Make the following 1 thread per section

Discussion in 'Denied Suggestions' started by Pikachu, Feb 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unread #1 - Feb 3, 2017 at 5:31 PM
  2. Pikachu
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    __pikachu
    Verified Ironman I saw Matthew Member of the Month Winner Detective Toast Wallet User
    Sythe's 15th Anniversary Nitro Booster (2) Two Factor Authentication User Christmas 2023 Poképedia Valentine's Day 2021 Valentine's Day 2020 Valentine's Day 2019 Torchbearer 2016 Pokémon Trainer
    Easter 2017 Easter 2016 Christmas 2022 Christmas 2021 Halloween 2022 St. Patrick's Day 2017 Christmas 2016 MushyMuncher Summer 2022 (2) The Glizz

Pikachu Runewager.com - Osrs Gambling
    Market Moderators Bond Holder CDT Member Our Community Moderators

Digital Currency and Non-Game Sales (If your bond holder allow 2 threads)
    Software Services

Not much to say about this as their market sections don't feel it fair people can have two threads.

EDIT: IF ANYONE CAN FIND MORE SECTION PLEASE ADD THEM, not very fun for me to look for them seeing as I can't post on them and have to go on another browser to see them.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  3. Unread #2 - Feb 3, 2017 at 5:38 PM
  4. Dunworry
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    andrew7548
    In Memory of Jon Former OMM Dragon Claws

Dunworry Reality is perception
    Retired Global Moderator Dunworry2 Donor

sure. RSPS section was required to combine their threads, dont see why

5. Unread #3 - Feb 3, 2017 at 10:30 PM
  6. Pain
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Pain Formerly known as Divine
    Banned

There was a ruling back in the day that said stickys don't count as your 1 thread, and I absolutely agree with that old ruling.

R2pleasent has a sticky in the gold selling section about gold selling rules, what are you going to do, make him delete his actual gold selling thread so the sticky stays?

Why would anyone having a sticky in a section count as their 1 thread? What are they going to do, merge their bond holder threads and their buying bitcoin threads and every digital currency thread they have into their sticky? Then people will complain that its giving them a unfair market advantage because their market thread is stickied.

That's regarding point #1 of you saying because ur a bond holder, you get a sticky + a normal thread, considering bond holders are for donations for the site, I absolutely think they should be able to have a separate thread besides the sticky.

Point #2 regarding software services I just disagree with, I HATE limiting sections to 1 thread per section, it REALLY makes the site feel dead, software services is already slow or dead at best, cutting out a bunch of threads just discourages activity, nobody posts in RS misc because its dead, its even more profitable to post in the SF then it(from what I can tell), you don't want to kill threads, theres literally posts in software services from 2 months ago on page 1 eliminating threads when a section is that slow, is bad. Also for software services and most of the other sections like this, the 1st page doesn't even have active threads on it, so why do we need to scrape the 2 people have? It doesn't even effect ur browsing experience, u don't even have to move ur mouse to look at what threads are active in that section.

The RSPS section is different because u'd have 6 pages of active threads, but for the sections you linked, I say let them be, don't kill the sections so you don't have to scroll down, that's just killing potential activity in that section based on someones site browsing laziness.

No support for either point.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  7. Unread #4 - Jun 2, 2017 at 7:04 PM
  8. Hahanerd
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Hahanerd
    Former OMM Pool Shark (2) Detective Two Factor Authentication User Nitro Booster In Memory of Jon Rio 2016 Community Participant

Hahanerd sportsisland.org - RSGP & Crypto Betting
    Market Moderators Our Community Moderators Support Center Moderators Off Topic Moderators

Software Services section is not as active so if there are threads for two completely different services, it can be allowed. That's usually a general rule that we sort of take on case by case.

As far as the Digital Currency section goes, there is a part where the number of threads you can post must be limited. Refer here: https://www.sythe.org/posts/20085672/

As far as individual stickies are concerned, I don't believe there is a need for it.

< RSPS Staff Skype List / IP List / Sythe List | [original owner recovery myth] >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Adblock breaks this site