Staff/CDT using their feelings instead of rules to make decisions

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Blade, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Unread #1 - Nov 8, 2016 at 3:40 PM
  2. Blade
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Two Factor Authentication User Easter 2015 Valentine's Day 2015 Sythe's 10th Anniversary Christmas 2014 Verified Overwatch Master Halloween 2014 SytheSteamer
    OG Club Detective Pokémon Trainer

Blade tfw 2hi lmao
    Retired Sectional Moderator Cracker Head

Hey all, there are a few things I'd like to address. First of all, I have had multiple threads moved to the spam forum from feedback, though they contain serious problems being pointed out. I don't think that we, the loyal members of sythe, should have to sit by and watch this blatantly happen.

"But Blade, why? Did they give you a reason?"
    Actually, yes!
    As you can see, the staff team got tired of doing their jobs, and succumbed to troll's reporting a thread instead. Quite sad, but hey when the actual staff team leaves and their replacements are just "whatever was left lying around" this is what happens.

"Well Blade, there is some MEAN language in that thread."
    Accurate! Until it was moved to the spam forum, there was only one person spamming 4-5 times. Meme images, insults to site members or simply just quoting members and saying "retard."
    Who was it? Well that's where it gets quite spicy.
    The spam/flame was coming from one person: Scotty, a member of the CDT, whose very performance was under scrutiny in the thread. (His posts weren't infracted, they were DELETED to cover up how pathetic Sythe's CDT recruiting in 2016 is.)

You're not going to have many chances to save this dying site, or even to prove that what's left of staff/teams aren't just a bunch of cucks. It's your chance to shine, don't just sit by and let the first person to speak up make the decision from personal bias (Can confirm this is how staff works from multiple accounts at every level of staff.)

#Reshuffle

EDIT - forgot the link - CDT needs a reshuffle

#Reshuffle

^ R, veng, John and 2 others like this.
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  3. Unread #2 - Nov 8, 2016 at 3:42 PM
  4. Jack
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Member of the Month Winner Sythe's 10th Anniversary Wubba Lubba Dub Dub The Mortyest Morty Sythe Awards 2012 Winner Le Kingdoms Player Two Factor Authentication User Spam Forum Participant I'm LAAAAAAAME
    Signature of the Month Winner

Jack The Infamous Spam Forum King
    Retired Administrator Cool Cat Legendary

I'm going to use this thread to address the events as well as the conduct since this is the appropriate forum to do so.

While it's better having events than nothing at all, the events were poorly executed and it's really appalling that the first reaction is to attack those criticizing them instead of taking anything on board all the while bumping threads such as "Tell the CDT what to do" in the spam forum when it seems you have little interest in outsider input. CDT has always been a system destined for failure but the latest iteration seems to be especially poor. Problems I've noticed:
    • Minecraft event being a first in first served for the better rewards yet there was no indication of when the event would release so it merely went to whichever timezone was favorable.
    • Minecraft follow up event(s) not occurring
    • Scavenger Hunt simply being the first to find all receives the grand prize served to disincentive a lot of people from trying and the clues were poor
    • No where upon entries did the story thread claim some would be trimmed prior to voting and now re-voting is taking place
    • Members are pimping out their stories and nothing is being done
    • Timing of events esp with some very time sensitive makes it difficult to enter all events

@Astro this is a valid feedback thread, where were the warnings in the thread to keep people on topic? Instead it's been banished to the sand box where it can't gain any traction as it's not a mini-rank thread. Is this not what forum moderation is for? If we moved every thread that Scott called someone a retard in to the spam forum then what's the point of even having an index?

^ FlyingToast, Cas, SuF and 7 others like this.
  5. Unread #3 - Nov 8, 2016 at 3:54 PM
  6. DesireX
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    DesireX#1607
    In Memory of Jon CoolHam I'm LAAAAAAAME Nitro Booster

DesireX It's nothing personal just good business.
    DesireX Donor

Pretty disheartening that "We just had way too many reports coming in from a single thread to keep maintaining it" is valid reasoning to move a thread. IF YOU DON'T FEEL YOU CAN DO YOUR JOB AS STAFF THEN ROTATE YOUR ASS OF THE TEAM. Let people give there feedback if it gets a bit spicy then so be it.

