Discussion in 'Approved Suggestions' started by bennytheberry, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unread #1 - Jul 15, 2009 at 7:04 PM
  2. bennytheberry
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

bennytheberry Grand Master
    Banned

Here's an essay I wrote a few months ago.... this is a suggestion, not a troll.

Is the word, ******, appropriate for everyday use? All words can and usually do change over time. The word is commonly used by rappers. Nothing should be censoered; it is wrong and takes away the right for people to think for themselves. According to the Oxford English Dictionary, there are 171,476 currently used words, 47,156 obsolete words, and 9,500 derivative words in the English language. The word, ******, is just another word, and should be treated as just another word (online).

Words, as well as languages, have changed numerous times throughout history and continue to change today. According to Nicole Mahoney, a reported for the National Science Foundation, there are many causes for languages to change. One of them is that teens and their parents often speak different variations of the same language; and over time, the language changes to what the younger generation speaks (online). According to Maria Boomhower, a writer for Ezinearticles, "awful" used to mean "deserving of awe", and "sophisticated" used to mean "corrupted" (online). There are many examples of words changing meanings, and the word, ******, is just another.

Rappers use the word, ******, very often. According to The Rolling Stone, the famous white rapper, Eminem, won the Second Best Rap Album Award (online). According to HighBeam Research, Eminem used the word, ******, in a song of his that was recorded (online). Someone with as much influence and fame as Eminem is even using the word, ******, . According to Music TeleVision (MTV), the famous black rapper, Nas, entitled an album of his "******", he feels that it is okay to use the word and said that he isn't trying to offend anyone of any race (online). Blacks, and whites alike, use the word, ******, .

All forms of censorship are unjust. According to the National Coalition Against Censorship (NCAC), Benjamin Franklin, one of the founding fathers of our country, said "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety (online)." Benjamin Franklin is essentially saying that anyone who needs a word to be censored just to feel a little better should not have any rights. According to Rob Brown, of the American Heritage magazine, the book "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" has the word, ******, in it without any sort of censorship; this book has sold over twenty million copies worldwide (online). This shows that people are obviously not too offended by the word. Actual freedom means letting all people judge things for themselves, and not letting others judge for them. The First Amendment of the United States of America defends the rights and allows Freedom of Expression, which includes Freedom of Speech.

It is clear to see that the word, ******, is a normal word and is like any other word that is used today. The word, ******, is appropriate for everyday use. According to Jim G, of the National Review, Senator Obama used the word, ******, numerous times in his audio-book entitled: "Dreams of my Father" (online). Go out and use the word as much as you want and do not feel restricted, it is just a word!

I think the word should be unblocked.

3. Unread #2 - Jul 15, 2009 at 10:34 PM
  4. Atimoc
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Atimoc Newcomer
    Banned

Dude why are you so insistent on being allowed to say a bunch of asterisks?

5. Unread #3 - Jul 15, 2009 at 10:45 PM
  6. bennytheberry
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Banned

It's actually quite the opposite. Being forced to type asterisks is what upsets me.

7. Unread #4 - Jul 15, 2009 at 10:50 PM
  8. Ronald Coleman
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Ronald Coleman Forum Addict
    Banned

I agree with this, but maybe make a rule where if your flaming with the word ****** then you could be infracted pehaps? idk, you have to take it up with the mods :p

9. Unread #5 - Jul 16, 2009 at 9:51 AM
  10. Loveable
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Loveable The moment i wake up...
    Do Not Trade

Yeah, i think weve all heard our parents swear by now ;D

11. Unread #6 - Jul 16, 2009 at 9:57 AM
  12. TJ
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

TJ Hero

Why do you ban evade?

I think that the word should be allowed, if we are allowed to cuss i don't see a difference.

13. Unread #7 - Jul 16, 2009 at 9:57 AM
  14. FG4
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

FG4 Grand Master

No. Horrible suggestion.

It is and always will be a racial slur.

15. Unread #8 - Jul 16, 2009 at 5:55 PM
  16. I Sell I
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

I Sell I Forum Addict
    Banned

^
    No.

A censor is a way of making little children here feel safe.
    Nowadays, children is where the flaming starts.
    I say ; Uncensor!

