Adblock breaks this site

Are the runescape servers just slow?

Discussion in 'RuneScape 3 General' started by GP Miracle, Jan 11, 2011.

  1. GP Miracle

    GP Miracle Newcomer

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2011
    Posts:
    6
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Are the runescape servers just slow?

    I mean I just started playing again and I can't remember if it was always this laggy, like i click to walk somewhere but my guy just stands there for 3-5 seconds then it starts walking or running, Its not my computer because i got 6 gigs of ram, a quad core cpu and a radeon 5850 graphics card, its also not my internet connection because I'm on a 40MB/s Down speed connection (wired). I tryed everything in the options from maxing out the settings to the minimum settings. Is it like this for everybody?
     
  2. Mplvl13

    Mplvl13 Forum Addict
    $5 USD Donor New

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2008
    Posts:
    456
    Referrals:
    1
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Are the runescape servers just slow?

    Were you playing on a low ping world? Everything seems to be fine for me.
     
  3. GP Miracle

    GP Miracle Newcomer

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2011
    Posts:
    6
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Are the runescape servers just slow?

    I was playing on worlds with 360-400 people on them just mining in varrock east during the day, i hopped worlds for about 20 minutes trying to find a world with less people mining and it did it on all the worlds i went to. right now its not lagging but it will do it once in a while. I guess its just server lag?
     
  4. your own good

    your own good Apprentice
    Banned

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2010
    Posts:
    758
    Referrals:
    2
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Are the runescape servers just slow?

    I agree with you, my shits all running a little slower then normal, I think the servers are running slower tbh.
     
  5. K_F_C

    K_F_C Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2011
    Posts:
    146
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Are the runescape servers just slow?

    I noticed this like a month ago after an update when I went to rush people there would be a delay and after a spec it would freeze up a bit. In the end it just annoyed the hell out of me although it got a bit better at times and I just sold my claws.
     
  6. bambino_91

    bambino_91 Guru

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2008
    Posts:
    1,855
    Referrals:
    1
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Tom Black
    Are the runescape servers just slow?

    I agree man

    must be because of many people are playing now
     
  7. K_F_C

    K_F_C Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2011
    Posts:
    146
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Are the runescape servers just slow?

    It could also be a problem with your Java, have you tried updating it?
     
  8. GP Miracle

    GP Miracle Newcomer

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2011
    Posts:
    6
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Are the runescape servers just slow?

    yeah dude its fully updated it i even uninstalled it and re-downloaded it straight from java.com
     
  9. kill dank

    kill dank Hero

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2010
    Posts:
    6,471
    Referrals:
    2
    Sythe Gold:
    13
    St. Patrick's Day 2013
    Are the runescape servers just slow?

    yesterday, I was trying to play rs but i noticed my pings were all like 600+ for some reason, even to the US servers. I was gonna post on the forums and ask if anyone else was having that problem, but I figured it was just me. They wen't down after about an hour or so
     
  10. Classics

    Classics Grand Master
    Banned

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2010
    Posts:
    2,261
    Referrals:
    1
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Are the runescape servers just slow?

    Make sure you use a world with low ping (Under 150 is best) If that doesn't help then it's probably server lag.
     
  11. Louis

    Louis MSN: [email protected]
    Banned

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2008
    Posts:
    4,565
    Referrals:
    5
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Are the runescape servers just slow?

    I got this too around a month/2 back. Before I had a great connection to even servers furthest away from me, now I get a crap connection to nearly all.
     
  12. Bubba Fuzz

    Bubba Fuzz Shit happens, Life goes on. Just. Keep. Going.
    bubba fuzz Donor

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2010
    Posts:
    3,435
    Referrals:
    2
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Dragon Ball Shitting Rainbow Extreme Homosex
    Are the runescape servers just slow?

    First make sure you are playing on a server with low ping. If it's still acting up and your computer and internet is fine then its runescape it self. Personally I noticed it acting a little bit slower a few weeks ago. It hasn't been that bad for me but it could be different for different areas in the world.
     
  13. IDeclareWar

    IDeclareWar Active Member
    Banned

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2011
    Posts:
    146
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Are the runescape servers just slow?

    Seems to be slower for me as well, really annoying for pvp, I'm sure something happened if many ppl notice a difference.
     
  14. KingCrackerJacks

    KingCrackerJacks Guru
    Banned

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2008
    Posts:
    1,738
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Are the runescape servers just slow?

    its not really a big problem for general playing, just choose a world with low ping but its gotten really annoying with all the pvp world lag and dcs
     
  15. username757

    username757 Guru
    Banned

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2009
    Posts:
    1,121
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Are the runescape servers just slow?

    I thought it was just me but yeah, its pretty slow right now.
     
< Which 99 To Get Next? | Free Trade + Wildy Coming Tomorrow !?! >


 
 
Adblock breaks this site