@Sythe

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Pain, Nov 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
@Sythe
  1. Unread #1 - Nov 11, 2018 at 4:00 PM
  2. Pain
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Pain Formerly known as Divine
    Banned

@Sythe

@Sythe I'd like to request your feedback on this.

Today I received this PM:

Screenshot - a5b3a9ab4ef5ecd5a93f2ea165e688a8 - Gyazo

Referring to my account threads for RS. I'd like you to overturn or consider writing an exception to the rules in the markets that excludes websites from having to show these pieces of information if they can be freely found on the website that is being linked in the thread.

Epicnpc & other large forums have that exact policy; For individuals who don't re-sell or sell in volume the pieces of evidence required are similar to Sythes - However if it's a merchant/website selling the accounts - They allow them to just link customers to their websites provided the information that is typically required can be found on the website.
    This is a completely reasonable policy as some account sellers(such as ourselves) have hundreds of accounts in stock and the labor provided in updating the threads would literally put us out of business. Sythe is a free market and if the information is freely available on the website being linked in the thread - That information is still provided to the customer which is what the entire purpose of the stickys is - To make sure the customer gets the proper information to make a informed purchase.

I'd like to point out that I can link (ASK ME IF U DONT BELIEVE ME SYTHE) over 100 threads that are similar to my website(Accountwarehouse, gold sites, service sites, etc) that have ran for over a DECADE without following these stickys as long as the information can be found on the website their linking to(which it can). If this is ridiculous statement made by @Andy Samberg is enforced half the market will be locked.

The purpose as I said is to make sure customers get the proper information before making a purchase ; It's insanity to imply that they cannot just receive this information on the site being advertised in sythes sections. I'd like you personally to step in and protect the market - This has worked without headache or difficulty literally since the start of Sythe. It's REDICILOUS to imply that where customers receive the information from (whether its a sythe thread or a website) is different; All that matters is that they get the proper information.

This is purely for Sythe and nobody else.

^ bloodhounx likes this.
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  3. Unread #2 - Nov 11, 2018 at 4:05 PM
  4. Tyler
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Tyler#2286
    Two Factor Authentication User SytheSteamer Signature of the Month Participant Sythe's 10th Anniversary Toast Wallet User Verified Overwatch Diamond St. Patrick's Day 2018 Christmas 2019 Christmas 2016 (2) Former OMM
    Summer 2019 In Memory of Jon Member of the Month Winner Easter 2016 Pokémon Trainer Poképedia

Tyler Infraction king.
    Tyler Donor Prince Yobabo Retired Sectional Moderator

@Sythe

Post a picture of a clear banmeter on your thread like everyone else does because the rules state to do so.

Then PM him lmao.

^ FlyingToast, Talon, Josik1 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Unread #3 - Nov 11, 2018 at 4:07 PM
  6. Sun
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Sunflora Mareep Flaaffy Ampharos Poképedia Rakashrug Baby Yoda Carrot Detective Verified Bronze
    Two Factor Authentication User

Sun Yankiee
    Retired Administrator Crabby Pirate Legendary

@Sythe

You are still using our website to advertise thus you must follow our rules. Not sure why this is such a hard concept for you.

You're welcome to report people who don't.

^ Josik1 and Program like this.
  7. Unread #4 - Nov 11, 2018 at 4:10 PM
  8. Pain
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Banned

@Sythe

This is for Sythe only. It's his market. Staff have been telling people for half a decade you cant dispute an infraction via the disputes section and guess what? 5 years later Sythe said that's wrong and that you can.

Staff and the owner of the market are clearly not on the same page anymore. Your suppose to enforce a free market policy that Sythe lays out - Not contradict him. More and more you see Sythe reversing things - Things he didn't have to do years ago. Now I'd say he's reversing/changing/making new statements on a weekly basis.

You can clearly see staff and him are not on the same page to how the rules should be interpreted and I'm done dealing with the shit show of 15 different opinions and than his is completely opposite.

