[CDT] Scary Story Voting [Ends on: 07 NOV 2020 @ 9:00 PM EST]

Discussion in 'Community Events Archive' started by Grim Reaper, Nov 1, 2020.

Tags:
?

Which stories are your top 3?

1. 1

36.7%
  2. 2

6.7%
  3. 3

23.3%
  4. 4

13.3%
  5. 5

20.0%
  6. 6

10.0%
  7. 7

6.7%
  8. 8

46.7%
  9. 9

10.0%
  10. 10

30.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unread #1 - Nov 1, 2020 at 8:53 PM
  2. Grim Reaper
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Halloween 2017 Halloween 2015 Halloween 2014

Grim Reaper Visit the Community General section for Halloween fun!
    CDT Member

[​IMG]

Below are the entries that were put forward for community voting!

Please vote for the top 3 submissions that you think are the best!

Voting will end on 07 NOV 2020 @ 9:00 PM EST

It's christmass morning, all is well in the world.
    A 13 year old used his moms credit card to buy gold and won big at the duel arena... or so is said...

The kid is extremely happy and eager to sell it, goes around the block trying to find a buyer.
    Luckily his favorite seller is on and it's you! It's truly a christmass miracle... Or is it?

You are ready to pickup the gold, the kid is eager to get this over with fast: "c'mon trade me, this has to be fast. I need to have this done fast... I got to go have christmass dinner with the family."

It takes a couple of minutes for you to get to his location, but you finally have it, the gold!
    You send over the btc, a quick thank you is exchanged and the kid goes instantly offline in discord.
    You glance over to your OSRS client: "it's time to sell this bag for some good profit." You say to yourself smirking, thinking you got the best deal of them all.

Only faith awaits you... As soon as you try to move from your spot it all starts to go south.. a disconnect... a scream... Maybe this isn't a good christmass morning after all.

For most of this story was true but the fact is, there was never a happy kid... It was a pingy alt all along!!

[​IMG]
    THE HALLOWEEN’S NIGHT SCARY NEIGHBOUR

On the Halloween day, Jack watched a car come to a stand outside his neighbor’s house. There was no one to greet it, just the lonely house with the cracked windows and the creaky boards. An old, frail woman came out of the driver’s seat on wobbly feet. Her long white hair, rotting teeth and shaggy clothes gave her an eerie look. As if she knew that Jack was watching her, she spun around and faced him. He gasped as he hid behind the bushes and peered at her. She gave him a mysterious smile and walked into the house, leaving all of her stuff out.
    At night, Jack decided to go trick or treating with his friends when he saw a light shining on the porch of the old house.
    All through the night, he watched the old house and how the old woman invited the kids inside to give candy. Jack could see kids going in but not coming out. The hideous Jack o Lanterns that she had placed in her driveway and the old rusty bulb gave the house a haunted look.
    “Sam I think there’s something wrong, the kids aren’t coming out of that house”, Jack told his friend Sam.
    “Do you want to take a closer look?” Sam asked Jack who nodded in agreement.
    Together they crept towards the house and looked inside. The house was dark except for a bulb hanging in the hallway. Jack pointed and together they climbed in through the window. There was silence in the house when suddenly they saw the front door opening and the old woman inviting a young girl with pigtails, inside.
    “Come this way my dear, I will give you lots of candy”, she smiled evilly and led the poor girl in a cellar.
    “This is where she is keeping the kids. You go and rescue them and I will find some clues”, Jack told Sam. He opened one of the rooms and held back his scream when hundreds of bats flew around him and out of the window. The next room he went to, there were many creepy china dolls all watching him with their glass eyes and scary smiles. He quickly shut the door and walked towards the big grandfather clock which was ticking in the corner.
    Tick tock it chimed until Jack heard a faint knocking the inside the clock. Jack reached forward on shaky hands when suddenly something big fell on him. He pushed the body off and to his horror it was a corpse! He screamed loudly as he saw the old woman running towards him with red eyes. Her teeth were bared. He ran towards the window where he had come in and jumped out. He could still hear the gurgling sounds of the old woman as he raced down the street and into his house.
    Just then his phone dinged with a message informing him that Sam had rescued all the poor kids and taken them all home. Jack breathed a sigh of relief as he went to his parents to tell about their new neighbor and how they had to have her arrested or evil would befall on their street.
    THE END
    First off, I need to preface this story by saying it actually happened and because of that, certain information must be withheld or switched around to be in compliance with HIPAA.

I was a First-responder for some years before sustaining a line of duty injury. Those of you who are in the same or similar line of work know that you never forget your firsts. First fire, first cardiac arrest, first traumatic arrest etc. They are experiences you just never forget. This is the story of my first traumatic arrest. In case you don't know what a traumatic arrest is, it is when your heart stops due to a major trauma such as a blow to the head, loss of blood, gunshot or stab wound.

