Sythe Political Podcast [Looking for participants!] #SytheDebates

Discussion in 'Something For All' started by Time To Buy, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Unread #1 - Oct 24, 2016 at 10:41 AM
  2. Time To Buy
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    In Memory of Jon <3 n4n0 (2) Poképedia Cool Kid Le Kingdoms Player Jake the Dog Green eggs and spam Rupee (2) RsProd OG Club
    Tom Black Bojack Wait, do you not have an Archer rank? Oktoberfest 2013 Pizza Muncher Dunce Le DIAF
    Le Monkey We Are Legion Easter 2013 Village Drunk Ninja Brony Dragon Ball 420 yolo swag blaze it fuck the popo legalize it anyone got some chips

Time To Buy <3 Champ, Ryan, Trip, Beev, Stui, Yaroow, Semper, Pk, BSGP, FT, Poker, and ALL of Spam Forum
    Time to Buy Donor Retired Global Moderator

#SytheDebates

Hey everyone, CDT is looking to host a debate over the candidates before the upcoming US election. The goal is to hear what the different sides have to see and hopefully convince any undecided sythe voters of who they should vote for.

Please post below if you're interested in participating. We are hoping to get a wide range of opinions, so in your post, add how you would enhance the discussion (i.e. pro-Trump, pro-Hillary, pro-Jill, pro-Gary, pro-other, non-US perspective, ect) The discussion will be recorded and then posted in an upcoming thread in Community General.

We're hoping to have a moderator in the channel to make sure the discussion doesn't get out of hand. We're well aware that this might not work out, but we're still going to try it ;p Who knows, some opinions might be swayed.

^ tMoon and Sonia like this.
  3. Unread #2 - Oct 24, 2016 at 11:16 AM
  4. Sonia
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    <3 n4n0 Two Factor Authentication User Community Participant Support Center Participant Writing Competition Winner In Memory of Jon Valentine's Day 2017 (2) Valentine's Day 2016 Pokémon Trainer Togepi
    Penguin

Sonia A Beautiful Soul and a Heart of Gold. <3
    $200 USD Donor New

I would really like to see some actual intelligent discussion revolving around the general election in the US and how it will impact everything else in regards to the market, currency, the plans of the candidates, on the rest of the world etc. Can't wait to see some non-US perspective as well.

@Tmoe @malakadang any input?

^ tMoon likes this.
  5. Unread #3 - Oct 24, 2016 at 11:19 AM
  6. malakadang
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    malakadang#3473
    Two Factor Authentication User Easter 2013 Doge Community Participant

malakadang Hero
    malakadang Donor Retired Global Moderator

This would coincide with my exam period so I can't commit to being there. However keep me posted on the time, and if I can fit in, I'll try to be there.

Because I can't resist this political discussion, I will say that it is very strange to debate about what a candidate proposes to do when that very same candidate is known to say one thing and do another!

^ Sonia likes this.
  7. Unread #4 - Oct 24, 2016 at 4:50 PM
  8. 68w_
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here

68w_ Member
    $25 USD Donor New

I love the idea, but shit man, I can't argue for either of these people. Maybe further down the road with individual topics I'd certainly participate, if I was accepted to of course.

9. Unread #5 - Oct 24, 2016 at 5:15 PM
  10. Sonia
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    <3 n4n0 Two Factor Authentication User Community Participant Support Center Participant Writing Competition Winner In Memory of Jon Valentine's Day 2017 (2) Valentine's Day 2016 Pokémon Trainer Togepi
    Penguin

$200 USD Donor New

What other topics would you be interested in discussing? If there is anything of interest; post on this thread here: Sythe Political Podcast [Looking for participants!] #SytheDebates as this is meant to be more for if people want to actually discuss the subject that will be podcasted not in the form of voice, but intelligently here.

