YouTube Channel opinions and suggestions?

Discussion in 'Community Input' started by Sneaky, Feb 19, 2017.

?

Bring Back Sythe YT Channel?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. Unread #1 - Feb 19, 2017 at 10:09 PM
  2. Sneaky
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    SneakyFish5#2841

Sneaky Previously known as: Sneaky Fish5

Hello Sythe Members!

As you may know, I recently got accepted into the PR team :). One of the things I want to do is bring back the YouTube channel, but first I want to get your opinions on things. I'll list some questions down below, but feel free to say any other thoughts you may have.

If you wanna check out the current state of the YT channel, here's the link: SytheMarket

1. If we were to revamp the YT channel, would you watch it?
    2. What do you want to be kept from it and what do you want to be removed? (Like would you want to keep the sythe monthly news series on there for example? Or get rid of it?)
    3. Any series or video suggestions?
    4. How do you think we could utilize this to best promote Sythe?
    5. Any other general comments, questions, etc, put here:

Looking forward to hearing your replies :D

^ BlackBlasses likes this.
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  3. Unread #2 - Feb 19, 2017 at 10:18 PM
  4. BlackBlasses
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    blackblasses
    Member of the Month Winner Two Factor Authentication User Sythe's 15th Anniversary
    May the 4th Be With You Pool Shark (2) March Madness (2) Rust Player Sandbox Participant Donor Lounge Participant Nitro Booster (3) Community Participant Community Development Team Member Toast Wallet User

BlackBlasses Runestake.com - Slots & Original Games

1. yes
    2. keep sythe monthlies
    3. drama! Show the world, that sythe is not only market related forum.
    4. Well you PR heads should do some brainstorming :D
    5. gl with your project :)

^ Sneaky likes this.
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  5. Unread #3 - Feb 20, 2017 at 8:11 AM
  6. Sneaky
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    SneakyFish5#2841

Let's get some more input!

7. Unread #4 - Feb 20, 2017 at 8:19 AM
  8. Pain
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Pain Formerly known as Divine
    Banned

Just create a runescape channel, do top 10s and shit.

This whole focusing on Sythe itself thing is stupid, nobody cares that much to be frank.

Go upload videos similar to sparc mac, or just ask community members from sythe to send in their clips to be featured on it.

There's so many ways to monopolize youtube with the sythe base you have and instead were talking about making sythe monthly videos and rule explanations- BORING.

It's a RS forum, build a RS youtube base then start putting in other games videos, WoW top moments, LoL top 10 streamer fails, etc.

If I knew how to create content and edit I'd be a youtuber for sure, shits so easy to monopolize, I know youtubers with 1-2k subs that make $15k a year off doing 2-3 videos a week for RSPS.

Stop focusing on boring shit, upload community clips and stuff, people will send in clips.

Even if its only a few clips at a time, I'm sure it'll grow as the popularity grows.

Open an email or whatever for people besides sythe users to send clips in, build the base.

^ Soul and Sneaky like this.
  9. Unread #5 - Feb 20, 2017 at 8:39 AM
  10. Sneaky
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    SneakyFish5#2841

Hmmm well I see what your gettin at, but I'm not doing this for myself. I'm doing this for sythe not to make money or anything. So wouldn't it be something about sythe? Maybe we can do some things like recording RS events we do. I'll try my best to incorporate some fun RS or other game activities we do. But it can't be ALL RS just like you say it can't be ALL sythe. Looking for more opinions though if no one really wants the channel.

11. Unread #6 - Feb 20, 2017 at 2:23 PM
  12. johnp1996
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

johnp1996 Newcomer
    Banned

You need to make things spicy if you want people to watch a youtube channel about a dead/declining Runescape community.

1. If we were to revamp the YT channel, would you watch it?

Answer: No, I wouldn't.

2. What do you want to be kept from it and what do you want to be removed? (Like would you want to keep the sythe monthly news series on there for example? Or get rid of it?)

Answer: Get rid of everything including the stupid ass Sythe monthly news series that nobody gives a two fucks about.

3. Any series or video suggestions?

Answer: Make an interesting drama related series. Maybe a "best scammer of the week" series. Or a "top 5 scams of this month" series. Something that stirs up some drama and creates a reason to actually watch these videos. Nobody gives two shits on who got promoted from sucking a lot of dick this month so these news videos have to be dissolved.

4. How do you think we could utilize this to best promote Sythe?

Answer: You can't promote Sythe. Everyone on this website seems to be banned or has left. There's like 10 non-staff active community members left. The ship has sailed and now you have to cater to the last few people who are still here.

5. Any other general comments, questions, etc, put here:

Answer: Just disband the entire team. The PR team has been active for almost a year now and has done absolutely zero to draw in new members. It seems the PR team member, and now staff member, Tyler has banned more active community members than has actually drawn in new members. Maybe he missed the memo that the PR team is supposed to grow the userbase, not decline it substantially.

^ Sneaky likes this.
  13. Unread #7 - Feb 20, 2017 at 2:25 PM
  14. johnp1996
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

johnp1996 Newcomer
    Banned

15. Unread #8 - Feb 20, 2017 at 5:40 PM
  16. Sneaky
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    SneakyFish5#2841

That's quite a bit of negativity. Is there anything constructive or positive you have to say?