9. Unread #5 - Nov 11, 2018 at 4:12 PM
  10. Program
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    FuukinAndy #6867

Program Formerly known as Andy Samberg
    Retired Sectional Moderator

@Sythe

Since my initial pm didn't fully encompass the issue I'll clarify it now:

Simply linking a website as means of advertising sale of accounts breaks many of our rules here on Sythe. We require that accounts be properly categorized in the appropriate section, backed up by the required proofs of the section, and displayed on Sythe.

I've already informed a couple other large sellers not following these rules.

11. Unread #6 - Nov 11, 2018 at 4:14 PM
  12. Pain
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Banned

@Sythe

Which is completely irrelevant because I'm asking Sythe to write a clause to allow websites to be an exception.

Also none of you are named Sythe. He's not stupid. He doesn't need you to tell him about his own market practices that have been going on without issue for 10+ years.

You'd have to be a moron to think that whether a customer gets the information on Sythe or a website is any different; IT'S THE SAME INFORMATION. They still make the same informed decision with the same set of information. When purchasing from a website that's the entire bloody point of the stickys in the first place.

13. Unread #7 - Nov 11, 2018 at 4:22 PM
  14. RandyRon
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Fidycent#6219
    Nitro Booster Two Factor Authentication User

RandyRon Forum Addict
    $50 USD Donor New

@Sythe

I understand that its quite a complicated concept, i have made this for you to simplify it.

[​IMG]

15. Unread #8 - Nov 11, 2018 at 4:24 PM
  16. Sun
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Sunflora Mareep Flaaffy Ampharos Poképedia Rakashrug Baby Yoda Carrot Detective Verified Bronze
    Two Factor Authentication User

Sun Yankiee
    Retired Administrator Crabby Pirate Legendary

@Sythe

You do realize writing a clause/changing something doesn't mean staff were wrong, it just means Sythe sees the side/potential of having now changing something that has since been different. Don't confuse the two. It's pretty annoying to constantly see you belittling staff just because you always find a way to complain about something. If you want something changed, try to get something changed before doing something your way, getting up in arms when staff tell you you're doing something wrong, and THEN post about how said thing needs to be changed/staff are stupid.

Sythe's on the page though so I'll leave it be.

^ Pendulum and Program like this.
  17. Unread #9 - Nov 11, 2018 at 4:24 PM
  18. Sythe
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Sythe
    Dolan Duck Dolan Trump Supporting Business ???
    Poképedia
    Clefairy Jigglypuff
    Who did this to my freakin' car!
    Hell yeah boooi
    Tier 3 Prizebox Toast Wallet User
    I'm LAAAAAAAME Rust Player Mewtwo Mew Live Free or Die Poké Prizebox (42) Dat Boi

Sythe Join our discord

test

Administrator Village Drunk

@Sythe

I'm not making an exception for this. You're free to point out to your customers that there are more accounts for sale on your website via your signature. If you use a sales thread it has to comply with the section rules.

^ DesireX, Andy, Pendulum and 4 others like this.
  19. Unread #10 - Nov 11, 2018 at 4:25 PM
  20. Pain
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Banned

@Sythe

You've been making an exception since 2007. I'm just asking to keep it in place. There are literally threads from 2007 that have never once been locked in 11 years and all of a sudden now their all "bad" and "invalid".

21. Unread #11 - Nov 11, 2018 at 4:27 PM
  22. Sythe
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Sythe
    Dolan Duck Dolan Trump Supporting Business ???
    Poképedia
    Clefairy Jigglypuff
    Who did this to my freakin' car!
    Hell yeah boooi
    Tier 3 Prizebox Toast Wallet User
    I'm LAAAAAAAME Rust Player Mewtwo Mew Live Free or Die Poké Prizebox (42) Dat Boi

Sythe Join our discord

test

Administrator Village Drunk

@Sythe

sales threads are not free advertising endpoints to direct traffic to your website(s)

follow the rules and state clearly what you are selling

23. Unread #12 - Nov 11, 2018 at 4:29 PM
  24. Pain
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Banned

@Sythe

What we're selling is clearly stated in the threads ;

Screenshot - 434db99744d68175d60b008e297616f2 - Gyazo

That is part of the free market; The title tells consumers that we are buying and selling RS2007 accounts -> The thread layout further reinforces a wider variety of products we buy (Including RS2007 accounts) and if consumers want specifics as to what accounts we are selling; They can visit the website. The information that's being required in stickys doesn't even belong in a thread ; It belongs on the website.

