So I recently dropped out of med school

Discussion in 'Personal Support' started by Nubja1, Sep 12, 2022.

1. Unread #1 - Sep 12, 2022 at 4:34 PM
  2. Nubja1
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Nubja1 Active Member

As the title says, I dropped out of med school after 3 years. It wasn't for me, the pressure made me turn into drugs and everything got very self destructive.
    So here I am, 28 years old, unemployed, broke and thinking of what I should do in the future.
    What do I have going for me? Well, my looks, I'm fluent in three languages and I know a lot of med school shit such as anatomy, histology and physiology etc. which I don't think I'll have any use for again. I also have a very good computer.

I'm lost, I really don't know where to go now however I feel a lot better then when I studied which is the main part for me, suicide and drug addiction is not worth it.

Anyone who've been through the something similar? What would you do if you were in my shoes?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
  3. Unread #2 - Sep 13, 2022 at 7:47 AM
  4. tigeris
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Don't DM me brokies
    Extreme Homosex Two Factor Authentication User Halloween 2020 Christmas 2020 Valentine's Day 2021 Summer 2020 Toast Wallet User Potamus Gohan has AIDS Pokémon Trainer
    I saw Matthew (2)

tigeris Not Buying/Selling Anything Don't Dm Me
    $200 USD Donor New

Find something you're good at that you can scale(sell worldwide).
    few examples:
    *video making (any topic works, as long as you have knowledge and can make it entertaining)
    *dropshipping (In the niche you're passionate about, or else it will be boring)
    *online courses (you can sell courses on almost anything these days, as long as it's something that generates value for people)

will probably take several tries to find something that sticks, but business becomes fun eventually. And keep in mind 99% people fail in life because they never try.

If you dont like business can always try out work&travel platforms for some random adventures

^ Exoticz and Nubja1 like this.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2022
  5. Unread #3 - Sep 13, 2022 at 8:42 AM
  6. Nubja1
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Nubja1 Active Member

Thank you so much for the reply, I'll look into all of those. I think I have some knowledge I can spread to the world!

7. Unread #4 - Sep 17, 2022 at 10:14 AM
  8. Sunny
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    sunnykfc
    Member of the Month Winner CoolHam Dragon Claws Battleship Champion Verified Diamond March Madness WoW Classic Official LoL Rank Verifier
    Secret Santa 2023 Rakashrug (2) Le Brony St. Patrick's Day 2023 RsProd Easter 2023 Summer 2022 Sythe's 15th Anniversary Top Striker
    Halloween 2023 Two Factor Authentication User Christmas 2023 Nitro Booster Valentine's Day 2023 Detective

Sunny RuneHall.com - The #1 Runescape Gambling
    Blaze Donor

dropping out of med school is very common so dont sweat it, if your other options were suicide or drugs then u made the right choice.

28 is still very young dude, u got many options. I think it would be a good idea to find any job for now and when you have an idea for what you want to do then go chase it.

all the best man

^ aops and saccys like this.
  9. Unread #5 - Sep 18, 2022 at 6:46 PM
  10. Cimt
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Cimt#7756

Cimt Guru

Good decision. I am studying medicine myself, and a lot of my friends have those problems. Its destroying their lives.
    I would try to get into a regular job, start to earn some money, stabilize a bit. Compared to studying 24/7 with all that pressure, even a normal McDonalds job will feel like heaven for you. On the way you can think again what you want and what you are willing to do for it. I am not sure where you live and why you are 28 already, usually people are already done at that time with the med school since 2-3 years. At least here thats the case, people are done with 24-25. So I dont know what you did before starting the med school.. Wouldn't really experiment with online stuff, its easy yea, but only if you know how to do it.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
  11. Unread #6 - Sep 20, 2022 at 9:31 AM
  12. President
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    president0001
    Creeper Gohan has AIDS

President RuneHall.com - The #1 Runescape Gambling
    $200 USD Donor New Market Moderators Our Community Moderators

Hi @Nubja1

Lucky for you, we live in a world where you do just fine without a degree. Although I must say, a degree will make things easier for you and always provide a safety net, not having one is not the end of the world. I wrote down some simple steps that you can take to make the most out of your situation.

1. Get some help, with the mental problems + addictions, you will be slowed down too much on your grind. You will have to get rid of that and get a healthy lifestyle before hitting something off successfully. Find a therapist, open up to the friends/family that you trust about your problems, and make a realistic plan (together with a lifecoach).

Also, accept the situation as it is. Be realistic. You are 28 and be realistic about your prospects. I am not saying that you cannot get a degree, but on your age, you will need some income. You don't have all the time in the world any longer So let's get smart about that. Being a doc can be very prestigious, but you can make much more money if you're a little bit creative and are prepared to dirten up your hands.

2. Learn a hard-skill, for instance, programming. Depending on your area, look at scarcities in the market. For instance, in my area we have a plumbing shortage. Plumbers can easily make 1k per day here. Construction businesses also make a shitton and there is a lot of demand for them with a lot of projects going on.
    3. When you have some money, try getting into real estate or another field of semi-passive income and let the money do the money-making for ya

Good luck

Last edited: Sep 20, 2022
  13. Unread #7 - Oct 3, 2022 at 7:58 PM
  14. MAGZ
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    MAGZ#8039

MAGZ Nothing has to go here tbh.

I didn’t read anyone else’s reply but I was in a similar situation when I was younger. Got a free ride through college and wanted to pursue a medical doctorate. Honestly, after some time I decided that I hated dealing with patients I hated studying for shit that I would never use and thought of an alternative. I’ve got nearly 10 years of medical experience under my belt now but at the time I had about 2-3 so I went with being a PA and minored in Healthcare Administration. (Primarily now I work in Administration)

To summarize, what I’m trying to say is maybe you need a break. Really sit down and figure out what you really want to do. Think of what you’ve already accomplished and how you can use it to your benefit.

Best of luck.

^ aops likes this.
< Mental Breakdown? Never heard of it | My girlfriend has a transgender friend. >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest

Adblock breaks this site