[johng1208] requesting a pardon for [listed inside]

Discussion in 'Dispute Forum Archive' started by Johnnyq1208, Nov 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unread #1 - Nov 30, 2014 at 4:52 PM
  2. Johnnyq1208
    Referrals:

Johnnyq1208 Guest

• Your profile link: http://www.sythe.org/members/355565-johng1208.html
    • Report/post/reason that got you banned: http://puu.sh/64gQ8/d8a29ff730.png
    • Proof of contacting victims for repayment or repayment of victims: N/A
    • Anything you weren't banned for but want to confess to now: See below
    • Detailed description of the events that took place and why you think we should forgive you: See below
    • Did you fully read and follow this sticky thread in the pardon section?: Yes.

Foreword: For those that are unaware, I always put a great deal of effort into my pardons because I sincerely care and I am looking for a second chance back into this community. I am here accepting full responsibility for every single time I let the community down.

Hello and happy holidays to all. Johng1208 here to request a pardon for association with a scammer, the events of 12/1/13, and for ban evading. My last two pardons have made it to the Upper Staff lounge but have unfortunately failed there. I am hoping that this is the last time that I will need to pardon here on Sythe.
    Why should I be allowed back? I am not a threat to the community at all. I have never scammed anyone. There is only one incident in my past (back in February of 2013) where I have been permanently banned. What happened back then was I was new to online markets and Pay-Pal and my Pay-Pal had reversed all payments I had ever sent. I immediately private messaged the a global moderator (Video) to let him know of exactly what happened. Over the next month or so I put in countless hours of work to pay back every single person that had their money taken back. Once everyone was refunded, I was unbanned without having to go through the pardon process. That was the last issue I ever had with anyone in the market. It would have been so easy to just walk away and not pay those that were at a loss back but I am honestly not that type of person. It may have taken me a while to pay them back since I had to start over from a total balance of zero dollars but I was not going to let those people and the whole community down. So I have technically never scammed anyone and I never will. Don’t worry about that.
    Now onto association with a scammer. Ooga booga simply put, is fucked in the head. I along with the whole site cannot wait until his actions catch up to him. After all, karma’s a bitch. But sometimes you can’t help but feel bad for the guy. His family has distanced themselves from him, he lives by himself, he has no job (and no future for that matter), was homeless at one point and had to live out of his car, the extent of his education is a high school education (where he was bullied both verbally and physically), and he spends all day on the computer in his empty apartment wearing the same clothes and sleeping on the floor. At least this was where he was at the last time I talked to the idiot which is over a year ago now. I blocked him on skype back then and confirmed it with some mods. Since then there has been no looking back. I met the guy in a tinychat back in the fall of 2013. He started sucking up and telling me how he loved my spam forum posts and asked me to add him on skype. On skype he showed me some a collection of screenshots from his computer. These included things from R2Pleasent accepting stolen goods, to almost naked pictures he received from a mentally scarred girl that had been abused in her past. Things like these were the pictures oogler showed me and bragged about. Over the next few days or so we became acquaintances. I learned quite a bit about him but not as much as we all learned about this psychopath through his “novel” where we see the real, depressed Martin that was so damn close to taking his own life. I figured out he was poor and struggled to even get meals. He would beg me to buy him pizzas but I never did so he eventually had other people buy him pizzas but I do not know who. So yeah, I picked up on the fact that he was broke as shit. I suppose you could have considered us friends. A group of like five moderators have reviewed all my skype chats with so they know what we talked about. He eventually asked me to ask me to help him pay his rent so he wouldn’t go homeless and could actually eat. I was aware of his past as a scammer, but I hoped that was in the past. He was a poor desperate kid that honestly needed help and as anyone would do for their “friends”, I agreed to help him to a certain extent. Things that I did for him include: buying him a $10 phone card, selling rsgp for him, redeeming moneypaks (because Puppet’s skype was verified), and accepting Pay-Pal payments from him. My willingness to help him was controlled by my own set of morals. I made it clear that I would under no circumstances accept and stolen gold or money from him. (Moderators can confirm this). I did unfortunately accept one stolen payment which was used to buy the phone card. The rule that Sythe himself implemented states:
    R2P and other major gold sellers knowingly accepted stolen goods on multiple occasions. I never did. Mods can confirm that I asked if the payment was stolen and told him I wouldn’t accept it if was. What is the difference between me and major gold sellers? I accepted a payment that I had no idea was stolen and I am banned. They accepted knowingly stolen gold plenty of times and got a “get out of jail free card”. Anyways, it was decided by moderators back when this happened that I would not have to refund him because I did not knowingly accept stolen goods. I admit that this was not the first time I held Pay-Pal for ooga. In the weeks before that I often redeemed MoneyPaks for him and bought him rsgp because at the time I shared a Pay-Pal with Puppet Master. Keep in mind that I never accepted a knowingly stolen payment. My last pardon was likely denied in the Upper Staff Lounge because I couldn’t provide screenshots of the PayPal as proof. With basic research one can find out that the PayPal email was “[email protected]”. In case you didn’t know, John Ristuben is Puppet Master. When he was banned for ban-evading in the fall of 2013, he changed the password to the PayPal as he was the original owner of the account. While my last pardon was still up, I tried to contact him to get screenshots of the account logs (proof can be provided if necessary) because I honestly did nothing wrong and I knew how sketchy it would look if I said I can’t provide proofs of the PayPal. Unfortunately he never responded. I haven’t talked to him in probably like a year. Please do not let this be the reason I am not allowed back to the community. I have already provided photo ID to mods to prove that I am not him. Even though I didn’t have to, I proved that I am not him just like I willingly showed the mods all my skype logs with ooga. Update 12/27/14: I just got Pay-Pal screenshots. Willing to share with any/all mods on skype if you are still interested in viewing them.