^ veng and Blade like this.
  7. Unread #4 - Nov 8, 2016 at 3:55 PM
  8. Alex_J_Leon
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Yellow rat Bitch! Heidy Why can't I hold all of these feels? Lumpy Space Princess 420 yolo swag blaze it fuck the popo legalize it anyone got some chips Le Monkey Doge UWotM8? Not sure if srs or just newfag...
    Spyro Wubba Lubba Dub Dub Wait, do you not have an Archer rank? Smashing Rupee I'm LAAAAAAAME Penguin Green eggs and spam Pizza Muncher MushyMuncher

Alex_J_Leon Guru
    Mudkips

Blade may be using some spicy language in his posts, but he's trying to prove a point in a delightful way. I'm not sure who was posting the comments on his two threads which were recently moved, but I don't think that should merit the loss of any serious input and any serious insight about his complaint(s).

He has salty ex-mod syndrome, so you know how it is.

^ Blade and Lame like this.
  9. Unread #5 - Nov 8, 2016 at 4:03 PM
  10. Heads447
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Heads447 R.I.P in peace

Yeah, there is currently one member on the CDT that legit has the immaturity and vocabulary level of a 10 year old.

Edit - And I quote:

11. Unread #6 - Nov 8, 2016 at 4:03 PM
  12. BumBum
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    bumbum
    Feels Bad Man Asparagus I'm LAAAAAAAME <3 n4n0

BumBum Apprentice
    BumBum Donor

Basically staff need to relax and start taking feedback more seriously. Sure some posts may be considered spam but that doesn't mean you can ignore the main topic at hand. If you don't like pineapples on your pizza just pick them out, don't chuck the whole pizza away.

^ Gohan, SuF, Sun and 2 others like this.
  13. Unread #7 - Nov 8, 2016 at 4:10 PM
  14. Blade
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Two Factor Authentication User Easter 2015 Valentine's Day 2015 Sythe's 10th Anniversary Christmas 2014 Verified Overwatch Master Halloween 2014 SytheSteamer

Blade tfw 2hi lmao

At LEAST one, don't get confused.

First of all, pineapples on pizza are awesome. I don't see how people get so upset, it's not like spicy foods or something else, it's just fruit and it's gud. The citrus goes well!

Secondly, agreed. That's what has been happening. One little thing will be "too far" and they'll just ignore the whole thing. The ARE problems in staff and they DO exist, and CDT has plenty of problems as well! You can't just ignore them and hope they'll go away. The community is addressing them, STOP moving the discussions away because you, as staff, don't feel like "dealing with it." This isn't burger king with some autistic fuckwad as the manager giving away little blue candies with "S" written on them, or ordering your spicy mcburger, it's about Sythe! We the people of Sythe need to fight back! #reshuffle

^ John and DesireX like this.
  15. Unread #8 - Nov 8, 2016 at 4:15 PM
  16. Kaska
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Kaska Previously known as Colts7841

time 4 new year revolutions

17. Unread #9 - Nov 8, 2016 at 4:19 PM
  18. Blade
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Blade tfw 2hi lmao

Exactly! And when those members are ON staff and ON cdt real problems come about. You may describe my language as "foul" or "spicy" but really it's just because I care so much :/

19. Unread #10 - Nov 8, 2016 at 4:19 PM
  20. Im Solo
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Green eggs and spam Easter 2016 (2) Live Streamer Wait, do you not have an Archer rank?

Im Solo DIE PLZ
    Im Solo Donor Retired Sectional Moderator

I may have disagreed with some things in your original post but that being said the way staff handled it is pretty unprofessional. There's no reason that a thread giving feedback should be sent to Spam. Seems like if certain people are put on blast things disappear quick. Give you props for speaking your mind also.

21. Unread #11 - Nov 8, 2016 at 4:23 PM
  22. BumBum
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    bumbum
    Feels Bad Man Asparagus I'm LAAAAAAAME <3 n4n0

BumBum Apprentice
    BumBum Donor

This. Moving these threads to sf is like throwing away your responsibilities. You're a mod, you're meant to moderate the threads posted, not ignore them by moving them to sf.

23. Unread #12 - Nov 8, 2016 at 4:28 PM
  24. Sonia
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    <3 n4n0 Two Factor Authentication User Community Participant Support Center Participant Writing Competition Winner In Memory of Jon Valentine's Day 2017 (2) Valentine's Day 2016 Pokémon Trainer Togepi
    Penguin

Sonia A Beautiful Soul and a Heart of Gold. <3
    $200 USD Donor New

I'm a little confused. Which thread was moved to spam forum and why? If it was the reshuffle feedback thread I'm not sure why that was moved to sf, I took that as feedback whether others see it as trolling or not. Also am not appreciative that it was moved to sf if it was.

