Put0 Guide to makeing An F2p Pure

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Put0, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Unread #1 - Jul 24, 2007 at 10:36 AM
  2. Put0
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Put0 Member
    Banned

Creating a Mind-boggling Strength Hybrid

Intro:

You’re on your main account. You are an average lvl 80, with full rune and a dragon long. You get bored of picking flax one day, and decide to venture into the wilderness, for a change of pace. Out of nowhere, a level 75 in monk robes approaches you. “Lol” you think to yourself, he doesn’t look very dangerous. He asks you, “Hey wanna fight?” “Sure, why not?” you say. “Ok” he says. He then pulls out a dds, and so do you. The lvl 75 puts his hand to his mouth twice, and then specs you. 28-28. How the?!?? You quickly eat a shark, healing 20 damage. He attacks again, 16-20. You quickly devour another shark. You try and drink an anti-poison, for he has poisoned you. You drink it and then he hits you for a third time. He only has to slash his dagger across your rune platebody once though, for you have very little hp left. He kills you with another 16. WHAT THE!! “Gf” he says as you fall to the floor. How did that happen?? You add him and say, “wow whats your strength level?” “ 94” He replies. “Omg how?” “I uhh, train it a lot, lol” You stare at the screen blankly. How could this guy, a level 75, have 94 strength?? You are level 80 and your strength is only level 65. “Yes, I know, but how such high str at lvl 75” you reply “Oh…yeah, Im a pure.”
    That is what many players first encounters with pures look like. If you are curious about pures, and how the best way to make them is, then read on. I will explain the best way to make a few possible strength pures, and you can decide which you would like to try.

A background on Pures

You might be asking, what exactly is a pure? Well when you look up the word pure in a dictionary, you will find something like this:
    Pure- Free from anything that damages, taints, or contaminates, etc. Faultless.

This is the basic definition of a pure. A pure has nothing that damages, or contaminates, such as defense, and sometimes prayer. The average pure will have NO defense, and maybe some prayer. The average pure will have high range, magic, or strength, while having combat relatively low. This allows the pure to be much stronger than the average player at that level, and to easily kill him/her. The pure motto is “The best defense is a good offense.” This guide is dedicated to the strength based pure. If you are not looking to learn about or create a strength based pure, then check out another guide. I’m not saying that this guide will focus only on melee, I’m saying it will focus mainly on melee. It will have a little range and a decent amount of mage mixed in, but it will focus only on strength.

Ok good, now that I’ve got that clear, lets look at the basic guidelines for a strength pure.

GUIDELINES
    1. If you are a strength pure you do not have anything to do with defense.
    2. Strength pures always have strength higher than attack.
    3. A good strength hybrid will use something other than melee in the wilderness/duel arena.
    4. If you become a powerful pure, and win many battles, don’t act stuck up. Always say something like “Gf” or “Good fight” when you kill someone or die yourself. Never say “haha j00 got owned nub”, that’s being a noob.
    5. Set goals for yourself. Say “Ok im going to get 85 strength at the rock crabs before anything else” Then complete this goal and move on to another.

Those are the basic pure guidelines that you need to follow at all times.

Starting your pure

Congrats! You’ve decided to have fun and create your own pure account. Well first things first. You need to come up with a good name!
    A cool name will have numbers, spaces, and have something to do with the form of attack you use. Here are a few good names for a strength pure:

I str3ngth I
    S___T___R
    Dds sp3c3d
    X__S_T_R__X
    Strength Y00
    These are a few good names for a strength pure, some may be taken already, so choose one that isn’t or come up with your own.

Tutorial Island
    Well doesn’t this bring back good memories? Anyways, theres a few things to do on tutorial island. Make sure to get 3 strength at the rats, and 3 attack if you’d like. Get 3 mage as well, because at least 25 mage is a necessity.

Congratulations, you have started your new pure account.

The f2p Strength Pure/Hybrid

Don’t feel like making your pure a member? Well that’s all right, he/she can still own in f2p. There’s a few ways you can go in f2p, but only one which seems to be the most effective.

PURE Strength
    Not that great in f2p. A pure strength would have NOTHING but strength, and that means no attack. With one attack in f2p your weapon options are quite limited. I really don’t suggest making a f2p PURE strength. If you want to make a PURE strength account, then making it pay to play is almost must.

Strength Hybrid option #1
    This is a pretty decent pker. This hybrid would have 40 ranged, 40 attack, 25 mage and around 70 strength. This pure would be around level 53, and could hit 20 potted. Not my favorite type of str pure, but a good option nonetheless.

