Adblock breaks this site

Safely Selling RuneScape Display Names - How?

Discussion in 'Market Discussion' started by mati, Jan 4, 2017.

  1. mati

    mati Active Member

    Joined:
    Apr 22, 2005
    Posts:
    147
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    6
    Safely Selling RuneScape Display Names - How?

    I used to be heavily involved in the private display name market, but dropped out of it in early 2014 because of the widespread use of a program that made it unsafe to transfer display names. A number of prominent Sythe users were utilizing variations of the program at the time, so any decent names that had ever been advertised publicly (and some that were private) had a high chance of being lost upon transfer. Most of those users were banned (some have since been pardoned), and a few slipped through the cracks. Anyway, that's mostly unimportant to this topic.

    Three years down the road, I don't play the game, I don't collect or trade, but I'm sitting on a bunch of two letter names, common first names, short desirable words, and other desirable names that are going to waste sitting in text files. The usual buyers I'd go to are long out of the market. I've recently been getting e-mails telling me to log in to avoid losing the names so I've been doing this, and it has me thinking that I should just get rid of them.

    So - what's the safest way to do this? Back in the day, I'd handle the transfer myself as it was easy to do programmatically ("safely"), but I'm not familiar enough with the system anymore to offer this. Ideally, I'd sell the accounts and be done with it. Let the buyer or a MM handle the transfer. Do people go for this? I don't know how prevalent sniping is anymore, so I'm not sure if middlemen are willing to take the risk.

    Any advice from users with relevant experience is welcomed.

    mat
     
  2. OrangeCounty

    OrangeCounty Guru
    Banned

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2016
    Posts:
    1,047
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    1,224
    Safely Selling RuneScape Display Names - How?

    I mean.... You can tell people the names. I don't understand the problem. No one can take it if you have it already
     
< Longest Bitcoin transaction I've ever witnessed, 8+ hours wtf | Shady Coinbase Practices: Changing wallet address - going offline during bitcoin price collapses >


 
 
Adblock breaks this site