I am also pardoning for my involvement in 12/1/13. The pictures were posted on Sythe and passed around on skype. I never posted any pictures anywhere or passed them around to others on skype. What happened was disgusting and wrong. I am sorry that they had to go through what happened. What I should have done was left the chat immediately and never looked at the links because they were personal and no one else’s business. Even though n4n0 is no longer my neighbor, we are still cool as a cucumber. Before the incident we were friends and we are still friends to this day.

Now onto the ban evasion. I have said it countless times before and I will say it again: I did not have any accounts and had never used Sythe before the account “johng1208”. After the fact, I had the accounts: PupMas2 (which I’ll request a ban for now since it’s not banned yet), PupMas3, O Lattes Forget, and Habanero Ranch. I’m not sure if there is a PupMas1. A google search for the name came up with no results so I believe there is just 2 and 3. None of these accounts were used to scam. All I did was add to the community. I posted around occasionally and said talked some old friends on these accounts. I actually gave back to the community by donating more money and increasing activity. I also reported Zeus because I knew he was Heads477 and provided proof via skype. I did not go around “shit-posting” with said accounts. For the accounts that were banned before now, I had full intentions to put them in my pardon. I really have no way to evidence to back this up except that I’m not going to lie in my pardon. The purpose of the accounts was for entertainment. You can go back and read all the posts on all the accounts. The reason I browse the forums is for fun and to kill time. If members aren't having fun or using it for financial gains, they should stop using the site. Or in the words of Ernest Hemmingway, “When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead.” By vading I was not harming anyone. I'm not evading a scamming ban or anything of the sort. Ban evading is "wrong" because we want to keep scammers from coming back right? Well I vaded just to have a little fun. Never scammed anything. If I could go back I wouldn’t vade of course and even promised a close friend that I would never vade again back at the start of October. The reason I wouldn’t vade again is that despite how it was cool to be a member of Sythe again and catch up with friends, it ultimately will come back to bite me in the ass. Seeing ban evasion may turn moderators voting on this pardon off from letting me back because they see it as wrong and think I should wait another six months or longer before being unbanned. I believe the last time I posted from an account was at the beginning of October. Since then, I have not created any accounts or made any posts. For those who do not know me, I am a man of my word. I honestly did break the rules but I was very disappointed in the denial of my pardon twice in a row and wanted to be a part of the community again. Sadly, I know there are current moderators that hold personal grudges against me. Some of these moderators are not willing to give me a chance. I’m not asking to be friends with these mods. I’m just asking for a chance. A very large percent of moderators are pardoned users themselves. I’m in that position now. They would never be where they are if the mods before them had not given them a chance. Moreover, I have found that people are generally not who they appear to be on Sythe. 100% of the mods that hold personal grudges against me are the ones that are unwilling to talk on Skype. When you see “johng1208” most people will think of the spam forum or a troll. I wish this was not the case. I had 2,400 posts outside of the spam forum and I honestly feel as if have more to contribute to the site than ever before. Things that I bring to the site include a trusted middle man, high quality posts, active threads, donations to the site, site activity, and much more. Also, I currently plan to study law next year and am highly interested in having discussions with Sythe himself. Sythe and I were decent acquaintances back in the day. I remember back to when miniranks were first invented and I got one of the rarest minirank at the time from b1k r1ch which was the potamus. Most miniranks are now essentially worthless but back when I was around I had the most miniranks on the site and was known for that. I even got my own minirank made back when there were only about a dozen or so miniranks and was the first non-moderator to have their own minirank. Back then the spam forum was awesome. I’m talking about tinychats, real high quality threads, when people around the forums actually had personality, and when the spam forum would get poppin’ and threads on the first page of the spam forum were actually recent. And so I digress… Whether you liked me on Sythe or not, no one and I mean no one can deny the fact that I had a significant impact in the community in my rollercoaster of a year on Sythe. Depending on who you are, you might see my influence as positive or negative but you would be lying to yourself if you said that I did not have a giant impact on the community. Hell, my last pardon had more views that the actual sticky for the pardoning section. Some of my accomplishments on Sythe are:

