Adblock breaks this site

Marijuana.

Discussion in 'Something For All' started by iMattJ, Mar 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. that tank kid

    that tank kid Badass
    Banned

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2010
    Posts:
    1,154
    Referrals:
    1
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Marijuana.

    Matt I don't see how the positives outweigh the negatives, If they did, would it not be legal?

    It would lessen the abuse of alcohol and nicotine because there would be another drug to freely abuse, spreading it over the three. The money spent on the upkeep of the "old ages marijuana laws" would be used to pay for the health issues of long term users of cannibus.
     
  2. Sgroi

    Sgroi Guru

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2008
    Posts:
    1,052
    Referrals:
    1
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Marijuana.

    Of course it should be legalized, the main reason I believe it should be is the illegal trade of this harmless herb is funding a lot of lazy ass people to sit around and smoke weed all day.
     
  3. chr0n r4ng3r

    chr0n r4ng3r Forum Addict

    Joined:
    May 24, 2009
    Posts:
    620
    Referrals:
    3
    Sythe Gold:
    10
    Marijuana.

    Im pro marijuana! Ahh i love being stoned:)
     
  4. Pokerking88

    Pokerking88 Hero
    Banned

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2010
    Posts:
    5,014
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Marijuana.

    It's positives far outway its negatives. Like its been said, noone has ever directly died from this plant, and it is so much safer than drinking or smoking ciggaretes.
    Plus it would give a huge economic boost.
     
  5. cosican

    cosican Forum Addict
    Banned

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2010
    Posts:
    330
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Marijuana.

    I really think it shouldn't then everyone would be stoned you could drive your car etc.
     
  6. Crucifixed

    Crucifixed Apprentice
    Banned

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2008
    Posts:
    744
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Marijuana.

    At least there would be less fatalities per accident. I know I drive slow as shit when I'm blown. I agree with everyone above, it'd boost the economy, less drunks, etc.

    It's all about regulation really. The government can regulate alcohol/tobacco so they sell it. Millions of private people grow weed, the government can't control it, it becomes illegal. If the government could have most of the power over the distribution of the plant, I assure you it'd be legal. Why do you think so much time is spent by the government on drugs? They can't control it and dealers make pure profit off it without taxes.
     
  7. iMattJ

    iMattJ Swag So Official.
    Banned

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2011
    Posts:
    549
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Marijuana.

    What health issues, emphysema? It would lessen the use of the other 2 because there are few, if any, bad effects to smoking weed.

    To answer your first question, it's still illegal because of the big people (government) not accepting the truths about it, and instead choosing to stay in the dark, or just deny deny deny, like yourself. People making false claims about addictiveness, not accepting the proven medicinal uses, making false claims that it is a gateway drug, connecting it to bad lifestyles, etc. etc. etc.
     
  8. that tank kid

    that tank kid Badass
    Banned

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2010
    Posts:
    1,154
    Referrals:
    1
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Marijuana.

    There are health issues, If you can't see that your just being ignorant,

    They are "big" people for a reason, they're not just a bunch of dickheads that try to make everyone suffer... They do what they do because they are trying to benefit the public, It is addictive like any drug, you hear people say " I can quit, but i don't want to because I like it" Thats addiction,

    Please state the proven medical uses, I don't think there are any proven but pain relief,

    Well connecting it to bad lifestyles, alot of "older" people I have seen that have smoked since the age of 15 up until now when they are 30-40 year olds, their lives are shit, they struggle to pay their bills and scrape up their change for a 50 a week. EVERY person I have ever got this drug from, they live in a complete mess, I don't think I have ever met a successful person that uses marijuana on a day to day basis. So the way I see it yes, It can contribute to a bad lifestyle.

    As I said I have no problems with it being used, I just sincerely don't believe this would benefit the public if it were legal.
     
  9. Jenka

    Jenka Active Member

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2011
    Posts:
    170
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Marijuana.

    do you guys even know why it was illegalized in the first place?

    it was because it made white women want to have sex with black guys....

    you cant really argue with that one can ya.

    besides that, our forefounders smoked weed.. and if you were a farmer, they made it illegal NOT to grow it...
     
  10. iMattJ

    iMattJ Swag So Official.
    Banned

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2011
    Posts:
    549
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Marijuana.

    And Xbox is addicting to little kids too, but I hear no stir about that.

    Pain relief for chronic problems isn't enough? You act like pain relief for a cancer patient isn't a more than enough reason.

    As far as bad lifestyles go, you're again generalizing. You're looking at the bad people. You don't talk about people with normal lives that smoke because, :eek: you can't tell who they are! And, if you drink alcohol EVERYDAY, your life is going to be shit too. What do you expect from an everyday user?

    If you don't think it would benefit, you're blind. You present no argument against it, just like the government.

    Yeah, that's what I was talking about with "bad lifestyles", lol.

