I'm not motivated to do school work and I need help

Discussion in 'Personal Support' started by Siberian Rakes, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Unread #1 - Jun 5, 2016 at 9:41 PM
  2. Siberian Rakes
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Siberian Rakes Member
    Banned

I'm a grade 12 student going to university next year and I have no work ethic whatsoever. I've been like this my whole life. I leave everything till the last minute and end up not even doing it or finishing it. I have exams in 2 weeks and a bunch of overdue work that I need to hand in or my admission will get revoked. Can anyone give me any tips on building a work ethic? I want to succeed and do well but I'm having such a hard time concentrating. I tell myself that I need to get this done or I won't go to university but I still can't do it. Even if I squeak by, this shit won't work in university and I'll just flunk out. Please help me

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  3. Unread #2 - Jun 5, 2016 at 10:23 PM
  4. Gold Dealer
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Gold Dealer Newcomer
    Banned

step 1: stop being so fucking lazy

5. Unread #3 - Jun 6, 2016 at 7:00 AM
  6. Dobi
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Dobi Buying&Selling&Swap RSPS/RS07/RS3 - Max Main Rentals - www.PieGp.com - 24/7 Online !

There is someone who can help you who is yourself!

7. Unread #4 - Jun 6, 2016 at 6:57 PM
  8. Unspeaking
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Unspeaking Buying/Selling 07 Gold via BTC/Interac/Verified PP
    Banned

Get off websites like these, or atleast stop investing so much time into it.

9. Unread #5 - Jun 7, 2016 at 10:23 AM
  10. BamZam
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    SytheSteamer Paper Trading Competition Participant

BamZam Forum Addict

If you want to build a work ethic, start small.

Personally, I've constantly struggled with having my work done at the last minute. Like you, it has stuck with me all my life, up to when I reached secondary 4, which is around 16 years old.

Maybe it is my country's environment which forced me into this mold I've never wanted to attempt to fit into, but hey, it's for the best right? (Hopefully) Perhaps in the long run, I can produce consistent and promising results and feel proud for something I've achieved through my hard work, which is based off my work ethic.

Like anyone else, start from somewhere. You don't have to be an upbeat lad and go, "Alright I will do x amount of homework and make sure I clear off my overdue work and make sure I score straight As for my major examinations!", oh please don't do that, you would just screw yourself over.

Start small. Try clearing overdue homework piece by piece, perhaps 3 pieces of homework in one day. You say you have difficulty concentrating, I say you are just easily distracted by the electronic devices all around you (I am guilty of that). Maybe you have an illness which causes you to have difficulty concentrating, perhaps that might be the case too.

Enough of diverging from the main point. If you were to start the habit of clearing your homework day by day, and incorporating some extra homework which you took the initiative to work on, your work ethic will slowly begin to form. It may not be the best, but you can slowly refine it to be consistent and it might even be something you can take pride in.

Sorry for my long-winded reply, this felt way too relatable. I hope it helps. All the best.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  11. Unread #6 - Jun 8, 2016 at 11:18 PM
  12. Ritysayo
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Lion King Pokémon Trainer Summer 2016 (2) Rio 2016 In Memory of Jon Torchbearer 2016

Ritysayo Forum Addict

University work is much different than high school.

There are a lot of people that continue to slack off in college, just like they did in their youth. I've friends that pride themselves on being a slacker because it makes them feel powerful, that no rules can hold them back in life.

The reality is that you need to find a career or field that you actually enjoy, and use that motivation to build your work ethic. If you love working as a computer technician and want to improve your skill set, then you will naturally want to succeed in college.

Just change the way you look at the world and remember that you cannot take back any of your mistakes, that you are living in the moment and need to prevent moments that could be considered regrets.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  13. Unread #7 - Jun 9, 2016 at 9:36 AM
  14. Slice
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    theonlyslice_95640
    Heidy (2) Extreme Homosex (2) <3 n4n0 Homosex Potamus (2)

Slice Cheapest RSPS/OSRS Prices on the market!
    $500 USD Donor

Try going cafes alone and studying there you'll be more social into it

15. Unread #8 - Jun 11, 2016 at 2:27 PM
  16. Kolour
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Kolour Member
    Banned

listening to music is always good

17. Unread #9 - Jun 15, 2016 at 6:12 PM
  18. Hamouze
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    In Memory of Jon Poképedia Gohan has AIDS Pokémon Trainer

Hamouze Grand Master
    $50 USD Donor New

Man, I can relate to this so much. By my senior year in high school I didn't care about anything, and it really hurt me during my first year of university. There's a few things that you can do to help you out, and helped me out:
    1. This is by far the most important piece of advice I can give you regarding this topic: get your shit together. This might seem harsh, but you have to realize that the real world doesn't give a shit if you're lazy. You will literally not survive if you can't make the realization that if you don't work hard you will not succeed.
    2. Get a calendar or schedule. This is very simple but can actually help so much. Writing down your due dates for everything can help create a visual reminder that you have to get something done.
    3. Go to the library. Put away all of your internet devices or electronic devices, sit down in your local or school library, and just work. If you have no distractions, there should be nothing stopping you from getting your work done. A quiet environment in which all other people around you are working will encourage you to follow in suit and do the same.
    4. The 2-minute rule. This is helpful in a lot of scenarios. The 2-minute rule is that, generally, if you have to do something, and it takes 2 minutes or less, do it immediately. Easy right? How many things in your life have you had to do that take a jiffy but you push it off because of laziness? Force your body to just move forward and finish the task at hand and you'll feel so rewarded.
    5. Follow Rule #1. None of the advice I've given you will work if you don't follow the first rule.

Hope this helps fam.

19. Unread #10 - Jun 15, 2016 at 10:10 PM
  20. Law Abiding
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Law Abiding Apprentice
    Banned

Download Self-Control and block sythe, facebook, youtube, twitter, you name it and go all out. Thank me later.

21. Unread #11 - Jun 17, 2016 at 2:30 PM
  22. Aestheticz
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Aestheticz OS-SCAPE BEST RATES GUARANTEED
    Banned

I'm in the exact same position fml, assignment due in 10 days!

23. Unread #12 - Jul 1, 2016 at 10:39 AM
  24. Jeremih38
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Jeremih38 Active Member
    Banned

This is the story of my life, you come to realisation of where your life is heading, say you will change it but you don't. Procrastination is a HUGE thing in our modern society. Only person that can change this is yourself bro.

25. Unread #13 - Jul 2, 2016 at 6:21 PM
  26. sleep enthusiast
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

sleep enthusiast Newcomer

In all honesty i did nothing with my life except play games 24/7. When i cut back games to a minimum and play here and there my whole life came together. I got a great job and a nice place of my own and a great woman. Soon ill be having a kid of my own and none of this would of happened if i stayed playing games all day long. Nothing wrong with games and the internet just set yourself prioritys and stick with them! hope this helped

< Need help | Negative thoughts >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest

Adblock breaks this site