I'm Going to Reformat My Machine

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Fouisgras, Aug 10, 2008.

I'm Going to Reformat My Machine
  1. Unread #1 - Aug 10, 2008 at 5:08 PM
  2. Fouisgras
    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2007
    Posts:
    2,202
    Referrals:
    2
    Sythe Gold:
    0

    Fouisgras Jansen's Lover
    $5 USD Donor

    I'm Going to Reformat My Machine

    Music (iTunes/Zune)
    AVG Free
    Or Kaspersky
    Microsoft Office
    SpyHunter or Spybot for Antispyware
     
  3. Unread #2 - Aug 10, 2008 at 5:40 PM
  4. The Fat Controller
    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2007
    Posts:
    1,003
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    1

    The Fat Controller Guru

    I'm Going to Reformat My Machine

    Check these out, I have all of them installed on my machine:

    VirtuaWin
    Steam
    Thunderbird
    Windows Powershell
    coLinux
    CameraShy
    TuneUp Utilities 2008
    Imgburn
    uTorrent
    AutoGK
    Avi2Dvd
    ARToolkit
    Media Player Classic
    DVD Decrypter
    Webaroo 2

    And the best game ever: Rom Check Fail :D

    Edit: all free except TuneUp which is a 30 day trial.
     
  5. Unread #3 - Aug 10, 2008 at 6:47 PM
  6. d great one
    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2007
    Posts:
    930
    Referrals:
    2
    Sythe Gold:
    0

    d great one Apprentice

    I'm Going to Reformat My Machine

    Do not forget to install video codecs.

    Combined Community Codec

    And some image mounter

    I use Alcohol 120%
     
  7. Unread #4 - Aug 10, 2008 at 7:35 PM
  8. The Fat Controller
    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2007
    Posts:
    1,003
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    1

    The Fat Controller Guru

    I'm Going to Reformat My Machine

    VirtuaWin is for virtual desktops
    Steam is a gaming platform, you can get some free stuff on it too, it's worth checking out
    Thunderbird is a replacement for Outlook Express
    Windows Powershell is a great replacement for the command line
    coLinux is for running a Linux distribution at the same time as Windows
    CameraShy is for encrypting information into gif images
    TuneUp Utilities is a general maintenance program, very good though
    Imgburn is for burning .iso files
    AutoGK is for DivX/Xvid conversion
    Avi2Dvd converts Avis to DVD format
    ARToolkit is for making cool augmented reality things.
    Media Player Classic is the best media player
    DVD Decrypter rips DVDs
    Webaroo 2 is for storing web content like, say, the whole of Wikipedia, offline
     
  9. Unread #5 - Aug 10, 2008 at 7:37 PM
  10. wcer2552
    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2008
    Posts:
    1,462
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0

    wcer2552 Guru
    $25 USD Donor

    I'm Going to Reformat My Machine

    internet explorer
    mcafee
    FTP
     
  11. Unread #6 - Aug 10, 2008 at 7:39 PM
  12. Billyy
    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2007
    Posts:
    2,842
    Referrals:
    6
    Sythe Gold:
    0

    Billyy Guru of Ganja
    Banned

    I'm Going to Reformat My Machine

    Internet/Chat:

    AIM?

    Antivirus:

    AVG
    AntiVir
     
  13. Unread #7 - Aug 10, 2008 at 7:49 PM
  14. cp
    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2007
    Posts:
    3,278
    Referrals:
    6
    Sythe Gold:
    0

    cp an cat
    Banned

    I'm Going to Reformat My Machine

    For internet chat, get GAIM/Pidgin... It is the best client you will ever use, and will completely remove the need for multiple chat clients for multiple chat protocols...
     
  15. Unread #8 - Aug 10, 2008 at 8:23 PM
  16. Jesse
    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2008
    Posts:
    3,129
    Referrals:
    11
    Sythe Gold:
    10

    Jesse Grand Master
    Do Not Trade

    I'm Going to Reformat My Machine

    Kaspersky
    Microsoft Office
    Adobe Illustrator (on any warez site, or you can just buy it)


    I'm glad you stepped away from IE.
     
  17. Unread #9 - Aug 10, 2008 at 8:57 PM
  18. Exist2inspire
    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2007
    Posts:
    85
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0

    Exist2inspire Member

    I'm Going to Reformat My Machine

    The first few things you should install once you've reformatted your computer are the drivers. (these usually come on a CD, but if you've lost it, just google the driver your after and you should be able to download it). After you've installed the drivers, you should then install the latest service pack, if your using windows xp, it's service pack 3, which you can get from Microsoft's website.

    Lastly, You should install things like Firefox, iTunes, Windows Live Messenger, uTorrent, Nero, Regcure, CCleaner, Antivirus, WinRAR, PowerISO, Games, etc.
     
  19. Unread #10 - Aug 11, 2008 at 2:13 AM
  20. Tezlin
    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2008
    Posts:
    1,780
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0

    Tezlin Guru
    Banned

    I'm Going to Reformat My Machine

    Eh, I'm not going to check the list that everyone has posted but here's the stuff I would include in my downlods/software.

