Help with PlayerAuctions

Discussion in 'Market Discussion' started by jeolidus, Sep 18, 2018.

Help with PlayerAuctions
  1. Unread #1 - Sep 18, 2018 at 7:34 PM
  2. jeolidus
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

jeolidus Member

Help with PlayerAuctions

Hey, hoping you guys can help me out here.

I purchased an account on plauerauctions with their added on player insurance.

It was recovered about two weeks later, and I then raised a dispute over both the password and recovery email being changed.

Unbelievably, I lost the dispute. I showed pictures of the account recovery email being set to mine, and then another picture of it being different when I tried to recover the account via email.

Playerauctions could have also checked this themselves.

Anyway...I left it for 1-2 days, and then ventured onto the site again. I browsed onto the guy’s profile who I purchase the account on, -_- what do I see...the same acccount up for sale again...same text used to sell as before, same price, same stats...

I then logged a ticket, explaining all of this to playerauctions.

This what I said

“Dear PlayerAuctions team,

On the 4th of September 2018: I bought this account, which was a staff of the dead pure on oldschool runescape from a player called "RsNations"

On 14th September 2018: I disputed this sale, as the account was recovered. The password and recovery email were changed and I could not login anymore.

On September 17th 2018: I lost the dispute, even though I provided sufficient evidence to show the account was recovered.

Now the account has been put on sale again! By the same seller! (link is below)

https://www.playerauctions.com/rs2007-account/140291669a!toxic-staff-of-the-dead-fire-surge-sotd-pure-75511/

This is ridiculous,as I paid over $200 (with insurance), yet you are letting this seller recover the account and put it back up for sale!

Please can you resolve this issue urgently.”

This is the response I got....

“Based on the evidence provided during our investigation, we are unable to determine that the seller is responsible for the loss of access to your account. Unfortunately, we must inform you that PlayerAuctions’ policy towards game account trades and insurance precludes us from continuing with this investigation.

Without conclusive proof, we cannot hold the seller liable. This case is now closed.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation during our investigation.

Regards,
    Catherine”

Can anyone help me out here?

Account was over $200 so it’s not a minor amount...

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  3. Unread #2 - Sep 18, 2018 at 7:35 PM
  4. jeolidus
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

jeolidus Member

Help with PlayerAuctions

Just to add, I replied again with the follow...I was mad lol.

“Catherine, but how can you allow the same account to be sold again? By the same seller?

Regardless of what evidence was presented in the dispute. The evidence is right in front of you, if you click on that link I sent initially. You will see that this is THE SAME ACCOUNT, by THE SAME SELLER being SOLD AFTER I BOUGHT IT.

Please tell me you understand what’s going on.”

5. Unread #3 - Sep 18, 2018 at 7:44 PM
  6. Time Crunch
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    time_crunch
    St. Patrick's Day 2021 Hey... this isnt a fun rank Two Factor Authentication User

Time Crunch Be The Reason People Believe in Good People.
    Time Crunch Donor

Help with PlayerAuctions

Hey there,

I have gone through the same situation multiple times. Grossing over $1000 lost. At this point, there really is nothing you can do. They will not re-open a disputed case. You can feel free to contact Richard on Sythe. @PlayerAuctions . He is an employee, and very nice person. He's helped me with all of my issues. Although like I stated above, there really is nothing that you can do.

- In my case, the seller never replied once to the dispute, but he had still won. As the buyer of the account, they want you to show proof that the account was recovered. (You need to get an email from Jagex stating the the account was recovered.) (Honestly impossible.) I've tried multiple times with no success, although @PlayerAuctions says it is possible.

I've brought this situation to their attention multiple times with no success. Therefore I no longer purchase accounts anymore.

I wish you the best of luck, and I'm sure Richard will input here as needed. :~)

^ PlayerAuctions likes this.
  7. Unread #4 - Sep 19, 2018 at 12:55 PM
  8. jeolidus
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

jeolidus Member

Help with PlayerAuctions

Appreciate the response and thanks for giving me some insight into your situation- seems bleak and fraustrating.

To be honest I’m past caring for getting my money or the account back at this point in time.

I just want this ‘RsNations’ to be prevented from selling the same account he’s recovered from buyers.

@PlayerAuctions - Richard, all I ask is that you please take appropriate action against this seller, as I don’t want him to scam anyone else out of their hard earned money. He’s basically being allowed to steal the accounts and re-sell them on the same site - there’s obviously a serious flaw in the way account sales are monitored.

I won’t be purchasing accounts again from PA, given what has happened.

And I know some people might say ‘Oh- but you should know all accounts can get recovered!’

Yea, I do know this. And I’m half expecting them and to be recovered at any point in time, but the fact that @PlayerAuctions did not recognise he recovered the account, and put it up for sale again is very worrying.

Actually @PlayerAuctions (Richard) -

Please answer this question.

In the dispute, the seller said I had lied about him recovering the account and that he could not recover it. Yet, ONLY 1 DAY after th dispute ended, he put the same account up for sale again...

This is actually ridiculous man...can’t believe shit like happens.