17. Unread #9 - Feb 20, 2017 at 6:50 PM
  18. CEO
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    CEO#6986
    Verified Ironman Sythe's 10th Anniversary Extreme Homosex Potamus

CEO Buying OSRS Service Biz
    $200 USD Donor New

I'm rarely on Sythe, so my opinion is more of an outsider that used to browse these forums. Therefore, I won't be watching the YT videos from Sythe.

What is your exact scope for this YouTube channel? Examples: Is it for community involvement - engagement through sythe related topics? Information center - Sythe memos/digests that you put into video form that you already would be posting on the site? Anything related to any topic associated with Sythe?

I briefly viewed some of the videos currently on the channel (political debate), and I'm going to be honest that I'm not sure content like that with giving real life information advice and opinions matters. No credibility, most of site might not be even involved with politics based off of age variety (younger than 18). This is just a quick example because I only viewed this one video out of the selection you had.

So, based off all that, I'd want to see what your scope is or if it will just be a range of things. Someone said if you made it into a video clip community from users from Sythe and then anyone (if it gains popularity) around, which wouldn't be a bad idea. If you're wanting views, cater it to your community and what they will want to watch. If you're wanting to just get information out about Sythe to be a form of marketing, then go ahead and push out videos related to the site and related items to the site's members and staff.

Typed this on my phone quickly, might edit later. probably wont lol.

^ Sneaky likes this.
  19. Unread #10 - Feb 20, 2017 at 7:54 PM
  20. Pikachu
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    __pikachu
    Verified Ironman I saw Matthew Member of the Month Winner Detective Toast Wallet User
    Sythe's 15th Anniversary Nitro Booster (2) Two Factor Authentication User Christmas 2023 Poképedia Valentine's Day 2021 Valentine's Day 2020 Valentine's Day 2019 Torchbearer 2016 Pokémon Trainer
    Easter 2017 Easter 2016 Christmas 2022 Christmas 2021 Halloween 2022 St. Patrick's Day 2017 Christmas 2016 MushyMuncher Summer 2022 (2) The Glizz

Pikachu Runewager.com - Osrs Gambling
    Market Moderators Bond Holder CDT Member Our Community Moderators

I'm just going to leave opinion here,
    If the youtube channel has good production and was used for giveaways and to get more community going and it was utilised correctly and doesn't have badly made video's on it like before sure I can give my support on this.
    otherwise, it's just a waste of time and no will watch it.
    If it going to be back up and running I feel as if the CDT should be doing it and not the PR. I feel as if it would suit their jobs betters.

Edit: the videos aren't as bad as I remembered, but I feel as if it could be used for a guide's on buying items etc on site and how to protected yourself from PayPal chargebacks, mainly to answer some of the typical questions asked on forums and maybe if it was advertised a little better as well site.

^ Sneaky likes this.
  21. Unread #11 - Feb 20, 2017 at 9:19 PM
  22. Sneaky
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    SneakyFish5#2841

Thanks for the feedback, I'll keep this in mind thanks :)

Yea I'll do something like the guides thing, video tutorials might really help the community. I disagree with you that CDT should take this over though since YouTube is a social media platform in the overall scheme of things, which I what our PR team is supposed to utilize.

23. Unread #12 - Feb 20, 2017 at 11:05 PM
  24. Blupig
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Valentine's Singing Competition Winner Member of the Month Winner MushyMuncher Gohan has AIDS Extreme Homosex World War 3 I'm LAAAAAAAME
    Off Topic Participant

Blupig BEEF TOILET
    $5 USD Donor

Gaming videos. So, recorded streams of Sythe events, game guides that fill a niche (how to beat x boss in y way, but with special attention paid to the niche - you don't want to be video #100000 on the same topic). Cheating guides (considering we're a cheating site), and market guides like "how to get cheap fukkin gold on WoW" or whatever, with a heavy emphasis on Sythe.

Just promoting the site is all well-and-good, but you'll end up with videos capping out at like 50 views. You want to see Sythe as a tool and to present content such that the viewers think that Sythe is the only way to go about whatever you're presenting. Do they want to figure out how to buy cheap, reliable Runescape gold? Post a guide where someone talks the viewer through a market transaction. Make it quick, short, and painless. No videos over 5 minutes long.

Incorporate known tactics and editing tricks. Replicating content from other producers is a no-no like I mentioned but copying editing techniques from other content creators that pull in views is a smart decision.

^ Sneaky likes this.
  25. Unread #13 - Feb 21, 2017 at 6:54 AM
  26. Sneaky
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    SneakyFish5#2841

I see what your saying. So instead of just promoting sythe, we actually show people how to do what we promote to. So buying gold, accounts, etc. Not a bad idea thanks :).

< [CDT] Valentines 2017 Minirank Designing Competition [Unique prizes] | [CDT] What kind of Tournaments would you like to see hosted on Sythe.Org? [POLL] >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest

Adblock breaks this site