17. Unread #9 - Jul 16, 2009 at 5:57 PM
  18. Sorry Im F2P
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Sorry Im F2P Grand Master

racial slurs shud remain starred... end of...

19. Unread #10 - Jul 16, 2009 at 6:36 PM
  20. bennytheberry
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Banned

You're an idiot, back that up with something, please.

I was talking to my uncle today (He owns a demolition company) and he said that he was borrowing someone's equipment and it got stolen, and he ended up being the person's ****** for a the next few years. (He's not black)

You're also an idiot, end of...

21. Unread #11 - Jul 16, 2009 at 6:47 PM
  22. Sorry Im F2P
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Sorry Im F2P Grand Master

how am i an idiot?

wud you like your name to be changed to like

stupid ass cunt?

no you wudnt...

im an idiot because i dont use racial slurs.

this is a forums i posted my damn opinon now stfu if you dont like my opinon tuff shit

23. Unread #12 - Jul 16, 2009 at 6:53 PM
  24. TehNextInLine
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

TehNextInLine Guru
    Banned

Letting the word be uncensored isn't the bad part it's just the fact that it's one of the most strongly debated racial words to date. In which if someone was called it in a flame fest would that mean they wouldn't get infracted but banned?

I vote no to bennytheberry's world change campaign of '09.

25. Unread #13 - Jul 16, 2009 at 7:01 PM
  26. DylanAn
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

DylanAn Active Member

That is a point I have not heard yet, and it is very valid IMO.
    I agree with this post^

EDIT: But we all know everyone just abuse it left and right, eventually offending SOMEONE.

27. Unread #14 - Jul 16, 2009 at 7:09 PM
  28. K-3-V-1-N
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

K-3-V-1-N Grand Master
    Banned

censorship is lame

29. Unread #15 - Jul 16, 2009 at 10:52 PM
  30. Syed
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Sythe Awards 2012 Winner Gohan has AIDS (3) ??? Rust Player I'm LAAAAAAAME (2) Shitting Rainbow (2)

Syed Hero
    Retired Sectional Moderator $50 USD Donor New

Uncensor everything...It just ruins it if you are going to type a story or something and you see a bunch of stars show up.

31. Unread #16 - Jul 16, 2009 at 11:03 PM
  32. bennytheberry
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Banned

The problem is, when I post an essay filled with facts (I'll post the works cited if you want), you can't throw around your baseless opinion. kthx. (Not to mention your grammar makes you look like a brain-dead retard)

According to the National Coalition Against Censorship (NCAC), Benjamin Franklin, one of the founding fathers of our country, said "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety (online)." Benjamin Franklin is essentially saying that anyone who needs a word to be censored just to feel a little better should not have any rights.

I thought I did a great job of saying that?

33. Unread #17 - Jul 17, 2009 at 6:25 PM
  34. bennytheberry
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Banned

Mods are just going to ignore this? I'd be quite ecstatic if one would take time out of their day and post here, these idiots who got there post count from spamming the Runescape section are... idiots.

35. Unread #18 - Jul 17, 2009 at 6:50 PM
  36. Xombi
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Xombi Guru
    Banned

I think you did a fairly decent job of stating why you believe this, but I still have to disagree with you. I know it's just a word, but honestly, can you tell me why you would need this uncensored? When would you need to use this word?

I, personally, have never used the word in any context, but that is for personal reasons and not moral ones. I think the moral argument is invalid due to the fact that I'm a very immoral person when it comes down to it and I still refuse to use the word.

Sure, it came from a different word and it means something else, but so what? Why would you need to use that synonym?

I'm not saying that you would abuse this personally, but most people who use this word are uneducated, inbred idiots.

37. Unread #19 - Jul 17, 2009 at 9:54 PM
  38. bennytheberry
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Banned

Censorship, in every form, is wrong.

39. Unread #20 - Jul 17, 2009 at 10:24 PM
  40. Xombi
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Xombi Guru
    Banned

So is genocide, so is theft, so is starvation. Does it stop it? There is no set "right and wrong" as no one can claim what is right and wrong. Who can tell you what is right or wrong? No one. It's perspective.

And you still didn't answer my question.

< New rule: No locations longer than 15 characters | >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Adblock breaks this site