Strength Hybrid option #2
    This is probably the best f2p strength pker there is. He would have 40 attack, 70 strength, 25 mage, and 31 prayer. The prayer will raise your combat about 2 levels, but gives the prayer ultimate strength, which owns. It also opens up the “prayer guild” where there is an altar which replenishes your prayer and gives you two extra prayer points, and two monks who are hardly ever attacked, because of the prayer requirement to reach them. This pure would pk in monk robes, with a rune skimmy. This is probably the best f2p pure there is.

Nimmar has suggested possibly getting 34 prayer for the 15% attack boost. It sounds like a pretty good idea, then you could hit through rune easier. A good suggestion.

F2p Training

Now that you’ve picked one of those options, you need to start training. To start off, find a few men and women, or goblins and cows to train on. Get around 20 strength and attack or just 20 strength. Then head over to the monks. At this time if you are using option 3, buy 1k big bones and bury them for 31 prayer. Yay you get two untouched monks. At this time, get 40 strength and attack at the monks. Make sure you don’t get any defense exp.

Now if your making the first strength hybrid, buy around 2k iron arrows and all bows up to maple. Start training range around Lumbridge on the cows, goblins, and chickens. At about 20 range, move up to monks. Train on monks till you can wield your maple bow. Then go to the top of Varrok castle and train range on the guards, while hiding behind the dummies. Do this till your range is 40. Green dhide chaps, pl0x. These are the best defense you can have against other pures, or mages.

The next step would be mage 25. This is really easy. Buy a set of full iron and all the staffs. Then cast wind strike on the guards on Varrok Castle’s roof. This should get you 3 to 19 mage very quickly. Then buy around 200 body runes and 400 water runes. Use curse on the zammy mage that is caged in Varrok castle. You will have 25 mage in no less than an hour.

If you want, you don’t need to stop at 25 mage. Having 59 mage in f2p is a great weapon. Fire blast will help you out a lot against players wearing full iron/mith/black or any other kind of armor. All you need to do is buy about 8k bodies, and 16k water runes. Make sure you have your full iron equipped, then go back to the caged zammy mage. If you do about 1k curses a day, you should be able to have 59 mage in about a week. 59 mage isn’t a requirement, but a great help in f2p.

So by now you should have 40 attack, 40 strength, 40 ranged or 31 prayer, and 25 or 59 mage. Your pure actually is starting to be a threat. From now on, all you train is ST

The best places to train Strength in f2p
    Pay to Play is better, but there are still lots of good places in f2p to train strength. I will list a few of them.

1. Monks, they never get old. Remember if you get hurt to ask them to heal you. If you have 31 prayer, you get 2 “private” monks to train on. A good idea is always keeping ultimate strength on when fighting them, and recharging at the altar. Monks will still be great training until about 50-60 strength. Then you kill them too fast.

2. Flesh Crawlers. These are great strength training in f2p. They are located in the stronghold of security. Go to the second floor, and to the most south-west corner. There you find a whole room of them. They are very aggressive, and their max hit is 1, but with 1 def they will hit you quite often. Make sure always to keep an eye on your health, and bring an inventory full of lobs. The flesh crawlers are the best way from 60 strength and onward.

3. The man house. Actually, not bad strength training at all. This house is full of men, and located near the edge wild. Just bring a rune skimmy and 1 hit them all. Its also good for looking for fights, and meeting new people. Train here when you get bored.

F2p Pking
    So you’ve finally done some training, and are ready to pk! You should have around 60-70 strength, 40 attack, 31 prayer and/or 40 ranged, and 25/59 mage. The best places to pk in f2p are the varrok lvl 1 wild, edge wild, and the hill giants. If you don’t have a team, I suggest you pk in edge. Make sure only to bring tele runes if you pk in varrok or at the hill giants. Don’t bring tele runes to edge.
    Heres what you should have in your inventory: 1 strength pot, tele runes (if in varrok), a rune 2h (optional, makes good KO’s), runes for fire blast if you have 59 mage, binds (optional, keeps noobs from running) and the rest lobs. You should be wearing full monk robes if you have 31 prayer, or full iron with green dhide if you have 40 ranged. If you have both I say you stick with the monk robes.

Strategy

When you first spot a possible kill, look him/her up. You should do this so you know what to expect when you fight. Before attacking someone, make sure you drink a sip of your strength pot, and put attack type on aggressive. If you have 59 mage, surprise them with a few fire blasts. Once they run at you, bind them and blast them a few more times. Then pull out your rune scimitar and fight face to face. DON’T run and bind the whole time, that’s being a noob, and isn’t very effective since binds only last 5 seconds. If you don’t have 59 mage, just run at the person and attack them. Once their hp is around 10-15, quickly pull out your rune 2h and try to KO them. If you do, congrats, if you don’t, then take out your skimmy again. Repeat until you win, or lose.

