Wisdom Teeth Problem

Discussion in 'Sports, Health & Fitness' started by Eric Lawson, Jun 27, 2016.

Wisdom Teeth Problem
  1. Unread #1 - Jun 27, 2016 at 7:38 PM
  2. Eric Lawson
    Joined:
    Dec 14, 2014
    Posts:
    985
    Referrals:
    2
    Sythe Gold:
    80
    Two Factor Authentication User

    Eric Lawson Sell Out (UT / SIG Space For Sale)
    $50 USD Donor New

    Wisdom Teeth Problem

    I had my wisdom teeth removed and its about to be the end of day 4. I didn't think it was a problem at first because i thought it was the pain meds, but I couldn't feel the right side of my tongue at all. I didn't take my pain meds today, and i realized now that pain meds did not cause this. I looked it up and it appears to be dental paresthesia. The thing about this case though, is that i have NO sensation of touch, temperature, or taste on the right side on my tongue. I accidentally bite it constantly when i close my mouth and i fear that this is a bit more serious than the average cases and what i'm reading up on. I was told that I have crooked roots and that the tooth was located weirdly in my jaw. I want to know what I can do about this. If this continues what can i do about the situation? Is this the fault of the person carrying out the operation, and if so what can i do about it? What do i do if it does not go away?
     
  3. Unread #2 - Jun 29, 2016 at 2:18 AM
  4. Mark
    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2011
    Posts:
    1,281
    Referrals:
    3
    Sythe Gold:
    2,158
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    164183398489915392
    Discord Username:
    Mark#3871

    Mark Always confirm via PM

    Wisdom Teeth Problem

    I'm not an expert but just like anywhere on the internet, it will tell you teh same thing. If the problem persists you should definitely visit your doctor/ dentist. Don't try to diagnose yourself over the internet and let an expert do it! Good luck and hope it gets better mate.
     
  5. Unread #3 - Jun 29, 2016 at 8:52 AM
  6. Sonia
    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2012
    Posts:
    2,969
    Referrals:
    9
    Sythe Gold:
    3,514
    <3 n4n0 Two Factor Authentication User Community Participant Support Center Participant Writing Competition Winner In Memory of Jon Valentine's Day 2017 (2) Valentine's Day 2016 Pokémon Trainer Togepi
    Penguin

    Sonia A Beautiful Soul and a Heart of Gold. <3
    $200 USD Donor New

    Wisdom Teeth Problem

    Firstly I would suggest you visit your GP/doctor, I don't believe dentists are there to diagnose, but considering its relative to your wisdom teeth being taken out, check whether the doctor suggests visiting the dentist.

    Like many other illnesses or sicknesses self-diagnosis is really stupid, because you're just scaring yourself into thinking it could be worse then it is. I wouldn't suggest stop taking the pain meds, if you're still in pain.

    It may be possible you were just given a high dose of anaesthetic or the numbness injection? Which would last longer to wear off I presume. (I've been through an operation which I had anaesthetic cream applied and the numbness in part of the area hasn't worn off in 2-3years).

    I don't mean to scare you, but you won't know until a doctors visit. If worse comes to worse after a doctors visit and you find out it was the fault of whom ever did the operation, you can always file a claim for negligence. Especially if it will effect you in the long run.

    But hopefully you don't need to go through that and it's somethig that will heal up and you get your sense back In your tongue.
     
  7. Unread #4 - Jun 29, 2016 at 6:39 PM
  8. Jay
    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2014
    Posts:
    2,655
    Referrals:
    5
    Sythe Gold:
    1,326
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    209811058762711040
    Discord Username:
    Jay#7165
    Ignignokt Err Hell yeah boooi Who did this to my freakin' car! Hey... this isnt a fun rank Christmas 2019 Easter 2020 Rio 2016 Extreme Homosex Pokémon Trainer
    Nitro Booster (2) I saw Matthew

    Jay farewell! :P
    $200 USD Donor New

    Wisdom Teeth Problem

    It takes awhile to gain all the sense back, but there are cases where you wont ever feel it again. I'm pretty sure your dentist should've told you about that. I think your best bet is to wait 7 days total, and if it's still not back, go back into the dentist
     
  9. Unread #5 - Jun 29, 2016 at 7:31 PM
  10. Ritysayo
    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2011
    Posts:
    404
    Referrals:
    19
    Sythe Gold:
    258
    Lion King Pokémon Trainer Summer 2016 (2) Rio 2016 In Memory of Jon Torchbearer 2016

    Ritysayo Forum Addict

    Wisdom Teeth Problem

    I just had my top-left wisdom tooth taken out around five days ago. This experience is out of the norm; you should contact a doctor immediately. They put a needle into your nerves to numb a portion of your mouth, and it sounds like it has some paralysis. It shouldn't have lasted more than a day. Wisdom teeth typically have curved roots; mine did as well. I don't believe your teeth can reach the nerves to cause numbness on your tongue, so I'm assuming it has to do with the method of numbing your mouth for the operation.

    Just see a doctor, they will be able to tell you or recommend you to the proper professional.
     
  11. Unread #6 - Aug 21, 2016 at 2:20 PM
  12. Bobby_RS
    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2016
    Posts:
    176
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    217

    Bobby_RS Active Member
    Banned

    Wisdom Teeth Problem

    Go to your dentist and check that out homie, sounds a lil weird.
     
  13. Unread #7 - Aug 21, 2016 at 2:47 PM
  14. DRSX
    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2013
    Posts:
    1,569
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    80

    DRSX Guru
    Banned

    Wisdom Teeth Problem

    I suggest you look at the dates, its been 2 months since this thread was posted, Im sure he is fine.
     
< What are your fitness goals? | Type 2 Diabetes >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest


 
 
Adblock breaks this site