Adblock breaks this site

When to Start Chinning

Discussion in 'RuneScape 3 General' started by Ecstasy Pker, Mar 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ecstasy Pker

    Ecstasy Pker Guru
    Banned

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2012
    Posts:
    1,066
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    When to Start Chinning

    So I've decided it's time for me to get my range to 99 on one of my accounts but I'm not sure when to switch from using knives to chinning at Ape Atoll. If someone could give me a good transition level that would be great! :) (I've heard that 80 is a good level but I'm not sure)
     
  2. ebil

    ebil Forum Addict

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2011
    Posts:
    485
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    When to Start Chinning

    80 is good if you will be using regular ranging pots. 75 if you're using extreme ranging pots. 71 or 72 if you're using ovls (I did this once. Massive loss.)

    Brotip; If you will be using a mixture of grey and red chins, use the red ones first as you will get better exp this way.
     
  3. Zerkerfist

    Zerkerfist ♥..My kingdom for a kiss upon her shoulder..♥
    $5 USD Donor New

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2011
    Posts:
    7,247
    Referrals:
    3
    Sythe Gold:
    5
    When to Start Chinning

    80 is a perfect level to make that transition. Many people make the mistake of trying to chin when they are like 50-60 ranged, and they end up wasting tons of cash.

    I went from 78-99 and it was great, so I would reccommend having a minimum of 70 ranged, and a maximum of 80, before you start chinning (depends on your budget as well). Naturally, the exp p/h will increase with your ranged level.

    Just as a side note, it really helps tremendously if you have the Reverance aura and a set of void knight robes. It helps your prayer drain slower & the void robes add a massive hidden bonus to the accuracy and damage inflicted by the chins, which increases your exp per hour quite a bit.
     
  4. S W E D E N

    S W E D E N Active Member
    Banned

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2012
    Posts:
    137
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    When to Start Chinning

    Id say go for 80
     
  5. Ecstasy Pker

    Ecstasy Pker Guru
    Banned

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2012
    Posts:
    1,066
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    When to Start Chinning

    I forgot to say that I'm a 1 Prayer staker and will be safespotting, so no Prayer or Void robes. ;p
     
  6. Duly

    Duly Guru
    Banned

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2011
    Posts:
    1,832
    Referrals:
    2
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    When to Start Chinning

    I started chinning at 70 range.
    I used extreme range potions and it still hit fairly well so If you don't have extremes I would suggest maybe 75-80?
     
  7. idrinkgas

    idrinkgas Apprentice
    Banned

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2011
    Posts:
    862
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    When to Start Chinning

    I'd start at whatever level your at right now if you can afford it, will be better xp chinning regardless just more expensive
     
  8. Jack

    Jack The Infamous Spam Forum King
    Retired Administrator Cool Cat Legendary

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2011
    Posts:
    12,268
    Referrals:
    38
    Sythe Gold:
    876
    Member of the Month Winner Sythe's 10th Anniversary Wubba Lubba Dub Dub The Mortyest Morty Sythe Awards 2012 Winner Le Kingdoms Player Two Factor Authentication User Spam Forum Participant I'm LAAAAAAAME
    Signature of the Month Winner
    When to Start Chinning

    There is no perfect really for transition really. If you can afford it, go ahead and chin at 70+, its better exp than anything else.
     
  9. That Kid

    That Kid Forum Addict

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2009
    Posts:
    445
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    When to Start Chinning

    As jack said, if you can afford it start at 70.

    If money is an issue I would wait until at least 80-85, and ensure you always get the most of your chins (Ranging pots, prayers etc)
     
  10. Brbfarmrun

    Brbfarmrun Forum Addict
    Banned

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2011
    Posts:
    567
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    When to Start Chinning

    If You have 'cash to splash' then 65. If not, then 75! I personally went from 60 :3
     
  11. Ecstasy Pker

    Ecstasy Pker Guru
    Banned

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2012
    Posts:
    1,066
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    When to Start Chinning

    I've decided to start at 75. Thanks guys. :)
     
  12. Laptop65

    Laptop65 Hero
    $50 USD Donor New

    Joined:
    Dec 19, 2010
    Posts:
    7,931
    Referrals:
    4
    Sythe Gold:
    452
    Sythe RSPS Player Sythe Awards 2012 Winner Sythe's 10th Anniversary St. Patrick's Day 2013
    When to Start Chinning

    Answered.
     
< Looking for a partner or two in luring | Buying RSGP >
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.


 
 
Adblock breaks this site