    And, of course our constitution is printed on weed, so. :3
     
  11. Pakistani

    Pakistani Fast and Cheap Questing - 350+ Vouches
    $50 USD Donor New

    Joined:
    May 31, 2010
    Posts:
    2,549
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    184
    Marijuana.

    I would like to see it legalized IF the affects on health are less than alcohol.

    But if alcohol is so bad for you why is it legal?
     
  12. iMattJ

    iMattJ Swag So Official.
    Banned

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2011
    Posts:
    549
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Marijuana.

    Because of the almighty dollar. The tax revenue.

    That being said, both alcohol and nicotine meet the governments requirements for "illegal drugs", by being harmful and having no medicinal value.

    And THAT being said, marijuana hasn't been legalized yet, because hemp will replace wood for making paper, and cotton for textiles, among other things.
     
  13. wydpur3

    wydpur3 Member

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2009
    Posts:
    61
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Marijuana.

    Smoke it or don't it's all up to the person. You know the consequences(Legal not health related) No sense in bullshitting about it
     
  14. wydpur3

    wydpur3 Member

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2009
    Posts:
    61
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Marijuana.

    Because it can be taxed and because the effects on prohibition were already evealuated in the 1920s when drunk men came home and beat their wives


    Prohibition=Increased organized crime rate less government revenue more health issues.

    Legal= less crime more gvt revenue less health issues but more drunks and yes i do believe pot is healthier


    Why i believe it is healthier- Alcohol speed heroin and all that shit stays in your body for only a few days because the body recognizes it as a poisonous substance. Pot is stored in fat cells because the body recognizes it as a nutritional substance.
     
  15. Bliss Vi

    Bliss Vi Active Member

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2011
    Posts:
    159
    Referrals:
    1
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Marijuana.

    This is a iffy topic.

    Most people that are pro-marijuana say it's a "plant".

    But, if you look up the word "drug" on a dictionary, you will come up with something like this:

    A drug, broadly speaking, is any substance that, when absorbed into the body of a living organism, alters normal bodily function. There is no single, precise definition, as there are different meanings in drug control law, government regulations, medicine, and colloquial usage.

    So, marijuana is in fact, both.

    It's illegal for reasons. Not much we can do about it. They have been trying to get marijuana legalize for what? 100 years? If not more?
     
  16. malakadang

    malakadang Hero
    malakadang Donor Retired Global Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2011
    Posts:
    5,679
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    900
    Discord Unique ID:
    220842789083152384
    Discord Username:
    malakadang#3473
    Two Factor Authentication User Easter 2013 Doge Community Participant
    Marijuana.

    I agree with alot of people saying:

    Marajuana is bad for you, it can kill you, it's addictive, yadiyadi ya.

    So what?
    Just because you make something illegal, doesn't mean you will stop people from using it, or doing it.
    Take speeding for example, or any other drug, or even prostitution in America.

    The best thing you should do is make it LEGAL, and regulate it, even tax it.
     
  17. monk65

    monk65 Forum Addict

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2010
    Posts:
    436
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Marijuana.

    I am Straight Edge, but I definitely have no problem at all with pot.

    But the same with alcohol, have an age where you can smoke it legally.
     
  18. Pursuit Of Happiness

    Pursuit Of Happiness Forum Addict

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2010
    Posts:
    613
    Referrals:
    2
    Sythe Gold:
    5
    Marijuana.

    I support the legalization completely, and smoke it pretty often, usually daily but it depends on shit,and you guys are wrong it's a drug. Just not a very harmful drug...
     
  19. Pursuit Of Happiness

    Pursuit Of Happiness Forum Addict

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2010
    Posts:
    613
    Referrals:
    2
    Sythe Gold:
    5
    Marijuana.

    It helps with chronic pain, migranes, ADD, ADHD, cancer, insomnia, narcolepsy and there's some more I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting.
     
  20. that tank kid

    that tank kid Badass
    Banned

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2010
    Posts:
    1,154
    Referrals:
    1
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Marijuana.

    You don't think there are legal alternatives to help these conditions?

    Last time I checked xbox wasn't an illicit drug, thats why you hear no stir.

    Yeah It is pain relief, But there are legal alternatives, you don't need to suck a bong.

    Yet If you were to survey 100's of business owners, I guarentee you less then 1% of them would smoke on a daily, even weekly basis, although I have no proof, which you are correct.

    I believe there was a vote in the USA in a state where ALOT of people use this drug, it was voted against, If I have no valid argument, just like the government, and the majority of the public, they are just voting against it just to piss stoners off, Yeah ok..

    Once again if I didn't have a valid argument, It would be legal,
     
< Can humans create a perfect government? | Antimatter Spacecraft Propulsion The Future Is Now (CENSORED BY YOUTUBE) >
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.


 
 
Adblock breaks this site