Do you HONESTLY believe in God?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by psycho sales, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Unread #301 - Sep 8, 2015 at 5:22 AM
  2. gracienc
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

gracienc Apprentice
    Banned

Nope. I think everything that has happened and will happen is governed by laws of physics. Although our knowledge has boundaries and we will never be able to tell if there is a God or not.

3. Unread #302 - Sep 9, 2015 at 3:32 AM
  4. horseman22
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

horseman22 Member

While I wouldn't say there is one, or some 'universal' god. I do believe that we are all god in our own right, we dictate our future, and our perspective lets us view our past. We are in this moment, here and now, and we control our destiny by either cherishing or destroying the time we spend right now. For I am god, and you are too! We're all unique individuals with our own delightful perspective and that's what makes us have the power. It's all from within.

5. Unread #303 - Sep 12, 2015 at 2:13 PM
  6. Order
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Order Member
    Banned

I am a Christian. I believe in one tribune God. Therefore I may will not be open minded to any other religions.

7. Unread #304 - Sep 12, 2015 at 2:15 PM
  8. Order
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Order Member
    Banned

I completely agree with you. That Gastly fellow, or whatever his name was does not know what he's talking about. Some people don't have to research before they reply, because they think, or may know that their answer is accurate. I beliieve that the answer which I will give is quite accurate. War is not human instinct or nature. I believe in a Triune God. I am Christian. Man's nature (as in human kind, female & male) is to prosper, be it prospering in sin or holiness. The only people who gain in our modern day battles are the 'fat cats' the people who manipulate the economy. ... I'll just write it in a sentence. As the reply will be quite long. Here it is:

War is a product and consequence of any civilization, not human nature.

9. Unread #305 - Sep 12, 2015 at 3:29 PM
  10. zorro_
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

zorro_ Active Member

Conflict and fighting on a small scale are certainly a product of human nature. Whether for food, for mates, or for territory, biology has programmed us to fight for our share. Now if you're talking about fighting on a larger scale, that's just a magnified version of the first kind. Rather than fighting for a meal, people are fighting to continue to eat meals (for example). Certainly people in power take advantage, but either way civilization is a natural human tendency, and so if it leads to this kind of result then that result is also at least partially part of human nature.

Btw, you may want human nature to be to prosper in evil or in good, but just because you think god intended it that way that doesn't make it the truth.

11. Unread #306 - Sep 14, 2015 at 3:33 AM
  12. lelu
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

lelu Forum Addict
    Banned

I believe in what's has been proven to be a fact. I don't believe in any religion, and most feel like a big scam and fairytale.

My whole family is christians, but I do not sympathize with it. None of them is "extreme" believer except my dad. I just hate religion in general, not that I don't like people to have spiritual beliefs, it's just that some religions are too extreme to be in a civilisation IMO. Some belifs is fucked up. "Be a good muslim, and get 72 virgins in heaven" or whatever. Yeah lets believe that, yeah that gotta be true, because mr Mohammed told us so... -.-

Science>religion bs

13. Unread #307 - Sep 14, 2015 at 6:36 PM
  14. Snail
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Snail Best Rates at www.Discord.io/snailswap

Not religious, don't believe in a god but I do believe in some kind of higher power. Don't think this is able to be defined by a person hences why I have no religion or why I don't have a god.

( I know lay-off the acid )

15. Unread #308 - Sep 19, 2015 at 4:13 PM
  16. Pursumew
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Pursumew Active Member

I believe in God 1000%. He's saved my life so many times now. I feel like there is a force following me and telling me to make the right decisions. I've been a follower for pretty much my whole life.

17. Unread #309 - Sep 20, 2015 at 12:16 AM
  18. Dracon
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Dracon Member

Do you have any other reason to believe in God than some feeling that something's following you/talking to you?

