Adblock breaks this site

Sick colored contact lenses!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Atled6543, Mar 9, 2010.

  1. Atled6543

    Atled6543 Forum Addict
    Banned

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2009
    Posts:
    503
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Sick colored contact lenses!

    Well guys, I was browsing the internet and I found these sick contact lenses! Now as soon as I saw them I said in my mind "HOLY SHIT. WANT. :nuts: ", Looked down, saw $200, and this was the expression on my face -> :'(. The ones below are from a website called http://www.9mmsfx.com/lenses.html which provides for professional movie making, I looked up some of them on Youtube, they look pretty sick. I'm sure you can get them for a lot cheaper from different websites. I'm seriously thinking about getting a pair. But what are the risks? I don't wanna permanently fuck up my eyeballs :(.. anyone have any knowledge about these?

    Here are some that are being sold on the pro site:
    [​IMG]



    Look at me, taking advice from internet strangers.
     
  2. awesome11

    awesome11 Guru
    Banned

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2007
    Posts:
    1,048
    Referrals:
    2
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Sick colored contact lenses!

    Wow, are those legit? dam my vision is 20/20 but now I want contacts!!! lmao look at Mangekyu and Blind Sight....sexy.
     
  3. Kadaj

    Kadaj You only live once, yolo.
    Banned

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2008
    Posts:
    6,087
    Referrals:
    6
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Sick colored contact lenses!

    I got my pair for £10 for a joke shop. $200 is ridiculous.
     
  4. †Tyson†

    †Tyson† Grand Master
    Banned

    Joined:
    May 31, 2008
    Posts:
    2,874
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Sick colored contact lenses!

    All the 'vampyre' ones look amazing in my opinion.

    But, i'd never buy any off a website. I was going to get some cool contact lenses until i no longer had money to spare. So i had done a TINY bit of research on them. Basically, because your eye type is unique, not everyone has the same sort of eye, you really should get them done at a proper optometrist that tests your eye and makes them custom for you. My girlfriend got cats eye contact lenses, and a couple other sorts i think, so don't think they can't make cool ones as well. I was personally going to get a deep blue (i have pale blue eyes), i just wanted natural looking lenses that would still make people go 'wow, i like your eyes'. At the optometrist i looked at, they said the lenses would cost about $150AU, and the sort they sold you put in your eyes for 3 months straight, then you have to dispose of them. But, its cheaper the second time you buy them because the first time you need an eye test + you need to do some eyecare thing that takes like 30 minutes which teaches you how to look after your contact lenses. If you get shit lenses, you can really fuck up your eyes, they will get all itchy and stuff just to begin with, then more severe effects after that. Imagine having itchy eyes!? How irritating that would be!

    Point is, go to an optometrist, its quite possible they can make some of those lenses anyway. And, $150AU is a LOT less than $200US (i assume they are US$). Especially since when you get your second pair at an optometrist, its a lot cheaper. With those ones you will be paying the same price each time.
     
  5. juvenilepunk

    juvenilepunk Hero
    Do Not Trade

    Joined:
    May 13, 2006
    Posts:
    5,424
    Referrals:
    2
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Sick colored contact lenses!

    God those look sick, and I am in need of a new subscription.....hmm..
     
  6. Stygian Soldier

    Stygian Soldier Forum Addict
    Banned

    Joined:
    May 18, 2009
    Posts:
    266
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Sick colored contact lenses!

    Those are pretty sweet, I got a pair of those kind of contact lenses about 2 years ago (18years old) at my eye doctor. I thought they were pretty cool so I went ahead and bought a pair to change the eye color to grey, They were about $120 for a 6 week supply. Long story short, they came in I picked them up and went to put them in...they did not "fit". The grey part of the contact went over my pupil causing me to see blurry, and the left one for some reason always scratched the hell out of my eye.

    I know it wasn't because of me being new to contacts because I have been wearing them since I was about 14 with no problems.

    But looking at some of those make me want to give it another shot haha. The "Dark Angel" ones look pretty sweet. Good luck choosing, I would have blown like 600bucks by now on different pairs =p.
     
  7. Spazz

    Spazz Grand Master
    $5 USD Donor

    Joined:
    Apr 20, 2009
    Posts:
    2,377
    Referrals:
    8
    Sythe Gold:
    348
    Toast Wallet User Heidy Potamus
    Sick colored contact lenses!

    When I was younger my camp counselor wore purple contacts and she said they didn't affect her eyes, and if they are being sold they must be fine.
     
  8. ilikepie1

    ilikepie1 Apprentice

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2007
    Posts:
    952
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Sick colored contact lenses!