On Halloween day of my rookie year on the job some years ago, I was scrubbing the floors of the truck bay as the new guys normally do. All of a sudden the alarm goes off. "Rescue 7, Engine 7, motorcycle accident at the corner of ___ and ___. Echo level response, multiple callers." Immediately my heart rate spikes as the adrenaline starts to flow. I think to myself that this is what I've been training for. Within 1 minute of the call coming in, we are pulling out of the station and headed towards the accident on a code 3 (lights and sirens). As we are pulling up, we see the police taping off the streets. I knew then it was the real deal. I jump out of the truck to see a man laying on his back with a pool of blood around his head.. His motorcycle about 15 feet from his body. A police officer is administering chest compression's. The victim has flat-lined.. My crew and I quickly get to work. We get him in the back of the rescue and are off to the trauma unit while treating him. As we get to the hospital, we got a pulse back. There was now a chance that he could make it. We bring him in and turn over care to the trauma team. Our part of the job was now done. As we are heading back to our station, I can't help but wonder if he is going to make it. As a first responder, you never really know what the outcomes are for the people you treat..

Fast forward 2 months. I'm out doing some grocery shopping and freeze in my tracks when I see a face I could never forget. It's him. The man from the accident. I couldn't ever forget his face. I was so shocked to see him I didn't know if I should say anything or not and before I could decide what to do, he checked out and left. Now, fast forward another month. I'm back at the trauma center dropping off another patient and strike up a conversation with one of the nurses there. I tell her that I saw that patient while I was grocery shopping and how I'm glad he ended up making it! The look on her face was one of confusion. She proceeded to tell me that the man never made it, he died on the operating table a few hours after we brought him in. I was shocked, in absolute disbelief. I saw this man walking around, alive and well. Same tattoos, same distinguishing features. It was as if it was a ghost..

Now what makes this story even spookier is that every year since that motorcycle accident on Halloween day (out of all the days for it to have happened) there has been another motorcycle accident within the same 2 block area, all within a couple hours of the same time the first one happened.. I can't even make this stuff up. Some of the people have survived, some didn't. But every October 31st right around the same time of day, pretty much at the same exact spot, a motorcyclist gets hit by a car. It's been some time since I had to resign from the job due to my injury but I always end up hearing about another accident each year from my brothers who are still on on the department.

I hope that when Halloween comes (a little over a week from when I'm writing this) that this year will be different. I hope that there won't be another victim seriously injured or killed.. But I imagine this year won't be any different..
    The Ouija Board.

