just get your Xbox 360 flashed and you can buy games for like $4

    FTW!
     
  31. Unread #16 - Dec 11, 2008 at 6:44 PM
  32. Emo:)
    Referrals:
    0

    Emo:) Guest

    Xbox360 or PS3?

    Go with the Xbox~!~
     
  33. Unread #17 - Dec 11, 2008 at 6:46 PM
  34. White_Wolf_X
    Referrals:
    0

    White_Wolf_X Guest

    Xbox360 or PS3?

    Xbox 360 All The Way - Personal I Think It Has Alot Better Graphics And Alot More Fun Then PS3
     
  35. Unread #18 - Dec 11, 2008 at 7:11 PM
  36. ImAFool
    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2006
    Posts:
    1,497
    Referrals:
    1
    Sythe Gold:
    5

    ImAFool Guru

    Xbox360 or PS3?

    How can you possibly pick between two things when you've only used one?

    Call of Duty is multiplatform.

    So is PSN.

    And with such a large fanbase comes a large amount of faggoty 12 year old whiny motherfuckers who can't SHUT THE FUCK UP about how they pwn someone else at Halo.
    The cheapest bluray player is $200.

    And the 360 does? Name 5 arguably good exclusives the 360 has in 2009. Oh, wait.

    I'm not even going to glorify this post by giving it a proper response.

    re⋅tard
        [ ree-tahrd for 4]

    4. Slang: Disparaging.
    a. a mentally retarded person.
    b. a person who is stupid, obtuse, or ineffective in some way: a hopeless social retard.

    The same can be said for the PS3.

    [​IMG]

    Gears IS a decent title, but why buy a 360 to play it? Seeing as how just about any 360 game actually worth playing comes to PC anyways, what's the point?

    Me myself thnks u ned 2 lrn2inglés

    Kill yourself.

    I BET YOUR TRIED TYPING IN ALL CAPS, DIDN'T YOU. YOU SHOULD GO KILL YOURSELF TOO.
     
  37. Unread #19 - Dec 11, 2008 at 7:25 PM
  38. FlubbyWubs
    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2008
    Posts:
    1,134
    Referrals:
    1
    Sythe Gold:
    0

    FlubbyWubs Guru
    Banned

    Xbox360 or PS3?

    Xbox 360. I've always been a sony guy, but I've played with my friends 360 numerous times, and then played with his ps3 and I have always found to like the 360 better. The games are just superior to those of the ps3, and the graphics are great too.
     
  39. Unread #20 - Dec 12, 2008 at 3:22 AM
  40. Sithling
    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2007
    Posts:
    419
    Referrals:
    1
    Sythe Gold:
    0

    Sithling Forum Addict
    Banned

    Xbox360 or PS3?

    Don't worry, you'll have a problem with it, and you'll have to talk to some Indian guy on the phone and he won't help at all.

    I'm just saying that the majority of people will use a wireless adapter.

    My friends playstation broke because he was messing with it, and moving it around the country every weekend. It was out of warranty but he got straight on the phone, talking to an ENGLISH member of customer support and they sent him a new playstation free of charge.

    Explain more, so far that post is useless in my opinion.

    It may have more games, but what does it have coming to the shelves in 2009? That's what I thought..

    Explain more.

    Explain more.

    Explain more.

    It doesn't have better graphics - that's a fact.
     
< Selling Elite Sets | selling level 55 mage pure!!! >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.


 
 
Adblock breaks this site