We may think about Sythe related topics in the future as well, does that intrigue you? @Roary

11. Unread #6 - Oct 24, 2016 at 5:33 PM
  12. 68w_
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here

68w_ Member
    $25 USD Donor New

Foreign policy, gun control, immigration. The typical politics, just without the politicians special interest groups involved.

^ Sonia likes this.
  13. Unread #7 - Oct 25, 2016 at 3:17 PM
  14. Spyder69
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    spyder69

Spyder69 Forum Addict
    $25 USD Donor New

This would be great, except the only problem is most of the people that post in this section are clueless dunces that use conspiracy theories and one-liners as arguments. There are a few good posters, but most are complete idiots.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  15. Unread #8 - Oct 25, 2016 at 3:27 PM
  16. Time To Buy
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    In Memory of Jon <3 n4n0 (2) Poképedia Cool Kid Le Kingdoms Player Jake the Dog Green eggs and spam Rupee (2) RsProd OG Club
    Tom Black Bojack Wait, do you not have an Archer rank? Oktoberfest 2013 Pizza Muncher Dunce Le DIAF
    Le Monkey We Are Legion Easter 2013 Village Drunk Ninja Brony Dragon Ball 420 yolo swag blaze it fuck the popo legalize it anyone got some chips

Time To Buy <3 Champ, Ryan, Trip, Beev, Stui, Yaroow, Semper, Pk, BSGP, FT, Poker, and ALL of Spam Forum

Not everyone will be taken for that reason. Hopefully some more serious posters will be interested soon so we can put this together before the election.

17. Unread #9 - Oct 25, 2016 at 3:59 PM
  18. Spyder69
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    spyder69

Spyder69 Forum Addict
    $25 USD Donor New

JSand, Xier0 and Shredderbeam are the only people I expect (in my personal run-ins in my threads or other threads) to be partaking in this that would actually be able to debate such-and-such topic without pulling "but m-m-muh feelings!" retorts out of their asses.

On the flip side of the coin, I could also give you users who fit the definition of "clueless" quite well, with examples.

^ Sonia and Time To Buy like this.
  19. Unread #10 - Oct 26, 2016 at 3:58 AM
  20. Scotty
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Gracious Le Kingdoms Player Sythe's 10th Anniversary Signature of the Month Winner In Memory of Jon

Scotty Guru
    Scotty Donor

you haven't met me yet but im a fucking legend bud you're in for a treat

^ tMoon likes this.
  21. Unread #11 - Oct 26, 2016 at 11:50 AM
  22. KyleJ
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Two Factor Authentication User Poker Chip Cook RsProd Tom Black

KyleJ Previously known as MJrules
    $300 USD Donor New

i'd be ok arguing for pro-trump, however i don't know that i'm well enough known

23. Unread #12 - Oct 27, 2016 at 7:12 AM
  24. Sonia
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Penguin

$200 USD Donor New

Hi there.

Participants of this debate will not depend on being known well enough. Simply state what you can bring forward to the debate.
    We're looking for all sorts of opinions from Sythe members of all the candidates and of the election. . as well as for outside non-US opinions.

25. Unread #13 - Oct 27, 2016 at 11:28 AM
  26. KyleJ
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Two Factor Authentication User Poker Chip Cook RsProd Tom Black

KyleJ Previously known as MJrules
    $300 USD Donor New

For the trump side of the argument, i could argue for his tax plan, healthcare reform, gun control, immigration policy. Although this is coming from 23 yr old southern republican lol

27. Unread #14 - Oct 28, 2016 at 1:16 PM
  28. Time To Buy
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:

Bump! Anyone else interested? @Xier0 @JSand @Shredderbeam

That's fine :)

^ Sonia likes this.
  29. Unread #15 - Oct 31, 2016 at 6:53 PM
  30. Sonia
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Penguin

$200 USD Donor New

Curious to see if anyone else is interested in this debate, it will happen before the actual election so if you want to have a say let us know.

^ Time To Buy likes this.
< Media using fear to control voting | The Dark Art of Political Intimidation >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest

Adblock breaks this site