19. Unread #310 - Sep 21, 2015 at 12:54 AM
  20. Pursumew
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Pursumew Active Member

I have many reasons actually which I wont disclose because its personal. God has been protecting me for a long time now. I'm not sure what issues you've had in life that would make you oppose the Lord, but just know he loves you and I'll pray for you to find the right path.

21. Unread #311 - Sep 21, 2015 at 3:16 PM
  22. zorro_
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

zorro_ Active Member

This thread is (supposed to be) a debate. If your reasons are personal then you should not share your conclusion.

I'd be curious, however, to know some of your reasons - perhaps you could pick some of the less personal ones? If I'm missing out on God and the "right path", I would like to be set straight. So please, set me straight.

23. Unread #312 - Sep 23, 2015 at 4:10 AM
  24. DoUmmahty
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

DoUmmahty Active Member
    Banned

Just dropping this link as it's pretty interesting regarding the bible and the current state of the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTDnJPSkNXg

I apologies if this is in any way, shape or form not allowed on the forums. Thought it was an interesting video to watch.

25. Unread #313 - Sep 26, 2015 at 8:55 AM
  26. Shoop
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Two Factor Authentication User St. Patrick's Day 2013 Pizza Muncher Easter 2013 Homosex Heidy

Shoop Legend
    $100 USD Donor New Angelic Retired Sectional Moderator

I personally don't believe in God. The idea that one being (or many in some religions) created everything that exists is absurd.
    He/she/it also allows too many bad things to happen in the world. If they truly had the power to create everything, they could stop evil.
    I could throw out a massive list as to why I believe God doesn't exist, but there's no point.
    All in all, no I don't believe in God.

27. Unread #314 - Sep 26, 2015 at 10:51 AM
  28. KLucius
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

KLucius Leave the lies to the liars
    Banned

No, I don't believe in god nor can I take seriously those who put so much faith in religion.

29. Unread #315 - Oct 8, 2015 at 10:08 PM
  30. El Days
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

El Days Apprentice
    Banned

I believe that there is god, or light in all of us. People have many words for this "higher self" that we all know about.

31. Unread #316 - Oct 9, 2015 at 12:21 AM
  32. Swaze
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Swaze Grand Master

I'm agnostic atheist. I don't believe in God, but I don't claim to know that no gods can or do exist.

33. Unread #317 - Oct 9, 2015 at 6:00 AM
  34. Zethorum
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Two Factor Authentication User Halloween 2015 Tier 1 Prizebox

Zethorum Forum Addict
    $25 USD Donor New

a·the·ist
    "a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods."

We're all atheists unless you are someone who believes in every religion/god there was, currently is, and will be.

Also:
    "If God exists, why did he make ugly people?"

[​IMG]

35. Unread #318 - Oct 9, 2015 at 6:24 AM
  36. Clock
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Clock Forum Addict
    Banned

No I do not believe in 'God'
    I do believe however there's something much smarter out there that is aware of our existence and helping/monitoring us

37. Unread #319 - Oct 9, 2015 at 12:05 PM
  38. Lauri
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Christmas 2015

Lauri Forum Addict
    $25 USD Donor New

No, I do not believe in 'God'. I believe it was a concept made to help people deal with the loss of loved ones, believeing they have gone to a better place.

I also believe it was a way of control. 'God' used to have a lot of influence, people would abide the law in fear of being stuck down by 'God' or ending up in hell. The orginisations ie the church, were the biggest power back in the old days. They have lost that power now though as we see religion fade.

I don't see the point of going to a building, standing up, kneeling down, and chanting in unison like we are under a spell, then having to fork out cash in the middle of it.

39. Unread #320 - Oct 9, 2015 at 11:53 PM
  40. Dracon
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Dracon Member

What about people who believe in God who don't necessarily believe in the afterlife? The two don't have to go hand in hand.

Why do you believe in God? And why are you proud of being a Christian?

Why?

< Life goals/achievements | What do you believe in? >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest

Adblock breaks this site