Created Top 10-15 Teams in Regions Based on HLTV Ratings, Here's What I Got

Discussion in 'CS:GO Discussion' started by The_Em27, Oct 21, 2022.

1. Unread #1 - Oct 21, 2022 at 2:39 PM
  2. The_Em27
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

The_Em27 Newcomer

Hi everyone.

These are lists of the Top 10-15 players in some of the most professional regions/countries I’ve created on my own, using HLTV’s 2.0 rating.

I’ve considered K/D Difference, Headshot Ratio, HLTV Rating, and overall earnings.

I also included descriptions/opinions of the players’ latest achievements, roles, and more.

* Here are the lists:

[Top 15] CSGO Best North American Players (Gamersdecide)

[Top 15] CSGO Best Brazilian Players (Gamersdecide)

[Top 10] CSGO Best German Players (Gamersdecide)

[Top 15] CSGO Best Asian Players (Gamersdecide)

[Top 10] CSGO Best Sweden Players (Gamersdecide)

After finishing the lists, my problem is that I felt that the HLTV’s criteria for choosing the best players in the last 12 months don’t fit logically.

Like, Twistzz should be the Top 1 player in NA, but HLTV ranks him outside the Top 5.

KSCERATO should be a Top 1 Brazilian Player, but he’s also ranked outside the Top 5.

I apologize if you feel the lists are too long, but it’s how I wanted the lists to be thorough and detailed.

What do you think about this dilemma? Is it reliable to rely on HLTV’s rankings for the best players in countries?

And if not, what are the alternatives? I heard Thorin stopped posting his own lists lately too.

3. Unread #2 - Oct 21, 2022 at 3:40 PM
  4. Potatobotter25
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Easter 2023 Secret Santa 2023 Halloween 2022 Summer 2022 Easter 2022 Valentine's Day 2021

Potatobotter25 Active Member

Don't really like the ranking because it doesn't really account for level of competition played. Example: Some of those NA no names like PwnAlone and Junior farm NA to statpad and boost their K/D, but when you put them in the top level of competition like Twistzz is consistently playing they crumble down to like a .5 rating. It's especially prevalent in NA where the level of competition is much lower than EU

< CS:GO WCS | not allowed >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest

Adblock breaks this site