I have always been excited by the unknown as far back as I can remember, so it was only a matter of time before I picked myself up an Ouija board.
    When I was 11 & 14 I was lucky enough to be selected for one of those cross community groups that sends a bunch of kids from Ireland to America for 6 weeks. My second time there was the first time I'd heard of an Ouija board and I was instantly obsessed "WHAT A BOARD THAT YOU CAN TALK TO GHOST WITH?? IM IN!" The Family I stayed with in America were pretty down to earth but had religious beliefs, the father was more into it than the mother so I thought probably best to speak to the mother about getting an Ouija board. She didn't seem all that bothered as long as I didn't play it in her house. I said ok and we headed of to get one. The fact that you can actually buy one of these in Toys R Us made me start to think it was bullshit but still intrigued, I think I payed about 39 dollars for one. We got it back to the house and me, the sister and the brother of the house went into the basement to play it. We set it up and asked for the spirits, nothing happened for a while then it every so slightly started to move, we all blamed each other of course but everyone swears they aren't moving it. I decided to ask the board what my dogs name was, no one in the family knew my dogs name and the board spelt out Brandy, my dogs name. But this is just the beginning. This time using the Ouija board was quite harmless, got a few responses and nothing really concrete. After a while the dad found out and told us not to play it so I hid it away until I returned home to Ireland. When I'd gotten back I'd been telling my mates in school about it and got 2 of my close friends to agree to give it a go. My mate, bravely or stupidly said we could go to his house after school to use it as his parents would be out. So after school my 2 friends and I went to the house and got the board set up. It was broad daylight and we just sat at the kitchen table, it wasn't your typical séance. This is a record of all I remember asking the board and all the responses we got back (or as close to them as I can remember.) We asked the usual is there a spirit present and waited for a while. Very slowly it moved to "Yes". We asked "what is your name." It replied "Faraj Dusikov." That's always stuck with me that name. We asked "are you here to hurt any of us?" And to our absolute relief it replied "No. I'm here to warn you." We asked "warn who?" It replied "Callum." That's the name of one of my friends who was playing we all looked at each other and the colour had completely drained from Callum's face. Callum's horror quickly turned to anger and he snapped. "What do you want with me?" At this point the cursor was dragging us in different directions over the board really violently and we were struggling to spell out what it was saying. It replied " I am a relative of yours and you must become a Christian if you are to live." We started to get really freaked out at this point and decided to call it out. "If you're real, turn on the water tap right now." It replied "I will do it at 3AM." So we sort of called bullshit on it at the point and said "ok well were going now see ya." Immediately it whizzed to "No." And then proceeded to tell us we must read a passage from revelations in the Bible if we are to close properly. Luckily my mate had a bible and ran up to get it, came back and read the passage from the bible. The board then said "thank you." And moved to goodbye. In shock and in awe at what we just went through we couldn't leave it there and got it back out. We asked "Faraj will you make contact with us again." It replied "No, I need my rest now." And moved to goodbye. As soon as that happened the button of the kettle flicked on and started boiling. Me and my 2 friends naturally bounced up and ran out of the house and stood in the middle of his street for about 5 mins to try to relax, when we returned the kettle was lying on the kitchen floor. My mate said that the house was now being terrorised by this spirit and he had woke to footsteps running around the hallway and repeated tapping of his keyboard in his bedroom. Nothing physical actually happened as in being attacked but the ordeal was very spooky!
    As a nursing student, we are told to keep a tight lip about what we see, and what we encounter in the facilities but this one for the books. During the beginning of covid, my school was rushing to get our hours in before the board closes our ability to access nursing home visiting rights. We were doing 12 + hour shifts, and being new, towards the end of my shifts i was so tired sometimes i felt like i was hallucinating, but this wasn't the case. One night in the facility that i can not mention, there was a patient down the hall in room 13 that i fed for dinner.. I knew they were blind, they had no arms and were bed bound. They were very friendly except when they needed help. I believe the family had abused them because when asking for help they would get extremely agitated quickly and even try to bite at you (keep in mind this is a long term care with a psych station). This patient in particular was screaming and hollaring at night, and i just didn't know why. Every time i went to go and check up on them, they seemed fine and didn't mention any pain, there was no reasoning for their excitment. I checked on them every 30 minutes or so, but towards the end of my shift their excitment kept growing and growing. I went into their room and their was furnitered moved, glasses on the floor, and their water spilt all over the place. I was so frusterated, i cleaned up their mess, shut the lights off left, but before i left they asked me for a cup of tea. Keep in mind, i'm already 12+ hours into my shift, i'm tired so i went to get them a cup of hot tea and set it at their bedside. I didn't think one bit that there isn't a way for them to move, let alone drink their tea. As i'm fininshing up down the hall with a patient that just tried throwing punches at me, i'm so frusterated and exhausted at this time i once again hear hollaring and screaming down the hall in room 13. As i'm approaching the room, i hear what seems to be more than a shuffle, i walk in the room and everything seems fine except for the patient sitting up with a smile. I was wondering why they were screaming again, agitated and hollaring. I ask them what was their issue if everything is fine, they looked at me and nodded in a gesture that they are just fine and they finished their tea. I looked at their tea, and realized how did they manage to drink without arms, without arms, without mobility, and without a straw.
    I'm now a bit scared, i ask the patient if they wanted more tea, they said that was enough and they were ready for bed. I wanted to ask how, but i was so frusterated and exhausted at the moment that i just didn't. i figured i would ask them in the morning, or perhaps try to monitor them to figure out how they were able to not just reach, but physically grasp and drink their tea.
    Coming back to the facility the next day, i found out they had passed away and it's something I can not get out of my mind, it has sketched me out to this day.
    This is a real story and probably the creepiest thing that has happened to me. Growing up, I was never someone to believe in ghosts. I always thought it was a load of non sense until this day came... I was 16 years old at the time. I had a girlfriend named Nicole. We have been dating for probably a year or less by this point. She has told me stories of weird occurrences that have happened in her house but I always brushed it off. One time she told me she was babysitting her younger sister and her sister was possessed and just kept repeating her name. Nicole... Nicole... Nicole and wasn't responding to anything. I thought my gf was just a bit crazy.. Another story she told me was when she was lying in bed and couldn't turn her body, as if something was holding her for over 15 minutes. I did get the chills from these stories but I don't believe in this stuff so I moved on. One day at her house, alone with her, we were in her room scrolling through Facebook and hanging out. Nobody else was home and it was about 11 PM. We were having a conversation about something and all of a sudden... in a little girls voice.. maybe 6 years old... I heard "Nicole". We both locked eyes, stopped talking and chills ran down my body. I asked... "did you hear that?" and she says... yeah. Again.. we here "Nicole". We turn on all the lights and leave the house in so much fear. There is no cars outside, nobody else home, it was just us. This is the same house that she told me the first 2 things happened to her. We don't go back inside until her mom gets home. Her mom has no idea why we're so scared and walks in with us like nothing happened. Forever after that... I never felt alone in that house anymore...
    This is my halloween spooky story.