That’s all I have to say on f2p pking, I hope it helps you out. If you want the real pking experience, think about going p2p.

P2p strength hybrids

Want the real deal? Wanna own and get good loot? Then you need to go p2p. If you do, congrats! The road is a long one, but well worth it.

Starting Off

Before going p2p, its good to get some decent levels in f2p. Get around 40 attack and strength, and 40 ranged and or 31 prayer. Once you’ve got those your ready to go. Subscribe, and get ready for A LOT of training. With p2p, you might want to start off making some money. Raise skills such as fishing, woodcutting, fletching, alching (not a skill) or crafting to get yourself started off. I will list some possible money making ways below.

Making Money
    1. Fishing- Pretty good way to make money. Start off fishing shrimp, then fly fish in rivers. At 40 fishing, go to Cathabery and start to fish lobs. Lol, I know, it can get realllllly annoying listening to all the noobs conversations here, so just turn chat off. At 68 fishing (or 62 and admiral pie), head over to the fishing guild. Finally! Some peace and quiet! No noobs allowed, at least usually. The fishing guild is a great place typically, and I’ve met a lot of great people here. From 68 fishing get to 76, still fishing lobs. Now you should have around 12-13k raw lobs, which you can sell for a nice hunk of cash. Once your 76 fishing, yay time for sharks. They can come slow at times, but are nice, steady income, which is something that you need.

2. Woodcutting/Fletching- A fast, easy way to make money. Start off cutting normal trees in a forest. Fletch all the logs you get into arrow shafts. At 15 woodcutting and fletching, start cutting oaks. Fletch them as well. Do this to 30. At 30 woodcutting, its time for willows. Head over to Cathabery or Draynor (I prefer the latter, less noobs), and get cutting. Woodcut and fletch till your 60 woodcutting, and 70 fletching. The woodcutting will take no time at all. You will need to buy a few extra willows for 70 fletching though. At 60 woodcutting, its time for yews!

There are many great yew spots in RuneScape, but I know the best one. Gnome Stronghold. In the most Southeast corner of Gnome Stronghold, there are 4 yew trees, and hardly ever any people! So cut here till your hearts content, sell the yews or fletch them and then alch them (will talk more about later). Woodcutting and fletch are quick easy ways to make cash.

3. Alching- Alching is a great way to make money, and get mage exp while you're at it. But to make a profit while alching, you’ll need a high level in another skill such as fletching or crafting. Or if you just want good mage exp, buy all the materials and lose a bit of cash. If your alching in huge amounts, lets say 100k, it’ll add up pretty fast though. So I suggest using alching and another skill to get some good mage exp and make a nice profit.

4. Crafting- A very easy, profitable skill. Get your crafting to 10 somehow, and head over to Seers Village. Here there is a flax field, a bank, and a spinning wheel all very close. If you didn’t know, flax can be spun into bowstring then sold 150-200 each. Its easy to get about 1k bowstring an hour so you can make a quick 200k in one hour. Not bad! Having high level crafting can also be profitable. Kill green/blue/red/or black dragons and take their hide. Then turn them into vambs and alch.

So you have gotten a good amount of money? Id say having AT LEAST 5m for starters is good. A good strength pure won’t cost that much. A strength HYBRID will cost a lot more.

Melee Training Part I

Ok now you should have 40 attack and strength, 40 ranged and possibly 31 prayer, a decent mage level, and 1 defense. To start off spend a bit of cash on about 5k lobs, you’ll need them. Now head on north of seers to the rock crabs. Bring an inventory full of lobs, and your full iron (green dhide chaps recommended). This is a great place to start training. The rock crabs are a low level, and have a lot of
    hp. Perfect for pures.
    Train at the rock crabs till you are 50 attack and 60 strength. Now buy a gmaul, and have a bit of fun at the duel arena.
    After you’ve taken a bit of a break train to 59, I repeat, 59 attack. I’ll explain why later. Also get around 65 strength. Congrats, you’ve completed Melee Training Part I.

Quests

Ahh yes, the annoying but inevitable part of making a pure, those stupid quests…. Let me just make something clear, they ARE a necessity. If you want to get anywhere with this pure, your going to need to do them. Let me list a few necessary quests, as well as a few optional ones.

Quests Necessary

Desert Treasure and all requirements- Necessary if you are a strength hybrid, ancients own.

Recipe for Disaster (up till mith gloves)- Mith gloves OWN

Monkey Madness (and gnome requirements)- Wonder why you only trained to 59 attack? Look at the gnome experience rewards. By this I mean the attack experience from Gnome Village and The Grand Tree, NOT Monkey Madness
    WHEN YOU FINISH MONKEY MADNESS, DO NOT TAKE THE REWARD EXP, IT WILL GIVE YOU DEFENCE.

