Rewriting the Official Sythe.org Rules

Discussion in 'Suggestion Archive' started by x339, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Unread #1 - Oct 31, 2011 at 7:24 PM
  2. x339
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

x339 Grand Master
    Do Not Trade

I remember a while ago Matthew talked about rewriting and organizing all of the sythe.org rules. I really think this should be done to specify things such as name sniping and other unwritten rules that have been causing controversies.

Some people say that this will make the rules to long, but that is really a pretentious argument considering there can never be "to many" rules. Each rule should be defined specifically so there is no question of what is wrong and what is right.

3. Unread #2 - Oct 31, 2011 at 7:26 PM
  4. Listen to Young Money
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Listen to Young Money Guru
    Banned

I support. I sense it's been quite a while since the rules have had any serious revisions.

5. Unread #3 - Oct 31, 2011 at 7:31 PM
  6. The Black Tux
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Two Factor Authentication User Cool Kid Former OMM Cook RsProd Sythe Awards 2012 Winner Village Drunk

The Black Tux Veteran
    The Black Tux Donor Java Programmers PHP Programmers

I've seen many holes in the rules. Should be rewritten and more specific and detailed. Support.

7. Unread #4 - Oct 31, 2011 at 10:48 PM
  8. Nick
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Nick ♬♩ Young Forever ♪ ♫

Hmm. I think we have adequate guidelines right now. What are these holes you speak of? Generally speaking, most forums have the policy that if it seems wrong, don't do it. Common sense. Don't hack accounts and then try to sell them here, etc. Instead of writing out the thousands things people could do wrong, we use this common sense principle.

9. Unread #5 - Oct 31, 2011 at 11:00 PM
  10. Blade
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Two Factor Authentication User Easter 2015 Valentine's Day 2015 Sythe's 10th Anniversary Christmas 2014 Verified Overwatch Master Halloween 2014 SytheSteamer
    OG Club Detective Pokémon Trainer

Blade tfw 2hi lmao
    Retired Sectional Moderator Cracker Head

Sorry, but makes no sense to rewrite them. They took years to build, aren't too long, and cover most issues.

11. Unread #6 - Oct 31, 2011 at 11:36 PM
  12. The Black Tux
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Two Factor Authentication User Cool Kid Former OMM Cook RsProd Sythe Awards 2012 Winner Village Drunk

The Black Tux Veteran
    The Black Tux Donor Java Programmers PHP Programmers

There some rules that I were to read the literally and not use common sense, I would get infracted yet I could dispute it. But I don't want that ofc.

It's not for me, I'm beyond the point of breaking rules for long time now. It's for other who, as you said, have no common sense.

13. Unread #7 - Nov 1, 2011 at 12:34 AM
  14. Laptop65
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Sythe RSPS Player Sythe Awards 2012 Winner Sythe's 10th Anniversary St. Patrick's Day 2013

Laptop65 Hero
    $50 USD Donor New

Debatable topic, better to just fix and rewrite the parts of the rules that need doing rather than rewrite the whole thing which will take ages.

15. Unread #8 - Nov 1, 2011 at 3:17 AM
  16. Deacon Frost
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Deacon Frost Grand Master
    Banned

17. Unread #9 - Nov 1, 2011 at 3:59 AM
  18. mill3n
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

mill3n Guru
    Banned

Rules are added over-time, and I think the current layout is good. I don't see any change necessary.

19. Unread #10 - Nov 1, 2011 at 5:35 AM
  20. Jeff
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Two Factor Authentication User MushyMuncher Christmas 2014 Christmas 2015 Easter 2016 Sythe's 10th Anniversary Pizza Muncher Homosex Extreme Homosex SytheSteamer
    Lawrence

Jeff Previously named: Jeff.

There are unfortunately a few 'holes in the system' that can definitely be specified and outlined more clearly.

These include, but does not exclude:

- Name Sniping; the definition and guidelines of 'Name Sniping'; what is 'Name Sniping'; how is it defined and what constitutes as 'Name Sniping'; does this include adding a display name which a person wishes to use (E.G. Sythe) to their Friend/Ignore list, waiting for that specific display name to change and once it is immediately transferable, that person immediately changes, or 'snipes', the display name?

- Grave-digging; although it is already currently outlined in the current Sythe.org rules, there are still some misconception about it generated between users. These include; what constitutes 'grave-digging'? A fair example which most forums use is the 14 day limit. Through this 'limit', if the last post on a particular thread was 14 or more days ago, then it is prone to 'grave-digging', unless the original poster decides to post/bump the thread then 'grave-digging' does not occur.

- The expiry date ([​IMG]); after a warning/infraction is given to a user, an expiry date of that warning/infraction is also given. Once that expiry date expires, that warning/infraction should be removed, otherwise why distribute an expiry date at all? This is aimed at warning(s) and the relation between that and expiry date(s). I personally do not think this 'rule' is stated clearly enough, or even stated at all as in the current situation, the expiry date means nothing.

- Pin Sales
    ; a slight confusion is determined here whether the user will be immediately banned for 1 month or firstly infracted after their initial violation?

Those are just a few prime examples which could/should definitely be cleared up, although I personally know the boundaries of each action.

However these are merely suggestion and should not be pertained as the 'actual' rule(s). Feel free to correct me if I am wrong in any of the examples provided.

And I also support the original suggestion pertained in this topic.

21. Unread #11 - Nov 1, 2011 at 6:00 AM
  22. n4n0
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Poképedia
    Charmeleon Abra Gastly
    Tier 1 Prizebox (15) Live Streamer Pokémon Trainer (15) The Dark Side Oktoberfest 2013 MushyMuncher (2) Rupee (4) St. Patrick's Day 2013 Poker Chip
    Not sure if srs or just newfag... (9) Ninja Tortoise Penis DIAF St. Patrick's Day 2014 Cool Kid (6) Cook (4) Heidy (17) Halloween 2013 Village Drunk (8)
    Voluntaryist (3) We Are Legion (4) Penguin (9)

n4n0 Legend
    Village Drunk Legendary Heavenly Highly Respected

In regards to this. The infractions won't just disappear because we still use the "Expired" infractions to keep track of who's been consistently breaking rules. When the infraction expires, the infraction points no longer count against you. That's all that you should worry about.

< Suggestions for Gold Buying Section | Runescape Clan Directory >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest

Adblock breaks this site