On another note, the situation with Scotty I had spoken to him about the way he was responding given it was a feedback section thread. We have spoken about professionalism or at least the ability to showcase genuine responses and not with negativity with regards to feedback within the CDT team following the events after the Maze. Hence why he removed his posts.

I'll have to respond properly when I'm not on phone to the concerns raised. I'm not sure why a thread with feedback would be moved to spam forum.

^ Wortel likes this.
  25. Unread #13 - Nov 8, 2016 at 4:32 PM
  26. Blade
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Blade tfw 2hi lmao

I'm just a little lost, hearing from everyone Scotty has only been a nuisance to the community but somehow he's on CDT? If possible could you link me an example of him being of any use, positively? Thanks!

Also, sorry I forgot the original thread link, it's there now! You're correct, that was indeed the thread. There is some spicy language though so if you're at work I'd wait.

27. Unread #14 - Nov 8, 2016 at 4:46 PM
  28. Blade
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Blade tfw 2hi lmao

@Sonia You spoke to him? Because he's still harassing myself and many others on 3+ different sites/voips

[​IMG]

This isn't even spicy, it's just plain harassment. What is the filter process for CDT candidates? lol.

29. Unread #15 - Nov 8, 2016 at 4:52 PM
  30. Scotty
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Gracious Le Kingdoms Player Sythe's 10th Anniversary Signature of the Month Winner In Memory of Jon

Scotty Guru
    Scotty Donor

Can I just point out that these members are blatantly trolling and baiting and this I do not take their feedback seriously :p I try and help sythe but am not going to make out I am an important cog in the cdt system

Stop tagging Sonia buddy, unblock me on discord and let's talk it out you cheeky sausage

^ Lame likes this.
  31. Unread #16 - Nov 8, 2016 at 4:57 PM
  32. Heads447
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Heads447 R.I.P in peace

@Sonia @Astro @whoeverthefuckisinchargeofrunningcdt

Please take note

33. Unread #17 - Nov 8, 2016 at 5:01 PM
  34. Blade
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Blade tfw 2hi lmao

Well Sonia is the lead of CDT and you are hers to babysit, hence the tag.

Please leave my thread. It's not even about you, it's feedback for entire teams. Stop taking things so personally, literally nobody is "trolling" you. If anything, you're just an example of how bad the system is that you were allowed to be added to the team. The first feedback thread you literally just spammed "retard" on it, which is why people probably are saying that to you now.
    Act your age, which I'm certain you're not, as toddlers can't use the computer. Your "attitude" isn't spicy or clever, it's annoying. You need to stop harassing members of this site, especially as a member of the team that's supposed to be fixing it...

^ Kaska likes this.
  35. Unread #18 - Nov 8, 2016 at 5:05 PM
  36. FlyingToast
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Blue Turtle Pokémon Trainer Gracious

FlyingToast I Don’t Have An Xbox ,Sorry
    Legendary

lol sorry man i'm not one to call people out often but that's one of the most fucking pathetic excuses i've ever heard.

Even if you don't agree with what he's saying, and think he's a "troll", trolling him back isn't the proper way of dealing with it. As a member who supposedly should be going above and beyond to make this site warm/welcoming to the community, you should be seen as a "role model", someone who newer members can look up to. Act like the bigger man.

^ Wortel, Cas, Alex_J_Leon and 1 other person like this.
  37. Unread #19 - Nov 8, 2016 at 5:11 PM
  38. Blade
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Blade tfw 2hi lmao

5 admins online...is nobody going to address this?

EDIT - looks like staff deleted the posts by the rogue CDT member, thank you. I would like to point out, especially given the nature of this thread, that behaviour like this should NOT be tolerated. I didn't get a chance to quote the last posts where he just spams "fucking retards" repeatedly in a spicy community-gated discussion. I'm really hoping there's a little bit of good judgement left in staff to at least remove that issue.

^ Kaska likes this.
  39. Unread #20 - Nov 8, 2016 at 5:20 PM
  40. Heads447
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Heads447 R.I.P in peace

^ Kaska, Alex_J_Leon and Blade like this.
< Revert Sythe logo | Hey guys why do people charge fees for donating? >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest

Adblock breaks this site