-Nearly 2,400 post count
    -$100 donated and Sythe Verified User and actually used my real phone number to get it.
    -I ran one of the best and most reliable Middle Man services on Sythe.
    -I successfully completed thousands in trades and received well over 200 vouches including vouches from some of the most highly esteemed members of the community.
    -Was voted overall funniest member of 2013 in the Sythe Awards 2013.I am homies with a ton of people on this site. If I am allowed back, it is not in my interest to make enemies or start drama. I do not have the time any more to be online all the time like I used to. I will post occasionally but will not be too active to be honest. For those that think I am trying to come back to scam, keep on dreaming. One of the first things I would do is get 2FA to secure my account. Besides my middle man service, I will not be using the market. Around the community I was known to be very trusted. Even now that I am banned, I am still seen as trustworthy. The mates know I have no interest in scamming. I have had moderators and administrators tell me that I am one of the most trustworthy people they know. I believe I quoted some of those posts in my last pardon. Here are a few recent vouches that I got from respected community members.

Sportjon22 (Owner of Player-Swap):
    [​IMG]

Time to Buy (Highly trusted user):
    [​IMG]

Str8 d a n k (A recently pardoned member and trusted R2P employee):
    [​IMG]

TheRSG0D (Respected Community Member/GFX Artist):
    [​IMG]

