Adblock breaks this site

Do Rune Tanks Own DDS Pures?

Discussion in 'RuneScape Miscellaneous' started by ruffstallion, Sep 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffstallion

    ruffstallion Active Member
    Banned

    Joined:
    Oct 12, 2009
    Posts:
    111
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Do Rune Tanks Own DDS Pures?

    I see alot of lvl 70-75 dds/d claw pures running around in BH, so I thought, there has to be a way to beat them. So I was wondering if a Rune Tank would own them?

    Here are the stats:

    80 Ranged
    40 Defence
    44 Prayer
    74 HP
    1 Attack, Strength, Mage

    Combat: 73

    I would be using diamond bolts (e) and dragon bolts (e) which can hit around 300-320

    Would they be hitting 0's on me, and since they are 1 def would I be hitting constant 200+ on them? Is it worth making a Rune Tank? Any additional info would be great.
     
  2. Itz Me

    Itz Me Guru
    Banned

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2010
    Posts:
    1,416
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Do Rune Tanks Own DDS Pures?

    They would be hitting constant 200+ on you. You will run into pures with 99 strength that will hero spec you for your bank.

    Bad Idea
     
  3. Burnley

    Burnley Hero
    $5 USD Donor

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2008
    Posts:
    5,036
    Referrals:
    6
    Sythe Gold:
    622
    Discord Unique ID:
    348254523296317450
    Discord Username:
    burnleey
    M
    Not sure if srs or just newfag... Sythe's 10th Anniversary Former OMM
    Do Rune Tanks Own DDS Pures?

    get 94 mage and range do all def quest for hand cannon and vengance

    then you will rape them 40 def 70-75 hp get ur self 75-80 combat tbh thats my dream pure :)
     
  4. iLars

    iLars Newcomer

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2010
    Posts:
    7
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Do Rune Tanks Own DDS Pures?

    I was once a 99 range, 40 defense tank, and it was terrible. Got hero spec'd for everything I had like 5 times, and now I'm 95-99 defense. Max'd tanks own :D
    <3iLars
     
  5. Brightleaf

    Brightleaf Member
    Banned

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2010
    Posts:
    62
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Do Rune Tanks Own DDS Pures?

    I would honnestly dont make a rune pure, rather make a DDS pure or Claw instead, if you get those goals you'd be spec'd for you're bank.
     
  6. alexisawesome

    alexisawesome Guru
    $50 USD Donor

    Joined:
    May 29, 2010
    Posts:
    1,108
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Do Rune Tanks Own DDS Pures?

    i'd stay 1 prayer and replace it with higher def
     
  7. Antoine

    Antoine Apprentice

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2009
    Posts:
    842
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Do Rune Tanks Own DDS Pures?

    nah, overheads are beast.

    Don't be a rune tank. In PVP on my maxed AGS pure I always down them and voiders. They're just an annoyance.

    The only ones that can beat me are 15 levels higher. They fail IMO.
     
  8. i hunt zerkers

    i hunt zerkers Active Member
    Banned

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2010
    Posts:
    216
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Do Rune Tanks Own DDS Pures?

    honestly i think range tanks beat pures but nobody likes a defense noob
     
  9. ruffstallion

    ruffstallion Active Member
    Banned

    Joined:
    Oct 12, 2009
    Posts:
    111
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Do Rune Tanks Own DDS Pures?

    Well most people said D Claw pures down the rune tank...
     
  10. jonbonjut

    jonbonjut Active Member
    Banned

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2010
    Posts:
    244
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Do Rune Tanks Own DDS Pures?

    80 def, 94 mage, 99 range and pk with a dfs and full rune
     
  11. brodydubach

    brodydubach Guru
    Banned

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2008
    Posts:
    1,224
    Referrals:
    2
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Do Rune Tanks Own DDS Pures?

    no need for diamond bolts unless they have defence, the special depends on the def bonus of the other person your fighting, thats why they're good at kbd/steel drags or even tanks. no point in using them on pures :p
    youll own them tho :] i dont fight tankers or even rangers on my pure just because they own me all the time.
     
  12. Figster

    Figster Apprentice

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2010
    Posts:
    863
    Referrals:
    1
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Do Rune Tanks Own DDS Pures?

    With my experience with my 40 def and 81 range tank I own all all but dclawers. DDS specs usually failed. I only fought one Dclawer and almost one.

    ALSO I SUCK AT PVP. So tbh I think it'd work out.
     
  13. Envenom

    Envenom Active Member
    Banned

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2010
    Posts:
    234
    Referrals:
    1
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Do Rune Tanks Own DDS Pures?

    No. Don't do it. You are much better off either getting 70+ defense, or just making a 60 att pure.
     
  14. Absolution

    Absolution Forum Addict

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2010
    Posts:
    469
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Do Rune Tanks Own DDS Pures?

    Not at that combat, however by mid-low80ish rune pures start to dominate what are left of 1/low def pures. At least in non+1 worlds.

    70-75 is complete dominance by pures.

    The whole trick is KO power. If you can't hit over 400 in one spec/hit it will be impossible for you to KO in p2p.
    Once rune pures start getting 90+range/85+str they have enough KO power to take down high hp 1 def pures.
     
< Help with Dragon Claw Pure | RSC Development site/server >
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.


 
 
Adblock breaks this site