Embedded Live Streaming! - Twitch, Youtube, Etc

Discussion in 'Denied Suggestions' started by Sephiroth, Jul 25, 2016.

?

Would you use this tool, or be more likely, to embed your stream on Sythe?

1. Yes

20.0%
  2. No

40.0%
  3. Maybe

40.0%
  1. Unread #1 - Jul 25, 2016 at 11:51 PM
  2. Sephiroth
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Sephiroth
    Baby Yoda Heidy Hoover Extreme Homosex Wait, do you not have an Archer rank? Rio 2016 Summer 2016 Paper Trading Competition Participant Two Factor Authentication User
    Member of the Month Winner

Sephiroth Guru
    $5 USD Donor New

Hey everyone!

I had another suggestion that I think could really help boost site activity and garner new members, and that is setting up an embedded section on Sythe. @Sythe @david @Superman @n4n0 I think that with the right SEO and keyword placement you could get traffic with this because there is a HUGE community of people who love LoL streams and CS:GO and COD and even RS!

See this plugin: [8wayRun.Com] XenRio (Streams) PRO and here is a live demo: Live Streams | 8WAYRUN.com

The way it works is plainly shown on the site demo i provided. You go to the "Live Stream" section which would be linked at the top of our homepage next to the User Center. From there you will be able to see all live streams and it can be broken down by game genre and featured. I think this tool could be useful for all of the current live streamers here on Sythe to help get them more publicity. Also, I know the CDT have their own Live Stream and this could help bring all these channels together.

The point of this suggestion is that it has the possibility of driving more traffic to Sythe and it can also help Sythe users get more exposure thus more site traffic. The poll I am going to add to this is just to gauge the community and see how many of you guys would actually embed your stream here or would be more likely to do so. This can also spur the marketplace too if the streamer is advertising his Sythe account or just the website in general (I edited this)

If you don't stream let me know if you would use this to watch fellow Sythe members play. MAKE SURE you check out the site demo above before replying so that you have an understanding of how this works.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  3. Unread #2 - Jul 26, 2016 at 1:15 AM
  4. Superman
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Detective Two Factor Authentication User

Superman Legend

This type of stuff is really just up to Sythe. I don't know that we have many streamers on sythe.org, but I don't think it's necessarily a terrible idea.

5. Unread #3 - Jul 26, 2016 at 1:17 AM
  6. Sephiroth
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Sephiroth
    Baby Yoda Heidy Hoover Extreme Homosex Wait, do you not have an Archer rank? Rio 2016 Summer 2016 Paper Trading Competition Participant Two Factor Authentication User

Sephiroth Guru
    $5 USD Donor New

Right and much like my other suggestion and also going along the lines of Sythe trying to implement ideas to garner more traffic that is why I posted something like this. I think it would be awesome to have personally

^ Superman likes this.
  7. Unread #4 - Jul 26, 2016 at 1:19 AM
  8. Superman
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Superman Legend

Yeah. What I mean is actually that I have little experience in this area (streaming, embedding live streaming onto the website, twitch, etc), and my opinion here really just doesn't mean much. I don't know what platforms streamers use besides twitch and I don't know how it all works. I also do not use any other forums that have this feature. Sorry I can't really offer much help

9. Unread #5 - Jul 26, 2016 at 1:21 AM
  10. Sephiroth
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Sephiroth

Sephiroth Guru
    $5 USD Donor New

Did you check out the demo at least? If you did then what did you think at least?

11. Unread #6 - Jul 26, 2016 at 1:29 AM
  12. Superman
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Superman Legend

I did. That's how I understood what you meant in your post. But I don't watch streams and haven't for years... very little time/interest for it from me. So I closed out the tab after I figured out what it was and saw that things were, well, there. My opinion as a normal person going about his day is, no thanks, I don't want to watch streams embedded onto sythe.org. Can't say other people feel the same way though, especially since this is a gaming oriented website

13. Unread #7 - Jul 26, 2016 at 1:30 AM
  14. Sephiroth
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Sephiroth

Sephiroth Guru
    $5 USD Donor New

touche. well we will see what people think of it

^ Superman likes this.
  15. Unread #8 - Jul 26, 2016 at 6:06 AM
  16. n4n0
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Poképedia
    Charmeleon Abra Gastly
    Tier 1 Prizebox (15) Live Streamer Pokémon Trainer (15) The Dark Side Oktoberfest 2013 MushyMuncher (2) Rupee (4) St. Patrick's Day 2013 Poker Chip
    Not sure if srs or just newfag... (9) Ninja Tortoise Penis DIAF St. Patrick's Day 2014 Cool Kid (6) Cook (4) Heidy (17) Halloween 2013 Village Drunk (8)
    Voluntaryist (3) We Are Legion (4) Penguin (9)

n4n0 Legend
    Village Drunk Legendary Heavenly Highly Respected

I tried bringing this up in the past, Richard implemented the twitch embedding for threads, but that's as far as it went.