Just hope it’s prevented in future

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  9. Unread #5 - Sep 19, 2018 at 1:01 PM
  10. Time Crunch
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    time_crunch
    St. Patrick's Day 2021 Hey... this isnt a fun rank Two Factor Authentication User

Time Crunch Be The Reason People Believe in Good People.
    Time Crunch Donor

Help with PlayerAuctions

Also, just worth the mention.. PA does know that people try to resell accounts after they recovered them. They have a system in place to negate this from happening, but it’s not a very good system.

The seller can not resell the same account as an instant delivery again. The system will show that the account is suspected of fraud. Although they still seem to get around this.

I had purchased an account awhile ago and the seller delivered the email like this: BlahBlah(a)yahoo.com instead of [email protected].

Unfortunately the system still thinks its an email , or well login. (Not to mention the seller I bought it from had 400+ reviews.)

11. Unread #6 - Sep 19, 2018 at 1:07 PM
  12. jeolidus
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

jeolidus Member

Help with PlayerAuctions

Yeah the account was put on instant sale again.

Should have known the site is full of flaws...I should have known. Especially if a 400+ seller is scamming you.

Probably based in a random Asian city. No real procedures in place, uneducated staff who can barely understand/communicate in English.

You realise they’re probably capable of taking appropriate action but don’t want to lose out on their own commission.

So ultimately, it’s not that they can’t do anything. They obviously can. It just boils down to $$$$ at the end of the day.

13. Unread #7 - Sep 19, 2018 at 1:38 PM
  14. Josik1
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Username:
    Josik1#8242
    Detective Two Factor Authentication User

Josik1 Hero
    $25 USD Donor New

Help with PlayerAuctions

Hello @jeolidus sorry to hear what happened , to contact PA you have to go to their dispute thread here on Sythe

You can find the thread here and tell them your problem so atleast the guy that scammed you gets banned PlayerAuctions Issues Resolution Thread

Good luck man

15. Unread #8 - Sep 19, 2018 at 1:56 PM
  16. jeolidus
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

jeolidus Member

Help with PlayerAuctions

I did dispute this, but I lostthe dispute- and the guy who sold the account to me put it back up for sale (if you read the thread above you would have known).

That’s why I’m trying to prevent this from happening again...and again...

17. Unread #9 - Sep 19, 2018 at 1:57 PM
  18. jeolidus
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

jeolidus Member

Help with PlayerAuctions

PlayerAuctions seem happy to let someone who’s recovering sold accounts re-sell them on their site (just so they can make more money).

19. Unread #10 - Sep 19, 2018 at 2:19 PM
  20. Josik1
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Username:
    Josik1#8242
    Detective Two Factor Authentication User

Josik1 Hero
    $25 USD Donor New

Help with PlayerAuctions

I read the thread and Im telling you to go to their issue resolution thread which I linked you above if you want to do something about this , here you wont get a response from them.

By the way you did the dispute through their site not through Sythe.

Edit : Yes PA has a lot of flaws but if you present enought proof of the guy trying to resell the acc with a fake mail like @Time Crunch said you can get him banned , you probably wont get your money back tho

^ PlayerAuctions likes this.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  21. Unread #11 - Sep 19, 2018 at 9:47 PM
  22. PlayerAuctions
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Le RsProd Shitting Rainbow UWotM8?

PlayerAuctions Guru

Help with PlayerAuctions

Hello, Jeolidus. I'd like to acknowledge receiving your PM so I can check out this thread. We have a dedicated section (as people have pointed out) here: PlayerAuctions Issues Resolution Thread

But since you were able to reach out to me through PM, we can just continue talking there.

Thank you so much @Time Crunch and @Josik1 for providing assistance. Mods and admins please feel free to close this now, and thank you; I will personally ask Jeolidus for info.

^ Time Crunch likes this.
  23. Unread #12 - Sep 21, 2018 at 5:32 AM
  24. Zuzel111
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    spartars
    Two Factor Authentication User Sythe Awards 2013 Winner MushyMuncher Pokémon Trainer St. Patrick's Day 2013 Easter 2013 Lumpy Space Princess Sythe RSPS Player Halloween 2013
    Christmas 2013 Gohan has AIDS <3 n4n0 Tortoise Penis Heidy UWotM8? Shitting Rainbow Former OMM Hey... this isnt a fun rank
    Supporting Business Spyro Potamus Extreme Homosex St. Patrick's Day 2014 Sythe's 10th Anniversary

Zuzel111 www.Sparta.Rs - #1 Fire Cape service 1 Def 1 Pray
    Zuzel111 Donor Retired Sectional Moderator

Help with PlayerAuctions

I have no idea why do you even dispute it. Account is recoverable good and risk of recovery should be always in your mind, considering atleast 80% of accounts are recovered after sale. Playerauctions or any other middleman will never guarrante you safety after purchase. Strong seller's reputation is the only thing that guarrantes safety

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  25. Unread #13 - Sep 21, 2018 at 5:41 AM
  26. Pain
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Pain Formerly known as Divine
    Banned

Help with PlayerAuctions

PA's insurance is a scam - They have a monetary incentive to rule with the sellers versus buyers. Not hating on the support here either - The guy from Sythe is great - Their policy's and Insurance are flat scams though, I would bet every dollar in my bank account if they were audited by someone like the IRS they would be guilty of fraud. They sell insurance to cushion their bottom line - Not to help anyone.

Always will be.

^ Time Crunch likes this.
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
< Question | Account Market Question >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest

Adblock breaks this site