Start Ardy Quest Series (Biohazard and the other)- To open up King Lathas training grounds.

Creature of Fenkenstrain- Start but don’t bother finishing. Just get to cave with experiments.

Lost City- For DDS and D long.

Optional Quests

Continue Ardy Quest series (Elf Series)- Crystal Bow
    Animal Magnetism (Ava's Attractor gives range bonus)
    Dwarf Cannon- For Cannon

This is a brief description of some of the harder bosses in quests, and also how to train stats for quests such as DT.

Desert Treasure

53 Thieving

Start off on men. Try the house full in edge. Get 25. From there train at Ardy stalls till 35. Now, complete a quest called "The Feud". Its easy, and gives 15k thieving exp. Also make sure when completing "Tourist Trap" to give both rewards to theiving. Now you should be around 40-42 thieving. Go to draynor and train at master farmers till 53.

50 Firemaking

This is a breeze. Buy/cut around 50 normal logs to get 15. Then cut 100 oaks, for 30. From here buy or cut 1k willows and burn em for 50. Simple as that

Kamil

Hardest for pures. Bring a friend just in case. If you have 43 prayer, it comes in handy here. Use super restores and pro melee, always keep an eye on your prayer. Melee Kamil or use fire blasts to KO him. Without prayer its harder. You need a friend for this. Use the rock/cannon method. Can't go into detail on it, since I haven't used it.

Damis

First form is easy, second form will drain prayer really fast. All needed for this is a person to stand in between him and you (someone who has completed quest). Earth spells or melee work

Fareed

Hard without a friend or prayer. Easy with prayer. Just put on pro melee, or get a friend to stand in between him and you. Doing this is tricky though. Melee or water spells work.

Vampire

Very tricky without prayer. Will have to get him stuck behind the gate, or the coffin. Easy with prayer. Put on pro melee and eat when he mages. Use range or melee for him.

Gnome Quests

Gnome village is easy, just eat or pro melee on the level 112. The second one pits you against a black demon. Easy though. Just pro melee or range from behind the rocks.

Jungle Demon

Harder. He will melee you up close, and mage you from a distance. You don't want him meleeing. Put on pro mage/eat from a distance. WHEN YOU FINISH MM, DO NOT TAKE EXTRA XP

The HYBRID part of your Hybrid

What’s a hybrid strength pure? A pure with high strength and also high mage/range. You make a hybrid pure so that you can attack your opponent with more than one type of combat, making you much more dangerous. The best pkers are hybrids. So lets get started training our HYBRID stats (mage, range, possibly pray)

Lets start off with magic. Magic is a great tool, especially ancient magicks. If using ancient magicks, you’ll want at least 82 mage, or even better….94. Lets find out a few possible ways of getting ice blitz and barrage.

Methods to 82 mage
    1. Pest Control- A great, inexpensive way to 82 mage. Just make sure you have a good strength level and a decent weapon, then you can get strength and magic experience at the same time. Use melee during the game and give points to magic.
    2. Pest Control method 2- If your super rich, this is the fastest way. Use the lowest ice spell to 70 mage, then ice burst to 82 mage. Will use A LOT of runes and cost A LOT of money. But this is the fastest way because you can get around 10k mage exp per game, plus the points which you should give to mage.
    3. Alching- You’ll need about 35k alches to get from 55 to 82 mage. Not that bad. I suggest making the yew longs yourself so you can get a profit from it at the same time.
    4. Mage Training Arena- Not a bad idea. Buy loads of cosmics and a mud staff and do lots of enchants. Not very expensive. The only drawback is that you will get -25% the normal exp in the Mage Training Arena.

~Put0~

3. Unread #2 - Jul 24, 2007 at 12:21 PM
  4. kaneticks
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

kaneticks Member
    Banned

All I can say is.............

LEACHED!

I will get proof in a minute.
    I saw it on rs forums.

nice one buddy, stealing someone elses guide.

EDIT: Go on the official runescape forum.
    Go to search threads, search "ultimate strength hybrid guide"
    It should be the first result.

5. Unread #3 - Jul 24, 2007 at 12:57 PM
  6. ragalshnagal
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

ragalshnagal Forum Addict
    Banned

good guide, but leeched :/ i think i made my best pure 60/60/1 but it wasnt worth it, i like doing quests and getting good things ^_^

7. Unread #4 - Aug 2, 2007 at 10:06 PM
  8. autominer199
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

autominer199 Forum Addict
    Banned

good guide

< Anchient Dueling/Staking Guide | Money On Runescape - How Do You Get So Much >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest

Adblock breaks this site