[POLL] Neutral Donor Ranks

Discussion in 'Community Input' started by Wonderland, Aug 1, 2016.

?

Should we replace our current default donor ranks?

1. Yes

20 vote(s)
    39.2%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    9.8%
  3. Neutral

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
  4. Add more ranks for other games

19 vote(s)
    37.3%
  1. Unread #1 - Aug 1, 2016 at 12:05 PM
  2. Wonderland
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Wonderland spokesman

Curious to see your guys opinions on this. As you know, our default ranks for donors and staff are runescape related. In a way, this conflicts with our goal to branch out to various games by showing an obvious bias to one. The ranks to replace the current default ones wouldn't be associated with any game. The ability to have a custom rank will still be there.

Post your suggestions on what should be added/changed if voted yes.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2016
  3. Unread #2 - Aug 1, 2016 at 12:15 PM
  4. Agnostic
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Paper Trading Competition Participant Stay a while and listen Diamond

Agnostic Previously Know as 2007GoldMan
    2007GoldMan Donor

I reckon the bias is there for a reason, since Runescape appears to be the most active market on Sythe. I however am neutral since I love my Runescape, but changing the ranks could be prove beneficial to the site.

Perhaps meet in the middle, add ranks for other games, but keep the runescape ones in the rank manager, give these people a choice. This diversity in the donor ranking system would give a spicier flare to the site, whilst encouraging more people to donate.

5. Unread #3 - Aug 1, 2016 at 12:29 PM
  6. Wonderland
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Wonderland spokesman

Added the option to the poll.

^ Agnostic likes this.
  7. Unread #4 - Aug 1, 2016 at 12:42 PM
  8. Volta
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Volta#0007
    Tom Black Lawrence In Memory of Jon

Volta Forum Addict
    Grand Master Donor

I'd agree with something like this. Giving people the option to choose the rank depending on their favorite game would be a nice feature.

^ Agnostic likes this.
  9. Unread #5 - Aug 1, 2016 at 12:45 PM
  10. ryanm17
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Easter 2016 Live Streamer

ryanm17 Under The Blades
    $200 USD Donor New

The ability to choose between multiple ranks for example $200 donor has the rs Easter egg maybe add one more unique rank Pokemon related and another random rank to choose out of three

^ Agnostic likes this.
  11. Unread #6 - Aug 1, 2016 at 1:15 PM
  12. Kyle
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    teamsters
    STEVE In Memory of Jon Verified Ironman Dragon Claws

Kyle All your gambling needs
    Factory New Donor Mudkips

I voted for them to be changed mostly because I guess I'm just bored of the current ranks. Personally I plan to become a $300 donator in the next couple of days so this won't really affect me all that much.

13. Unread #7 - Aug 1, 2016 at 1:42 PM
  14. Admires
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Two Factor Authentication User

Admires Grand Master
    Retired Sectional Moderator

Support, I don't play much Runescape and think most of the donor ranks are ugly except the 100$ donor. The legacy ones were way better and the new ones are meh

15. Unread #8 - Aug 1, 2016 at 1:48 PM
  16. Tyler
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Tyler#2286
    Two Factor Authentication User SytheSteamer Signature of the Month Participant Sythe's 10th Anniversary Toast Wallet User Verified Overwatch Diamond St. Patrick's Day 2018 Christmas 2019 Christmas 2016 (2) Former OMM
    Summer 2019 In Memory of Jon Member of the Month Winner Easter 2016 Pokémon Trainer Poképedia

Tyler Infraction king.
    Tyler Donor Prince Yobabo Retired Sectional Moderator

Don't take away my whipss nooo

17. Unread #9 - Aug 1, 2016 at 1:50 PM
  18. Pure
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Pure Legend

I really like how they are and I think it's iconic due to how long they've been the same. Not sure we have to change the ranks just because we're expanding possibly. No support from me.

19. Unread #10 - Aug 1, 2016 at 2:03 PM
  20. Yousuckv2
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Yousuckv2 Hero

Will we have the option to keep our current ranks? I'd prefer to keep my h'weens but I can see why other people would want other ranks

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  21. Unread #11 - Aug 1, 2016 at 2:12 PM
  22. Sonia
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    <3 n4n0 Two Factor Authentication User Community Participant Support Center Participant Writing Competition Winner In Memory of Jon Valentine's Day 2017 (2) Valentine's Day 2016 Pokémon Trainer Togepi
    Penguin

Sonia A Beautiful Soul and a Heart of Gold. <3
    $200 USD Donor New

The only reason why I don't show my donation rank, is because it looks ugly. So I'm going to be really biased on this. I would like to show that I've donated, but it's off-putting. Maybe it's just not my style, but I never really cared for Dragon Claws in RS. So I'd be very happy if we had a selection of three for each donation rank? Or just two. (The current ones should be kept, and a new one). This is dependent on whether you're deciding to add, to all different donation ranks, from $5+ up anyways.

I'm curious on how this could effect those who already as donors have the option to change their icons on either side of their donation rank. I feel their maybe conflict there. Or am I confused?

I would definitely like to see different game version of donator ranks. I barely play RS; never cared for combat. Even if I don't play the other game, it'd probably look much better.

