Free Weight Lifting Guide

Discussion in 'Guides Archive' started by stelthebell, Sep 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unread #1 - Sep 25, 2012 at 8:07 PM
  2. stelthebell
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

stelthebell Member

Hi guys i noticed there is no info on here for people who need to train in the gym, ive been training for a good few years and i live with my cousin who is a personal trainer, i hope this info helps

First we must understand the process which takes place when you train, when we lift weights we rip our muscles, with the intent of them being stronger and bigger when it repairs.
    Protein: Helps your muscles recover when they have been torn, that is why you should always leave a day of recovery (no training) after a gym session.

You can only take in about 40 grams of protein at each sit in, but you should be having protein throughout the day, protein shakes do help, they help you get your protein fix with no hassle. I recommend drinking it with water as it has less fat content..
    There are different types, i also reccommend ones which have amino acids in them.
    I do not recommend drinking creatine though as its not that good for your liver...
    Tins of tuna and other fish is really good for training, they have virtually purely protein and them good fish oils which are excellent for brain function and that energy.
    Carbs = energy. I recommend eating GOOD carbs (these include brown bread, brown rice, etc.) and GOOD fats (this includes fats from nuts and fish, very nice omega 3 and 6. This will give you more energy and put in that extra effort when in the gym. Be careful about eating too much carbs though, it will not be good news if your trying to get that ripped 6pack!
    A tin of protein has typically 25g of protein in each tin and less than a gram of carbs and fat, it is a super food! Also its one of the few foods in this society which havent been tampered with so your getting fresh fish.

Try and drink a lot of water throughout the day, this helps for so many different things, it will help flush your insides and really have an edge. Your skin, major organs, everything will be in better condition.
    Theres a reason why people in china drink so much green tea after a meal, it helps you flush any oils through your system and is generally good for your insides and digestion, these are really important when your training because of the straining you do at the gym. It will help stop problems arising at a later date such as piles..

To train Tricep and Chest, (my favourite exercise :D) bench press is the best! It helps your power grow, tricep and chest are the best punching muscles aswell so it is practical.
    Dips are really good for stomach, shoulders, chest, tricep, these are a really useful exercise and i recommend doing them in between sets of weights. The more often you do them, the more easier it gets until it is easier than jogging.

Bench Incline is good for chest, tricep and shoulders which is a really good exercise, helps you have that upside down V shape on your shoulders. Another good exercise for shoulders and tricep is rowing with weights on a bar, if you need me to explain further tell me and i will try lol. This helps your chest and arms swell to a nice size!

Situps are very important for your 6pack! they help you get that V shape aswell, it really attracts the chicks haha. Do your situps! you can do these every day as your stomach muscles repair faster.

Bicep: curling is really good for bicep, you can do concentration on bicep by using the dunbells or you can do chest aswell by using the bigger bar. Pullups are good way of doing bicep aswell.

Dont neglect them leg exercises! your legs are very powerful and practical tools, plus you dont want to look like arnold schwartzneger with the legs of russel brand.

Dont forget to breath when your training!! it will stop you injuring yourself or getting a hernia.

this is quite a brief guide, if you guys have any questions then post away and i will try and answer them, i will update it when i think of more stuff to put in.

happy training people!!

3. Unread #2 - Sep 25, 2012 at 8:08 PM
  4. Hostblapstat
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Hostblapstat Guru
    $5 USD Donor New

Thank's for this guide, I started weight lifting and im sure this will help me out.

5. Unread #3 - Sep 25, 2012 at 8:15 PM
  6. stelthebell
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

stelthebell Member

thanks man hope it helps

7. Unread #4 - Sep 26, 2012 at 2:17 AM
  8. Saiyn
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Saiyn Forum Addict
    Banned

Yeah I just started lifting as well. Guide is useful, but if i'm starting to gain muscle should I buy supplements?

9. Unread #5 - Sep 26, 2012 at 2:52 AM
  10. blazee
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Pokémon Trainer

blazee Guru
    Mudkips

Some of your information is wrong.

Studies have been conducted to show that creatine has no negative impacts on your body, only positive ones WHEN taken in moderation (obviously). 5g-10g of creatine will not effect your liver at all - but when consuming 50g it will harm your body. However that's like many other foods and supplements.

Carbs do not equal energy. Calories is the unit of measure for energy.

11. Unread #6 - Sep 26, 2012 at 4:03 AM
  12. kmjt
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

kmjt -.- The nocturnal life chose me -.-
    Banned

Don't fix what isn't broken; if you are getting results stick to the plan you are currently using.

13. Unread #7 - Sep 26, 2012 at 4:06 AM
  14. Saiyn
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Saiyn Forum Addict
    Banned

I haven't fully started. I'm 16 nearly 17 and I'm a slim build for my age, 55kg, I'm lifting some weights at home 4.5kg each hand. But I was wondering since I want fast results should I buy supplements to increase the speed.

Ps. I was thinking of going to the gym when I get some more muscle.