Your breaking up the natural flow of the market. This is a standard practice to inform consumers of a potential place to buy/sell a product -> provide basic information in a funnel -> Funnel them to a website to gain full access to all information.

Which is why all the other big forums allow what I stated in the OP; If the final landing place of the consumer(website) contains the needed information; Don't disrupt the flow of the funnels/market.

That line of thinking is what has killed off Sythe over the years. The websites advertised here use Sythe as a funnel to drive traffic which gives this forum value(why we buy ads, etc). Saying that sale threads are not "free advertising endpoints" is a restriction on the free market; Something that you've supposedly always stood by.

I have no issue about staff locking threads if the final consumer destination(website) does not contain the proper information that Sythe requires ; Epicnpc and other forums lock threads if it doesn't. What I'm asking is an exception continue to be made if websites do have the information that Sythe typically requires provided to the consumer on their website versus sythe; That way the consumer can make the same informed decision as if they were on Sythe browsing individual threads vs a websites threads.

This has worked perfectly for over a decade ; Consumers still get the proper information and are happy ; Websites don't have to spend upteen hours updating threads ; It's a win-win.

Why would you ever think screwing the sites over a non-existent problem is the right stance to take?

25. Unread #13 - Nov 11, 2018 at 4:32 PM
  26. Tyler
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Tyler#2286
    Two Factor Authentication User SytheSteamer Signature of the Month Participant Sythe's 10th Anniversary Toast Wallet User Verified Overwatch Diamond St. Patrick's Day 2018 Christmas 2019 Christmas 2016 (2) Former OMM
    Summer 2019 In Memory of Jon Member of the Month Winner Easter 2016 Pokémon Trainer Poképedia

Tyler Infraction king.
    Tyler Donor Prince Yobabo Retired Sectional Moderator

@Sythe

Lmao just follow the rules.

^ Pirate, Russian_killer1337, Andy and 2 others like this.
  27. Unread #14 - Nov 11, 2018 at 8:14 PM
  28. Accountwarehouse
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Accountwarehouse AccountWarehouse.com | #1 MMO Account Provider
    $100 USD Donor New

@Sythe

Normally we stay out of these discussions but this one directly affects us. We understand that rules are in place for a reason but what exactly is that reason? Is it to protect the members of your community? Screenshots should indeed be required from individual sellers for a multitude of reasons but professional sellers should not be required to post screenshots of every account in their inventory. We routinely have over 150 accounts in stock at any given time with a daily turnover of 10-15 accounts. There is no way this can be maintained. This is a level of red tape and bureaucracy that only serves one purpose: push away professional sellers. So that brings up my original question. Is the purpose of these rules in order to protect the community? Driving away professional sellers accomplishes exactly the opposite.

With that said, if @Sythe decision is his final decision we would rather just have our posts closed and move on. We are the #2 and #3 result on Google along with the #1 result on Adwords so our customers will continue to find us regardless of the decision made here. Do what's best for your community.

29. Unread #15 - Nov 11, 2018 at 8:16 PM
  30. Ex
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Live Streamer I'm LAAAAAAAME In Memory of Jon Paper Trading Competition Participant Sythe's 10th Anniversary

Ex Previously known as Excelont

@Sythe

Hey it’s me the real Sythe.