Long time ago when i was in a vacation with my cousins, in a town called "colon" far away from my city, that place is really cold and lonely at late nights,
    our fathers always tried to scare us saying the abandoned house next to our house was a haunted house of course as a kids we never believed them,
    we were annoying kids by that time, since we never believed them we waited till 2am one night to go inside that house,
    we entered the house we were like 5 in total 2 girls and 3 boys, once I entered the house i realized it was really dark and cold,
    I told my cousins about the cold that i was feeling was not the regular one, they never listened to me, we continued going deeper inside the house,
    we heard some strange noices, one of my cousins went to see what it was, he found nothing, then the youngest cousin saw like a shadow and we didnt believe him,
    we said nah our fathers are liying to us, then the door closed and we started to hear "where are my children" it was a very weird voice from a woman but she heared,
    desperated, then we started to hear the voice louder and louder, we scared a lot, after that we saw a spirit of a woman crying whit a white dress, she said again,
    "where are my children" We all started to run, i was really scared i even fell down and injuried my hand when i was running, was an horrible and scary night, we never went there again,
    we never knew what happened there, but time to time we remember that time when that happened and they laught because i was scared like a chicken and injuried my whole arm.

Hope you enjoy the reading and Happy halloween to everyone MUAHAHAHAH.
    “SOLD,” the auctioneer yelled.
    I held up my bidding paddle with pride. It was like a dream come true. Within the next thirty days, I would own the twenty-two-acre farm. It was in immaculate condition and needed minor tweaks to get the property ready for harvest.
    The Vance family came to Ardougne 15 years back as Karamjan immigrants. All who traveled under the lure of farming and free Western-Pennsylvania real-estate. The property for decades as a dairy farm and often raised corn for livestock. The previous owner, The wise old man, was an eccentric type and superstitious. Some believed a curse haunted the property. The wise old man felt he would have to pay them in ten gold coins each year to help its upkeep.
    Who would know if I don’t make such a payment?
    I awoke early that morning, knowing that there was a ton of work ahead of me. At 5 AM, I a symphony of crickets and implings, and a giant moon greeted me. I continued my walk to the barn, where I heard the crunching of little feet in the brush nearby.
    I stopped and looked over and noticed nothing.
    I started to walk again, and the crunch and crackle of brush seemed to follow.
    I thought I was dreaming.
    I drew open the door to the barn to find the entire area trashed.
    There were bails of hay shredded and torn across the floor. Many farm tools were broken in half and thrown in different directions. One of the pigs broke loose and defecated all over the floor. It was a mess I didn’t need but now had to clean up.
    As I stood in disbelief, I saw the calendar on the far wall.
    It read September 1st.
    It took me almost two hours to corral the pig, clean the floor, and get everything back in its place. I still didn’t subscribe to the ten coins nonsense, and I wasn’t about to place them in the barn. I felt it was a practical joke and paid the mischief no mind. A few nooblings were having their way as I left the barn and headed back to the house near dark. I could have sworn I heard a voice say “Gold.”
    That night, I set my alarm early and got up at 4 AM. I exited the house and noticed the entire front-yard filled with cows. I know for sure that I locked them in. I double-checked and must have somehow slipped back open. There was no way to escort them back inside this early without effort. I scratched my head and headed into the shed. The pen where the cows come in and out of had the door busted open. One of the cows lay dead on the floor. I had never seen anything like this. A chill came over me, and for once, I felt as If I weren’t alone. I walked back into the house and got my heavy ballista.
    “If there is someone in here, they’re not leaving alive,” I thought aloud.
    I returned to find the barn empty. After having to clean the barn yesterday, I was in no mood to rebuild the gate to keep the cows inside. On top of that, I know I had a cow to slaughter before the meat spoiled. I wasn’t sure how long the cow had been dead, and I was more afraid of how it met its end. Cows don’t drop dead.
    After four hours of arduous cleaning, I also had to dispose of one of my best livestock. Exhausted, I began to consider the prospect of hiring a helping hand but didn’t want the headaches. There was too much farm for one person.
    Late that evening, as I laid in bed, I again heard the voices almost undeniable, whispering, “Gold, We Want Our Gold.”
    I awoke to loud, raucous sounds in the sheep pen. I thought for sure something got inside there and was eating one of the sheep. The bleats were pleading, and it was as if they were calling for my help.
    I threw on my torso, bandos tassets, and dragon boots and ran out to the barn. I turned the light towards their pen and noticed the entire flock shorn of their wool. I looked around the area and throughout the barn, not to find a single strand anywhere.
    “Where did the wool go?” I thought. In the far corner in a large pile laid a dead sheep. The dead sheep’s throat had been slit, and blood pooled from its neck. On the adjacent wall, read one word scrawled in blood “GOLD.”
    The following morning, I received a visit from the mighty Woox. He was a big burly man who brought the paperwork from the final sale and deed to the house.
    “Hey Seske, here’s the final paperwork and bill of sale,” he smiled at me. “You followed the instructions, right?”
    I shook my head as if not to understand what he was saying.
    “You know, the ten coins a few days ago? You did pay it, didn’t you? States right there in terms of sale that you had pay that in perpetuity. If you can’t find any gold, I’ll be glad to help you get it,” he finished.
    “Were you serious about this?” I asked, only half-joking.
    “Sesk, believe me, there are Goblins out there. They will destroy everything you own until you pay them,” he said with a truthful stare.
    “Have you seen these Goblins,” I asked?
    “They destroyed the place when The wise old man got here. They killed the livestock and then started stalking him,” he shook his head.
    I had enough and relented to paperwork. It was a small sum to keep my farm and sanity.
    After lunch, I made my way to the bank and picked up up ten gold coins. I got home and placed them in the barn. I turned away to head back into the house and heard a rustling behind me.
    I turned to find two goblins, both short, brown and covered with blood. Each was taking their share of gold and nodding their heads at me in approval.
    The Hand