15. Unread #8 - Sep 26, 2012 at 4:09 AM
  16. blazee
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Pokémon Trainer

blazee Guru
    Mudkips

How tall are you?

Home gyms are rarely as effective as a proper gym, simply because most people don't have sufficient equipment.

17. Unread #9 - Sep 26, 2012 at 3:00 PM
  18. stelthebell
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

stelthebell Member

Suppliments like protein shakes do help you grow even more, although if your eating a LOT of protein in your food then the shakes will not do much..

please link me to the study which says creatine is safe? i have spoke to several health professionals at holland and barrats which say that it is harmful if you exceed the dosage but also if you take it every day, which is what people usually do with it. However if you drink enough water daily then it flushes the liver but it is still a risk.
    Carbs are a good source of energy, you can only get certain energy from fats and carbs, please do not post if you do not know what your talking about

The protein shakes will help you out man, however suppliments are no shortcut though, you get out of it however much effort you put in, do 50 pressups a day and keep doing your weights at home for now, you'll get bigger and stronger in no time. Good luck with the training!

19. Unread #10 - Sep 26, 2012 at 3:15 PM
  20. MrChow
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

MrChow Member
    Banned

Im going to try this. Any guides on losing a muffin top?

21. Unread #11 - Sep 26, 2012 at 3:35 PM
  22. stelthebell
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

stelthebell Member

situps will really help with this, and if you try to jog a few times a week, this will speed up your metabolism. If your hungry at night, try not to eat bread or potatos as these will sit on your stomach, just being generally more active in the day and eating healthier you will see a significant change.
    And i cant stress enough, situps!!! these really do help.

Also i watched a documentary on this, and drinking 1 glass of milk a day absorbs a small amount of fat that you've ingested which then comes out in your poo. Fun fact lol.

23. Unread #12 - Sep 26, 2012 at 5:38 PM
  24. blazee
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Pokémon Trainer

blazee Guru
    Mudkips

Protein shakes only help you hit your daily need of protein. You can drink them all you like but if you're not hitting your recommended protein intake - they won't work.

You obviously haven't spoken to health professionals because If a 15 year old knows it's safe, you haven't done your research. Everything is harmful if you exceed the dosage so your post is invalid, taking 3g-5g of creatine per day will not stuff up your liver or kidneys. People say drink heaps of water when taking creatine to make sure you don't experience stomach cramping. Creatine can usually be cycled, so you can take it for 8 weeks straight, then 2 weeks off. They do this so your body doesn't adapt and reply on the supplement, not because of health hazards.

50 press ups a day (what's a press up), everyday, will not make you bigger and stronger. The key to getting bigger and stronger is progressive overload which means gradually putting up the weight and/or reps after every few workouts. Also, 50 reps is way to much if you're aiming to build muscle, doing 50 reps is training more for muscle endurance than hypertrophy.

You can't target fat loss in specific areas. Lowering your body fat percentage will make you lose fat all together, Doing ab workouts and eating at a calorie deficit will make you lose the weight and make your abdominal muscles more noticeable.

Eating no carbs after X time is bullshit. Your body is still functioning and burning calories when your asleep so it doesn't matter what you eat before going to bed because it's not going to turn to "store as fat"

Your metabolism isn't effected by meal frequency. The main factor in determining metabolic rate is the calorie intake on a daily basis.

25. Unread #13 - Sep 26, 2012 at 6:12 PM
  26. stelthebell
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

stelthebell Member

You've only said your opinion, still no studys which you were talking about?? where is this evidence you stated?

50 pressups a day to help his strength as he just started, everybody should be doing this anyway regardless of training? you are really misinformed.

you can train your stomach muscles through situps which help to show definition through the muffin top, and it is an exercise (as any exercise) which will speed up your metabolism.
    I have to quote this extremely stupid quote. "The main factor in determining metabolic rate is the calorie intake on a daily basis"
    So this means that however much exercise you do in a day will not speed up your metabolism?

You must be 15 then if you are trying to type these points to me, 100% of your points are stupid and misinformed, this must be a joke or your a troll who has issues because all you are trying to do is fault my guide to help people, you are like one of them people who nobody wants on this earth.

If you are going to comment, please for the love of god speak sense or you will look even more stupid than you are right now.
    Sorry for being harsh but little noobs like you really dont know what they are talking about.

I have been training for at least 5-6 years and i can bet you have never been in the gym. I welcome everyone on this thread except for you as i cant see anything good coming from your posts except for you trying to start arguments you know nothing about

27. Unread #14 - Sep 26, 2012 at 6:25 PM
  28. blazee
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Pokémon Trainer

blazee Guru
    Mudkips

If you've been training for 5-6 years - you're doing it wrong. Why are you judging someone upon their age according to their age.