If you want to take the easy way out just post your most valuable account here on sythe that meets all the requirements and photos needed. Hell even put them in a spoiler to reduce space. Then you can just freely advertise your site below the account information saying “HEY GO HERE FOR MORE ACCOUNTS” that links to your website

31. Unread #16 - Nov 11, 2018 at 8:39 PM
  32. John Devola
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Two Factor Authentication User Stay a while and listen Twitter Tier 1 Prizebox (7) Dolan Duck (2) Member of the Month Winner Creamy Tier 5 Prizebox Tier 4 Prizebox Tier 3 Prizebox
    Tier 6 Prizebox Baby Yoda Nitro Booster Hey... this isnt a fun rank Garchomp Pikachu Lawrence Chansey Penguin Dragon Claws
    Tier 2 Prizebox

John Devola Apprentice
    $500 USD Donor

@Sythe

@Divine I am thankful staff is now cracking down on your skirting of the rules. Everybody on this site should be held to the same standard. I know you don't believe this and believe that you should be able to flout the rules in everything but name.

Since this is a feedback thread, I am glad that Sythe and everyone put your ass in its place

33. Unread #17 - Nov 11, 2018 at 9:09 PM
  34. tMoon
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    <3 n4n0 STEVE Former OMM

tMoon FoRmErLy KnOwN aS Tmoe
    Crabby Retired Administrator Monster $5 USD Donor

@Sythe

then why dont u pm him??

here i tagged him for you @Sythe

Just click his name and then click "start a conversation"

i got your back big rich!

^ FlyingToast and Dank like this.
  35. Unread #18 - Nov 11, 2018 at 9:15 PM
  36. John Devola
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Two Factor Authentication User Stay a while and listen Twitter Tier 1 Prizebox (7) Dolan Duck (2) Member of the Month Winner Creamy Tier 5 Prizebox Tier 4 Prizebox Tier 3 Prizebox
    Tier 6 Prizebox Baby Yoda Nitro Booster Hey... this isnt a fun rank Garchomp Pikachu Lawrence Chansey Penguin Dragon Claws
    Tier 2 Prizebox

John Devola Apprentice
    $500 USD Donor

@Sythe

It is very different. On one end they are agreeing to the terms of your site, on the other they are afforded the protections that have been laid down as rules by Sythe admins.

@Chicks wanna pay me 2k to write ur pardon? I am very connected

37. Unread #19 - Nov 11, 2018 at 10:20 PM
  38. Pain
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Banned

@Sythe

It's amusing how clueless most of these users are is it not? Sythe continues to lose influence as the forum drops in community every day yet we are the ones receiving dictator like PM's telling us to do something or else.

Don't bother with the rest of them the community and most of staff is clueless, even when Sythe says something against me I at least know he has a brain. I don't insult staff when I say their clueless ; I like a good chunk of them but the fact is the majority don't understand business or how to cater to it.

All these years later staff still don't understand why this forums community died; They don't understand that Sythe generates(for us at least - 15% of traffic - for you it generates 2-3%) yet we are the ones who get bullied and talked down to. So many business's have left this forum voluntarily due to the failures of Sythes policies and their stances and attitudes. Your a multi 7 figure company and their going to turn you away over some threads that have been in existence since 2007.

This forum is oblivious to its failings and always has been. It's run by the last 10-20 community members on this forum and none of them are business oriented because everyone business oriented has abandoned this forum.

This forum's ultimate failure is and always will be it's failure to cater to sellers and merchants. I cannot tell you how disappointed I feel that this forum has failed so badly when I spent the majority (12-16 hours a day) growing up on this forum from age 15 to 20. It is really, really sad to watch it slowly burn a slow death when I knew some people on here better than people I actually knew IRL.

All drama aside I don't even recognize this forum anymore. Really sad.

39. Unread #20 - Nov 11, 2018 at 10:38 PM
  40. Accountwarehouse
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Accountwarehouse AccountWarehouse.com | #1 MMO Account Provider
    $100 USD Donor New

@Sythe

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Sythe generates 0.2% of our overall traffic so if we have to leave the site it's not the biggest deal. We are not asking for special privileges, but rather to continue doing business as we have for the past 10 years. The real focus should be on preserving the community and protecting users from scams and fraudulent users rather than running off legitimate businesses who don't fit into this cookie cutter rule.

< RSgoldstop = rude morons who make prices up as they go | Mod Abuse... >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Adblock breaks this site