Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hex, Jun 13, 2018.
abortion is murder
No it's not
What's up ffa pro
Why do you think that?
Murder shouldn't be legal just because it makes your life more convenient.
Where do you draw the line on legalising murder? please don't answer with "babies are small"
My dude, you're ignoring one of the biggest cruxes of the issue - pro-choice people generally don't agree that abortion actually IS murder.
I don't see how it helps their argument to pretend abortion isn't murder.
If I suddenly say killing my parents for their inheritance isn't murder, it's a "financial investment" am I suddenly in the right for doing it?
Personally I view deliberately killing another human as murder. I can see that isn't a popular opinion, it's just my two cents :L
Pro-choice people aren't "pretending". Generally, they see murder as the intentional killing of a human that has a developed mind. As in, for it to count as "murder", there has to be somebody who actually suffers. A 1 month old fetus can't suffer as it has no consciousness - it's morally equivalent to stepping on a snail.
No, because your parents are capable of suffering.
You probably don't actually view it that way. Consider the following situations:
- Killing another person in self-defense.
- A soldier shooting another soldier.
- Pulling the plug on a brain-dead person.
- A terminal cancer patient agreeing to be euthanized by their doctor in order to die with dignity.
- A surgeon separating conjoined twins when it is certain that one will die and the other will not.
- An abortion performed to save the mother's life.
- A prison guard shooting a prisoner to stop them from escaping.
- A father tracking down and shooting a man who raped his 4 year old daughter.
- A murderer being executed.
I'm not saying that these situations are all examples of justified killing, and you certainly don't have to address each one, but I'm guessing that at least 2-3 (if not more) wouldn't count as murder to you. If that's the case, then you need to re-examine what you think "murder" means.
Firstly, this is deliberately changing the criteria of murder to suit their
Secondly its fine to kill someone who's mentally retarded? they don't all have developed minds. Some psychologists believe the human mind is still going through a process of development until late teen years, so should it be fine to kill 14 year olds as their minds aren't developed?
They may be "capable" of suffering but if i shot them both in the back of the head while they weren't looking they wouldn't be suffering.
It would still be cruel yes; because by doing that I would be preventing them from living the rest of their lives - which is the same as aborting a baby.
- Killing another person in self-defense. Murder. If you legalise this then people would abuse it and murder whoever they like and say it was self defence.
- A soldier shooting another soldier. That's murder, but I wouldn't prosecute people for doing it under the right circumstances.
- Pulling the plug on a brain-dead person. Murder, may be costly to keep them alive, but hospitals should do what they can to give them the best chances of recover.
- A terminal cancer patient agreeing to be euthanized by their doctor in order to die with dignity. If the doctor agrees he's a murder. Personally if i had terminal cancer I would just jump off a bridge and not make it political.
- A surgeon separating conjoined twins when it is certain that one will die and the other will not. I have no knowledge in this subject area, but it doesn't sound like murder's involved here.
- An abortion performed to save the mother's life. Saving lives by murdering others is murder. (I know I'm really in the minority with this one)
- A prison guard shooting a prisoner to stop them from escaping. No explanation needed, that's murder.
- A father tracking down and shooting a man who raped his 4 year old daughter. That would be the definition of murder.
- A murderer being executed. An eye for an eye? Nope, that's a hypocritical example of murder; I would ensure the best efforts to rehabilitate him.