^ Sonia likes this.
  17. Unread #9 - Jul 26, 2016 at 5:23 PM
  18. Sonia
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    <3 n4n0 Two Factor Authentication User Community Participant Support Center Participant Writing Competition Winner In Memory of Jon Valentine's Day 2017 (2) Valentine's Day 2016 Pokémon Trainer Togepi
    Penguin

Sonia A Beautiful Soul and a Heart of Gold. <3
    $200 USD Donor New

Big Rich tryna garner that revenue. And this seems like a neat idea. I feel whoever is a streamer, whether it would be through youtube (as they also have livestream) and twitch or other streaming applications would benefit from this the most. Like n4n0 or @Oakdice either through youtube or twitch. My days of youtube uploading stopped around the time of when gambling on RS stopped. my sibling has a gaming youtube channel also I reckon he would like something like this to build his 2k sub audience, issue with this is I wouldn't want him to sign up to the site. .......

One thing I'm concerned about. . Is it risky to advertise outright, things related to yourself on this site through your gaming. If so, would and or could people not wish to do so As a result.

19. Unread #10 - Jul 26, 2016 at 5:34 PM
  20. Sephiroth
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Sephiroth

Sephiroth Guru
    $5 USD Donor New

Wjat do you mean? advertising what about yourself?

21. Unread #11 - Jul 26, 2016 at 5:43 PM
  22. Sonia
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    <3 n4n0 Two Factor Authentication User Community Participant Support Center Participant Writing Competition Winner In Memory of Jon Valentine's Day 2017 (2) Valentine's Day 2016 Pokémon Trainer Togepi
    Penguin

$200 USD Donor New

For instance when swapping GP was stopped on Twitch due to JaGeX, some streamers where banned I believe?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  23. Unread #12 - Jul 26, 2016 at 5:46 PM
  24. Sephiroth
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Sephiroth

Sephiroth Guru
    $5 USD Donor New

I see what youre saying now. I think maybe just a referral link to Sythe wouldnt be an issue. There would need to be like a Partner system set up though. I say this because merely having a link on their Twitch profile to Sythe shouldnt be against any TOS. I'll do more research

25. Unread #13 - Jul 29, 2016 at 5:25 PM
  26. Sephiroth
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Sephiroth

Sephiroth Guru
    $5 USD Donor New

bump

Remove my idea for a Partner Idea

Heres a solution - Require some kind of Sythe banner or marquee on stream giving just the website URL to be able to post live stream on Sythe.

27. Unread #14 - Aug 14, 2016 at 3:50 AM
  28. Grave
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    grave#9889
    Pizza Muncher Brony (3) MushyMuncher (2) Le Monkey (2) Not sure if srs or just newfag... Bojack Penguin (2) Wubba Lubba Dub Dub (2) Gohan has AIDS (2) Dunce
    Rust Player I'm LAAAAAAAME Yellow rat

Grave #1 preferred sexual partner of Ciara "5/5" -New York Times
    $5 USD Donor

TC is working on something similar to this in our gaming portal - no need to be secretive about it. The way it's currently going to work out though, is that it will be more community-driven. It'll be lighter integration (no XenForo plugin) and it won't be random popular streams. I'm aiming it to me more of a community-oriented thing where well-known people from the community get approvals to stream and it picks someone that's on to also give back (views) to the active community members.

I guess you can move this to approved (unless there's objections by anyone within TC, which there haven't been so far.)

^ Sonia likes this.
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  29. Unread #15 - Aug 14, 2016 at 6:43 AM
  30. Sephiroth
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Sephiroth

Sephiroth Guru
    $5 USD Donor New

Awesome! Good to hear that something similar to this is being implemented! Go #TC!

31. Unread #16 - Aug 26, 2016 at 7:06 AM
  32. Sonia
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Penguin

$200 USD Donor New

I really like the idea of this. Would it also have specific youtube channels integrated, perhaps with the sythe referral? Or is there anyway to go about this without having specific games catch people out for being linked back to sythe?

Also suggest somewhere to integrate PR social media. @Tyler @Gracious

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
< Disbanding or Restructuring of the Public Relations Team | Link to Ban Reason >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest

Adblock breaks this site