An object was floating above, it’s figure shimmering in my peripheral vision in a circular motion covered by the dark clouds which lay behind. I could finally make out small details of the object as it returned from it’s unnatural movement. A solid clump of dark, but shining matter including what I could only describe as five antennas sticking out from it’s extremity. Suddenly, a flash of orange light sparked out from the object, covering my eyes in bright light almost as if you were staring straight into the sun. The moment only lasted a second, but for me almost an eternity.

Startled by the experience I got up from my bedrest, struggling to keep my fitting on the swaying decks, hearing the strong waves push against the wall. The storm had finally arrived, just as we were promised. The door to my small bunk was slightly open, allowing light to come in from a small crack that it created, strange I never leave my door open. What I just had experienced, must have been a dream right? Just a bad dream on the seas, nothing out of the ordinary.

I slowly walked up to my cabin door, still tired and not fully awake. I decided to push the door wide open creating creeks that would echo through the whole bottom deck. Exiting the cabin and making my way up to the middle deck, I noticed a smell, musky and sweet nothing like the oaky-whiskey smell that you would usually notice. Everyone was surely sound asleep based on the snoring sound that would escape from each cabin. We are not allowed further than this, I still remember the first day I met the captain. Everytime we spoke to him he would always reinforce the rule that no one shall enter the main deck during the night, no exceptions whilst he itched his long gray beard with his wrinkled old fingers. The captain was always pleasant to deal with, albeit drunk, he was always reasonable with us. It would never come to me to break a rule that the captain had enforced, but…. but, tonight I had to make an exception…. something inside me was drawing me toward the door I don’t know what… just tonight… I'll break the rule.

I extend my fragile arm and reach for the door knob; twisting it to the right I hear a click and I pull the heavy wooden door towards me slowly. I look up and can see the sky, dark, but still lit up from something, somewhere.

I slowly walk up to the ship deck, feeling the harsh, cold wind against my body. The light that was illuminating the sky came from an island, not that far away from our ship. The small island had large towers reaching up to the sky, but also several buildings encircling it. Strange.. We are in the middle of the Atlantic, there is not supposed to be an inhabited island anywhere near our current location.

Suddenly; the shimmering object that I met in my dreams appeared. Floating above my head just like in the dream, but this time I could understand it, feel and discern it’s emotions, it all became clear.. I had to follow it. It led me to one of our lifeboats; dangling on the side of the ship, I understood what it asked me to do. I jumped into the lifeboat and repelled it down the rugged side of the ship, finally touching down in the water, splashing water all over myself.

The object gestured for me to row to the island which now appeared much closer to me than before on the ship deck. I obliged and rowed and rowed towards the island. The journey there was not tough, it was almost like something was pushing me which allowed my arms to rest even if they were fully in the motion of rowing.

The boat finally reached the docks where I noticed the planks that the dock was made out were surprisingly rotten and discolored. I docked the small brown rowing boat and got up on the walkway and headed towards a small fishing hut located right when you got on the soil. There was a man standing behind a brown tinted window, which I knocked on to try to gather his attention. The person behind the window was not a usual man, a face with huge rounded eyes, skinny and extended chin was the appearance of this man. It’s hollow cheeks and its large jaw which extended out probably a few centimeters were the only notable features. He opened the window and gave me a blank stare, I could feel how he was not looking at me, but more like through me. I asked where I was and got a snug reply, he simply shrugged his skinny shoulders and smiled at me. Well atleast I think it was a smile.

The wooden building in front of me now seemed like a place I had forgotten, a place I once belonged to, but have since departed from, even though my impressions of it were appalling and cruel, it felt welcoming. The object from my dreams encircled the building, I could only now make out what the object was representing… a dark hand with seven fingers, but not regular fingers like you and I would expect, it was seven long shrinkled fingers almost like an old lady, no thumb, nothing humanlike.

