Adblock breaks this site

Theory of the day.

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Benwise, Dec 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benwise

    Benwise Hero

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2007
    Posts:
    5,768
    Referrals:
    6
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Theory of the day.

    So, I was bored and watching the discovery channel when I thought about something going on about Noahs Arc. So, I was hypothesizing about what really happened, and if the whole thing was bullshit, and I theorized this.


    TODAYS!

    The oceans, back when this happened, where flat, and had no depth. Only like 100 feet. When it rained for 40 days and 40 nights, they completely filled, and the world did indeed flood. But, a meteor hit the earth-actually, multiple meteors, and created huge cavitys in the earth-now the ocean floors.- When they hit, the water turned to steam, and floated out of the atmosphere. It continued past every planet, and out of sight-but some got stuck on Mars.​

    Explained two things in one. XD.

    Find the flaws, and explain. I will post a new theory tomorrow, please note this is basically like a game where you find flaws in common theorys.

    In no way do these theory's portray my actual beliefs on life, these are for fun, and to keep my mind, and your mind running.

    /Discuss.


    Each Day I will post a new theory I come up with!​
     
  2. Personal Jesus

    Personal Jesus Apprentice

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2007
    Posts:
    707
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Theory of the day.

    Interesting theory, but it's fundamentally flawed. The story of Noah's Ark supposedly happened less than 6,000 years ago, and the ocean depths have been there for hundreds of millions. Evaporated water doesn't escape the atmosphere either, even if it did, it certainly wouldn't float directly to other planets.

    When the Bible speaks of '40 days and 40 nights', it doesn't literally mean 40 days and 40 nights. This is, in fact, a hypothetical amount of time the authors of the biblical sciptures implemented as estimated guesses. More examples of this is Moses being on the mountain for 40 days and 40 nights, Jesus fasted in the wildernes for 40 days and nights, the Israelites wandered the desert for 40 years, etc, etc.
     
  3. Music Makes Me Pwn

    Music Makes Me Pwn Guru
    Banned

    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2007
    Posts:
    1,560
    Referrals:
    1
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Theory of the day.

    I beleive that it was thirty actually. Also, water does not exactly ' fly out ' of the atmosphere as you stated.
     
  4. Shredderbeam

    Shredderbeam Hero

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2006
    Posts:
    8,579
    Referrals:
    15
    Sythe Gold:
    664
    Theory of the day.

    I'm inclined to be skeptical - whoever came up with this probably started out with the view that the Bible is true and accurate, then selectively looked for corroborating evidence, rather than impartially evaluating all of the evidence, then arriving at a rational conclusion.
     
  5. Music Makes Me Pwn

    Music Makes Me Pwn Guru
    Banned

    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2007
    Posts:
    1,560
    Referrals:
    1
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Theory of the day.

    Exactly, but bible or no bible it is still impossible. Also, remember about the vast changes of temperatures throughout our galaxy.
     
  6. Personal Jesus

    Personal Jesus Apprentice

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2007
    Posts:
    707
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Theory of the day.

    Did you even read my post?
     
  7. hashslinger

    hashslinger Apprentice
    Banned

    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2007
    Posts:
    734
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Theory of the day.

    well I highly dubt that asteroids hit the earth. If a flood did happen, It would be bossible that it covered a massive valley.
     
  8. alolcoptor

    alolcoptor Member

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2008
    Posts:
    81
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Theory of the day.

    The flood is realistic, but I don't know about the whole asteroids "bombing" earth.
     
  9. zildjohn01

    zildjohn01 Forum Addict
    Banned

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2007
    Posts:
    285
    Referrals:
    0
    Sythe Gold:
    0
    Theory of the day.

    I dont think water vapor can float through space can it??
     
< Selling lvl 3 wcer | (SWAP) Starter rune pure. Lvl 66, DS, MM done! (SWAP) >
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.


 
 
Adblock breaks this site