Adblock breaks this site

My new Gaming Rig - Suggestions/Comments Needed

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Mettalic, Oct 13, 2007.

  1. Mettalic

    Mettalic Forum Addict

    Joined:
    May 10, 2005
    Posts:
    364
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    My new Gaming Rig - Suggestions/Comments Needed

    Deleted.
     
  2. peanuts

    peanuts Guru
    Banned

    Joined:
    May 29, 2007
    Posts:
    1,492
    Referrals:
    1
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    My new Gaming Rig - Suggestions/Comments Needed

    ok nice if you did buy that but thats not even a confirm order screen its just the shopping cart but nice rig either way.
     
  3. chr1$

    chr1$ Grand Master

    Joined:
    Dec 3, 2005
    Posts:
    2,026
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    86
    Discord Username:
    Chr1$
    My new Gaming Rig - Suggestions/Comments Needed

    Very nice setup you got going there. Im sure games will look supah 1337 on that rig. Mind telling me what part of australia??? *plans to l00t rig once its delivered* Lolz J/K
     
  4. Gerardcon

    Gerardcon Forum Addict

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2007
    Posts:
    355
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    My new Gaming Rig - Suggestions/Comments Needed

    No Quad Core Processor? You'll regret it when games start to get multithreaded a year or so down the road.

    And the 64-bit version of windows is noticeably slower than the 32-bit version even with 4 gigs of memory. =/


    Regardless I'm jealous
     
  5. Swan

    Swan When They Cry...
    Retired Global Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2007
    Posts:
    4,957
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Sythe's 10th Anniversary Member of the Month Winner
    My new Gaming Rig - Suggestions/Comments Needed

    ...

    I see you want to waste all of your money on expensive parts.

    I have:

    Standard PS/2 Keyboard
    BenQ 19" wide screen
    Microsoft Razer Habu 2000DPI High precision USB Mouse
    Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium
    1GB DDR2 RAM
    AMD Athlon X2 4200+ Dual core, 3DNow, MMX (2 CPUs)
    nVidia GeForce 7600GT 256MB cache
    Logitech 5.1 Surround
    Logitech Headset
    Soprano Thermaltake Black case
    M2N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard
    Standard DVD-R Burner
    Standard 3 1/2 inch floppy drive

    For under $1500, and this was a year or so ago. Runs most games as smoothly as I could want, and who cares about the newer games? I get quite a few hours on CSS daily now, and I really only play that, UT, and Oblivion. So I don't feel the need to upgrade any time soon ;)

    I also program a lot, but seeing as I'm converting to Java, I'm using my Linux laptop which is like 3 years old, which has Fedora and Ubuntu installed on two separate hard drives. Works well for how old it is. It all depends on what you're going to use it for most.

    I thought I was going to use my PC more for gaming, but it turns out I program and browse the internet more. I still download a fair amount of games those, and I play a lot of CS.

    Nice specs, although you shouldn't bother buying terribly great things unless you feel the need to buy them. Had I maxed out my PC I'd be in debt for a couple of years most likely rofl. I recommend you spare your money, you never know when you might need it.
     
  6. Damien0124

    Damien0124 Guru
    Banned

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2006
    Posts:
    1,851
    Referrals:
    1
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    My new Gaming Rig - Suggestions/Comments Needed

    /looks to that amazing graphic card and wanks

    *fap fap fap*

    xD
     
< Buying pin. 1.1 m, willing to use MM. | spending 50m on pures >


 
 
Adblock breaks this site