Adblock breaks this site

How to win a Paypal Dispute?

Discussion in 'Market Discussion' started by Jesicka, Jun 6, 2014.

  1. Jesicka

    Jesicka Active Member

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2010
    Posts:
    221
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    How to win a Paypal Dispute?

    I recently ELO Boosted a user on another forum for League of Legends and he disputed his payment. I've won like 90% of my disputes in the past but they were a long time ago and I've heard lately Paypal won't reimburse you if it was a payment for anything digital that can't be tracked. Is there anything I can reliably do/say to Paypal to assure myself the chargeback?
     
  2. Xier0

    Xier0 Legend
    $5 USD Donor New

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2013
    Posts:
    13,000
    Referrals:
    2
    Sythe Gold:
    20
    Sythe's 10th Anniversary DIAF Lawrence Member of the Month Winner Gohan has AIDS
    How to win a Paypal Dispute?

  3. Jesicka

    Jesicka Active Member

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2010
    Posts:
    221
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    How to win a Paypal Dispute?

  4. Xier0

    Xier0 Legend
    $5 USD Donor New

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2013
    Posts:
    13,000
    Referrals:
    2
    Sythe Gold:
    20
    Sythe's 10th Anniversary DIAF Lawrence Member of the Month Winner Gohan has AIDS
    How to win a Paypal Dispute?

    I don't know - I don't use paypal for precisely this reason. I would refer to the guide.
     
  5. Jesicka

    Jesicka Active Member

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2010
    Posts:
    221
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    How to win a Paypal Dispute?

    Are there any 100% safe payment methods other than Bitcoin/WU?
     
  6. Void kills

    Void kills Believe you can and you're halfway there.
    $50 USD Donor New

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2011
    Posts:
    1,733
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    39
    Sythe's 10th Anniversary
    How to win a Paypal Dispute?

    You can always use playerauctions when you deal with Paypal.
    Fees are really high though.

    9.99% + 0.99$ fee on every transaction

    IMO, its better to have the high fees than lose all the money on a potential chargeback.
     
  7. Xier0

    Xier0 Legend
    $5 USD Donor New

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2013
    Posts:
    13,000
    Referrals:
    2
    Sythe Gold:
    20
    Sythe's 10th Anniversary DIAF Lawrence Member of the Month Winner Gohan has AIDS
    How to win a Paypal Dispute?

    Moneypak, RSGP.
     
  8. Lean

    Lean Grand Master
    leanbean901 Donor Retired Global Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2012
    Posts:
    4,694
    Referrals:
    1
    Sythe Gold:
    99
    Detective Trole Pool Shark Le Kingdoms Player Member of the Month Winner
    How to win a Paypal Dispute?

    What type of charge back is it?
     
  9. LoLSmurfin

    LoLSmurfin Gonna need AT LEAST three more dads.
    Banned

    Joined:
    May 21, 2013
    Posts:
    2,295
    Referrals:
    1
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    How to win a Paypal Dispute?

    If he paid for goods/services, a simple call to PayPal can often net you the case win because they don't offer buyer protection on virtual goods. Their policy is a bit flimsy, though, so it doesn't always work (and it doesn't seem like you have proof of the buyer admitting he's bought virtual goods/services).
     
  10. CEO

    CEO Buying OSRS Service Biz
    $200 USD Donor New

    Joined:
    May 9, 2013
    Posts:
    5,528
    Referrals:
    5
    Sythe Gold:
    1,320
    Discord Unique ID:
    222503969677770752
    Discord Username:
    CEO#6986
    Verified Ironman Sythe's 10th Anniversary Extreme Homosex Potamus
    How to win a Paypal Dispute?

    I would use RSGP or Moneypak as a money method. You can sell the RSGP to trusted users and moneypaks can't be disputed.

    Post all chat logs and such and I would personally call PayPal and deal with it over the phone.
     
