Adblock breaks this site

We Have the Go-Ahead!

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Unknown, Apr 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unknown

    Unknown Guru
    Highly Respected Retired Administrator

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2005
    Posts:
    1,640
    Referrals:
    2
    Sythe Gold:
    5
    We Have the Go-Ahead!

    Code:
    Sythe says:
    go nuts
    Alright, so to start this off, here's what we need:
    I need permission by each of you to sell your guides, Post here saying yes or no.
    We need to decide on a price for tutorials. It can either be a word count thing, or we decide individually for each tut (Might take some time)
    I need a list of all the tutorials we have at the moment.

    I will be selling the guides on this site: http://forums.digitalpoint.com
    All payments will be made in paypal or possibly e-gold. No exceptions.
    I think that's all for now. We'll see where to go we get these things done.

    At the moment the whole user ed section is visible to staff and user eds only. Applications are off until further notice.

    Also: Keep all this stuff to yourselves for now.
     
  2. Zack

    Zack Apprentice

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2005
    Posts:
    863
    Referrals:
    5
    Sythe Gold:
    10
    We Have the Go-Ahead!

    cool :) Do u get a portion of our cash? lol..
     
  3. WoW Sucks

    WoW Sucks Global Moderator
    Banned

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2007
    Posts:
    3,708
    Referrals:
    3
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    We Have the Go-Ahead!

    He gets 10% and so does Sythe.

    Im not fussed about the price but word count should do.
     
  4. Deacon Frost

    Deacon Frost Grand Master
    Banned

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2007
    Posts:
    2,905
    Referrals:
    3
    Sythe Gold:
    57
    We Have the Go-Ahead!

    Brilliant, I'll start writing a shit ton of guides now. I'm sure I can put out 3-4 this week.


    Price = Style * word count.

    I think that for each style..

    Computer Programming
    Computer Tech
    Graphics

    yada yada, a firm price should be set, maybe 1.50 depending on what category they are in.

    then you times that by the word count (3 cents for 1 word)

    so say a computer programming guide around html would be a flat rate of 3 bucks. It's 500 words long. 500 * 3 = 1500. That's 15 USD. so a 500 word computer guide about HTML would be 18 USD.


    That's if that's not too much?
     
  5. Hax4You

    Hax4You Apprentice

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2007
    Posts:
    741
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    We Have the Go-Ahead!

    Kewl :D
     
  6. Six

    Six Guru

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2007
    Posts:
    1,482
    Referrals:
    4
    Sythe Gold:
    12
    We Have the Go-Ahead!

    I don't use paypal or e-gold so whatev. I don't care if you sell them.
     
  7. The Main Man

    The Main Man Shadow Ninja
    Banned

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2007
    Posts:
    513
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    We Have the Go-Ahead!

    I say yes, sounds great, and not every word, or people will fill in shit words, and someone would have to count to verify there is indeed that many words. It should be priced by helpfullness, or maybe just a flat rate per guide, if guides get bought more then maybe bump the price or offer a special for packs of guide written by the same person. Or maybe just the writer decides his price for his guides, and s/he can change it at any given time.
     
  8. purenoxy

    purenoxy Forum Addict
    Do Not Trade

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2007
    Posts:
    510
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    We Have the Go-Ahead!

    ya you can sell em!
     
  9. berson4

    berson4 Apprentice
    Banned

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2007
    Posts:
    744
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    We Have the Go-Ahead!

    hehe i read it all, and yeh sounds razz.. voted in the otha poll etc, and all the other threads..

    im cool with it.. getting to work on some new guides now..

    btw, can we give you some of the guides we already made (some i consider pretty good:p)
     
  10. Conman3030

    Conman3030 BANNED FROM MARKET
    Banned

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2006
    Posts:
    1,203
    Referrals:
    4
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    We Have the Go-Ahead!

    Yea sure np im great with havin my guides sold. So we dont get 20% of it? Or is it 10%? 5% for sythe and 5% for you Unknown?
     
  11. Unknown

    Unknown Guru
    Highly Respected Retired Administrator

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2005
    Posts:
    1,640
    Referrals:
    2
    Sythe Gold:
    5
    We Have the Go-Ahead!

    10 for me 10 for sythe :)
     
  12. Conman3030

    Conman3030 BANNED FROM MARKET
    Banned

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2006
    Posts:
    1,203
    Referrals:
    4
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    We Have the Go-Ahead!

    Lol your guna be rakin in the cash arent you :p. Better than not getting anything for them i guess.
     
  13. Brandeis

    Brandeis AKA WoW Blows
    Banned

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2007
    Posts:
    1,154
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    We Have the Go-Ahead!

    Nice. Thats a yes from me.
     
  14. WhoCares357

    WhoCares357 Forum Addict

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2007
    Posts:
    608
    Referrals:
    1
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    We Have the Go-Ahead!

    I thought about it, and I'm going to stay public. Are we going to make a public section? I don't feel like selling my guides, since I originally make them for leechers (and still will).
     
  15. Phil

    Phil Ex-Mod
    ♥ Will Love Govind Forever ♥

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2007
    Posts:
    2,210
    Referrals:
    6
    Sythe Gold:
    5
    We Have the Go-Ahead!

    haha Sythe hasn't been working for ages for me :s. Go ahead from me. :p
     
  16. -------owned-------

    -------owned------- Guru
    Banned

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2007
    Posts:
    1,225
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    We Have the Go-Ahead!

    Go ahead as long as I get paid :)
     
  17. Nathan III

    Nathan III Apprentice

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2007
    Posts:
    872
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    We Have the Go-Ahead!

    Do we get a fraction of the price our guides are sold for?
    'Cause it's our hard work, and then it's going towards a forum (I think :S) that is mostly full of noobs that don't respect how much hard work we actually put into them.
     
  18. WoW Sucks

    WoW Sucks Global Moderator
    Banned

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2007
    Posts:
    3,708
    Referrals:
    3
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    We Have the Go-Ahead!

    yeh, sythe gets 10%, Unknown gets 10% and we get the rest :)
     
< Whats Your Fav Band?? | T i t o fire-caping services >
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.


 
 
Adblock breaks this site