NEED ADVICE

Discussion in 'RuneScape Programming' started by Prolix, Feb 7, 2020.

NEED ADVICE
  1. Unread #1 - Feb 7, 2020 at 4:03 PM
  2. Prolix
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Prolix Newcomer

NEED ADVICE

Hello gamers,

Need your kind advice. So basically, I'm a guy that has a great idea (in my own opinion, ofcourse) for a private server, but I do not have any experience whatsoever on coding. The server I want needs to have custom items, custom text dialogues, maybe custom npcs. So my question to you is: 1)If I would want to do everything myself, where would I need to start learning, and how much effort/time would it take to do it? 2)If I would decide to invest into a person to do this for me, what is the price ranges for the things I mentioned before?

Really appreciate everyone's answers!

Much love,
    -Prolix

3. Unread #2 - Feb 11, 2020 at 5:11 AM
  4. Fast Coins
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    kombat#5624

Fast Coins Guru
    $5 USD Donor New

NEED ADVICE

No experience? Hire someone. Not worth the time investment to start learning Java. What you will end up with is terrible code that will get harder and harder to maintain as you develop more features, and is a perfect ground for bugs and performance issues.

There's no real standard on pricing. There are "script kiddies" who just steal the source of other rsps-s, change some variables here and there and BOOM you have yourself a server. It's cheap and quick... but it's shit.
    Put some real money into it and get yourself a guy with a proven record of experience.
    Also, I hope the idea is indeed unique. There are servers pumped up every week.
    If it really is unique, getting traffic is another thing.
    Do not waste all your money on development. You need so much more: website + host, servers, advertisements, etc

- - -

All the best!

5. Unread #3 - Feb 26, 2020 at 3:19 AM
  6. Mr Aesthetic
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Mr.Aesthetic.Sythe#2972

Mr Aesthetic Active Member

NEED ADVICE

Yeah what the guy above me said , pretty much it would take you atleast 1 year to learn how rsps works and stuff and then an additional 1 year to learn how to do stuff by yourself . If you hire somebody it's a flat rate , let's say 30$ and hour. Most of the ideas are so simple to make it takes no time for programmers to complete. I would say 500$ for a server to be programmed. 50$ to set it up .

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
< Buying rsps mule script | Looking for RS scripters $$$$ >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest

Adblock breaks this site