How to prevent any more losses?

Discussion in 'CS:GO Discussion' started by Wortel, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Unread #1 - Nov 22, 2019 at 9:17 PM
  2. Wortel
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Carrot Sythe's 15th Anniversary (2)
    Detective Two Factor Authentication User OG Club SytheSteamer WoW Classic Member of the Month Winner Photography Competition Winner I saw Matthew In Memory of Jon
    May the 4th Be With You Member of the Quarter Winner

Wortel Strive not to be a success, rather be of value.
    Wortel Donor Ghost Face Retired Global Moderator

Basically few months ago I spent like 1k in CSGO skins. I’ve put some money on Skinbaron, bought Dota2 skins and sold them on CSMoney for profit. Bought and switched skins from there many times with the knowledge I’d make some loss but it was easy. Had fun playing with them but kept on facing issues with my PC and realised that 1k is actually quite a bit of money. After that I realised I might aswell sell it all. I’ve converted all of my skins into one pair of gloves on CSMoney which I intended to sell on Skinbaron. Put them up there but saw they went for like 500€ or so. Also noticed that Skinbaron has like a 100€ fee for such prize. Therefore I put them up for like 600€ but of course they wouldn’t sell so they are back in my inventory now. They go for 450€ or so on Skinbaron now, still dropping so I might get like 300€ max out of it, which is a 700€+ loss.

Now I don’t mind some loss but this is alot. I’m not in a position to sell them for crypto so it has to be sold on a website that has bank withdrawals. DMarket has Payoneer and less fees but last I checked they aren’t very known. New Bitskins kinda sketches me out with the new owners.

I still play CSGO and I miss my skins, but logically thinking in my position the money would be of great use, if not for bills then atleast for a new computer. So yeah, what will be a wise move here?

3. Unread #2 - Nov 22, 2019 at 9:24 PM
  4. Fyrix
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    rpgstock#0777
    Torchbearer 2016 Sythe's 15th Anniversary Gohan has AIDS (5) Heidy (4) Potamus (4) Toast Wallet User SytheSteamer Nitro Booster (2) Dragon Claws Two Factor Authentication User
    Lawrence (2) Homosex (6) <3 n4n0 (3) Extreme Homosex (5)

Fyrix Discord: rpgstock#0777
    Fyrix Donor

How come you traded all your skins for that one glove? It seems like it's your choice if you want to cut your losses or not, but 100 euros for a fee is alot.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  5. Unread #3 - Nov 22, 2019 at 10:00 PM
  6. Wortel
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Detective Two Factor Authentication User OG Club SytheSteamer WoW Classic Member of the Month Winner Photography Competition Winner I saw Matthew In Memory of Jon

Because I figured trading one item on a site such as Skinbaron is better than like 50 random ones.

7. Unread #4 - Nov 24, 2019 at 8:18 AM
  8. Zoot
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Zoot#7777

Zoot Formerly known as Prayain
    Banned

Now is probably a really bad time to trade or sell skins due to the new Operation.

Not only are people trying to sell their smaller skins for the Battle pass but they will be selling/trading their bigger skins to achieve the new skins.

Things will probably stabilise in a few weeks but the sites like SkinBaron aren't made for you to profit whatsoever and are just a catalyst to cs:go spending due to the fact that it is way easier to deposit than withdraw, and because obviously the prices are user-run it's just a bad situation overall.

You could try to profit on cs.money by downgrading then upgrading to alternatives, and then repeating for profit. Might actually be a really good time to trade profit on there since people are trying to get the new skins, you might not profit as such if you're looking for a fast cash-out but a few days could decrease your overall loss and would be less of a kick in the balls. If you need some trading help on cs.money let me know.

9. Unread #5 - Nov 24, 2019 at 8:36 AM
  10. Wortel
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here

CS.Money is just where I made all my losses since there's quite a fee hidden in it regardless of how easy and user friendly it is.

11. Unread #6 - Nov 24, 2019 at 8:41 AM
  12. Zoot
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Zoot#7777

Zoot Formerly known as Prayain
    Banned

Yeah you can certainly plummet value on cs.money however there is many ways to actually profit and especially given the timing of the market now is probably a better time than the last operation, there's also Agent skins now so the market is even more volatile.
    Might be easier for you to sell privately to someone who has bank transfer in your country if you have no capacity in crypto.

13. Unread #7 - Nov 26, 2019 at 12:47 AM
  14. wa9lawy
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    SAVAGE#2275
    Two Factor Authentication User Lawrence

wa9lawy Forum Addict
    $25 USD Donor New

best odds to sell them to someone you know irl/facebook for irl money imo tbh may i ask why would you risk with gloves and not a howl/lore/serpant as these are the most demand ingame if i was in ur place i wouldent sell them tbh cause you allready lost 700$ in them just keep them . unless you find someone irl who would offer you a nice deal

15. Unread #8 - Nov 26, 2019 at 5:34 AM
  16. Wortel
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here

Well there’s a difference in losing $700 or losing $1200.

^ dudule14 and MAGZ like this.
< Valve locked key selling? | >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest

Adblock breaks this site