Adblock breaks this site

How do I unlock an iPhone 5 to any network?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Mr.cettz, Mar 6, 2014.

  1. Mr.cettz

    Mr.cettz Forum Addict
    $5 USD Donor New

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2011
    Posts:
    361
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    How do I unlock an iPhone 5 to any network?

    Couldn't I just buy a code online to unlock the phone?
     
  2. Twinks4cash

    Twinks4cash Member
    Banned

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2014
    Posts:
    33
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    How do I unlock an iPhone 5 to any network?

    nope, those things are bs. You need factory unlock, if the phone was stolen, or not out of contract and swapped out you can't get factory unlock not can you get international unlock. You can try one of the online unlock companies... doubt it will work though.
     
  3. szskateman22

    szskateman22 Oh My Goat.
    $200 USD Donor New

    Joined:
    May 10, 2011
    Posts:
    1,533
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    11
    St. Patrick's Day 2013 SytheSteamer Doge Two Factor Authentication User
    How do I unlock an iPhone 5 to any network?

    Unlocking a phone is impossible, unless it came factory unlocked. When someone tells you that their phone is "unlocked" it generally means it is unlocked with a specific service provider.

    Now there is some caveat to this - if it's on a GSM network, you MAY be able to find the service provider in your area and request that they look at it/activate it.

    Also, iPhone 5 has SIM cards that you can remove (carefully) - SIM cards are what's used to activate the phone if I remember correctly...

    Apparently Verizon's phones came unlocked without them having a plan on actually locking the phone to the provider. See here: http://www.macrumors.com/2012/09/24...s-required-by-fcc-network-access-regulations/

    Anyways, I don't know much about this aside from the basics and what I can research from my computer.
     
  4. Rs Sora

    Rs Sora Active Member
    Banned

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2014
    Posts:
    149
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    How do I unlock an iPhone 5 to any network?

    take it to a phone shop they can do for sure, also if you google it there are some sites that do it online aswell they only ask for imei
     
  5. Fazdam

    Fazdam Active Member
    Banned

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2014
    Posts:
    123
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    How do I unlock an iPhone 5 to any network?

    Cdma models cannot be unlocked.
    if not cdma take to local phone shop they will charge about $50 and do it
     
  6. James

    James OK, Just a little pinprick-There'll be no more-ah!
    Village Drunk Retired Sectional Moderator

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2007
    Posts:
    7,744
    Referrals:
    18
    Sythe Gold:
    78
    Facebook Promoter Sythe RSPS Player St. Patrick's Day 2013 Heidy Easter 2013 Oktoberfest 2013 Sythe's 10th Anniversary Tier 1 Prizebox St. Patrick's Day 2014 Tortoise Penis
    Halloween 2013
    How do I unlock an iPhone 5 to any network?

    Jailbreaking is a legal act and can therefore be discussed on Sythe.
     
< Tangerine Personal Finance | Unigine Vally Benchmarks Scores >


 
 
Adblock breaks this site