How do you import a list of people to have each ones individual name on the same paper separately

Discussion in 'Technology' started by PhucUp, Aug 30, 2019.

How do you import a list of people to have each ones individual name on the same paper separately
  1. Unread #1 - Aug 30, 2019 at 2:13 AM
  2. PhucUp
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Tier 1 Prizebox (2) Tier 2 Prizebox Tier 3 Prizebox Spyro Heidy (2) Easter 2018 Easter 2015 Green Finger St. Patrick's Day 2013 Sythe's 10th Anniversary
    Bitch! 420 yolo swag blaze it fuck the popo legalize it anyone got some chips MushyMuncher (3) Sythe RSPS Player We Are Legion Two Factor Authentication User UWotM8? Pokémon Trainer (3) Valentine's Day 2015 RsProd
    Cook The Mortyest Morty Wubba Lubba Dub Dub Village Drunk Wait, do you not have an Archer rank? Why can't I hold all of these feels? Halloween 2014 Doge Not sure if srs or just newfag... Pizza Muncher

PhucUp My Discord - PhucUp#9494
    $300 USD Donor New

I need to know how to print off a lunch menu while it's the same menu but each is printed with a different person's name and specific diet that are imported from a list/database which can regularly be changed by adding or removing people from the list without having to edit 50 separate menus. For example it would look like this

Fried chicken
    Mashed potatoes
    Gravy Yes or No
    Corn
    Dinner Roll
    Pie

Customer : Bob McDoucheface
    Diet : Diabetic

Fried chicken
    Mashed potatoes
    Gravy Yes or No
    Corn
    Dinner Roll
    Pie
    Customer : Phil Armstrong
    Diet : Regular

So if I just had 1 list that had
    Bob - Diabetic
    Phil - Regular

And 1 page for the menu that said

Fried chicken
    Mashed potatoes
    Gravy Yes or No
    Corn
    Dinner Roll
    Pie

Customer:
    Diet :

And when you print it it just automatically fills in the names and diet automatically is what I'm looking to do. I assume excel is the best way to get it done but maybe access? Looking for help

3. Unread #2 - Aug 31, 2019 at 3:37 AM
  4. Sypherz
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    M
    Sythe's 10th Anniversary

Sypherz Legend
    $5 USD Donor New Retired Sectional Moderator Competition Winner

Idk much about Excell but I imagine this would be pretty easily done in node or python.

1. Script retrieves all names, diets, etc. from database.

2. Script iteratively appends each result's data to boilerplate menu then saves or prints it.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  5. Unread #3 - Sep 3, 2019 at 10:08 PM
  6. Viking
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    falastin
    Two Factor Authentication User Verified Ironman I saw Matthew (3) Hoover Nitro Booster Valentine's Day 2019 Tier 1 Prizebox (2) Poképedia Easter 2019

Viking Discord.gg/Stamina - The #1 OSRS Service Discord
    trinity pker Donor

You can always make your menu in excel, then export it or copy/paste it to Microsoft word, where you can create a mailing list and have each one print the same list with a different header (persons name). That's what I used to do when I sent out the same addendas to multiple people.

< How can I transfer content from my phone directly to the TV? | Where to find a mobile application for small businesses >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest

Adblock breaks this site