Sources:
    http://www.daneiden.com/articles/can-i-target-fat-loss-to-a-specific-area-like-my-stomach/
    http://www.crankyfitness.com/2009/01/strength-training-for-beginners.html
    https://www.creators.com/health/dav...-intake-affects-metabolism-and-longevity.html
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112484941&page=1

Tell me where you found your information...

29. Unread #15 - Sep 26, 2012 at 7:08 PM
  30. stelthebell
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

stelthebell Member

http://www.daneiden.com/articles/can-i-target-fat-loss-to-a-specific-area-like-my-stomach/

This link you posted supports what i said, and doing sit ups helps lose overall bodyfat, but the part that helps you from what i said earlier is the definition from the stomach muscles growing from the situps, the more you train them and the more you lose fat, they will be able to show better. So thanks for that link to support me.

http://www.crankyfitness.com/2009/01/strength-training-for-beginners.html
    I dont know where you were going with this link, its a good read though

https://www.creators.com/health/dav...-intake-affects-metabolism-and-longevity.html
    Yea this link you posted says exactly what i said, but you said calories are the main factor. This is not true because exercise has a BIG part in the speed of your metabolism. Fat people = no exercise. Really man this is common sense.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112484941&page=1
    Nice link, a random person posting haha. Also he doesn't say it is safe. Now heres a proper link,
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/419582-dangerous-effects-of-creatine/

just posting a few random links does nothing for your argument? please go to school and learn, or just stop being dumb sometimes man, nobody likes a troll online, and ive got my information from talking and training with health professionals, family who are personal trainers, my best friends who are in the gym all day, years of research online.
    Your acting like the little kid that you are, age does apply here

31. Unread #16 - Oct 5, 2012 at 2:07 PM
  32. Oah
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Oah Newcomer

33. Unread #17 - Oct 5, 2012 at 9:24 PM
  34. Jeff
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Two Factor Authentication User MushyMuncher Christmas 2014 Christmas 2015 Easter 2016 Sythe's 10th Anniversary Pizza Muncher Homosex Extreme Homosex SytheSteamer
    Lawrence

Jeff Previously named: Jeff.

All I'm going to say is that a few of those beginning points you stated is misleading.

Good effort though.

35. Unread #18 - Oct 6, 2012 at 12:14 AM
  36. Deathsnova
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Deathsnova Can we take it back to the time when I wasn't aware.
    Competition Winner $50 USD Donor New Trade With Caution

This was a good guide! The reason there is no Health and fitness section is because the audience is mainly children who dont really know anything.
    Just ignore the trolls above, they are kids and only have misleading information they found on bodybuilding.com, ect.

I thoroughly enjoyed your guide and agree with it, finally someone with real information and none of this 'Hurr durr protein dat feel zyzz' crap. Just report the Children above as spam if you want there crap removed,

8/10.

37. Unread #19 - Oct 6, 2012 at 12:23 AM
  38. blazee
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Pokémon Trainer

blazee Guru
    Mudkips

It's not supporting you. You're trying to tell me you can lose fat in specific areas where the source says you can't. YOU CANNOT LOOSE BODYFAT UNLESS YOUR EATING AT A CALORIE DEFICIT. IT'S NOT THE MORE YOU TRAIN THE MORE FAT YOU LOSE.

Read it. ""Start off twice a week (remember, we are setting ourselves up for success!) doing only two sets per exercise at a weight where you can complete 12-15 repetitions the first set without struggle and 10-12 repetitions the last set and feel *challenged* but not in pain." Training for 50 repetitions is stupid if your aiming for strength and/or hypertrophy.

Calories in and calories out is the main factor contributing to metabolic rate. Fat people are fat because they eat too much, not because they have a slow metabolism. They could have the fastest metabolism but if they're still eating too much they're going to be fat.

A random person posted it but it was sticky'd because the information is true. The link you posted agrees with what I'm saying. Nowhere there does it say Creatine is not safe and can damage your kidneys or liver.

just posting a few random links does nothing for your argument? please go to school and learn, or just stop being dumb sometimes man, nobody likes a troll online, and ive got my information from talking and training with health professionals, family who are personal trainers, my best friends who are in the gym all day, years of research online.
    Your acting like the little kid that you are, age does apply here

What the fuck are you talking about?

No the guide is not good, it's extremely misleading and provides minimal factual information.

39. Unread #20 - Oct 6, 2012 at 12:35 AM
  40. Deathsnova
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Deathsnova Can we take it back to the time when I wasn't aware.
    Competition Winner $50 USD Donor New Trade With Caution

Blaze maybe you should sit this one out, you are 15 and don't really know anything about the subject, you THINK you do, you THINK you know whats best, but what youve heard is misleading crap from bodybuilding forums and /fit/ and it doesn't make any logical sense. I suggest you stop thread hijacking this guy, you've made your point that you don't agree, now stop telling off everyone else he's trying to help, make your own thread if you want to misinform people and leave this one alone.

< How to Make 5 - 10$ A Day on your iDevice! | [Free] How to Gain FREE Giftcards. [Check it out] >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Adblock breaks this site