Adblock breaks this site

Strong Solo Tops?

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by szskateman22, Apr 20, 2013.

  1. szskateman22

    szskateman22 Oh My Goat.
    $200 USD Donor New

    Joined:
    May 10, 2011
    Posts:
    1,533
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    11
    St. Patrick's Day 2013 SytheSteamer Doge Two Factor Authentication User
    Strong Solo Tops?

    Well... I play just about everywhere at the moment. Recently I have been getting stuck with a solo-top role on teams, so I am wondering who you prefer as a solo-topper and why?

    I play Jax up there all the time. I tried Rumble and he was a pretty strong top laner (but I don't have him yet).

    I have Cho'Gath, Nunu, Malphite, Nasus, Mundo, Garen, and Tryndamere... But I am looking for what your opinion is on who a strong solo-top laner would be. Darius? Who? o.o
     
  2. iW00

    iW00 Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2013
    Posts:
    159
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Strong Solo Tops?


    It depends on who your against, i find garen is a strong top, with warmogs and his passive and baron buff he regenerated 237 hp/5 at like lvl 18, which is very good, garen can also kite and poke well, using his q to get close and e to dammage, his ult is good vs tanky champs as well as being able to finish anyone off when in range and low enough, with warmogs, boots of switftness and guardian angel, i normally always get a kill vs a non tanky champ if they are at their tower.

    His diving capability is massive and his engage is decent, along with the ability to be chased to your team.
     
  3. eennee

    eennee <>The Chemist<>
    $100 USD Donor New

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2010
    Posts:
    2,354
    Referrals:
    1
    Sythe Gold:
    36
    Discord Username:
    Ooogen
    Easter 2013 <3 n4n0
    Strong Solo Tops?

    Darius can get destroyed top easily... my favorite tops are Singed, Riven, Volibear, Irelia and Jayce
     
  4. Heeatz

    Heeatz Grand Master

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2012
    Posts:
    4,528
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    202
    Strong Solo Tops?

    Nunu for good lane sustain, but he cant put out much damage if they go aggressive on you.
     
  5. KerokeroCola

    KerokeroCola Hero
    Retired Global Moderator KerokeroCola Donor

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2010
    Posts:
    8,268
    Referrals:
    12
    Sythe Gold:
    14
    Strong Solo Tops?

    The "strongest" pick depends not on your own skill or your laning opponent, but based on your team. You can lose a lane awfully but still destroy the team if your champion fits well in with your team. For instance, a team that wants to sustain and has a lot of lategame damage and tankiness, Nasus would fit in perfectly. A lategame nasus can do 1k damage per Q (with a cooldown of 2.4!), and he will also have like 3500 health and 150+ armor/MR. However, an early-game aggression team might be better suited with a Riven or a Pantheon, where they can jump in on the enemy ADC and shut them down before a real team fight can develop.
     
  6. The Red Panda

    The Red Panda Forum Addict
    Banned

    Joined:
    May 23, 2012
    Posts:
    423
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Strong Solo Tops?

    My favorite is Elise. Very bursty, often built tanky, and very useful.

    (even though she's banned/picked 95% of the time, 70% banrate I think)
     
  7. eennee

    eennee <>The Chemist<>
    $100 USD Donor New

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2010
    Posts:
    2,354
    Referrals:
    1
    Sythe Gold:
    36
    Discord Username:
    Ooogen
    Easter 2013 <3 n4n0
    Strong Solo Tops?

    I agree with this in the aspect that you have to fit well with your team. I think that its most important to match your jungler. If your jungler is tanky, then you have to build more damage and youll want someone with strong damage output. If your jungler is a squishy, like zed or eve, you will want to build bruiser or full tank.


    I smash the hell out of Nunu whenever I get laned against him. No skills just sustain... and I put out too much damage from him to keep up.
     
  8. TheFreakShow

    TheFreakShow Forum Addict
    Banned

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2012
    Posts:
    614
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Strong Solo Tops?

    It really does depend on who you're going against.

    But champions such as Jayce are generally a good pick for top.
     
  9. eennee

    eennee <>The Chemist<>
    $100 USD Donor New

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2010
    Posts:
    2,354
    Referrals:
    1
    Sythe Gold:
    36
    Discord Username:
    Ooogen
    Easter 2013 <3 n4n0
    Strong Solo Tops?

    Another champion would be wukong, I think hes easy to use but hes extremely difficult to MASTER! a master wukong player can beat pretty much anyone top
     
  10. Heeatz

    Heeatz Grand Master

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2012
    Posts:
    4,528
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    202
    Strong Solo Tops?

    Yeah, he is easy to counter since he cant do much damage at all. Keep him away from minions and he has no sustain at all, and if you're a bursty champ he cant do shit
     
  11. Saiyn

    Saiyn Forum Addict
    Banned

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2012
    Posts:
    314
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Strong Solo Tops?

    Jayce (wickd) vs Nunu (Soaz) top for allstar slot and soaz won.
     
  12. Just Sayin'

    Just Sayin' Apprentice

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2011
    Posts:
    657
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    5
    Strong Solo Tops?

    I think people under estimate Nunu so much; he is such a good champion in my opinion
     
  13. szskateman22

    szskateman22 Oh My Goat.
    $200 USD Donor New

    Joined:
    May 10, 2011
    Posts:
    1,533
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    11
    St. Patrick's Day 2013 SytheSteamer Doge Two Factor Authentication User
    Strong Solo Tops?

    I'll try Wukong while I can since he's free this week. And I'll see Jayce the next time he's free to play. :)

    I thought Rumble was a solo-top as well? o_O
     
  14. Snapping Turtle

    Snapping Turtle Active Member
    Banned

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2012
    Posts:
    128
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Strong Solo Tops?

    A really strong solo-top right now would have to be Renekton.
    His durability is immense, and he is an enormous Early>Late-Game threat, as-well as a late game tank.
    His kit is just tremendous, as he has his Escape, E , a heal (minion clear) Q, and his stun , W. Which are all given special effects when his rage is above 50.

    tl;dr : he can take alot of crap, and dish it back out nd pwn bro
     
  15. iW00

    iW00 Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2013
    Posts:
    159
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Strong Solo Tops?

    Id agree with that actually, i went vs him as garen and he wrecked me, he has alot of harass and sustain. Plus, when id normally ult him, he ults basically blocking my ult and killing me.
     
< LMAO Bronze | 4 Reasons You Are Stuck in ELO Hell >


 
 
Adblock breaks this site