23. Unread #12 - Aug 1, 2016 at 4:03 PM
  24. Matthew
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Wait, do you not have an Archer rank? (5) Doge (3) Smashing Why is there BACON in the SOAP!? Literally nothing I saw Matthew Live Free or Die (3) Cool Kid (6) Poképedia Homosex (4)

Matthew Probably breaking stuff

Keep something in mind here... there is a difference between replacing the ranks we have and ADDING new ones in addition. We already have legacy donor ranks. If you want more donor ranks for a given tier, we'd end up with 3+ images per tier. This is not something the rank system can handle right now. So, if you want new images and TWO legacy rank sets, or if you want multiple new images per tier (for different games, for example), it would require significant changes to the rank manager. I'm not saying we can't do it, but it will be a fair amount of work to update things to handle it.

^ Sephiroth likes this.
  25. Unread #13 - Aug 1, 2016 at 4:41 PM
  26. Yousuckv2
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Yousuckv2 Hero

If the option is between everyone getting new neutral ranks or keeping the current ranks i'd rather keep them, I don't mind mine and i'm sure i'm not the only one. It's not exactly a gamechanger to make new ranks in the sense that I doubt it'd be as big of a problem as this DNT bullshit and I doubt it would cause anyone to leave, but it's just my preference and i'm sure the preference of others as well. Although I am not a fan of all decisions made by you guys especially the more recent ones I am grateful for the work you guys put in on the website and do not feel you guys should have a fuck load of work dumped at your feet along with all the other stuff i'm sure you're already working on.

27. Unread #14 - Aug 1, 2016 at 5:04 PM
  28. Sonia
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    <3 n4n0 Two Factor Authentication User Community Participant Support Center Participant Writing Competition Winner In Memory of Jon Valentine's Day 2017 (2) Valentine's Day 2016 Pokémon Trainer Togepi
    Penguin

Sonia A Beautiful Soul and a Heart of Gold. <3
    $200 USD Donor New

I have to agree, if it becomes too much work for you to have to handle, I don't think it'd be necessary to update.

Perhaps in the future have all the donation rank current images changed to something else a different game for a month or two, and something else the next month after etc? Hopefully that should be less work for you Admins, and a better alternative to showing all hype for all games, and bring it back to these normal ones every other, other month and have this as a cyle... Would that be less work?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  29. Unread #15 - Aug 2, 2016 at 3:45 AM
  30. R
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    In Memory of Jon <3 n4n0 Sythe Awards 2013 Winner

R Legend
    Retired Administrator Roary Donor Mudkips Legendary

As much as I like the current ranks in general, my feelings aside, I think it's best for the site to aim to be all encompassing and steer away from a Runescape focus.

^ Sonia, DesireX, -Ryan and 1 other person like this.
  31. Unread #16 - Aug 2, 2016 at 8:32 AM
  32. SuF
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    <3 n4n0 Two Factor Authentication User Community Participant Spam Forum Participant Sythe's 10th Anniversary

SuF Legend
    Pirate Retired Global Moderator

I was going to suggest keeping the older tiers because I really like the legacy ranks. I'd be happy to help coding it if you can convince Richard to let me.

33. Unread #17 - Aug 2, 2016 at 8:50 AM
  34. Matthew
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Wait, do you not have an Archer rank? (5) Doge (3) Smashing Why is there BACON in the SOAP!? Literally nothing I saw Matthew Live Free or Die (3) Cool Kid (6) Poképedia Homosex (4)

Considering I wrote the user center it's not Richard you have to convince ;)

^ Sonia, -Ryan and Aklan like this.
  35. Unread #18 - Aug 2, 2016 at 9:00 AM
  36. Pain
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Pain Formerly known as Divine
    Banned

I'd like to know how significant of a change would be needed to put the current ones-> Another legacy set then add a new tier.

I personally voted to make new donor ranks, but I would much prefer to have the current ranks become a 2nd tier of legacy ranks, then add a tier of new ranks vs just getting rid of the current ones.

I think its important we keep the things from the past in some form so sythe never forgets where its roots are, even if that takes extra work, I think its time well spent.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  37. Unread #19 - Aug 2, 2016 at 9:27 AM
  38. Matthew
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

You say that not being the one who has to do to the work :)

I can't really quantify the amount of work but the bottom line is it comes down to priorities. If you guys decide you want new donation ranks and decide you want legacy ranks, that's fine. Just may take some time to make it happen on the back end. It'll ultimately become a feature request in the bug tracker and goes into the queue.

39. Unread #20 - Aug 2, 2016 at 9:31 AM
  40. Astro
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Former OMM Gracious (3) Detective In Memory of Jon Official LoL Rank Verifier Verified Diamond STEVE (3) Poképedia
    Steam Account Verifier Sythe RSPS Player DIAF Twitter Paper Trading Competition Participant Facebook Promoter Two Factor Authentication User SytheSteamer

Astro Legend
    Retired Administrator Cool Cat Gracious Donor

We're working on getting all the ranks revamped (source: [OFFICIAL] Come up with new STAFF/OMM/HMM/Donor ranks!) so I think donor rank getting renewed is going to be a good thing. I'd leave the legacy ranks and make the current ones legacy as well though, they'll be nice to keep in mind/use. If it's possible, I'd definitely say go for it.

^ Pain and Buyacc like this.
< [CDT] Vote for the Summer 2016 Minirank! | [Vote] Discord Verified minirank! >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest

Adblock breaks this site