    WinRAR - Extractor/Zipper
    uTorrent - Torrent
    mIRC - IRC
    AVG - Antivirus
    Keyscrambler - Scrambles keys so keyloggers can't make head or tails of what you type.
    Spybot Search and Destroy - Spyware + Adware Killer
    Mozilla - Internet Browser
    Skype - Not sure you'd use this, but it's a cheaper way of telephone calls.
    PowerISO - You can torrent the full version, registered, but it basically allows you to mount virtual drives.
    iTunes - Music listener for your iPod
    Hypercam or Camtasia - Screen-capturing software
    Blender 3D - 3d Maker
    Pandora Recovery - Free file-recoverer, for things you've deleted.
    Google Earth? - 3D map of the world
    Hamachi - Person-to-person connection

    Those are the main things I use. But yeah. :) It's a list to think of.
     
  21. Unread #11 - Aug 11, 2008 at 2:29 AM
  22. Jansen
    Joined:
    Apr 22, 2005
    Posts:
    5,216
    Referrals:
    6
    Sythe Gold:
    14
    Discord Unique ID:
    1072865532082147429
    Discord Username:
    jan.sen.

    Jansen Retired Admin :'(
    Retired Global Moderator

    I'm Going to Reformat My Machine

    uTorrent
    Warcraft 3
    Starcraft BW
    Dreamweaver
    Flash
    Illustrator
    RivaTuner
    Ventrilo
    Daemon Tools or other similar app
    Apophysis
    Fraps
    Roller Coaster Tycoon (original)
    MS Office 2007
    Steam
    VLC/MPC
     
  23. Unread #12 - Aug 11, 2008 at 5:17 AM
  24. -kolodian-
    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2008
    Posts:
    765
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0

    -kolodian- Apprentice
    $5 USD Donor

    I'm Going to Reformat My Machine

    camtasia
     
  25. Unread #13 - Aug 11, 2008 at 8:15 AM
  26. Oephi
    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2008
    Posts:
    382
    Referrals:
    1
    Sythe Gold:
    0

    Oephi Forum Addict
    Banned

    I'm Going to Reformat My Machine

    I couldn't help but notice you don't have limewire on there Viper ;D
     
  27. Unread #14 - Aug 11, 2008 at 11:38 AM
  28. Jansen
    Joined:
    Apr 22, 2005
    Posts:
    5,216
    Referrals:
    6
    Sythe Gold:
    14
    Discord Unique ID:
    1072865532082147429
    Discord Username:
    jan.sen.

    Jansen Retired Admin :'(
    Retired Global Moderator

    I'm Going to Reformat My Machine

    limewire sucks >_<
     
  29. Unread #15 - Aug 11, 2008 at 1:11 PM
  30. Xix
    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2008
    Posts:
    1,432
    Referrals:
    1
    Sythe Gold:
    5

    Xix Fresh.
    $50 USD Donor

    I'm Going to Reformat My Machine

    Generally people don't notice this much but the Windows Defender is actually quite good, and it's free it comes with your pc :D
     
  31. Unread #16 - Aug 12, 2008 at 2:24 AM
  32. Tezlin
    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2008
    Posts:
    1,780
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0

    Tezlin Guru
    Banned

    I'm Going to Reformat My Machine

    Windows...Defender? There is a reason why people who use Windows generally prefer Antivirus software not related to Windows Standard Pack...
     
  33. Unread #17 - Aug 12, 2008 at 12:24 PM
  34. Bartaggio
    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2007
    Posts:
    681
    Referrals:
    2
    Sythe Gold:
    0

    Bartaggio Apprentice
    Banned

    I'm Going to Reformat My Machine

    For Anti Virus I'd recommend BitDefender, never failed me, never had a virus.

    and Xfire maybe? It's like MSN but it also tracks what game you're playing.

    Oh, and WinAmp, it's like Windows Media Player but far more advanced.
     
  35. Unread #18 - Aug 12, 2008 at 1:56 PM
  36. StanRoy
    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2007
    Posts:
    381
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0

    StanRoy Forum Addict
    Banned

    I'm Going to Reformat My Machine

    utorrent
    frostwire
    firefox 3
    msn live
    adobe creative suite 3
    Win SCP
    Filezilla
     
  37. Unread #19 - Aug 12, 2008 at 4:07 PM
  38. WeDoWhtWeLikeNLikeWhtWeDo
    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2007
    Posts:
    597
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    4

    WeDoWhtWeLikeNLikeWhtWeDo Forum Addict

    I'm Going to Reformat My Machine

    Defraggler - Defragmentation tool. (Made by the same people who made Ccleaner)

    Recuva - Utility tool to recover files that have been accidentally deleted from your computer. (Also made by the same people who made Ccleaner)

    HijackThis - In depth spyware scanner.

    That's all I've got for now.
     
  39. Unread #20 - Aug 13, 2008 at 9:31 PM
  40. Daily
    Joined:
    May 6, 2005
    Posts:
    4,425
    Referrals:
    18
    Sythe Gold:
    5

    Daily BANNED FROM MARKET
    Banned

    I'm Going to Reformat My Machine

    Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    .Net Framework
    Zone Alarm (or a different firewall)
     
< [PayPal] Selling Level 69 -- Great Level + 2M | [Selling] Zerker Pure! >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest


 
 
Adblock breaks this site