Discussion in 'Market Discussion' started by Minted, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Unread #1 - Dec 5, 2017 at 10:46 AM
  2. Minted
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Minted Member

What's in it for them? - Probably a stupid question, but I've never had any experience in the market section. Do they really just offer their time just to help people not get scammed? It seems strange.

3. Unread #2 - Dec 5, 2017 at 11:32 AM
  4. BlackBlasses
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    blackblasses
    Member of the Month Winner Two Factor Authentication User Sythe's 15th Anniversary
    May the 4th Be With You Pool Shark (2) March Madness (2) Rust Player Sandbox Participant Donor Lounge Participant Nitro Booster (3) Community Participant Community Development Team Member Toast Wallet User

BlackBlasses Runestake.com - Slots & Original Games

Let's say that they are not doing it directly for the money, but they are not doing it for nothing.

It's a way to:
    • get more vouches (can be associated with more tust)
    • advertise their name (can be associated with more tust)
    • increase their post cont (can be associated with more tust)
    • get proofs for their OMM application (OMM can be associated with more tust + directly make money from fees)
    More trust/added target buyers increase potentional profit.

Now someone who does free MMing to just help the community and doesn't do it for the profit
    still gets "rewards" mentioned above, even though he might not care.

EDIT: I should also add that some users do it before their scam-quits to steal more money (you can line it up with other trades)

^ Mr.King, Minted and Katana like this.
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  5. Unread #3 - Dec 5, 2017 at 11:35 AM
  6. Katana
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Playboi_j
    Dragon Ball

Katana The way of the warrior

Why does there have to be something in it for us? Why can't we just help others out of good spirit? I honestly would never pay for middleman services because I'm just trying to help prevent others from being scammed. Being scammed sucks and we've all been there.

^ Minted and Wortel like this.
  7. Unread #4 - Dec 5, 2017 at 12:05 PM
  8. Minted
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Minted Member

So even if you were to do it anonymously (i.e. your profile was not linked with your middleman services and you could not reap any indirect benefits or positions), you would still do it for free? It's hypothetical, but I'm just wondering if you really are just doing it merely to help, or if you're mainly doing it due to one or more of BlackBlasses aforementioned set of reasons.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  9. Unread #5 - Dec 5, 2017 at 12:54 PM
  10. Katana
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Playboi_j
    Dragon Ball

Katana The way of the warrior

Yes I would. I enjoy being a middleman and helping others not to mention it hardly takes anytime when doing the trades. Good things happen to good people js

^ Wortel likes this.
  11. Unread #6 - Dec 6, 2017 at 6:24 AM
  12. Wortel
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Carrot Sythe's 15th Anniversary (2)
    Detective Two Factor Authentication User OG Club SytheSteamer WoW Classic Member of the Month Winner Photography Competition Winner I saw Matthew In Memory of Jon
    May the 4th Be With You Member of the Quarter Winner

Wortel Strive not to be a success, rather be of value.
    Wortel Donor Ghost Face Retired Global Moderator

Your way of thinking worries me, but it's also a way of thinking I use regarding different matters: there's only one way and that's the wrong one. I quit middlemanning account trades because I was feeling partially responsible for the scams happening. For the same reason I don't middleman PayPal trades. I'm only middlemanning trades where I'm faily certain scams are near to impossible.

Anyways, I don't do it for the money (because my service is free), neither do I do it for the vouches. I think I do try to push my trust a bit higher every single time; I like to see what my limits are in terms of holding money (what amount of money seriously triggers me etc.) and also to prove users that not everyone on earth is a scammer/a fool. That bothered me the most when I joined Sythe: you're immediately seen as a scammer/ban evader, but now that I've been on Sythe myself for a while I also understand why I was treated that way; because literally 90% of the new people here are either here to scam or ban evade. Every single day is the same and nothing is basically a surprise anymore.

THAT pushes me to be good to people here. As you might see I even offer some kind of account training for free for known donators - who the fuck does that? Only users who are in need of vouches or whatever do such thing; exactly - that's where I try to come in and prove users the opposite. We're already living in a world we're supposed to be the best, be someone else. Let's just try to be ourselves, something better.

^ Mr.King, Katana and Minted like this.
  13. Unread #7 - Dec 6, 2017 at 6:28 AM
  14. Minted
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Minted Member

You're an incredible asset to the community, not many people like you, certainly not me. Complete respect for you and Katana. ;)

Thanks.

^ Katana and Wortel like this.
< Question about paypal | Price check: Max cape / Quest cape / Multiple Pets / all untradeables >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest

Adblock breaks this site