I asked the man in front of me who had been staring at me this whole time, even though we did not talk if I could come in. He laughed at me and gave me that creepy smile once again, but it made me feel less uneasy, it was the first humanlike reaction that I had gotten from this estranged place yet. His soul stare was withdrawn and he left my view and suddenly I heard a door open from the other side of the building, the hand still encircling the building.

I walked around to the front door, now seeing the whole figure of the man, long bulky legs with a skinny torso and hands which resembled the hand from my dreams. My heart felt warm and I could feel a sense of love and security in my whole body, the warmth spreading from my heart down to my toes, fingertips and ears.

I entered the building and could only describe the interior as beautiful. What I could see from the outside appeared as only rotten planks now appeared to me as the most beautiful mahogany masterfully crafted. The man inside the building escorted me to a seperate room which contained a bed, table with a book and pencil on it. Still smiling he waved for me to go in and I did what he asked, because now he was what I had always wanted to be.

I approached the mahogany table and sat down on a chair besides it, looking at the table and the book. It was empty, I felt an urge to jot something down on it, nothing specific, just anything. I grabbed a hold of the feather pen that was laid beside the book and put it against the book. I grasped the pen and started to write down……….

Dr. John looked at the nurse with a questionable face, do you understand any of this? The nurse shook her head. This is our only client whom we can not figure out the reason for his illness, come with me. Dr. John and the nurse left the common room and entered through a locked door into a cell, a man sitting on the floor, unwashed and smelly, holding a pen against a book moving his hand up and down in a furious manner. The walls were covered in paper with writing in large bold letters which exclaimed “THE HAND THE HAND THE HAND THE HAND THE HAND”
    This is the end

I peer over the thick slab of concrete we’re shielded by.
    My eyes glaze over the hoard of those decrepit beings slowly making their way towards us.

As I slouch back behind the sanctuary that is the concrete that separates us from them,
    I don’t even bother counting, knowing that we’re out numbered by a landslide.

There’s no time to be wasted, so I begin to haphazardly pile the bullets into the magazine,
    every second wasted is a second closer to death.

I briefly close my eyes and take a deep breath. I can feel my heartbeat pulsating in my fingertips.
    My body seems to be weighing itself down not wanting to face the inevitable.

As I open my eyes, wishing it was a nightmare, I gaze over at Nina.
    "You ready?" says I,
    "Let's do this." says Nina.

I swiftly get up, and pump the slide to load the chamber of my shotgun. Nina does the same.
    We started to unload into these horrid beings, knowing we wouldn't make it out.
    Nina looks over at me with shock in here eyes.
    "I'm out." -Nina
    "Shit. Me too." -Me

With nothing left to do as we've used up all of our available resources and Nina has a broken leg,
    we brace for the worst.

First, Nina gets snatched by one of them.
    They all start dismantling and devouring her body parts one by one.
    I didn't even do anything to stop it. I'm such a coward..

They finish with Nina, and I surrender myself.
    As I fall to the ground, my watch beeps as another hour has passed.
    Clock just struck 12.

2020 has just ended, begin 2021.

___

If you are not in a mood to read the stories yourself,
    you can listen to an audio version voiced by @Seskepem.

^ Seskepem, Devil and BlackBlasses like this.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2020
  3. Unread #2 - Nov 2, 2020 at 6:25 AM
  4. BlackBlasses
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    blackblasses
    Member of the Month Winner Two Factor Authentication User Sythe's 15th Anniversary
    May the 4th Be With You Pool Shark (2) March Madness (2) Rust Player Sandbox Participant Donor Lounge Participant Nitro Booster (3) Community Participant Community Development Team Member Toast Wallet User

BlackBlasses Runestake.com - Slots & Original Games

I think that I'll go with 5, 8 and 10, but the other stories are great too.

^ Yellow_Hat_OSRS_Services, Devil and QBD like this.
  5. Unread #3 - Nov 2, 2020 at 9:59 AM
  6. Devil
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Pokémon Master STEVE Some like it hot The Glizz CoolHam The Dark Side Pool Shark (4) March Madness Member of the Month Winner
    Halloween 2015 Halloween 2020 Halloween 2021 (2) Halloween 2022 Halloween 2023 Easter 2021 Easter 2022 (2) Valentine's Day 2021 Valentine's Day 2022 Christmas 2022

Devil Runewager.com - Osrs Gambling
    Angelic Our Community Moderators Support Center Moderators Market Moderators

5, 8, 10

7. Unread #4 - Nov 2, 2020 at 11:33 AM
  8. Money
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Pakora#2771
    St. Patrick's Day 2020 Easter 2020 Sythe's 15th Anniversary Halloween 2020 Christmas 2019 Easter 2019 Tier 1 Prizebox Valentine's Day 2019 St. Patrick's Day 2019 Two Factor Authentication User

Money Previously known as Pakora
    $200 USD Donor New

Should reserve a special prize to the person who legit read through every single one of the stories.

