CASH STACK JUST DISAPPEARED FROM INVENTORY WTF

Discussion in 'RuneScape 2007 General' started by Water Services, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Unread #21 - Jul 17, 2016 at 2:28 AM
  2. Killswitch
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    kseng
    Twitter Community Participant League of Legends Tournament Winner Hoover Nitro Booster Two Factor Authentication User

Killswitch We will fall to rise again
    Monster Retired Global Moderator

People are getting hacked recently because apparently there was a db leak which released alot of private emails and some people thought it was real and clicked the link which downloaded a rat I assume. I received one of these emails like 4 days ago on my private email that I don't even use for RS so I knew it was fake instantly. Just made this so people know what to look out for when receiving a fake email:

[​IMG]

Edit: Another thing that gives it away is the fact that Jagex will never show you evidence for bans

^ Water Services likes this.
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  3. Unread #22 - Jul 17, 2016 at 4:36 AM
  4. Water Services
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Water Services Chillin', billin', time killin!
    Banned

Okay so the weird thing you need to know is I didn't log out of the account once.. i ONLY ever log in on the osbuddy client. I ONLY log in on the original runescape site to manage my account.

He did accept from the chat box but one scam I've fallen to before is the other person removing the items and accepting.. its a trick I've fallen for before and am pretty sure thats whats happened again. Oh well

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  5. Unread #23 - Jul 21, 2016 at 1:09 PM
  6. Meteor
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    born 2late 2 explore the earth b0rn 2soon 2 explore the galaxy born just in time 2 browse sith d0t org Toast Wallet User Lanturn

Meteor Grand Master
    Retired Global Moderator

If you didn't log out at all, then chances are you accidentally dropped the gold. I seriously doubt that the person you were dicing with would try to scam you like that and expect you not to notice.

This also reminded me of a reddit post from a while back where someone claimed that he had lost his cash stack due to a glitch with the placeholder update. A J-mod ended up looking into the logs and found that the user had dropped the gold instead. Here's the link (the original post has since been deleted, but you can still read the comments for a laugh): [WARNING] DO NOT WITHDRAW 'ALL BUT ONE' ON YOUR CASH STACK WITH PLACEHOLDER ACTIVE • /r/2007scape

7. Unread #24 - Jul 22, 2016 at 1:42 AM
  8. PodolskiFTW
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

PodolskiFTW Active Member
    Banned

Probably forgot to click the "accept" button on 2nd screen.

9. Unread #25 - Jul 22, 2016 at 2:14 PM
  10. GodGenesis
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Genesis#3740
    Two Factor Authentication User St. Patrick's Day 2013 Tier 1 Prizebox (3) Sythe's 10th Anniversary Rupee Green Finger I can count to potato! MushyMuncher

GodGenesis If you want things done right, leave it to UPS.
    GodGenesis Donor

These are some probably scenarios for your unique case.

1. You never got the gold in the first place. In this case, you should probably talk to that guy or report him/her.
    2. You got RAT and someone managed to Remote Control your screen to trade that money in your inventory while you are not paying attention to your screen. Similar to Teamviewer but just without your permission.
    3. You were possessed and did something to the gold without your conscience mind knowing.

But in all seriousness, I think its likely a RAT.

< Quick Question | Does anybody know Gamewar.com? >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest

Adblock breaks this site