    The 'Black Sclera' and all of the Naruto ones are really cool.
    Then again, I would probably only wear these on Halloween or some special occasion.
     
  9. Carlton

    Carlton Forum Addict

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2008
    Posts:
    425
    Referrals:
    1
    Sythe Gold:
    17
    Sick colored contact lenses!

    I used to have a pair of aqua blue ones, and a pair of blood-red ones. I have 20/20 vision, they didn't do much. It feels pretty weird when you take them off though.
    I do reccomend you actually get doctors/optometrists advice before you go buying them unlike me :)
     
  10. Sin666

    Sin666 Hero
    Crabby Retired Administrator

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2006
    Posts:
    6,989
    Referrals:
    21
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Two Factor Authentication User Detective Heidy
    Sick colored contact lenses!

    Even their sample images suck: the skin around the eyes looks photoshopped to hell, which means they probably did a lot of color balancing and level adjustments to exaggerate the effects.
     
  11. Carlton

    Carlton Forum Addict

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2008
    Posts:
    425
    Referrals:
    1
    Sythe Gold:
    17
    Sick colored contact lenses!

    That's marketing for you. Anything to sell their products.
    I wouldn't trust some internet site. I bought mine at some store, they sold a lot of weird things there too.
     
  12. 28scorpion

    28scorpion Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2010
    Posts:
    221
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Sick colored contact lenses!

    I saw some chick whos eyes were that colour (red) you see in photos taken by older cameras. Was weird.
     
  13. Necromancer24

    Necromancer24 Grand Master
    Do Not Trade

    Joined:
    Nov 6, 2008
    Posts:
    4,440
    Referrals:
    29
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Sick colored contact lenses!

    I like the Naruto one. :D Sharingan ftw. <3
     
  14. Covey

    Covey Creator of EliteSwitch
    Retired Sectional Moderator Visual Basic Programmers

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2005
    Posts:
    4,510
    Referrals:
    9
    Sythe Gold:
    9
    Discord Unique ID:
    807246764155338833
    Discord Username:
    Covey#1816
    Sick colored contact lenses!

    I wear contacts because i hate wearing glasses. And i'll tell you now they are a pain in the ass. (but still prefer them over glasses).

    You can get 2 types of contacts, daily's or weekly's.

    Daily's, fit to the shape of your eye better, but are only able to be used for 1 day, you must dispose of them after that.

    Weekly's, You can wear for 3-4 weeks and do not fit that great but are still good. But in the last week or 2 the vision is not as great (this probably won't apply if you're getting them for appearance)
    You also need to clean weekly's after every use, which isn't that hard takes about 2-3 minutes.

    Things to know about contacts:
    1). Daily's are more expensive then weekly's, daily's are around $200 AUD for 3 month's supply and Weekly's are around $140 AUD. (Visual effects ones are obviously more expensive)
    2). You are not meant to sleep with them in (however they have made ones that you can).
    3). You are not meant to wear them for more than 8 hours because you need to let your eye 'breathe'.
    4). Contacts aren't as great as they seem, simple things like wind blowing in your eyes and dust are major annoyances. Wind especially dry's out your contacts, then when you blink it sticks to your top eyelid and moves.

    That's about all the info i know about them, hoped it helped.
     
  15. 0xxx0x0xxx0

    0xxx0x0xxx0 Active Member
    Banned

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2007
    Posts:
    131
    Referrals:
    2
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Sick colored contact lenses!

    Lol I love those they're so cool. I'd love to see everybodys reaction when they see them on someone.
     
  16. god69er

    god69er Active Member

    Joined:
    Apr 20, 2008
    Posts:
    182
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Sick colored contact lenses!

    pretty gay
     
  17. gh0st_f4ce

    gh0st_f4ce Guru
    Banned

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2007
    Posts:
    1,157
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Sick colored contact lenses!

    Some of them are just plain weird, my friend had bright green ones though. It's whatever floats your boat, I guess.
     
  18. Billetes

    Billetes Guru
    Banned

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2009
    Posts:
    1,776
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Sick colored contact lenses!

    Glow in the dark ftw
     
  19. thebes

    thebes Newcomer

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2009
    Posts:
    24
    Referrals:
    1
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Sick colored contact lenses!

    They look pretty cash.
     
  20. PublicityFtF

    PublicityFtF Guru
    Banned

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2009
    Posts:
    1,178
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Sick colored contact lenses!

    I see a lot of people wearing these, or variants of them, during Halloween. I did not think that they costed so much. I honestly do not think that it is worth 200 just to have oddly-colored eyes.
     
< My new goal. | is this computer good enough for me? >


 
 
Adblock breaks this site