I asked these members in particular if they would be willing to vouch for my legitimacy because all in all, they are people the community trusts. These fellas trust me to the point that they have trusted me with money AND personal information including but not limited to: Pay-Pal login information, personal phone numbers, addresses, and Runescape account information. They along with many of the mates know that I have no bad intentions. I am a person that people often go to for help and advice. Those that really know me know that I am very easy going and can be trusted with things that they usually do not trust people with online. I was an asset during my time on Sythe but plan to have an even greater positive impact this time around. Even when I was banned, I unofficially worked for the Community Development Team as the co-creator of the most popular segment of Sythe Monthly, the comic strips. I’m positive everyone would love to see the return of the comics but this would just be a start. Another thing I did while banned on Sythe is that I ran a PayPal help service on the site ForumKorner.com. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the site, it is a market forum centered around Xbox trades. What I did on there was offering victims of a scam help in getting their money back if the trade was through PayPal. When I first joined Sythe, it was my first experience with market forums. I trusted the user “golden goblin” and was ultimately scammed. Getting scammed is in all honesty a really shitty feeling. No one should have to go through that in my opinion, especially new members that are unaware and naïve. I should note that the average user on ForumKorner is around 12-14 so they’re still squeakers. To have a PayPal you need to be 18. What I would do is call PayPal on their behalf once they had posted a report showing that they got scammed and try my best to retrieve the funds for them by letting the PayPal agents know what happened. I had the #1 service on ForumKorner and was trusted with thousands and the personal information of many users including multiple moderators on there. This is just more proof for the people that think I am a scammer or anything of that sort that I am just here to help the community, not hurt it whether here or other forums I am interested in organizing community events, hosting giveaways, and getting more people involved in the community overall. I really enjoy this community and only have the best wishes for it and would be stoked to see it flourish. Also, I have matured quite a bit not only since my last pardon, but in the last few months. I have more responsibilities than ever before in my life now that I am in college. Managing my money, time, and working my ass off have all been part of the college experience so far. It really gave me a bitch slap of life right to the face. I look forward to working with the community and helping other users fall in love with it in the same manner that I did when I first joined Sythe. Reading some of the posts from when I first joined I cringe at how immature and foolish they were. I’m a changed man, just looking to be allowed another chance. Some of the decisions that I made that led to my ban are honestly idiotic and in hindsight I would NEVER make those same decisions. I look forward to working for the community on a much greater scale that what I have done in the past. At this point in time, I have been banned since the fall of 2013. We are now one month away from 2015. And although time does not heal all, I am sincerely sorry for what I did. The next step to move on and for the greater good is for this pardon, my public apology to the community, to be accepted by the community. Berate my name and deny me a chance if you truly feel inclined, but that will get us nowhere. I believe it is time to move onward and upward. The pardon system is partially in place to let members back that will be an asset to the community and I plan to be nothing short of that. In a time where users with personality and regular users that help the site are needed, it would be my pleasure to lend a hand. Thanks for giving this a read, Sythe. I hope to see you soon.

-Johnnyq

3. Unread #2 - Nov 30, 2014 at 4:56 PM
  4. Jack
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Member of the Month Winner Sythe's 10th Anniversary Wubba Lubba Dub Dub The Mortyest Morty Sythe Awards 2012 Winner Le Kingdoms Player Two Factor Authentication User Spam Forum Participant I'm LAAAAAAAME
    Signature of the Month Winner

Jack The Infamous Spam Forum King
    Retired Administrator Cool Cat Legendary

Support. This is now a year Johng has been banned and I don't see him as a threat to the community whatsoever.

5. Unread #3 - Nov 30, 2014 at 5:00 PM
  6. Ardy
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Ardy#1492

Ardy dOnT bE sIlLy Im StIlL gOnNa SeNd It
    $200 USD Donor New Retired Global Moderator

I'm going to support this. Great job writing this up.

7. Unread #4 - Nov 30, 2014 at 5:12 PM
  8. Zuzel111
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    spartars
    Two Factor Authentication User Sythe Awards 2013 Winner MushyMuncher Pokémon Trainer St. Patrick's Day 2013 Easter 2013 Lumpy Space Princess Sythe RSPS Player Halloween 2013
    Christmas 2013 Gohan has AIDS <3 n4n0 Tortoise Penis Heidy UWotM8? Shitting Rainbow Former OMM Hey... this isnt a fun rank
    Supporting Business Spyro Potamus Extreme Homosex St. Patrick's Day 2014 Sythe's 10th Anniversary

Zuzel111 www.Sparta.Rs - #1 Fire Cape service 1 Def 1 Pray
    Zuzel111 Donor Retired Sectional Moderator

tl;dr Support

9. Unread #5 - Nov 30, 2014 at 5:28 PM
  10. Dave
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Sythe Awards 2013 Winner Former OMM Detective STEVE In Memory of Jon Poker Chip Pokémon Trainer (2)
    Some like it hot

Dave Legend
    Legendary Steve Retired Administrator

Sure I'll support

11. Unread #6 - Dec 1, 2014 at 11:51 AM
  12. ZippyGFX
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

ZippyGFX The Real MVP

You have my support.

13. Unread #7 - Dec 2, 2014 at 5:35 PM
  14. Dave
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Sythe Awards 2013 Winner Former OMM Detective STEVE In Memory of Jon Poker Chip Pokémon Trainer (2)
    Some like it hot

Dave Legend
    Legendary Steve Retired Administrator

Copying to USL.

< Coming back after the 4 month wait | Patrickcein23 requesting pardon for [Ban evasion] >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Adblock breaks this site