  11. Jesicka

    Jesicka Active Member

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2010
    Posts:
    221
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    How to win a Paypal Dispute?

    So I shouldn't have them send it as a gift/family, I should have them send as a service? I understand I have to pay fees if that happens but I won't mind paying $1 or $2 if it can give me a solid chance at calling in and winning a chargeback.
     
  12. LoLSmurfin

    LoLSmurfin Gonna need AT LEAST three more dads.
    Banned

    Joined:
    May 21, 2013
    Posts:
    2,295
    Referrals:
    1
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    How to win a Paypal Dispute?

    I've found that to be the most effective way, yeah. Unless you're boosting someone you feel you can trust - then you can just use gift to dodge some fees.

    With goods/services, though, you have to make sure you don't get pegged for nondelivery. I get people to send me an e-mail from their registered PayPal e-mail that states they've already received the service, which has worked for me in winning chargebacks before.
     
  13. Jesicka

    Jesicka Active Member

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2010
    Posts:
    221
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    How to win a Paypal Dispute?

    This sounds good :) I just got a $65 MoneyPak luckily so that's safe, but for future payments I'll ask for an E-Mail from the Paypal E-Mail plus paid via services. I've heard physically calling Paypal also boosts your chances because it shows you're putting forth an extra effort and actually care enough about the chargeback to call and deal with it.
     
  14. S

    S noobies

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2011
    Posts:
    15,907
    Referrals:
    4
    Sythe Gold:
    3,618
    Two Factor Authentication User
    How to win a Paypal Dispute?

    Contact the user who chargedback, and state you have the power to get his account banned for Boosting. If he doesn't cancel the dispute, then escalate it and contact PayPal.
     
  15. LoLSmurfin

    LoLSmurfin Gonna need AT LEAST three more dads.
    Banned

    Joined:
    May 21, 2013
    Posts:
    2,295
    Referrals:
    1
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    How to win a Paypal Dispute?

    I tend to call PayPal right away to point out that it's a virtual service sale, and that usually does it right away as it's policy in their ToS. Sometimes you get a rep that doesn't go with it, though, and you either have to work harder to find someone else or you just get screwed.

    This also works - you have his or her login information, and it'd be pretty easy to report the account for boosting. Riot does look at boosting reports, too, so it's no hollow threat.
     
  16. Jesicka

    Jesicka Active Member

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2010
    Posts:
    221
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    How to win a Paypal Dispute?

    So Moneypak is 100% irreversible, correct?
     
  17. Jesicka

    Jesicka Active Member

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2010
    Posts:
    221
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    How to win a Paypal Dispute?

    And on that note, can anyone give me a summary about the Paypal MyCash card? Is that 100% irreversible as well?
     
  18. Divica

    Divica DIVICASALES - PAY NOW, PLAY NOW
    Divica Donor

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2013
    Posts:
    18,895
    Referrals:
    2
    Sythe Gold:
    7,656
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    593627982573207595
    Discord Username:
    Chicks#9999
    Two Factor Authentication User Supporting Business In Memory of Jon Top Striker
    How to win a Paypal Dispute?

    They're pretty much the same thing, they go to a store and buy a moneypak/mycash, it has a code on the back, they give you the code, you redeem it into your PayPal account (only US residents can redeem them). They are irreversible yes.
     
  19. xadamo3x

    xadamo3x Member
    Banned

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2014
    Posts:
    97
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    How to win a Paypal Dispute?

    I won a charge back by posting screenshots of my chat logs. I never expected in a million years to win it, but they ruled in my favour a $170 trade. Make sure you keep your chat logs guys!
     
  20. ConnorP

    ConnorP Powerleveling All 07 Skills PM For Quote
    Banned

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2012
    Posts:
    4,013
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    How to win a Paypal Dispute?

    WU/Bitcoin/Moneypak will never get chargedback
     
< Looking to start membership shop | Selling my account on bizcom affiliate! >


 
 
Adblock breaks this site