9. Unread #5 - Nov 2, 2020 at 12:43 PM
  10. jackthehackm8
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    jackthehackm8
    Creeper Diamond Diamond Pickaxe Runescape Participant Spam Forum Participant Community Participant Donor Lounge Participant Writing Competition Winner Rio 2016
    March Madness (2) Poképedia Paper Trading Competition Participant SytheSteamer Sythe's 15th Anniversary (2) Dragon Claws May the 4th Be With You Pokémon Trainer (2) Easter 2021 Christmas 2023

jackthehackm8 Grand Master
    $5 USD Donor New

Glad to see I didnt make the cut

therefore I will not be voting

^ Yellow_Hat_OSRS_Services likes this.
  11. Unread #6 - Nov 2, 2020 at 1:07 PM
  12. BlackBlasses
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    blackblasses
    Member of the Month Winner Two Factor Authentication User Sythe's 15th Anniversary
    May the 4th Be With You Pool Shark (2) March Madness (2) Rust Player Sandbox Participant Donor Lounge Participant Nitro Booster (3) Community Participant Community Development Team Member Toast Wallet User

We should do a Discord event where someone reads the stories. Any volunteer?

^ Yellow_Hat_OSRS_Services and Money like this.
  13. Unread #7 - Nov 2, 2020 at 1:23 PM
  14. Seskepem
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    solana.com
    Summer 2020 Hoover Halloween 2020 Christmas 2020 CoolHam May the 4th Be With You Verified Hardcore Nitro Booster Homosex (2) Gohan has AIDS (3)
    Member of the Month Winner Extreme Homosex Two Factor Authentication User Potamus

Seskepem Add my discord please I need friends
    Seskepem Donor

Me i will gladly volunteer -

15. Unread #8 - Nov 2, 2020 at 4:40 PM
  16. Pink Clay
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    pink_clay
    Sythe's 10th Anniversary Two Factor Authentication User

Pink Clay The BEST Inferno Service out there - www.inferno.rs
    $100 USD Donor New

17. Unread #9 - Nov 2, 2020 at 5:32 PM
  18. BlackBlasses
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    blackblasses

^ Mastiff, Seskepem and Departure like this.
  19. Unread #10 - Nov 2, 2020 at 10:12 PM
  20. Mastiff
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Mastiff#2127
    Halloween 2020 Rakashrug Two Factor Authentication User

Mastiff Time is the soul of this world.
    $50 USD Donor New

10, 5 and 8 for me!

21. Unread #11 - Nov 3, 2020 at 3:54 PM
  22. owned
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    igotowned
    OG Club Christmas 2013 Wait, do you not have an Archer rank? Winter Olympics 2022 Member of the Month Winner March Madness Community Development Team Member Easter 2020
    Christmas 2021 Valentine's Day 2022 Easter 2022 Summer 2022 Halloween 2022 Christmas 2022 (2) St. Patrick's Day 2022 St. Patrick's Day 2023 (2) Valentine's Day 2023 (2) Summer 2023
    Easter 2023 (2) Potamus Sythe's 15th Anniversary Two Factor Authentication User Nitro Booster Secret Santa 2023 Christmas 2023 (2) Poképedia Halloween 2023 (2)

owned RuneHall.com - The #1 Runescape Gambling
    IGotOwned Donor Pirate Cracker Head

1, 4, and 8.

23. Unread #12 - Nov 3, 2020 at 8:56 PM
  24. Pirate
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Pirate#0069
    Detective Two Factor Authentication User Staff of the Quarter Winner The Glizz Hoover Nitro Booster (3) Dragon Claws Verified Ironman WoW Classic

Pirate Rainbet.com Casino & Sportsbook

BZ to the guy who read the stories

25. Unread #13 - Nov 4, 2020 at 5:58 AM
  26. X Skilled X
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    scape07#5519

X Skilled X Formerly known as x ski11ed x

Posting my story since mine didn’t make the cut :(. And I put more effort into it than I should have.

As far as the contenders go I’m going to say #1 for humor and #3 for realistic.

It will be a year since the accident coming up next week. I remember it clearly because Rose was helping me write my own name in our daughter Monica’s Christmas card. Slowly she moved my hand, making it so that I had a readable signature and not some scribbles from a child. Which was the best I could possibly do with almost no practice. It always seems that when a person loses an arm, it’s almost always the dominant one. Which for me was my right arm.

I was trying to concentrate on my form, trying to relieve my wife of having to do the majority of the signature, when it happened again. At first I didn’t notice the feeling of my phantom elbow resting on the table beside me, I had almost gotten used to it at that point, although the excruciating pain coming from some unknown force would occasionally awake me. It was short lived, but enough force to cause my new hand, still holding the pencil, to spasm and ultimately turn my signature into illegible scribbles despite Rose’s best effort. It was mellow but cold. Too cold to be human. Less like ice and more like the feeling of a gaping wound, when the internal parts of a person suddenly meet the outside elements that they shouldn’t have ever had to meet. When Rose noticed, she asked what was wrong, I acted like I didn’t know, telling her that I had a random painful feeling in my wrist that was convinced I was clenching it, even though it didn't really exist. At that moment, I almost believed the words coming out of my mouth.

The next night that it had woken me. I was laying in bed on my stomach, with my phantom appendage hanging off the side of the bed. For as long as I can remember that’s how I’ve had to sleep, and the first time I experienced it, I was thinking that my hand had gone to sleep and was causing that uncomfortable sensation of pins and needles that I had felt so often. When I attempted to shake my hand, I woke up, when I remembered in a daze that I did not have a hand to shake, yet that cold grasping feeling was still there. This time it lasted longer than normal, and I could distinctly notice the feeling of someone or somethings fingers on my skin. I went to shake my hand again, but it would not budge. I used my left hand to push my body over onto my back, yet the unknown force remained, still as clear as it had before, and I asked myself how long this phantom hand had held me. I woke Rose up and tried to explain my situation, but she didn’t believe me and said it’s all just part of the process I’m going through. She gripped me in her arms and sung to me in her soft and reassuring voice, 1 by 1, the fingers removed themselves, releasing me from that torturous grasp of ice. Feeling those fingers always reminded me of the crash. It was a snowy day, and Rose was behind the wheel. A semi truck approached from ahead just when our car began to slide, she gave it all she had to correct it, but it was almost as if it had a mind of its own, set on an agenda of disaster. I reacted and snatched the wheel, spiraling our car until it finally came to a halt, and that’s when the truck hit us. My arm was completely severed at the moment of impact, but Rose and Monica managed to survive mostly unscathed. The sensation your own blood squirting out of you like a fountain chills you to the bone, and that was the same feeling I received from this unknown creatures grasp.

Weeks turned into months as it happened, with no reason or warning. The surgeons said it was normal, and that it was to be expected. No one would believe me that there was something wrong. Sometimes the feeling would last a week, and those were the times that I would just remain in bed all day, watching television, trying not to pay attention to the creatures grasp on my hand. Sometimes it would lighten up only to clench down even harder, as if the hand that wasn’t real was tiring from gripping my hand. The one time it stopped. For about a month or so, it went away. I went from living with this entity all day every day to finally being relieved of its grasp. I lived it up in that time. We went all over, from the Great Lakes to Yosemite national park. It had been forever since I could enjoy my life in peace, and we loved every moment of it, grateful to have my body free of this phantoms grip.

We had opened up the deli again, and Rose was doing what she does best again. Monica and I were at the deli. It was almost time to close. Her and I waited outside while we waited for Rose to close the register, talking about her upcoming play for drama class. My wife joined us locking the doors behind her. "Want to join me?" she asked, shaking the pouch of cash in her hand waiting to be deposited at the bank across the street. Monica hopped up eagerly, knowing that the bank gives out suckers at the front desk. "I'll get the truck ready to go," I said, fishing for my keys in my pocket. Ross nodded in approval and joined me at the truck, kissing me lightly on my cheek from the window after I got in, and again on the outside of the glass once I rolled it up. They headed across the street and I looked over to check the side mirror when I saw it. A semi barreling down the street coming straight at my wife and daughter. I yelled her name at the top of my lungs and threw the door open, and that’s when the creature struck. The hand that didn’t exist was suddenly yanked to the opposite side of the vehicle, holding me tightly in place as I kicked and cried out for my wife. That kiss on the truck window was the very last kiss I ever got from Rose, and the creature never let go of me again.

27. Unread #14 - Nov 5, 2020 at 11:42 AM
  28. Spaghetto
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    youngllef

Spaghetto Member

I went with 1, 3, and 8

Creative idea with this event and currently #8 is in the lead!!!

29. Unread #15 - Nov 5, 2020 at 7:16 PM
  30. Lorenzo
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    lorenzosythe
    Discord Username:
    lorenzo
    Nitro Booster (2) Brawlhalla Champion Two Factor Authentication User Pool Shark

Lorenzo Brand New OSRS Services
    $100 USD Donor New

8,1,10 is what I decided to go with.

< [CDT] Halloween Fashionscape Voting [Ends on: 07 NOV 2020 @ 9:00 PM EST] | [CDT] ⚡ Halloween 2020 ⚡ Master Thread SPONSORED BY: MAFIOSO SERVICES >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Adblock breaks this site